Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

One on One with E.T.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

One on One with E.T. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Vera took a breath and took a step closer to K.J. Her eyes narrowed at his lack of response and her bottom lip puffed out slightly. She wasn’t as ruthless as the majority of their side of the island, but she did have to admit that she enjoyed this teasing to a certain degree.

“Why do this?” she asked inquisitively. Jetta’s assignment for her was to distract the prisoner and that was what she would do at all costs. Vera let a small smile inch its way onto her lips as she ran through different illusions in her mind. “I know you understand what’s going on. I know you can hear me. I know you must know what is coming. So why resist? It is taking so much out of you, you know… You are being physically affected by your mental focus. Why not just let go? Make it easier on yourself. End the struggle.”

Trinity smirked as Kia devoured her snack and she glanced around the kitchen in boredom. Admittedly, she wouldn’t deny a snack if one was presented to her, but she could last a bit longer. Her mind was focused on one thing and one thing only: Getting K.J. back to base safely. The rescue would be near to impossible and markedly far more dangerous than anything they’ve had to do in the past. She was genuinely nervous about this mission.

((lol it's a bit fluffy but it's the best I could do xD))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:00 pm

K.J. dared a smirk to play on his lips, and he would have scoffed at what the girl was saying, if it didn't take so much energy out of him. He wouldn't lie if someone asked; the battle with Jetta had taken it's toll on him. K.J. hated relying on his powers for anything, so he was deeply...out of shape would be one way to take it.
And now, he had to focus his energy into keeping out illusions. He wasn't sure if the girl would be merfciful or not, but either way, he did not want her in his head for any reason whatsoever.

Kia glanced up at Trinity for a moment as she ate her sandwhich.
"You aren't hungry?" she asked curiously. The morning had been rough for both of them, and now they were going into another battle. And this one, Kia wasn't too sure about the outcome. But like Trinity, Kia wasn't going to give up until K.J. was safe and back on base ground.
Kia glanced up as someone stumbled into the room, smirking when she saw Julia. The red-head looked a bit shooken up, green eyes wide and pale skin paler than usual.
"I just heard. K.J. was taken?!" she asked between breaths. "Are you guys going after him? How could they just take him like that?! What do they want with him anyway?"
"K.J.'s a valuable memeber of the base..." Kia murmured with a shrug, taking another bite out of her sandwhich and then putting the plate down. She couldn't stomach another bite with all the talk of her brother; she'd get sick.
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Vera smirked and shook her head before focusing on the task at hand. She took a moment to decide on her tactics and dove right in. She painted up a picture of K.J.’s base, planting his loved ones and companions all around; she used this as a test to see just how difficult it would be to penetrate his mind. Her brows furrowed but her smile stayed locked in place; he was giving her no quarter.

Trinity turned slightly towards Kia as her friend addressed her and shook her head. “I don’t really have much of an appetite…” she mumbled, picking up a fork lying on the counter and fiddling around with it. The corners of her lips twitched as Julie rushed in and rambled on about K.J. disappearance. Trinity’s grip on the fork tightened and she accidentally dug one of the prongs into her palm. She let out a hissed curse and dropped the utensil, bringing her hand to her mouth. She turned to face Julie, forcing her hand to her side and plastering as real as smile as she could muster.

“He’s very important, they are very sneaky and conniving, and K.J. will be back safely at the base before you know it.” She tried answering the girl’s questions as discreetly as she could without getting herself worked up. It barely worked.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:59 pm

K.J. nearly laughed. He could see the illusion she was trying to paint, and it was all to obivious and easy to block out. Seeing that she was going in that general direction helped a bit. He wasn't sure how long he'd be here, but it was already taking a tole on him with how much energy he was using to keep her at bay.
Then there was another person in the room...ah Adrean had returned to check up on him? How quaint...K.J.'s arms tightening agaisnt their restraints.
"How's he holding up?" Adrean murmured quietly, not wanting to disturb Vera if she was working on him. He was in full garb at the moment, black t-shirt, cargo tan pants and his favorite boots. He blew a darkening strand of red hair from his view and glanced up at K.J. He still couldn't believe it...part of him was starting to worry though. Kia should have showed up by now...

Julia looked at Trinity, wincing as the metal bended cut her hand on the fork. "Ow." she murmured. Kia glanced at Trinity and sighed, shaking her head.
"You should try to eat something. You'll need you strength soon." Kia murmured, the mirgane of a headache coming back, singling that so too would the rain.
"You're heading out to get him arent' you?" Julia asked.
"Not yet." Kia muttered distantly.
"I'm coming too. Words spreading fast, and I'm sure there are others that will want to help too after what that bitch did to the base." Julia said and Kia glanced at Trinity, silently stating that they wouldn't have any other choice but to accept the help.
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Vera’s head twitched to the side slightly as Adrean walked in. She didn’t dare release her illusion, not allowing K.J. an opportunity to contact his companions, but lessened her concentration s she could focus a bit on Adrean. The question he asked cause her head to shake.

“He’s still not letting me in.” she sighed, her tone admitting her frustration, though her voice quickly turned to awe. “He is remarkable. How he can focus all his energy on protecting himself instead of his sister and the other one…” She let out a sigh of mocking amazement. “He could be one of us…” Vera’s expression turned from joyous to agitated in a matter of seconds and then back again as she decided to make her illusion a bit less friendly. Her head turned slightly towards Adrean, making sure her eyes stayed locked on K.J. “You didn’t happen to see Jetta on your way here, did you?”

Trinity sighed at Kia, but obeyed her anyway. As she fixed herself a sandwich and cut it in half, she listened to Julia declare her assistance. Trinity sucked in a breath and her grip on the knife in her hand was so tight that it snapped the utensil in two. That was the last thing they needed: more casualties. She took a breath and thought through her next words carefully.

“Julia…that is very sweet and most appreciated. But I’m not so sure that would be the best thing to do…” She quickly glanced at Kia before continuing. “I understand you want to get revenge against Jetta and, believe me, so do I…but she is one of the most powerful people I know. And I wouldn’t feel right if something happened to you or anyone else because of her.” Trinity tried to keep her expression both grateful and foreboding. She really wished she and Kia could do this alone.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:49 am

Adrean chewed his lip as he listened to Vera. He smirked. "Do I detect a hint of admiration?" he taunted glanced back at K.J. He looked as taunt as knocked bow and Adrean wondered if the cell could actually hold him back.
"No, I didn't..." Adrean said. "Why? You need her?" he wondered, glancing away from K.J. to look back at Vera

Kia forced herself not to smirk. Trinity never wanted to insult others, no matter how serious the situation was. Whereas Kia would just full out say 'no', Trinity would be gentle about it.
"Trinity has a point." Kia murmured. "We can handle it ourselves."
Julia raised an eyebrow in silent question. "Your kidding right?" she asked. "I mean, did you see what she did to the base?! And you're going to take on their whole camp?"
Kia sighed deeply, rubbing her forehead gently. "Listen, Julia, I appreciate the help, but the less causalities the best. Once we get K.J. out, we'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Vera couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle. She had to admit that she found certain qualities of K.J.’s to be quite endearing. “Tell anyone and I’ll haunt you in your dreams.” She threatened almost playfully. When Adrean answered her question, her mouth twitched and she gently shook her head. “No, not at all…” she sighed, seemingly relieved. “I was just making sure she wasn’t checking up on me.”

After leaving Vera with K.J., Jetta set off on a mini-mission of her own. She was in search of Damien, who stormed off less than an hour ago. Her hand propped up against one of the numerous palm trees surrounding their base, she strummed her fingers on the trunk, carefully, though eagerly, scanning the crowd. Passersby offered their congratulations with a nod and Jetta offered her thanks with a quick smile. Normally, any form of admiration towards her would be accepted under all circumstances; however, Jetta’s mind was preoccupied at the moment. Her eyes lit up and her smile turned genuine as she spotted Damien in a similar position not 100 yards from her.

“Pondering ways to show your reverence towards me in manners I have not seen yet?” Jetta’s tone hinted at playfulness as she casually sauntered to the side of Damien. The boy remained statuesque, apart from rolling his eyes at the girl’s comment. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“Get over yourself, Jetta.” The comment rolled off a sharp tongue and Jetta’s expression faltered. Her lips parted, demonstrating the sting she felt from his words. She quickly gathered herself and resorted to her usual scowl; she hated him like this.

“What the hell is your problem?” she demanded, stepping in front of Damien, forcing him to look at her. And in his eyes, Jetta saw exactly what was wrong. Her own eyes fell with disappointment and began to water.

“Why, Damien? Why is everything always about her? What you eat, how you sleep, every step you take, everything you do is always because of her!” Jetta shouted until her voice began to crack and she could taste salt water in her mouth. She locked her eyes onto him with invisible hooks and watched his every feature. She saw his mouth twitch and the muscles in his neck tense as he took a deep breath. Jetta relaxed her body in defeat and shook her head slowly; she finally knew what it felt like when someone very special to one of their targets was taken away from them. She passed her hand over her face and wiped it dry before collecting herself and walking the same way she had come from.

Damien watched Jetta stalk off and scoffed, shifting to where his back was pressed up against the tree trunk. It was times like these when he seriously considered himself on the wrong team. He knew he was on the same side as Jetta and that, for the most part, he shared the same goals as the others; he aimed for power and control. But, he wasn’t so sure their methods of obtaining these goals were the best. Damien let out a low growl and kicked at the ground. He hated this constant frustration! There was no way in hell he could explain to anyone the connection he has to Trinity. He knew Jetta would never understand and was pretty sure not many others would, and he was in no mood to gamble with his life. Damien took a deep breath and glanced to the sky briefly before pushing himself off the tree and heading towards his quarters. The only beneficial option he had at the moment was to get some sleep.

Trinity glanced between Kia and Julia and could only nod. She bit back her tongue at Julia’s retaliation and sucked in a deep breath.

“Julia…” she said softly. “We can handle ourselves. We’ll be fine. Don’t worry. Just…let us do this…please.” Her jaw locked in her defiance and she lifted her head. She didn’t want to scream at Julia to leave them alone, but on the inside she raged furiously.

((hehe...I got just a little carried away xD))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:27 pm

{{O_O whoa....yea, you definatly got your swag back....um...I'll need a lil time for this one lmao}}
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:30 pm

((lol I understand xD Take all the time you need ^-^))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Adrean raised an eyebrow curiously. "Would Jetta have a reason to be checking up on you?" he asked curiously before glancing back at K.J. There was something about this guy that Adrean couldn't quite firgure out. He was powerful, Adrean had no doubt about that; espically if he was still resisting Vera's illusions, which Adrean knew were powerful stuff. It put into perspective Jetta's power as well since she managed to capture him...and if Kia was anything like her brother, Adrean could understand how difficult that was. The little bitch had a way of working out of every single one of his traps.

Snapping himself out of his reviene of thought, Adrean took a deep breath and ran his gloved hand through his hair. "Well, keep me posted. Though I doubt much will change." he murmured, thinking to leave Vera to her work and firgure out something to do. There was a storm coming, and he had no doubt it would be arriving soon.

Lila had watched from a safe distance now that her hearing was intune. Although the images of Jetta and Damien were slightly blurred from this perspective, she had no trouble whatsoever in hearing them with her back against a tree about thirty yards away. A smirk played on her pale lips. Tsk, tsk Jetta...she thought. Letting your emotions get the better of you like that. The smirk turned into a grin at the thought running through her mind as she heard Jetta stalk off, could faintily here the cackle of energy from the anger boiling in her.

Oh this was too sweet. And there was Damien, alone once more. She heard him sigh once before his footsteps took off in the other direction back towards the base. Hmm, interesting indeed. Lila tapped her cheek thoughtfully for a moment before shaking her head. Not yet...not quite.
The rumble of thunder pounded her ear drums, and Lila winced, holding her head for a moment and rubbing her ear. Damn hearing...oh, shit, Jetta was coming...

"Jetta?" Lila called, faking that she was blind for the moment, knowing her eyes were the creamy white of her near sighted-vision. "Is that you?" she asked quietly, standing up slowly. Jetta knew of her abilities, and how her senses would come and go and their lesiure.
"I can't see a thing...where are you?"

Kia glanced at Trinity for a split second before looking back at Juilia with a level gazed that simply said Kia was sided with Trinity.
"You're needed here." Kia said softly when Julia's shoulder's slumped in defeat.
"Yea. Sure." Julia murmured before shaking her head. "Just be careful." she muttered before turning and leaving.
Kia rubbed her neck and heaved a heavy sigh, cranning her neck up to the ceiling. She opened her eyes and winced at the light rain that started to fall on the roof. Glancing at Trinity, Kia gave her friend a wiry smirk.
"Time to go?" she asked, pushing herself off the counter listessly. For all that she wanted to save her brother and ring Jetta's neck for taking him in the first place...Kia felt drained. Hopefully once Kia stepped into the rain, she would get the usual energy boost and be fine.
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Vera disregarded Adrean’s question and narrowed her eyes further, focusing harder on her illusion. She opted to go for a more sinister approach since gentle illusions were having no effect. She tried to imagine the absolute hopelessness and sheer pain she would feel if someone dear to her was killed right before her eyes and projected that towards K.J. Vera let out a hushed gasp as she felt an actual tear fall from the corner of her eye. She quickly wiped it away and cleared her throat, her eyes narrowing harder as she focused on her task. It was her vulnerability that she wanted to hide. She was already at a disadvantage because of her less-than-fierce disposition; she didn’t want the camp to have another reason for alienating her.

Jetta mumbled harshly to herself as she walked away, tripping over blades of grass. Her mind felt clouded and her body heavy. She hated herself for losing control, she hated Damien for not letting go, she hated Trinity for being who she was, she hated everyone. However, her loathsome thoughts were interrupted as she heard her name being called. Her red eyes glanced around the area until she found Lila groping about the air. Jetta took a breath and cleared her throat, walking up slowly to the girl.

“Lila…I’m right here…” she muttered, positioning herself in front of the girl. She wondered for a moment if her little tantrum went unnoticed by Lila, but quickly dismissed the agitating thought.

Trinity forced a half-hearted smile and glanced to Kia, nodding. She was determined to leave as soon as possible, and hoped their return would be as quick. She took one quick glance around the room before inhaling deeply and setting off outside.

“I really hope this will be quick and painless on our end…” she muttered, trying to keep demoralizing thoughts out of her head.

((^-^ I tried xD))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:14 pm

K.J. sucked in a shallow breath. He wasn't premitting the images she was sending him, but he could do nothing about the passion behind the illusions. He could sense her distress. He could sense the pain and agnoy of the image she was trying to project. She was thinking about it as hard as he was trying to keep it out. But K.J. couldn't fully ignore the thoughts of others he could regrettably hear clear as his own. The passion sent one word through his mind.
Death.
She was trying to force a picture of death into his vision. The illusion had to do with someone sincere, hence the agnoy and the pain. Kia and Trinity flashed into his mind. K.J. tried not to flinch. That picture came from his own mind. Not hers. Neither of which would be real. Taking a deep breath, K.J. did his best to slam the door on her offenses.

Lila didn't miss the dejected tone in Jetta's voice as she grabbed her friends arm. She smiled, glad to have some bearings now that her sight really was gone, leaving her practically blind. She could barely see her blurry nose in front of her face.
"Damn these senses." she muttered quietly. "They have the worse timing." she sighed then frowned, turning her head slightly.
"You're upset." Lila said plainly. "What happened?" she asked innocently, though she had heard the whole argument between her friends.
"Wait, maybe we should go inside. There's rain coming." Lila said, pointing in the direction she could hear soft raining falling against the leaves of the trees.

Kia sighed as they stepped outside. For a while, she stood still, letting the light rain pound on her. It felt good, like a refreshing shower after a long tireing day. Flexing her fingers, Kia rubbed her neck before looking back at Trinity with sharp hazel eyes.
"You don't have to come with me you know." she said softly, knowing this "mission" wasn't authorized and the odds were pretty stacked up high against them.
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:44 pm

The corner of Vera’s eye twitched and she actually had to take a step back as her head was hit with the pressure of K.J. resisting her. Her vision became blurry with tears from the astounding force the pressure had hit her and she stood down. Her eyes closed for a long minute and she gently shook her head. When her eyes opened again, they were the dark blue of defeat. Instead of becoming angry with the less-than-satisfactory result, Vera smiled.

“Remarkable, I must say…” she praised, her expression showing nothing less than admiration. She took cautious steps forward, stopping just before the glass. Her eyes, sharp with intent, scanned K.J. once more and her body grew rigid with focus. She reevaluated him in her mind. “Very impressive…”

Jetta flinched slightly as Lila grabbed onto her. Her body stiffened at the girl’s question and Jetta sharply turned her head to the side, focusing on the wind blowing the trees.

“Nothing. Just a misunderstanding, I suppose…” she muttered, forcing her voice to sound indifferent. She despised being viewed as weak, and her emotional outburst, in her mind, was the epitome of weakness.
Her eyes traveled upwards to the sky, watching the dark gray clouds roll in as if they were charging. She nodded, then verbalized the gesture, remembering her friend’s impaired state. Jetta steered Lila quickly towards a nearby building to get out of the way of the impending weather.

Trinity’s head snapped sharply to the side at Kia’s comment and her voice came strong and determined.

“Like hell I’m staying.” She knew very well of the consequences of acting without official orders and, frankly, she couldn’t care less. Her main goal was getting K.J. back to base safely and, hopefully, inflicting as much damage to the other base and those apart of it as possible. “I have my own score to settle with them.”
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:28 pm

K.J. took another deep breath and tested the chains once by tensing his arms. Whatever steel these chains were made of...they were enchanted with something...his powers weren't working on them...that or he was just too week. Maybe he could work the lock...trick the irons to think the key was being incerted...that would take his mind off of Vera's efforts. Should she try again, that part of his mind would be void for now, since all his efforts were turned towards the locks around his wrists. If he could just get his hands free...

"Oh..." Lila said, letting Jetta steer here inside She could tell they were within the sound walls by hearing the doors open and then close behind them. She could hear Jetta walking beside her and could feel the heat of her tempermental power cackling between them.
"You do realize we are still human, for all the power we posses." Lila said softly as they walked down one of the hallways. Which one, Lila wasn't sure, though she hoped Jetta knew where she was going.

Kia linked her hands behind her head as she set her gaze out towards the forest they would have to go through to get to the other base. Kia took a deep breath of the moist air and let the breath out slowly. Thunder rolled in the distance. Kia smirked, slightly encouraged by her friends thick-headness.
"I guess I was momentairly confused as to whom I was speaking." Kia murmured with a chuckled. She shifted her weight from foot to foot before looking back at Trinity.
"Race you to the otherside." she said with a grin before taking off.
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Vera’s eyes widened as she watched K.J. tense his arms. Her curiosity was ignited immediately. Her mind quickly created a list of possible scenarios. She followed his muscle movements as they contracted. She noted the focus in his expression and took a breath. This may be one of her last chances. The color in her eyes quickly drained and she projected quick flashes of torturous events into his mind.

Jetta closed her eyes and slowed her pace in am attempt to control her self. Her insides still ached from the sting of rejection. Jetta steered Lila to the side so she could lean against the wall. Inhale after inhale she took and still she couldn’t seem to collect her thoughts; how was she supposed to control her emotions if she couldn’t even decipher them? Lila’s statement did nothing to ease her stress, which she assumed to be the main goal.

