Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:23 pm

{{Well...I guess we could get someone to fill in for ya....I could ask Grove if you don't want the parts anymore Waddle..}}
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:54 pm

{{Ok, once Grove posts this'll start back up again xD}}
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:33 pm

{{Hopefully that will be soon xD}}
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:34 pm

((lmao xD Patience, young grasshopper!))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:36 pm

{{Yea, everyone keeps saying that xD}}
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:37 pm

((lol...yea, well you know I don't really mean it xD...I'm getting anxious as well!!))
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:42 pm

((Sorry! But I'm totally ready now. ^^
Spoiler:
Name: Almond
Element: Light
Looks: Exactly like picture only her eyes are currently opal. (pearly with flecks of rainbow.) They might change color, I'm not sure yet.
Weapon: Scythe
Other: Carries a mandolin with orb shards tucked safely inside where no one will find them. May have fae wings like in the picture if they are allowed.
Past: Budding elementalist entrusted with orb shards. Her father schooled her in how to be a guardian rigorously. Other than that, nothing at this time.))

Delicately strumming a mandolin, Almond sat lost in thought on the side of the street. Her glittering scythe lay beside her, plainly displaying that she was not just any girl. Still, she was small. Almost too small, it would seem, to wield the sizable weapon she was owner of. Its not like she had a choice, she was guardian of two shards of the orb after all. And therefore an elementalist as well. If she hadn’t been in possession of such a weapon, she would easily have been mistaken for a rich noble’s girl. She hardly looked to be a warrior with her too-perfect skin and long wispy hair. Not to mention her eyes didn’t have the look of a hardened fighter. A breath passed between her lips, a blend of contentment tainted with resignation for her fate. She stood up, gracefully straightening to her full height of five feet and five inches. Pragmatically she stowed the scythe by attaching it to her back, and then tucked the mandolin under her arm. She wandered the streets of Coreden, her small feet traipsing across the cobbles, almost floating through the bustle of the market.

Eyes followed her form; she seemed too vulnerable to venture into such a rough throng. Besides, her possessions seemed to glitter with the promise of quality and riches, especially the small coin pouch that hung at her waist, probably weighted with gold. It was only time before some cocky thief would try their luck with making off with it. The fair skinned girl seemed ignorant of it all as she entered the plaza, but a cloud of disquiet soon crossed her face. Uncertainly, she neared the fountain, her soft opal eyes finally raising to view the motley group that had gathered. She had no good reason to try and join them---as she recognized none of them---but there was a strange force that pulled her forward nonetheless. Before long her eye caught a glitter, and she realized these were the other warriors who were protectors of the orb shards.

In a voice that was reminiscent of the rustling of wheat, she spoke once she was beside them, “I am also a guardian of two orb shards. And in possessions of abilities relating to light…” To prove herself she reached out a hand and sent a glimmer of light floating skyward. It quickly dissipated once it was about the strength of a firefly. “I would do more, but I won’t risk unveiling ourselves here.” She indicated their surroundings with a slow look toward the ever moving crowds. She appeared calm as she returned to silence, but her unease was conveyed by the way she held her mandolin close to herself and felt for the handle of her scythe. Not one to speak up often, she kept her worries to herself, but would be grateful if they moved on soon.
Back to top Go down
http://hierogryphon.deviantart.com/
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:49 pm

Cool character manza ^^ So we can go once mystik gives the 'all clear'
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:59 pm

(( x] Thanks.
Yup, I hope I didn't make any mistakes. o_o
Everytime I make a character I take forever, but then I get excited about bringing them to life so to speak. #^^#))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:56 am

{{Nice! Things are back on a roll now.}}
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Kia began to stare off into space while her mind was working. There were four other people now that they had to meet up with...each of them had power over different elements so far...what were they to do after that? See the King? Kia wasn't even sure why they were summoned now...she had heard rumors though...some kind of evil was seeping it's way back into the world. Maybe that's why they were summoned, to fight back this evil...

A cool breeze blew through the heat of mid-day, and Kia sighed with relief; she hated the heat...She blinked, letting her mind settle back into reality, and was slightly surprised to find someone staring at her. She smiled warmly and the breeze blew around their group for a second time. The blue eyes that gazed at her from under a hood quickly turned away; Kia nearly laughed. The boy was one of them, she had no doubt...then again how she knew was a puzzle to her...Kia looked over to Trinity before back where she'd seen the boy only to find that he'd gone.

Kia frowned; where'd he gone? She looked around for a second, opening her mouth to speek before someone else spoke. Kia looked at Almond with a slight nod of approval. "Light. Very nice." she said. "Welcome to the party..." Kia let the sentence fall, awaiting for the girl to introduce herself.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Mutely the pale child had turned her attention to inspecting the company she was in. A few were hidden from her view, but there was a girl in a long brown skirt with a sword adorned with blue gems. She had been lost in thought, but had considerately greeted Almond after she had lightly summoned a glow. "I am called Almond," the light elementalist answered in reply to the unasked question.

She wanted to return to silence and get a better feel for her new company, but charity demanded that she open up some polite small talk. Her eyes slid back to Kia's face, and she said the first thing that came to her mind. "Is everyone here?" She considered a moment and then added, "Do you know how we are to work together?"

Out of the corner of her eye she noted a darkly clad man of around eighteen who seemed quite reclusive.

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Kia nodded to Almond politely. "My name is Kia." she said, then sighed. "Unfortunatly, no. Supposedly there are eight of us total. So far, I know only those that are standing before you," Kia indicated to Alexander, Trinity, Rune and herself. "And, as to question of us working together..." Kia shrugged. "We all want the same thing no?" she smirked looking at Trinity before back at the crowd.

A surge of heat hit Kia then and she rubbed the back of her arm across her forehead; she could always tell when the day grew hotter or cooler. As soon as the heat came though, it left. Kia frowned. The only way that could possibly happen...is if the fire-elementalist was present. Kia bit her lip before searching through the crowd again. "I have come to notice though..." she said quietly. "that if you look threw the crowd, the ones that should belong to our group tend to stick out..."
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Almond listened, and then turned her too-wide eyes toward the others. She would learn all their names in good time. She gave a small smile at Kia's explanation for working together. "You misunderstand, I meant more, 'for what end are we to work together.'" She brushed a stray strand of hair from her face and continued. "I only received a letter asking that I meet others like me in Coreden, there was no explanation given. I suspect the writer, my father, knew more but deemed in unnecessary to tell me."

Her eyes followed Kia's to Trinity and then outward to the crowd. She suspected that the grey-eyed girl named Trinity and Kia had some sort of connection already. Almond herself knew nothing about any of them, but was not bothered by the solitude, and didn't try to inquire about them yet.

She was called back to the present by Kia's lilting voice, "I have come to notice though..." the water elementalist said quietly. "that if you look through the crowd, the ones that should belong to our group tend to stick out..."

That is true. She admitted to herself. Aloud she added, "I know that my uncommon appearance and way of handling myself keeps me from being unnoticed, but to tell the truth I hadn't thought the same of the other elementalists." Except, perhaps, the dark one. I should pay more attention.

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:35 pm

"Ah," Kia said, still scanning the crowd as she addressed Almond's rephrased question. "You'll have to forgive me for that, I tend to take things quiet literatlly, or too deep, never a happy medium." she shrugged then said. "As to what we are supposed to do, I am curious. I was simply told the same as you- to come here...not much more..." she sighed, rubbing her eyes slightly before blinking again.

"I have heard....rumors though..." she added quietly.

His breeze shuffled around him once again; it was trying to tell him something. Pushing his hood back, Luke let out a sharp breath before shooing his wind away. Being able to do as it wished, the breeze went back to the group at the fountain. Luke frowned, paying for the small peice of bread in his hand before looking back at the group. It was the others he was sure; his breeze was acting up. It came back to him on his will, and brought back one sentence- "I have heard rumors though." Luke frowned, taking a bit out of the hard bread; what on earth where they talking about?!
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:08 pm

Terra inched her bundled feet forward until she had a clear visual of the group. While she had been arguing with herself on how to approach the group, another girl had joined them. She looked fair and not much like a fighter, except for a scythe on her back, but Terra could sense the power that swelled within her.

I can not just go up to them. Can I?[i] she inched forward again before stopping abruptly and yelling at herself [i]What are you thinking! You'll get nowhere being so open to anyone you find different! she scolded. Shaking her head, Terra took a deep breath and walked up to them, tapping the girl who had just recently joined on the shoulder "Excuse me." She paused, choosing her words with care "But..." Spit it out! she told herself, taking a deep breath Terra said "I... have control over fire" she mumbled. Watching them for any signs of recognition.

[[I don't have time for my other character. This is REALLY rushed... sorry >.>]]
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:37 am

As Almond looked across the crowd she couldn't find anyone who looked to be one of their own. Then again she didn't know what she was looking for. She looked back at those who were already gathered. They all seemed aware of their surroundings, a little tense perhaps, and conscious of how they appeared to others. It made sense since they were the guardians. Her opal optics came back to rest on the crowd for a final time.

This time she realized that an auburn girl had been self-consciously watching them. Sure enough she began to edge toward them. So as not to seem like she noticed, Almond looked away, and realized that there was a tall boy who was standing alone and looking in their direction. His bright interested eyes made him seem different from the other passersby who were simply going about their daily business.

She realized that the hesitant girl had come up finally, but was startled to realize that it was her that the elementalist decided to address. Inside Almond recoiled the way she would from a strange smell. She betrayed nothing of her uncontrolled thoughts she hoped, but she did stiffen while the girl stumbled over her words, finally getting to the point. "I..... have control over fire." She murmured, watching Almond with eyes searching for acceptance. Taken aback by those eyes, Almond hesitated, softening for a moment from her usually somewhat cold demeanor.

"You are in the right place. I am a manipulator of the element light." She felt like comforting the other, but refrained from it, softly continuing. "There are eight of us. Now that you have joined us that makes six." She wasn't sure how to phrase her next question, so she crisply trying to regain her typical aloofness. "I am Almond, and Kia is she, now may I know your name?"
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:57 am

‘Almond…Luke…Terra…’ The names of the others resonated and echoed in her mind. She hadn’t noticed any of them until the ringing in her ears sounded again. The piercing, high-pitched scream her sword continuously pumped through her mind caused her to flinch again and again.

‘Almond…Luke…Terra…’

Trinity sighed angrily, repeatedly forcing her sword into its sheath. She undid the strap around her waist and let the weapon fall to her feet. She sighed in defeat, placing her head in her hands. It won. The sword won. It had broken her heavily guarded wall and had it crumble in front of others she barely knew. It was really only a matter of time. The ringing, the whispers, it was all just too much. Her father told her one that would happen. He warned her of the sword’s potential strength; she ignored him. How arrogant she was back then, oh how she loathed her past!

Trinity drew in a shaky breath, lifting her head up and straightening her back. She glanced around the group apologetically as she bent down to retrieve her sword. Despite the blade being partly revealed, no noise sounded. She smiled at it briefly and continued to maintain her composure. She stood from her seat and secured her weapon to her again, gripping the hilt of her sword gently as it dangled from her hip. She realized her behavior had been rude and apologized to the group.

“Sorry for my outburst…” she mumbled embarrassedly. She painted on a smile and nodded welcomingly at Almond and the newly recruited member, Terra. She sighed and glanced briefly at Kia, wondering how bad her tantrum really was.

((eh...that's all I could think of right now xD))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:52 am

Kia julted slightly; not from the errie clank the sword gave when it hit the floor, but from the fact that Trinity actually dropped it. She watched the girl carefully as she reagined her composure and picked her sword back up. "Everything alright?" she asked quietly as Trinity apologized. A twicth rose in her legs, and Kia realized she'd been standing for this whole time. Turning to look behind her, she pulled her cloak about her and sat on the edge of the foutain once more. Without thinking, Kia let a hand run lighting over the surface of the water behind her.

It was then that she noticed another girl standing next to Almond, and she heard her name beind said. She looked behind Trinity to get a complete view of the girl and nodded. "Welcome aboard." she said before sitting up straight again. That made six...if they could get the boy to join...that would be better, they would only be down by one.

Luke sighed; no point waiting now, two of them had noticed him. Was he that obvious? Keeping his hood down, Luke calmed his breeze before walking over to the foutain. The girl sitting on the foutain was watching him as he took his steps closer. She rested her chin on her hand as she watched, a smirk plastered on her face. He nodded to her polietly, unsure of what he should say.
"It's about time." the girl said. "I was begining to wonder if you were just going to listen in on our conversations for the rest of the day."
Luke shrugged. "One cannot be too careful now can he."
The girls eyes scaned him quickly. "My name is Kia, these are the others," she said with a wave of her hand. "I'll leave it up to them to introduce themselves, but you are...?"
Luke nodded to everyone in turn before introducing himself. "Luke."
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:12 am

The usual fierceness returning to her eyes, and demeanor, Terra introduced herself. Bowing her head slightly she told the group her name. She looked around herself watching the boy who had just approached them and said again "Terra". She sat down along side Kia cringing inwardly at the coldness, Terra subsided a low growl and watched the crowd circulating about them. Before long, she noticed a few stares from the crowd, and her gaze hardened "We should be going soon." She suggested gesturing around herself slightly "This isn't the best place to discuss such matters..." Letting the sentence hang, she watched each passerby for any signs of deceit.

Rune nodded at the new comer, offering her name and following Kia to the fountain where she sat and waited. Lost in thought, she didn't notice the boy until he spoke "Rune" she supplied, before returning to her thoughts and sinking lower into the stony lining of the fountain.

{{I just couldn't think of anything... sorry >.>}}
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:25 am

Trinity cringed slightly from the sudden wave of new people. She cleared her throat and gave a forcibly friendly smile to them.

“Trinity.” She said simply, holding her sword closer to her as she introduced herself. She glanced over at Kia and nodded in reply to her question. She closed her eyes briefly and tilted her head to the side, trying not to crack her neck for Kia’s sake. She let out a sigh as her ears were clear of the ringing. She lightly grasped her coin purse, silencing the jingling.

Her eyes opened and she preoccupied herself by counting the members of the group. Seven. They were only one short. Trinity careened her head past the heads of the others, trying to see if she could sense the missing link. She narrowed her eyes, glancing from passer-by to passer-by.

“Only one left…and I don’t think…they are here…” she muttered aloud accidentally. “But…I could be mistaken…”
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:32 am

Kia looked over at Terra with a nod. "I agree. We should go somewhere less...crowded perhaps?" she asked, scanning the crowd with Trinity. "We are drawing attention to ourselves..."
Luke smirked. "There's a small pub up the road out of the city." he said. "We could go there, it's not very crowded about this time of day."
Kia shrugged. "I don't think the last member is here either..." she muttered quietly.
((bleh))
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:47 am

Terra nodded, "That sounds good, the only people who would hear us are drunks who won't remember a word of it" she said irritably glancing around herself "So where is this pub?" she she asked, lightening her tone a bit and searching Luke for the answer. Glad to be off of the cold fountain, Terra stood up, eying the passerby's who were watching them and waited for an answer.

Rune agreed "Let's go, we still need to figure out what we're going to do" She said, about to ask where they should be off to, but was beaten to the point by Terra. She waited impatiently for the answer, looking around at the crowds nervously

[[Rackerperf...]]
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:54 am

Trinity glanced to Luke at his suggestion and nodded.

"I know that place..." she muttered, trying to ignore the eerie feeling creeping up her spine. Her torso shook violently as a chill overpowered her and she sighed, glancing apologetically at the others. Ringing entered her ears and she reluctantly allowed her sword the few necessary inches out of its sheath.

'Jetta...' The sword whispered in her mind. She was confused. There wasn't anyone else that had joined there group. She knit her brows in confusion, gently pushing the sword back down. She pulled her things closer to her and took a step out of the group and towards the direction of the pub. She turned back to the others, silently waiting to see if they would follow.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:25 am

Terra roughly changed her composure, a measure of fierceness entering her character. Almond was vaguely troubled, but quickly suppressed it and was singly apart once again.

Disturbed slightly by the way Trinity was acting, Almond was mollified by her apology nonetheless. While Almond took note of the way Kia and Trinity acted, figuring there was already a strong bond there, Luke joined them. Almond turned to look at him full on, once again captured by his blue eyes. They intrigued her, more than usual. In fact, they eyes of most of the group were interesting to her. Trinity's grey ones, Kia's hazel, and the other's as well.

A light blush crept across her face when she realized she hadn't introduced herself, and she hurriedly tried to commit everyone's names to memory. Kia, Terra, Luke, Trinity.... Those were the ones she had a glimpse of. While Rune, the dark one, and missing elementalist were the others. "And I am Almond." She said just loud enough so she might be heard.

As she listened intently to the twists and turns of the conversation she was at first glad they were moving off, but a bit disconcerted at the thought of entering a pub. It was dark, chaotic, and dingy in most pubs. Three things that Almond was against. Again she quelled the thoughts, and merely resolved to follow the group wherever they decided was best. She noted Trinity's departure toward what must be the direction of the pub, but she calmly waited for the majority of the group to follow before she herself did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next