Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

1x1 with x_fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:57 pm

The knife flew at him in slow motion, smiling Demitri stepped to the left, letting the kinfe fly past his shoulder. It clattered to the floor.
"Nice try" He said encouragingly, before walking over and grabbing the knife.
He walked over to them. "You did well. Don't expect to hit me, or anyone the first time. It's a lot harder then it looks" He handed her the knife.
"The key is to anticipate where I'm going to be, it's hard, but you'll get it. Study where I move, how I move, and you'll be able to hit me. Just remember, I'm helping you train, so I'm going to make odvious mistaks so that you learn" he reminded her.

Keith watched Alayna, she was getting sore. He nodded his head, listening to what Demitri said. It was true. His friend was going to take it easy on her, to help her learn. If the girl ever went up against a vampire, he hoped she ran away. The only thing that could kill a vampire was fire; and nto just a little bit. You had to burn them, literally everywhere. The most effective method was lighting them on fire, but it was harder then it sounded.
Back to top Go down
http://lonevega.webs.com/
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Kristen nodded, not really having anything to add. She could tell that Alayna had been watching where Demitri had moved. She had grown impatient, and thrown too early. A few more times and she may have had him. "Not too bad for a first day though." she said with a nodd.

Alayna sighed, taking the dagger from Demitri once again. She no longer bounced it, or weighed it in her hand, but she still looked at it with a grim face. Pulling her eyes from the dagger, Alayna nodded to Demitri. "I was trying to judge your next spot." she said with a slight smile.

"Go again." Kristen said before walking over to Keith and sitting down gently. "How do you think she's doing?" she asked queitly.
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Demitri moved off again, faster and more irregular then before. He allowed his mind to slip into a more animalistic mind set, his speed increasing slowly. He no longer made the mistakes he had deliberately made in the first round. He became the perfect hunter, although occasionally he would deliberately make mistakes, giving her rare oppertunities to hit him. He retained a very thin control over his sense, letting himself make the mistakes, constantly reminding himself that it was training, practice. It was okay to make mistakes, deliberate mistakes.

Keith glanced at Kristen.
"She's doing okay. But Demitri's right, he's making deliberate mistakes that no one would make in an actual fight" He said, she was doing pretty good.
"She's doing amazing for a first time though. But I don't think she fully understands that even with all our help, she's going to be very unprepared. I mean most of the students at this school have been fighting for years, practicing, training stuff like that. It's hard to prepare someone for the world out there" He nodded at the doors, indicating the rest of the school.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Alayna watched carefully, swaying back and forth as Demitri moved. She narrowed her eyes at the mistakes he made. She wasn't sure if they were the actual mistakes or not, but she had a good feeling they were. She had a better chance of hitting him when he messed up, but not much.

Taking a deep breath, Alayna evened herself out again, balancing her weight automatically. It was almost like playing a game with her brother. Alayna smirked, her eyes going to one place Demitri was bound it stop at. When he did, Alayna threw the dagger much harder and a little faster; it was father from where she stood then the other spots he had moved to.

Kristen nodded in agreement. "There's a fighter in her..." she mused, watching as the dagger flew from Alayna's hand again. "There's no doubt about that. She's learning quick too. We may not get her caught up with those in the real world, but we can get her close." Kristen said, stretching her arms out again. Her shoulder was sore. "Maybe she can take a few defense classes...it'll help to have an actual teacher. Our knowlegde only reaches so far." she said with a slight chuckle.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Demitri saw the knife fly towards the spot he had intened to make a mistake at. Smiling he stepped into the knife, allowing it hit his shoulder. Catching it, he noted the bent angle of the blade, and carefully straightened it. Smiling he turned towards Alayna, inclining his head to her.
"Good job" He said, walking over and handing her the knife.
"You anticipated my next move, my mistake, and took advantage of that" He smiled at her, not saying much more. The mistake had been deliberate of course, but it was a mistake someone could potentially make, especially someone inexperienced or fighting with passion.

Keith nodded, "I can fight with her. In heaven I helped train angels who wished to be warriors like myself" He said, smiling. Demitri and Kristen often forgot he had been a warrior, and a highly skilled one. In fact neither of them had ever even seen him fight, which right now was fine by him.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Alayna sighed, rubbing her shoulder and flexing her fingers. "You stepped into that one." she muttered with a light smirk. She was glad he did. She took the knife back without looking at it, and turned to look over her shoulder at Kristen. "I hit him that time." she called.

"Yea I saw." Kristen said. She looked back at Keith with a wry smile. "I sometimes forget you were once a warrior..." she said quietly. "You hardly ever fight." Looking back at Alayna, Kristen narrowed her eyes. "Hey, Layna...ever done hand to hand before?" she asked curiously.