“Then what good is power if, no matter how we try, we are not superior? Humanity means emotional turmoil. Emotions are the route to weakness. None can afford to be weak.” Her voice was barely recognizable even to her. The raspy sound of her throat was indicative of the choking back of tears. She swallowed hard and took another breath, determined to not explode in a fit of instability and destroy their base.

Trinity couldn’t help the smirk taking over her lips. Her eyes eagerly followed Kia’s shrinking figure. She tossed her hair out of her eyes and dug her heels into the ground, darting after her friend. Her ‘joy’ was prompted by determination and slight desperation as her mind focused on the other base. She allowed herself to indulge in a few fantasies of what they might do to Jetta once they find her as she kept in time with Kia.

‘We’re coming, K.J. We’re coming.’
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:44 pm

K.J. winced inwardly. His mind may not be focused, but the visions she was projecting were effecting him emotionally since he wasn't focusing on completely ignoring them. He felt pain, agony, a deep bone grinding agony, and his consentration on the lock faltered. He gritted his teeth as he pushed back at Vera, forcing the haunting thoughts and suspiscious from his mind.
"Stay out." K.J. muttered, letting out a harsh breath as well.

"Ah, but see, you have surpressed your emotions instead of confronting them." Lila said. "Were you to confront what you are feeling, and accept them for what they are, they would not have anywhere near a domanence over you." she explained. "Emotions strive for acceptance, and until we accept them, they will continue to haunt and fight for control. You must prove yourself the stronger, by allowing yourself to understand what you're feeling...which at the moment sounds like anger and frustration, not uncommon." Lila added with a soft shrug.

Kia stopped before they were in visual sight of the other base. She slunked close to a tree and waved Trinity over. The rain was starting to fall heavily here, and Kia was getting twitchy. It happened on occasions; the rain made her restless.
"Any idea where they might be holding him?" Kia murmured softly as her eyes darted between the buildings of the base.
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:52 pm

((hehe ^-^))

Vera couldn’t help the smile that broke across her lips. She had finally made progress. She flexed her fingers at her side and remained grinning. The only reason she was on opposing sides as K.J. was because of this little quirk: she enjoyed control and power over others. Her blank eyes twinkled as she held on to his words.

“You know I can’t do that…” she admitted, not meaning for her voice to sound as malicious as it did. The corners of her eyes twitched as she focused on both what she was seeing in her mind and what she was seeing right in front of her; both images sent thrilled chills rolling throughout her body. Finally, her projections were making an impact.

Jetta’s head snapped away from Lila out of more frustration. Her instinct was to argue against Lila’s claims, but she knew her friend was right. The thought of actually sitting down with herself and thinking about what she was feeling sent uncomfortable goose-bumps up and down her arms and she quickly dismissed the thought. Perhaps she could try some other time, but the rain was making it hard for her to focus on anything that deep. She finally let out a sigh after a long moment of her mind silently waging war with itself and turned back to Lila.

“Right…” she muttered and, not wanting to say anything further, made mention of how hard the rain was coming down.

Trinity slowed to a halt next to Kia and leaned against the tree’s trunk. She attempted to take deep breaths, but each came with a mouthful of water. Her eyes followed the unorganized pattern of Kia’s and she shrugged. Truth be told, she had absolutely no idea where to start; the thought of actually having a plan before they attacked never really entered her mind. But just then a figure appeared in her distant sights and brought a potential answer.

The rain continuously pounding away at the roof and window eluded sleep from him for long. Damien groaned under his breath and hoisted himself up, glancing over at his clock. He had been staring up at his ceiling for little over half an hour now; he figured it was time to get up. The sudden rush of blood from his brain caused his vision to blur and he had to spend a few seconds to readjust his eyes. It was then, in those few still moments that he felt it. There was something in the air that didn’t feel right. He was uneasy, anxious, with no explanation at hand. His brows knit together in confusion as she sat on his bed, trying to figure out what was going on.

Thinking it the best thing to do to calm his nerves, Damien decided to go for a small walk around the base. He walked briskly down the hall and opened the doors that would lead him outside. He stared out across from him, watching the rain beat down against the ground. He let out a succession of sighs in an attempt to ease the stress he was suddenly feeling.

Trinity’s eyes widened as she saw Damien’s silhouette in the distance. She took a breath, which also filled her lungs with hope, as she dashed forward towards him. He was sure to know where K.J. was being held and she would make sure she got it out of him.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:17 pm

K.J. cursed himself. Why had he uttered those words? She was sure to have heard him as clear as day since he had projected the thought towards her simultaneously. Taking a deep breath, K.J. clenched his hands into fists as the white aura of his power hummed about his fingertips. He couldn't let her visions effect him. As soon as he snapped, there would be no hope.
A knot twisted in his gut and his eyes shot open for the first time since his imprisonment. It wasn't from Vera visions, on the contrary, he sensed someone on the grounds who shouldn't under any circumstances, be anywhere near this place. K.J. starred distantly at the floor, all his attention pooled to stretching his power as far as he could reach. In his present state, that wasn't farther then the building. But she was here...he knew it...just out of his reach...what was she doing?!

Lila sighed deeply, sensing through the tone in her friends voice, that this was a subject best saved for better circumstances. Closing her eyes, Lila took a deep breath before opening them again.
"What a relief." Lila murmured, her eyesight slowly returning to her. Blinking a few more times, Lila could see twenty twenty once more, and the pounding sound of the rain wasn't a bass drum banging near her ear drums.
She rubbed her ears gently before looking around the hallway they were still standing it. It was getting close to night fall...that or there was a heavy storm outside.
"It's early in the year for the heavy rains..." Lila murmured, glancing at Jetta, who was, indeed, extreme upset.
"I suppose now wouldn't be the best time to inquire upon the incident." Lila muttered, light brown eyes blinking in mild curiosity.

Kia's eyes followed Trinity's and a vindictive smirk played onto her features. "That'll work." she agreed, bolting after Trinity effortlessly. The rain was something of empowerment for Kia; she could run faster, move swifter, and the world was her weapon. As they got closer to Damien, Kia reached out as if to grab the water. Sending her power out, the water conformed to her will, forming thick, sharp icicles in her hands.
"I'll cover his other side." she murmured to Trinity, running towards, and up the nearest tree. One could always rely on the tall oaks that were grown closely together. While Trinity faced Damien, Kia jumped down behind him to prevent him from leaving in any direction.
"Long time no see." She said, spinning the dagger like icicle in her hand once with an almost sardonic smirk on her face.
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Confusion struck Vera hard. Something had disturbed K.J., she could see it on his face, but it wasn’t by Vera’s doing. Her focus wavered as she tried to figure out what could have caused this. Was it a sound that had startled him? No, she didn’t recall hearing even her own breathing. Was someone next to her? Her eyes glanced around her and she concluded that they were alone still. Her brows furrowed as she displayed her own shock. Vera sighed and hardened her gaze.

“What is it that startles you?” she asked, knowing full-well he wouldn’t answer.

Jetta watched Lila adjust to regaining her vision. She no longer felt responsible for her friend and was relieved. Her eyes followed Lila’s down the hall and she rubbed her arms. Her torso tensed up; it was getting dark far too early. There was something unsettling about this phenomenon and she didn’t overlook to fact that it was raining. She glanced towards Lila and slowly nodded her head, only partly paying attention to what she was saying. There was something going on that she did not know about and that made her uneasy.

Trinity’s feet took her directly in front of Damien and she smiled out of satisfaction as she caught him by surprise. Her hands fell to her hips and her fingers drummed on the hilts of her daggers. She stared at him hard, making sure to convey her intentions through her gaze. His subsequently relaxed demeanor ignited her frustration further.

Damien astonishment was genuine as Trinity and Kia’s presence was one of the last things he expected. He quickly composed himself, however, as he saw Trinity’s joy from startling him. He cleared his throat and glanced back at Kia, offering the two a nod in greetings.

“And to what do I owe the pleasure?” he asked, staring at Trinity and matching the intensity of her gaze. She did not take kindly to this as she retorted, taking a step towards him.

“Save it, Damien.” Her voice left no trace of friendliness and Damien inhaled deeply; this would almost be painful. “We know you have K.J. here, now where is he?” Trinity’s voice rang over the powerful roar of thunder and she grew even more agitated as Damien didn’t even blink.

“That wasn’t my job.” He stated simply, holding his hands up in the air. Trinity didn’t take too kindly to this either. Swift as the bolt of lightning that cut through the sky, her dagger was pressed against his neck. She rested her hand on his chest for leverage and he glanced down to see her fingers wrapped tightly around the hilt; she intended on causing damage.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:20 pm

K.J., of course, heard Vera's words. He specifically choose to ignore them. There were more pressing issues at hand right now. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, hoping the lack of one sense could help him strength his mental reach. After the fight with Jetta, K.J. had been closed to drained which happened on only a few rare occasions. The extra breath helped his stretch his reach just that bit farther. He had to reach her...

K.J. forced himself not to grit his teeth. They were both here?! Letting out an angry breath, K.J. had only enough strength to send his emotions along the strained connection he had with the two girls on this enemy base. After that, K.J. slowly lost consciouness.

Lila looked at Jetta and simply shrugged. "Got to your room, get some rest, and as ironic as this is going to sound, try to relax." she said, putting a hand on her friends shoulder in a rare jesture of compainonship.
"You've had a long day." Lila said with a smile before turning down the hallway and heading towards her own room.

Kia rolled her eyes. Dramatics. "Look Damien, cut the crap." Kia said, walking around to face him. In this weather, even if Damien broke away from Trinity, he wouldn't get very far.
"You know my brother is here, and I'm only going to ask you again where he is. I can't account for what will happen if you don't tell us. Preferably soon." Kia said with a soft smirk. She folded her arms over her chest, waiting somewhat patiently as she stared expecentantly at Damien. She was about to open her mouth and speak again when it hit her.

The blow made contact, though there was no physical form to account for it. Kia was overwhelmed nearly instantly, and it took all of her self control not to simply fall over and clutch her stomach. Her whole body ached; dread over took the pain, then anger, and frustration...at herself?! Kia blinked and looked up at Trinity. Had she felt that too? It could have only come from one person. Taking a deep breath to better compose herself, Kia looked up at the building they were behind. No...he was on the bother side of the base...if he had been close, that blow would have been ten times worse.
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Vera’s mouth hung agape as a series of mixed emotions rushed through her mind and then…nothing. The color returned in her eyes as K.J. passed out. She didn’t quite know what to make of this. He was obviously trying to warn someone, but everything happened so quickly, so ferociously that she couldn’t keep track. Vera hobbled to a nearby chair as her legs had also felt the effects. She leaned her head back against the wall and took a series of deep breaths, trying to make sense of it all.

Jetta sighed and nodded almost reluctantly at Lila. “Yea…” she muttered, finally taking a good look at where they were. Surprisingly, her room was just down the hall. She let out another sigh and smiled softly to her friend, carefully making her way towards her door. Once safely inside her room, Jetta collapsed inwardly. She felt every emotion there was to feel and a few that haven’t even been discovered yet. Her chest felt like it was about to cave in, her heart had dropped into her stomach, and her legs were rendered useless. She was confused. This shouldn’t hurt so much; it shouldn’t affect her to such a degree. She wanted to cry, she wanted to scream, she wanted to hug someone. Jetta attributed this medley to a broken heart, but she still felt unsettled, like there was something bigger at work here.

The amount of pressure that hit Trinity at that precise moment made her want to collapse. Dagger dropping to the ground, her jaw clenched, her muscles tensed, as she braced herself. What in the world-? The emotions that were not her own forced her to the brink of tears. She didn’t understand where this pessimism and irritation came from. Trinity squeezed her eyes shut, forcing the tears to blend with the rain on her cheeks, before glancing over at Kia. And then she knew. She forgot about the pain, she forgot about the anger. Her head turned this way and that, her eyes searched desperately through the thick curtain of rain. Where could he be?!

With quick reflexes and knowledgeable movements, Trinity pulled the dagger off the ground and thrust it under Damien’s jaw, the blade testing the tension of his skin.

“For the love of God, Damien, tell me where his is or I swear I will lop off one insignificant limb after the next.” She dug her fingers into his collar bone and bore her eyes into his. Any sort of joviality she had burned away as she pressed the blade closer into his jugular.

Damien’s nonchalant expression turned to that of almost apology. He sucked in a breath as he felt the dagger push dangerously against his skin. He tensed at the look in Trinity’s eyes and understood that she would stop at nothing-quite literally nothing- until she found K.J. alive and well. His heart sank as he wished she held that same fierce determination for him and he gave up.

“If you weren’t preoccupied with fantasies of dismembering me, you would realize that you aren’t but a few hundred yards from where he is.” Damien’s voice reflected his defeat as he lifted a limp hand, pointing in a direction blurred by the rain. Trinity almost yelped out of joy as she finally got an answer. She wasted no time following Damien’s hand, pausing only to glance back at Kia. She could almost taste success in their ‘mission.’
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Kia's eyes darted from Damien to Trinity. Seeing the hardh set of Trinity's expression falter, Kia knew that she was not alone; her friend had felt the emotions as well. K.J. was definatly close. What scared Kia at the moment, was how sudden and quick the blast had struck with. Now, there was nothing. Kia was back to herself and her own feelings. Taking a deep breath, Kia looked back at Damien with expectancy; he would tell them where K.J. was.

And when he did, Kia grinned. Trinity released him instantly. Kia chewed her lip in consentration as she raised her arms, binding Damien in old ice. Trinity may have some trust for the boy, but Kia had not a cent. She even made sure as to freeze his lips shut.
"Sorry, can't have you blabbing that we're here. Just good business you know." Kia said, probbing Damien against the wall of a building so he wouldn't be seen outright. "You'll thaw out once the rain is over." she muttered before hurring after Trinity.

"That was a little too easy." Kia murmured. "Lucky we ran into Damien." she said, keeping pace with Trinity easily in the rain as they ran to the end of one large building and was met with a courtyard leading to half a dozen others. Kia's lips tightened in frustration. Great...which building? A flash of sudden red in the sea of green and gray, Kia grabbed Trinity's arm and pulled her friend against the side of the building.

Adrean was walking along a path, heading to one of the buildings. He didn't seem to care that it was pouring down rain, or even that he was consequently soaked through and through. Kia watched his movements as he went from one building to the next. She narrowed her eyes, watching as the door opened. In that glimps she could see there was some kind of facicilty in that building....
"I think he's in there..." Kia murmured, pointing out the building she'd seen Adrean walk into. "Only problem is, we'll have company..."

"Something wrong Vera?" Adrean asked, brushing his wet hair from his eyes as he glanced over the girl. She looked thoroughly exhausted where she sat. His eyes darted from her, to the strong glass behind which was their prized captive. Kia had waited longer than Adrean had expected; she should have been here and back before the storm came. Everyone knew it was half suicide to travel across the island in the storms.
"He's out cold." Adrean observed with a small smirk. "I guess the strongest fall the hardest huh?"
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Vera’s body convulsed as Adrean’s appearance startled her. She let out a long sigh and returned to her laid back position in her seat. His initial question bothered her. Yes, there was something wrong, but she didn’t know what. No, that wasn’t true. She had some sort of idea as to what it could be, but it was a hunch that was unsettling. Vera ran her fingers through her hair, forgetting she had it up in a ponytail and let out another sigh.

“Nothing’s wrong, per se…just strange.” She muttered, pushing herself up and walking towards Adrean. She hated not knowing something for absolute certainty, but she hated having a guess even more.
“You didn’t happen to see anything out of the ordinary on your way here, did you?”

Trinity nodded to Kia and kept her focus on whatever was in front of her. She realized, as they came to a section of the camp housing multiple buildings, that maybe she should have asked for more specific directions. She cursed her impulsive tendencies and was about to make her frustration known when Kia pulled her to the side. Trinity’s gaze followed her friend’s and her eyes widened at the sight. Her heart gave a leap and she nodded. K.J. was definitely in that building. Her brow’s knit together as she assessed their situation. It was true, they wouldn’t just be able to walk in there and bring K.J. out; there was no way he was going to be alone. Her shoulders sunk with the weight of her no discouraged heart. Perhaps some sort of plan would have been beneficial.

Dispiriting thoughts entered her mind and Trinity was momentarily ready to give up. She glanced over at Kia with heavy eyes. They hadn’t come all the way here, willingly to their enemy base, acting on their own accord, threatening dangerous people, and risking their own lives to not save K.J. She took a deep breath and pushed her wet hair out of her face. It is now or never, this is the do or die moment.

“Are you ready?” she asked, her voice stronger than she intended. These people were not going to win, not like this.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Adrean tilted his head curiously as he looked over K.J. They guy was literetly out cold. Sighing, Adrean turned his gaze onto Vera once more. He tried not to let a frown take over his expression as he listened to her.
"How strange?" he asked however her question was much more puzzleling. Adrean couldn't help but look a little surprised.
"Other than the fact that monsoon season has been pushed up to today, no I didn't." he was quiet for sometime after that, looking at K.J., but distantly not seeing him.
"Why should things be out of the ordinary?" He asked finally, taking a deep breath as he came back to this current reality.

Kia chewed her lip as she stared at the building. The rain would come down no harder...She took a deep breath and flexed her fingers at her side. They had to go in now, guns ablazing and hope for the best. There was virtually no one else outside on base due to the rain. It was now or never.

Looking at Trinity, Kia was hardly surprised to see that her friend was thinking along the same trail. Kia smirked to lighten the serious mood and nodded.
"As ready as I'll ever be." Kia said, willing the rain water running down her arms to join together. The water incased her arm in a serious of arm bands that she could later use for any purpose. Nodding to her friend, Kia took one last breath and bolted across the yard for the building.
Back to top Go down
etrnlpirate
Verifier
etrnlpirate

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Vera turned away from K.J., pacing to the wall and back. She had no idea how to explain what had just unfolded to Adrean when she, herself, did not understand. She took a breath and stood with her hand pressed against the glass. Her eyes narrowed as she studied K.J.’s limp form for a long while before daring to look back at Adrean.

“I didn’t do that to him.” It was hard hearing that out loud. “He did that by himself. And just before he passed out…he sent someone a warning, I think.” Her eyebrows knit together as she tried to make sense of what she was saying. Her eyes darted back to the figure behind the glass with a fierce gaze. “You don’t suppose…Kia and Trinity are already here…do you?” she asked, her tone of voice betraying the anxiety she felt inwardly.

Trinity watched her friend closely, knowing that she would agree. She brought her hand to each of her daggers, making sure all four were secured and accounted for. Her fingers twitched at her side as she watched the intended building. Knees bent, Trinity glanced back at Kia, waiting for a cue. Deep breaths, besides bringing much needed air, brought new waves of energy and anxiety. She couldn’t wait to get this done and over with and to return back to their base safely.
As soon as Kia took off, Trinity’s pent up energy released as she followed close behind, trying and failing at coming up with some sort of plan before they just barged blindly into the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One on One with E.T.   One on One with E.T. - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One on One with E.T.
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying :: 1x1-
Jump to: