Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
elastic
Verifier
elastic

Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:44 am

Terra returned to the conversation as the carriage passed by. She raised an eyebrow at Almond's description of the rocks, deciding it would be best not to argue further, she seemed sure of it. She watched as the rocks fell into her pouch. Terra nodded at Luke's statement, she was beginning to get cold, and she could already feel chills spreading over her.

Terra noticed that Alexander seemed to be in a hurry to get out of the rain, like most of them were, and she agreed with him. "Come on, let's go and then we can talk some more" she mumbled, waiting for someone else to make the first move instead of her. She glanced around the group, as another set of chills came over her.

Rune watched as Almond displayed she didn't value the rocks greatly and pursed her lips. She was getting the chills from the icy touch of rain, goosebumps had been sent all over her. She rubbed her arms and wrapped the wet cloak uselessly around herself. It didn't make a difference, the cloak was drenched with the cold rain, and it only sent another set of chills through her.

It had been hot out earlier, Funny how that can change so easily... she thought, a foreign bit of bitterness creeping into the though. She didn't like rain one bit. She was thankful that Luke had suggested that they get into shelter and nodded, hearing Alexander agree, she looked back again, noticing he was avoiding her gaze. She sighed and agreed "I think that would be the best thing to do..." She trailed off, waiting for them to go.

((Hm... I feel like a wimp next to your gormundor posts x] ))

Last edited by elastic on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:14 am

{{um, if you guys don't mind I'd like to wait for ET to post before we continue ^-^; }}
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 am

((No problem. ^^ ))
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:06 pm

((

x]
I was trying to make up for not posting much earlier, lol. Plus I had some things for my charries to do. |3
Alexander gets to be cranky (and react to everybody for the first time) while Almond gets to offer her help! Both Rune and Terra don't have a ton to do at the moment, so you did magnificently for just commenting on the rain. x]

*nods in agreement with Mystic*
As Almond might say, "An excellent proposition." ;]

))
Back to top Go down
http://hierogryphon.deviantart.com/
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:18 pm

(( Thanks x]

ahahaha! I'm laughing so hard at 'an excellent proposition' ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:35 pm

{{wow, nice. Yea um E.T's at her dad's where she lacks internet so im not sure when we'll get a post xD}}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:48 pm

(( Aw, do you know whens she'll be back?))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:52 pm

{{Once the weekend's up. But then school's back so...I'm not sure...^-^; }}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:54 pm

((Oh, well, that's alright. We can all think of something to right about x] hehe))
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:02 pm

((Ooof! No internet over the weekend? That's hard! You can't visit fun websites, AND if you have homework, you have to do it all without it. =\

Well, if you can, let her know that I understand completely and not to worry about it. ^^

lawls, xD
Elastic, that's true! ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:38 am

{{Yea, we've been trying to coax her father into getting internet acess at his home for over two years now with no luck ^-^;

Thanks for understanding, I'll pass along the word.}}
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:09 pm

((Aww ^^ Thanks guys! I'm really glad you all understand xD I still feel obligated to apologize for my absense, though...so I sorry!

I'm gonna try to post something decent...soon...lol))
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Trinity glanced from person to person as each of them spoke. She wasn’t sure what to do. She couldn’t offer any sort of advice or opinion; she wasn’t exactly thrilled to be there, nor was she focused. The rain, though refreshing, fell against her sword, sending sharp hissing through her ears. She held her tight grip on the hilt, using it instead of her feet to sustain her balance.

She let her eyes close, futilely hoping it would help the hissing go away. Someone, Terra, she guessed, was opposed to the idea of horses. Trinity’s brows knit together. She understood where she was coming from, but horses ensured a quicker trip. Another someone brought up the issue of money. Trinity sighed; she hadn’t much to contribute. Someone else, Almond, she thought, suggested trading valuables. Trinity’s eyes shot open. Something valuable? Her fingers delicately traced the handle of her sword. The corners of her mouth turned down. It was definitely valuable. Her lips arched upward. Getting rid of it would ensure no more screeching, no more ringing, no more whispers-

‘Trinity…don’t you dare…’

Her eyes shut and she tilted her neck to the side as a fierce wave of ringing washed through her mind. Despite the pain, she kept her idea rolling in her head.

‘Remember all we’ve been through…all I’ve done for you…all we could do…together…’

Trinity’s eyes scrunched in anger.

‘All you’ve done for me?!’ she thought bitterly. ‘You mean all you’ve made me do!’ Her eyes opened and she was glaring at the ground, her grip on her sword no longer loving, but forceful. The rain that fell onto her face masked the tears welling up in her eyes and spilling onto her cheeks. Being rid of that god-forsaken sword would be the best thing that would ever happen to her. Her mouth opened her speak when Jetta beat her to it.

“Almond, kept your gems.” She said uninterestedly. Trinity glanced over at her; she stood with her arms crossed as she leaned against a tree.

Jetta pushed herself off the trunk with her foot and stepped slowly toward the group. She had been watching and listening to their conversation carefully. She’d made a small bet in her mind about how long it would take before they’d actually come up with a decision. She won.

“Trading those won’t get you much more than two horses and a roll, anyway…” she muttered, running her fingers through her rain-drenched hair. She glanced over at Trinity and narrowed her eyes yet again at the girl; she looked angry. Shaking her head, she turned back to the majority.

“Did you learn nothing in the pub?” she asked, scoffing softly. “I am well-known in this town.” She declared, a smirk finding its way on her lips.

“So you think you can get us horses?”

Jetta turned to look at Trinity and nodded briefly before quickly venturing further towards town. Trinity narrowed her eyes and instinctively stepped after her. She caught herself and glanced around the group, finally giving Kia a warning glance. She didn’t trust Jetta to set off anywhere alone and she doubted anyone else did.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:50 pm

{{Well that's much more than decent if I might say xD}}

Kia folded her arms over her chest, leaning slightly to one side as Jetta talked. She hadn't even noticed the girl standing around. She passed cold fingers over her lips as the girl walked towards the center of town. Her sharp hazel eyes darted to Luke before catching Trinity's eyes. She threw her hands up into the air, accidently drying herself off in the process. "Might as well head into town then."

Luke shook his head as Jetta walked off wondering just exactly how she was so 'well-known' in this town. He nodded stiffly to Kia before looking around at everyone in turn and following Jetta.

((bleh, imagination is elsewhere atm.))
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:56 pm

((^-^ hehe Thank you! I really tried on that one xD lol))
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Terra, annoyed at the confidence in Jetta's voice stood rigid. Crossing her arms she watched her head to town. Letting out a scoffing breath and looked around, the rain heightening the annoyance on her face. Her eyes narrowed as she set off after Jetta.

Terra winced as a headache slammed into her skull, she shot a hand to her head and started rubbing her temples. 'Maybe it's the rain...' she thought, considering the possibility of it. Even if it wasn't that, she wanted to get out of the rain. Wrapping her cloak tighter around herself, Terra shook her head to try and dispel the ache.

____

Rune watched with quite amusement as Jetta spoke, she hadn't really noticed the girl, and she found the way the girl talked amusing. Lips set in a thin smile, she listened to Jetta speak, finally seeing her turn towards town. Rune paused, looking back at Almond, Alexander, and Terra. She saw Terra set off, an aggravated expression set hard on her face, and went to follow.

Glancing back at the two left, Rune found herself looking at Alexander again, something about him interested her, his personality? She didn't know, but she tried to push it off for the time being. Looking down, Rune found that she had stopped, and was standing in a puddle, groaning, she pulled herself out of it and started walking again.
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:34 pm

((Sorry about that last post, x[ ))
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:03 pm

As both Luke and Alexander were impatient to start forward, Almond was ready as well. In fact she had already cheerfully begun to move to their next destination when a disinterested voice stopped her dead in her tracks. She froze as the words rang in her mind. "Almond, keep your gems."

Jetta. Jetta had spoken up, telling her in that bored tone that her offer was paltry. Burning with shame Almond quickly reverted to her training and her face was kept utterly mild and impassive.

On the interior she wilted and drew inside herself, hurt by the rejection. *They're one of the only things I have to offer, but even the few things I am capable of are of no use to this group. They have so much more ability in every way. How can I compete?* She despaired, certain that they all were barely tolerating her.

“Trading those won’t get you much more than two horses and a roll, anyway…” The final stab affirmed all her suspicions. Her gems were useless to them. Jetta could get them horses, Luke knew a place for them to stay, Kia could even dry them off with a wave of her hand. *And I... I have a few cheap trinkets.* She realized bitterly. *Not even worth half the strain and concentration it takes to fashion them.*

With nothing left to say, she reservedly moved to follow those who had already started to move off. Her previous slowly trusting nature had instantly vanished, and she was again back to being timid and insecure.

~~~

Glowing at the thought of a bed, a free meal and a horse ride instead of a hike, Alexander almost didn't notice when the rest of them started to move off. He started, and realized that that girl was staring at him again. Irritably he thought to himself, *Doesn't she know when to stop?* But let it go for the time being.

He was not about to let her ruin his good mood over the tidings. Perhaps tagging along with this mixed company after all. He lowered his head to hide a smirk, *Who am I kidding? Chances are this will be the high point of it all and the rest will be days of exasperation. Really though, the more I listen the stranger this group seems.* If he had a choice, he wouldn't have even stayed with them this long. Especially with the way that girl with the sword kept acting. It was bordering on creepy. He wondered offhandedly, *Maybe she's hallucinating it all.* He did study the back of her head for a moment, but figured that she just wasn't that type. *Its just her element messing with her head then.* He decided, but didn't let it stop him from harshly judging, *She really ought to stop it. She's giving us a bad name with her crazy actions.*

He kept his head down as they moved through the crowd, only glancing up from time to time when one approached uncomfortably near. For the most part he ignored what was happening around him, thinking his own thoughts and only listening from time to time to the general direction of the conversation.

((Sorry? Why?

I'm trying colors for speech/thought. It looks nice, but I'm still playing with it. I'm not sure if I'll keep it yet.))
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:23 pm

((Cuz I didn't explain anything x[

It looks pretty :O ))

Terra found her hood slipping back every so carefully as she took each step. With a grunt, she pulled it forward and over her head again. She was in a foul mood, from the rain and most of the group. With a bitter scowl she thought 'Why am I here anyways? Because I was told to come? I don't even know these people! Let alone trust them... Almond's the only one I'd come close to trusting.' with a grunt she ended the thought, but the ideas stayed. She was beginning to have doubts about their group, when the cold rain brought her back and she remembered the pouch by her side 'Oh, that's why'

With a soft sigh, Terra found herself tucking the pouch into her cloak and pulling the tough material around herself tighter. She realized they were missing something, food. They had shelter and horses, or hoped they had them, but no food "So how are we going to get food then?" She asked, annoyed that no one had remembered, it was the one thing they actually needed.

She rummaged in her pockets, nothing. With a grunt Terra looked around for an answer to her question. First at the group, then at the forest, all the animals would be hiding from the prominent rain, she wouldn't be able to hunt. It seemed there was nothing for her to do other than wait for the others solutions.

Groaning again, Terra realized her headache was still pounding at her, but tried to ignore it. Nothing food and a dry spot to rest won't fix she reassured herself, trudging on through the onslaught of rain.

_____

Rune grunted, annoyed that she had stepped right into a puddle 'Great observation skills...' she thought dryly to herself. Her hand shot up to her face as a thick drop landed on her eye. With a flick of her wrist, Rune whipped it away and continued walking. She turned towards the sky, to observed the clouds and see if they were thinning at all.

They weren't, but she realized she had no idea what period of the day it was, it must of pasted noon by now, but she couldn't see the sun for direction thanks to the large clouds. It seemed dark, but it always did when a storm was looming.

Her head whipped to watch Terra as the girl offered they're last problem, the food one. Now that she thought about, Rune felt her stomach rumbling from the pain, 'I hope the Inn has food' she prayed.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:08 pm

{{I'm reeallly sorry that i havent posted here yet. School is leaving my brain dry x_x I'll try to think up something}}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:15 pm

((I know how you feel D8 ))
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:12 pm

((+Don't worry about it!

I think we all are having a tough time trying to keep up with everything in our lives. =3

I know that it has been a bit of a relief that I don't feel like I have to reply yet. x] So I should actually be thanking you! xP
lololol, Just take your time. ;]+))

((+ Oh, and the reason I just added pluses is because I'm tired of my end parenthesis looking like smiles in emoticons... xD +))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:03 pm

The brisk walk back into town seemed a shorter distance than leaving the center. Either that, or Kia was imagining it; the later could be highly possible. The rain made Kia's sense of time and distance distorted. She was, of course, perfectly content in staying in this pouring rain; if of course it wasn't for the fact that she would probably catch her death from it!

Nevertheless, Kia put her wants aside and managed to keep up with Jetta's pristine(if I'm using that word correctly xD) walk, in her terms of not loosing sight of the girl, and was actually walking alongside Trinity.

The girl had seemed a little troubled earlier and Kia was somewhat glad the group was slightly seperated. Now she could express her concerns. "Everything alright?" she asked quickly, holding the folds of her skirts in her hands to prevent them from getting even more dirtier from the now mud ground.

The town was practically deserted now. With all the rain, business had packed up to salvage what they had to sell, and other people and ran from the center quickly to seek shelter from the cold rain. Luke found it slightly ironic that the whole atmosphere of the town changed with the unexpected weather. It felt more like an abandoned town then a populated marketplace.

The inn wasn't hard to find; the light from all the candles alight inside was unmistakable. Luke bit his lowerlip as he counted the candles in the windows of the two-story building. He hoped there would be enough rooms.....Well, if he knew Sandra....she would make room for them all.

Of all the people in Coradin, Sandra was the most hopsitable and caring person Luke had ever met. It came in handy since she ran the only respectable inn within the city. Heading to the inn before everyone else had made it into center of town, Luke pushed back the wooden door, smiling at the light ding of the bell above.

The tavern half of the inn was a complete bustle. It seemed that the atmosphere of the center of town had moved into Sandra's inn. Pushing his hood back, Luke scanned the different tables and people serving, looking for one face in particular....

"Luke, darling! You're soaking wet! Come in, come in, or you'll catch the death me boy!" Sandra called from Luke's side, before she pushed him towards one of the three fireplaces. "What can I get you child? Bless me, you are drenched! Were you sitting in a puddle?!" Luke held back a laugh, shaking his head lightly before turning around to face the elderly women.

"Sandra, I'm fine, honest. But I need a...small favor.." Luke said. Sandra blew away a strand of thining and gray hair-(the rest of it was pulled into a small tight bun at the back of her small head), and whipped her arms over the beige apron that covered her maron colored dress. She looked up at look with dark eyes, nodding slightly for him to go on.

Scanning the large area again Luke sighed. "Have an rooms open?" he said quietly. Sandra smiled, patting Luke on the cheek.

"For you, always Luke." she answered. Luke nodded, then bit his lip, almost ashamed to be taking her up on this opertunity. "What about for some friends as well?" he asked. Sandra looked at Luke with brows knitted in a quizzical way. "Luke Samuel what are you up to this time?" she asked sternly.

Luke shifted weight as he thought of the best way to explain his situation. "I just need rooms for me and about seven others. We're all short of cash and we've got to see the King in the morning. I'll tell you the rest of the story but not when..." Luke glanced around the tavern, nervous of those who might have already been listening in. Sandra caught the drift and nodded in a way that made her look older and more tired than anything. "Bring them in me boy, they must be as drenched as you are. I'll prepare the rooms, most of these people aren't staying the night. They just wanted to get out of this rain."

Luke sighed with relief. "Sandra you're a saint." he said, hugging the women lightly before leaving the inn to inform the others.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:05 pm

{{All done ^^}}
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:44 pm

((O_O *jawdrops* Holy. Mother. Of. Pearl.

I'ma need some time to read that and come up with a response xD

Oh my goodness...Kudos to you, my friend ^^))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)   Shattered Gems. (semi-lit) - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shattered Gems. (semi-lit)
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next