Alayna tensed, turning to look at Kristen now. "Only with my brothers." she said. "Never like..profressionally..." Kristen nodded, rubbing her lips thoughtfully. For some reason, she got the impression that Alayna could fight better with somewhat of a closer target.

"Demitri, what do you think?" Kristen asked. "Few more tosses? Or close action?"
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:40 pm

"Yes I did. Deliberately. Not many creatures can see things like I do. So for someone dodging your attacks, stepping into it like that would have been completely normal" Demitri explained, smiling at her. He glanced at Kristen, "Close. I want to see how she reacts with someone actually attacking her, not just dodging" He murmured, smiling somewhat sadistically. In close quarters, without mistakes, he was unbeatable.

"I don't see the point of fighting. I once fought with legions of angels, sending demons back to hell and battling with the forces of Lucifer. But now..." He trailed off and glanced at her sadly.
"Maybe I'll show you one day" He murmured carefully, he wouldn't fight her, or anyone at the school, unless he had the intent of actually ending their lives. That was how angels fought, it wasn't just to hurt, it was to kill.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:52 am

Alyana shifted her weight from foot to foot as she looked from Demitri to Kristen. "Really?" she asked quietly, more to herself the anyone. For some reason, she had a feeling this would be the hardest part of training. "Can't I just take a class for that?" she whined, her shoulders falling and a slight smile on her face.

Kristen looked at Keith. "Maybe." she agreed with a nod. Turning her attention back to Alayna, Kristen smiled. "Stop whining." she said. "The classes here don't teach you the dirty tricks people really use in a fight." Her eyes sharpened and glinsted in a way that made Alayna shiver. "Don't worry, he'll go easy on ya." she said with a slight laugh.

Reality hit Alayna then. She looked up at Demitri with a worried expression. Now, everything in her body was telling her this fight, wasn't a good idea. She held her dagger tightly. "You sure about this?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:25 am

"Of course" Demitri said grinning a bit.
"I've done this tons of times with Kristen, as well as in some of the classes with the teachers" He reassured her.
"Honestly Alayna, if I didn't feel like this was a safe, or good idea. I wouldn't do it. I promise" He murmured.
"And I will take it easy on you" He said, grinning and winking at her as he doged away again. Standing in the same spot as before to start. He grinned and nodded at her.
"Ready?" He asked her, bouncing on the balls of his feet again.

Keith smiled, but it was forced. He missed the old days, the feeling of brotherhood as he trained and fought along side his battalion. He sighed, and watched Demitri and Alayna. The girl was nervous, but that was good. If she hadn't been nervous he would have been concerned.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Alayna took a deep breath, moving her shoulders back and forth. "Alright.." she muttered, watching Demitri carefully. Just like messing around with your brother...she told herself over and over again. Twirling the dagger in her fingers, she held the hilt with the edge of the blade paralllel to her arm. She'd seen people doing it in movies all the time. It was worth a shot now. "Yea. I'm ready." she said quietly, balancing her weight again and bouncing from left to right slightly.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Demitri disappeared, moving at vampiric speed. He didn't move towards Alayna right away, he moved around the gym, darting close, pulling back. Once again he slipped into his hunting mindset. He still retained enough control to make a few common mistakes. He grinned, letting his fangs slip from hiding for a moment, before pulling them in again. He moved, standing behind Keith for a moment, visible for maybe half a seocond, then he was there. He stood next to Alayna, hand snapping out and tipping the dagger from her hand. Arms went around her, hand over her mouth, lips to his throat.
"Got you" He murmured, moving his lips to her ear, before stepping back, standing beside her and grinning.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Alayna's eyes went wide once Demitri disappeared. She took a few steps forward, looking around the gym slowly. She had a feeling he would do this. He was moving so fast, she couldn't really see him. A bit of movement caught her eye, and she turned around sharply to face Keith and Kristen. Kristen saw the look of confusion cross over the girls face before Demitri re-appeared behind her.

Her first reaction was to scream but Demitri's hand was over her mouth. Her next thought was to elbow the vampire in the face, but his arm was holding her down. Spinning the dagger in her hand, Alayna tried to throw a quick jab at the boy, but he stepped away from her. She never hit him once. She turned to look at him, her heart racing and her breathing coming short. Taking a deep breath, she twirled the dagger in her hand again; how was she supposed to fight him?
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Demitri smiled at her, making sure he kept his body relaxed, so that she wasn't stressed anymore.
"Chill" He murmured, seeing her anxiety.
"You weren't supposed to hit me that time, I wanted to see what your basic reaction was" He murmured, explaining his motives. They had to see how she reacted in highly stressful situations. He glanced at Kristen, letting her explain to the girl what she had done right and what she had done wrong.

Keith watched, he had seen several mistakes, but she had also reacted in a manner that was expected.
"Good job" He called encouragingly. He sighed and glanced at Kristen, "So?" He asked her, wanting to hear her thoughts on the 'fight'.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Alayna took a deep breath in an attempt to calm her beating heart as she shook away the fear that had coursed through her body. She spun the dagger before hidding it back in her jeans. Letting her hair out, Alayna scracthed her head, walking in a circle in order to cool down. She rubbed her face with shaking hands as she turned away from the group.

Kristen looked from Demitri to the pacing girl, cracking her knuckles. "Maybe we should take a break." she said after a moment of silence. She inhaled deeply before standing up slowly. "She's as pale as a ghost..." she muttered, more to herself than anyone.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:53 pm

Demitri nodded, smiling still, although it flatered for A minute.
"Yea, I guess I overdid it" He murmured, walking over to Kristen and Keith.
"Besides that, what do you think?" He asked them, glancing back at the pacing human. He had noticed a number of small mistakes, but they could easily help her overcome or change them.

Keith sighed and stood, walking over to Alayna.
"Are you alright?" He asked the poor girl. Demitri, or any vampire for that matter, could be incredibly scary and intense when they wanted to be. For someone who had just learned about their world, that was probably a bit much for her.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Kristen took a deep breath, shoving her hands into her jean pockets as she walked to stand beside Demitri. "I think this will be something she'll have to work on." she said thoughtfully. "She saw you when you appeared by Keith, so her eyes sight is sharp. But she got confused for a moment, that's probably why she was spooked so badly." Kristen rubbed her nose before shoving her hand back into her pocket. "Other than the fact that her first reaction was to scream, I think she would have had you." Kristen's eyes darted to the vampire. "What did you cacth that I didn't?"

Alayna looked up at Keith before standing so that the tall angel blocked her view of Kristen and Demitri. "I'll be alright." she said quietly, clenching her hands into fists before folding her arms over her chest. "I just have to get used to it." she said, somewhat coldly before looking down at the ground.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:10 pm

"Well after attepting to scream, she tried to elbow me, once I grabbed her. Which wouldn't work very well on anyone in the school, and if she had succeeded in elbowing me, she probably would've broken her arm" He said softly. He glanced back at her.
"On a brighter note, she tried to use her knife, which was good, but she was slow at getting it up" He murmured, glancing from the girl to Keith.
"I guess it's time for some magic training then?" He asked Kristen, watching Keith. He had never seen the angel in action, and he was really curious about it.

Keith nodded, "You'll adjust, plus vampires are just plain weird" He said, smiling softly. He winced a bit at the coldness in his voice. He sighed and glanced at the floor, not wanting to push her anymore.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Kristen nodded as Demitri talked. "Well, I'll bet she isn't exactly used to fighting vampires." she muttered with a light chuckle. "Any human would easily have a bloody nose with an elbow in the face." Kristen folded her arms over her chest as Alayna stepped behind Keith. She nodded to Demitri again. "Yea. We'll work on the combat again tomorrow after classes. If we get her into a routine, all the better." she said quietly. "Keith, she's all yours." she called before turning around and sitting against the stands.

Kristen was silent after that, a thoughtful expression clear on her face. She took a deep breath before looking at Demitri. "Why are we doing this Demitri?" she asked quietly, her face set hard again.

Alayna chuckled. "And here I thought I was the werid one..." she said quietly. Looking over Keith, Alayna nodded to Kristen, feeling relief coarse though her. "Won't have to go through that again today." she half muttered, half prayed. "I guess magic lessons now?" she asked, frowning as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Demitri was sort of taken aback by the question.
"Honestly Kristen? I have no idea" He murmured, sitting next to his friends, a small frown on his face.
"But I guess if Keith can handle humans, so can we" He murmured, glancing at his friend with a slightly sad expression.
"We all suffered some at the hands of humans, but not all of them are bad and I mean, I don't think she's going to hurt us. But I honestly don't know. I've asked myself that a few times" He murmured.
"Is helping her really worth it?" He voiced the awful question, but it was true. He, Kristen and Keith were risking their lives to help the girl, but was it worth it.

"Only if you want" Keith said, shrugging.
"We can work in one of our dorm rooms, if you want? We don't really need a lot of space" He murmured, glancing at Kristen and nodding his head.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Kristen nodded with a deep breath. She tugged at the three-quater sleeves, wanting them to cover her whole arm but knowing they wouldn't. Her eyes fell on Keith for a moment and she smirked. "Keith can handle her because he likes her." she whispered. Pulling her hair from the ponytail it was almost always kept in, Kristen rubbed her sore scalp as her hair cascaded in waves to her shoulders.

She looked at Demitri, locking eyes with the vampire. "That is the ultimate question my friend." she said with a slow nod. "That is the big one that needs answering." Kristen grew silent again as her mind worked. After a while she rubbed her mouth as she smiled. "It's funny..." she chuckled. "I keep thinking about what Donny said yesterday..."

Alayna smiled, reaching into her pocket to pull out her room key. "I won't be locked out this time." she said, nodding to the door. "I want to get out of here."
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Demitri sighed.
"As long as Keith want's her around and cares for her, I'll do my best to protect her. I won't hurt Keith" Demitri said, glancing at Kristen. He wasn't particularly fond of Donny, or werewolves in general.
"Er, I don't pay attention to Donny" Demitri muttered, absentmindedly brushing his hand over a scar on his wrist. His chest, shoulders and back were covered in them. Kristen hadn't seen them before, but Keith knew what had happened.

"Alright, what room do you want to go to?" Keith asked her, smiling a bit. He glanced at Demitri and Kristen, wondering what they were talking about. Probably Alayna. He hoped not, both of them had some issues with humans, but he hoped that they wouldn't take it out on this particular human.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:52 pm

"As will I." Kristen said quietly. "And he knows that just as well." she leaned her head back in thought. She knew that Demitri was right; she shouldn't pay much attention to the werewolf. Yet his words had been buzzing around in her head endlessly. We're putting a group together...driving the humans out...

"I don't usually," Kristen said with a long exhale. She looked up in time to see Keith glance at them. They would probably be heading back to the dorms now that Alayna's training was over. She nodded back to Keith.

Alayna shrugged. "I don't care." She said honestly, walking over to the door. "So long as it's not here." she muttered more to herself than anything. As she opened the door, Alayna realized the gym was much more full of students now than it had been earlier. Anxiety shot threw her sharply, and her head pounded dangerously. She pushed herself out of the room though, holding her head after a while.

Blinking back a mirgane, Alayna tried to look around the gym. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. "Ow." she muttered, both hands holding her head. It felt like someone was trying to bash her head open. "Oh, Kieth we gotta get outta here." the words were somewhat slurred, as Alayna had let them all out on one breath.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:59 pm

Demitri nodded, shaking his head a bit. He shuddered for a moment, memories overwhelming him for a half a second. He sighed and glanced at Kristen.
"So what do you wanna do? We can hang out while they train. I don't really want to watch Keith and Alayna practice magic" He murmured, standing up and holding out a hand to her. Heedless he had left his shirt sleeve rolled up, revealing the long, painful looking scar.

Keith winced, his room was closer. Wrapping an arm around Alayna he helped her through the halls, wincing occasionally as someone smashed into his sore wings. Pulling his key from his pocket he fluidly unlocked the door, ushering her inside.
"Better?" He asked her, thankful the rooms were magic proof, so if someone happened to have an accident, rooms weren't destroyed or anything.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Kristen shrugged. "Anything's fine really." she said. She was about to take his hand and stand up when she noticed the scars. For a moment, horror and fear shot through her. Then worry, and concern. She grabbed his hand and half pulled his arm towards her. She moved the sleeve away to look at the scars better. Instantly, she knew how he must have got these. Kristen looked up at him with sympathy.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked quietly, letting go of his hand. Kristen stood up slowly, using the stands behind her as her mind swirled.

Alayna sighed deeply the moment they stepped from the gym. She continued to rub her temples as Keith steered her towards the rooms. She sat down on Kristen's bed again and nodded. The pain had completely disappered. "Yea. Much." she said, kicking her shoes off and crossing her legs. She rubbed her temple again for good measures. "That was weird..."
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Demitri sighed, "Don't particularly like talking about it" He murmured, glancing at her softly. He supposed he'd have to show her the rest.
"Come to my room, I'll show you" He murmured gesturing for her to follow him. He sighed, this was going to be a long, long day. He wasn't fond of telling this story, and the best way to do that was just to show her the injuries, so she could understand the extent of what had happened.

"Their are a lot of magical beings in this school. That, combined with the proximity of the walls, makes this place give off a very strong, magical atmosphere. You're extremely sensitive, so you would have felt that. The rooms, however are magic proof, in case of accidents, so in here you won't be affected unless magic is being preformed in the room" He expalined.
"That's why we'll practice in here"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1x1 with x_fire
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying :: 1x1-
Jump to: