Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
elastic
Verifier
elastic

Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:04 pm

(( I second that emotion...

I like Sandra by the way ^^ Nice description. ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:49 pm

{{^-^;; ahehe, not bad after a week of book work huh?

and I know it's she awesome!!! *hugs Sandra* }}
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:54 am

((GAAH! I'm sorry it's taking me so long to post v_v School is kinda draining me...but I'm trying!))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:02 am

{{It's alright. It doesn't have to be as long...as...my..post lmao. Anything's fine you know.}}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:58 pm

((Hm... I'm planning something for later }:-)
But for now, I hope this will do. I'm really sorry it's so short... and bad x[ ))

Terra out her hair as they reached the town. She quickened her pace to keep an eye on Luke who was already disappearing into the Inn. It looked cozy, hospitable, she nodded with quite consent and followed Luke to the door of the Inn, peering over it's frame to see the many people inside
'I hope we'll be able to get some lodging with all of these costumers', she could see Luke reemerging from the crowd, and hoped that the outcome would be good.

Rune quickened her pace as they neared the town, trying to keep up with everyone else, there was hardly anyone left, they had all migrated inside, so it was easier to follow the group. She stopped next to Terra and waited for Luke to reappear from the Inn that was bustling with people.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:26 pm

{{Oh I do love a good twist. I must ask however that it doesn't stear too far off from the plot xD. Anyway, I'd like to wait for E.T. and Grove before I post again lol}}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:34 pm

((Don't worry, It won't get off track. It's not even a big twist, just an event that I want to happen x]

Just make sure the storm keeps up... ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:34 pm

{{Alright then.}}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:09 pm

The sight of the inn was welcome to Almond, and she eagerly peered through the door into it. Inside it had a homely feel, and although there was a variety of customers they all seemed more or less honest folk.

She began to dry herself under the wooden awning, wrung out her hair and did a quick sort of dance to try and shake off what water she could. She managed to get reduce her condition from soaked to damp, but decided to bear it for the time being. With luck they would all be dry, fed, and rested soon, but in any case she wasn't any better off than the rest of them.

Huffing unhappily, she took stock of herself. She was cold, hungry, and completely unprepared to last in this weather. Her cloths were far to light and thin to compete with the down pour and if she didn't get warm soon chances were she'd get seriously sick. *I had no idea what to expect.* She thought miserably. *In fact I still have no idea what to expect. Compared to the others I have no idea what I'm doing.* With a shake of her head she tried to think of anything to help herself prepare more, but there wasn't much she could do at the moment.

"I'll just have to think about it tonight, and do my best to learn along the way." She decided, saying it quietly so that it was almost a promise to herself. It was just frustrating to be put in such a position that she really didn't belong in. *Look at me. I'm a girl that's been groomed for a life totally unlike this. I know hardly anything about being a traveler or an elementalist. But I have to be here, whether I like it or not.* She felt the orbs presence and wondered for a moment what would happen if she just gave them to someone else and left it all behind her. *No no, of course that's not possible. Its been given to me, for some higher purpose, and I have no place to shirk my duties. I just have to keep going and keep up.*

Curiously she eyed the elderly woman that Luke was conversing with. She edged closer just in time to catch the gist of the conversation before they exchanged a fond embrace.

~~~~~~~~

Lifting his boots to shake off the mud, Xander leaned against a post while keeping the group in his eyesight. Luke had disappeared inside, but the others had more or less congregated just outside the inn door. He turned away, and a strange shiver passed all through his clothing, causing them to shed most of the surface water.

Breathing in a deep breath of the rain-think air, he loosened up quite a bit. He was cheered by the fact that the street crowds had thinned substantially, and there was a gloom touching everything around the place. It was almost peaceful in Coreden, something had hadn't expected until they returned to the woodland.

Patiently he waited until Luke emerged again, and even then he still didn't move forward although he did turn to face them again. His hood shadowed his eyes, though it was more for warmth than shadow.

He felt a detached sympathy for Almond, who had barely anything to shield herself from the rain. He was still mostly dry under his waterproof and lightweight cloak. It kept him warm too. Still, the way she was dressed was ridiculous, even for the normally mild season. She should have prepared better for their journey, whether or not she had foreseen the shower or the extended journey to visit the King.
Back to top Go down
http://hierogryphon.deviantart.com/
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:03 pm

{{Awesome. I'm not sure if E.T. is going to post anyting this week....but I'm pester her about it xD in the mean time let's get everyone out of the rain shall we?}}

Kia sat on the rim of the once flowing foutain. It seemed that with the loss of sunlight and people, the foutain had died. Though, there was a heavy amount of water in the basin now from the hard rain itself. Kia sat with her legs crossed, as if she were eating with the King himself and not sitting soaking wet out in the pouring rain. A hand was skimming lightly over the water in the basin and a soft tune was escaping her lips; she had memorized the melody Almond had played without realizing it.

As she hummed, her power's slipped from her. It created a sort of barrier around her and the rain ceased to hit her. It simply stopped half a foot from her head and rolled down as if she were holding up a round shield to the rain. Her eyes were distant, so she hardly noticed. That's when she sneezed. Covering her mouth, Kia's power reliquished it's sheild and the water continued to flow as normal. Rubbing her nose, Kia blinked before looking up at the rain. Maybe she would get sick from this....

Luke stepped from the inn as Kia sneezed. He jumped slightly before looking over at the girl. He couldn't help up laugh to himself at her surprised face. Everyone else was standing under the Inn's awning from the rain. Why wasn't she? "I've got us all rooms. Head inside." He told the others before stepping aside to let them him. He leaned against the window, looking out at Kia as she stood up.

"At this rate you might as well be dead." Luke joked, folding his arms over his chest. Kia shrugged as she stepped under the awning.

"I doubt the God's will let me die so soon." she said while rining out her coat, skirt, shirt and hair. The rest she could dry up once inside. Luke shook his head before pushing the door open for her. Kia flicked her hair as she walked past him, spraying him lightly with water at the same time before stepping into the warmth the inn offered.

Instantly, Kia felt guilty. The amount of people inside was uncountable. Each table that could normally seat four, Kia guess, had at least seven packed around it. This was no small Inn either. "Are you sure there's rooms left for us all?" Kia muttered angrily, looking at Luke over her shoulder. Luke's face seemed to have paled slightly but he nodded all the same.

"Sandra said most of them just wanted to get out from the rain. Not many are staying the night I'm sure." To Kia, he didn't sound so sure. She sighed and looked around for a not so crowded table they could sit at. So far, she could see none. "Head towards a Fire or something." Kia mummbled ahead of her since the rest of the group was in front and she couldn't get around.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:32 pm

{{I really need to lay of the fluff xD}}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:08 am

((Hahah, you make lovely posts. ^^

Neh, I would have replied, but I think I'll wait until there is another post before I do. =]

On a note not entirely unrelated: Why is it that every time I think I have time to relax I always end up not having any? D=))
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:51 am

((Oi, I had a perfectly lovely post that got eaten by an accidental 'back' click. *sigh*
I'll try to get another one up soon...))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:50 pm

{{Oh Grove I know what you mean. What with school and all, I hardly have time on the computer during the week anymoreT-T

I hate the back button monster....}}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:38 pm

((Awww! I hate it when it eats your post. ='[ Sorry to hear that that happened to you. ))
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:40 am

(-reconstruction is complete-)

Terra's gaze flicked to Luke as he reemerged. Not bothering to wait for a conversation, she slipped past him and into the inn. It was warm, dry too, but what bothered her was how crowded it was. She sighed, if Luke said that they had spare rooms, than they had spare rooms, and besides, she wasn't about to refuse refuge from the rain.

Smirking, she made her way to the hearth, sitting as close as she could and ignoring the others around her. 'This flame is pathetic' she thought sourly, giving it the extra energy it needed and smiling softly as it gained strength. It was touching the tip of the hearth when she was done, dancing swiftly amongst the logs that were huddled under it.

Having had her fill of the flame, Terra got up, looking around the inn to make sure no one was looking her way. Smiling, she heated herself, causing most of the water to dry. With a smirk she headed over to the others, waiting for them to make another move.

As she headed over, she heard a gruff, but friendly voice shout to her "Terra?" it said, and she swiveled her head to get a good view of whoever was calling her "It is you!" he called, smiling broadly and motioning for her to come over. She walked over to him smiling cautiously, "Hello Daniel" she said, and stopped as she came to stand next to him. "What are you doing here?" she asked, "Trading and whatnot" he paused, and then seemed to remember something "Oh that's right. I saw your brother a little while ago. You with him?"

Terra's breath caught in her throat, her brother? He was the only one in the village that knew her real reason for coming to Coroden. She smiled and nodded "Yes, I'm with him" she lied, her smile was tight and unreal, but she kept it. If he was there, than she had to find him. "If you'll excuse me, I have to go" she said, still smiling as she turned away, this time very realistically, and keeping it when she reached the group again.

Rune smiled broadly as Luke came back "So, there's room then?" she asked, making sure her ears hadn't deceived her. Smiling she asked "So you know the owner right?" pausing she added "Can we meet her?" her eyes flicked around the room, trying to discern someone who looked like the manager. But, it was near impossible through the large crowd of people.

She sighed, glancing toward the hearth where she expected Terra to be, and not finding her. She saw her talking to someone, a man. She waited a moment for Terra to return asking when she did "Do you know him?" curiously.

( Very Happy I caught up to your awesome posts ^^
Kind of... :/ Rune could of used some work x[))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:10 am

{{Sweetness! I kind of want to wait for E.T. before we go any further xD}}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:16 am

((Okay. ^^ ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:00 pm

{{Sorry for the wait guys Dx }}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:02 pm

((Hey, no, Its alright. =] ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:26 pm

{{Thanks. ^-^; }}
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:08 pm

{{Alright...I have no idea when E.T. will reply next, and I kinda don't want this to die xD}}

Luke let out a sharp breath as Kia stopped suddenly, practically backing into him roughly. He managed a small breeze between them to keep her balance as she swayed. "Kia?" The girl shook her head, pushing a wavy strand of hair from her face. She turned to look at him with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry." she muttered before following Terra. Luke frowned.
"Are you alright?" he asked
"Yes." Kia said with a stiff nod. "It's just the heat. Going from cold to hot so quickly makes me dizzy." she addmitted, leaning against the wall beside the hearth. She couldn't sit too close to the fire...it would make her sick. Still overcoming a wave of dizzyness, Kia thought it best to leave her clothes slightly damp until her body adjusted to the heat.

Luke stared at the girl for a moment before looking around at the others. Terra had quickly drawn up converstation with someone she apparently knew; Rune was sitting by the fire; Almond and Alexander were already inside. For a split second, Luke lost sight of Trinity and Jetta. He didn't have time to think about it for Sandra came up to him then.

Jumping slightly, Luke took a deep breath before smiling at the elderly woman. "Good gracious child you're as jumpy as ever." she said, looking at him with those piercing dark eyes of hers. Luke closed his own for a moment with a shrug. Sandra soon lost her interest and patted him on the chest. "The rooms are set. They're on the second floor at the start of the hallway. Two on the left, one on the right. Girls can share rooms, boys the same."

Luke nodded at the instructions and detials, thanking Sandra again and promising to pay her when he could. Sandra chuckled. "You've a long journey ahead of you Luke," she said quietly. "Don't worry about the smaller things that can be ignored." Luke frowned at the riddle, his shoulders falling as Sandra walked off.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:33 pm

((Alright, I think that she can rejoin us afterward without missing too much. I mean, while they are at the inn she can merge back into the storyline without too much trouble right?))

So gratified by the welcoming sight of a fire that she was ready to cry, Almond wasted no time in winding her way around the numerous guests to the hearth. She felt like she was in heaven as the fire roared even higher beside her. Waves of warmth buffeted her, and she was nearly dry in no time. *I suppose the perk to having thin clothing is it dries rather quickly.* She noted languidly. She would have laid down right there and dozed off in the blissful comfort except for the crowd that also wanted a place by the fire. She stood next to Terra, and kept her place at least in the vicinity of the warmth while she took stock of her new surroundings.

The majority of the guests were still damp, but few of them were gloomy. Warm food and good company could brighten anyone’s mood and there was plenty to go around here. Almond could certainly tell why Luke had brought the group here, it was a homely establishment perfect for their miss-matched company. “Oh, this place is wonderful, the fire is marvelous and I know the rooms will be so cozy.” She spoke with her bell-like voice overflowing with appreciation. Elated, she pranced back through the throng and only by chance heard a voice humming.

She stopped spellbound, recognizing the melody a few seconds later. Astounded, she placed a hand on a scratched wooden table top to steady herself. Kia was humming the few bars of the tune she had played. Her heart seemed fit to burst as it hammered with excitement a tears nearly came to her eyes in her happiness. Kia had liked it and had even memorized it in only the few moments she had heard it. It was the largest compliment anyone had paid her playing, after all her father had been certain her work was no more than an idle hobby played with unskilled hands. Wanting to leave quietly before anyone noticed, she crept into a corner, still overjoyed and amazed at the praising gesture.

((Aaaaand, Xander is coming......later....))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm

{{Yea she can. I'll wait for you to finish and for elastic to post before I do anything else.}}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:03 am

Terra feeling far more energized, but a bit confused at the announcement of her brother's presence, jumped at Rune's presence "Yes" she said curtly, glaring at the girl to keep her from asking anymore questions. She wasn't prepared for any other inquiries, she was afraid that some information would slip if they were asked.

Looking around the group, Terra noticed Sandra had appeared again and looked curiously to Luke, wondering how he knew her. Deciding not to ask, she instead inquired "So, are our rooms ready? I could use a warm bed..." trailing off at the thought of it.

She ran a hand through her tousled wine red hair, making sure there weren't any last bits of water lurking in it. Satisfied, she waited for an answer and looked around the group.

_______

Rune nodded at Terra's response, feeling a bit awkward under her stare, but getting it's message. Still, she wondered how Terra knew the man and what the conversation had been about. 'I suppose it's best to leave that be...' she thought.

Sandra came over to the group, and when she left, Rune looked curiously at Luke. He seemed to be generating the same expression and she wondered why that was. To keep herself from butting in, she looked out one of the windows, seeing that it was still pouring rain outside.

((Sorry for the short posts... =/))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next