Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Living Up To Standards

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Living Up To Standards - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:08 pm

OOC: Er, well, Keefer could technically be anywhere, so I'm up for joining them together. I dunno how though, soccer ball to someone's head -shifty eyes-
Back to top Go down
http://lonevega.webs.com/
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Ooc: haha nice, well Corey's at a rundown motel outside of some city lol, and Yours and vamps charrie are both outside. I guess I could have Corey go for a walk or something and our charries meet up somewhere outside =P

Last edited by Movie on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mythodreas.com/profiles.php?user=movie
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:44 pm

OOC: Sure =]
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:29 pm

OoC: It would be Keller's luck for her to get hit in the head with a soccer ball. But I'll just go with the flow of what you guys write.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:00 pm

ooc: okiepay...I guess I'll try this out, just tell me to toss it out the window if you don't like it XD

bic:
Seeing as this place was completely opposite my time, I was wide awake considering it was the death of night. I set my guitar on the bed, my bag on the nearest chair, and opened it up. I took my jacket out of it, slipping it on, and walking over to the nearest mirror. I haven't looked at myself in a couple of days, so it couldn't hurt to.
I still had my same brown hair, eyes, and pale skin. The only thing different was that my hair was messier than usual, I usually have it combed so I look a little more presentable, but whatever. I still had on my slightly baggy dark blue jeans, long-sleeved off-blue shirt, and black jacket over that. Normal, for me at least.
Now that I'm done with that, I'm off. I put my motel key in my pocket, and walked out of my room. It wouldn't hurt to have a walk for a while, it's not like I was going to sleep anyway.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:04 pm

Drat, drat, drat, I cursed, shaking my long, shaggy blonde hair. Bored, I couldn't hide out in this damn forest much longer. Walking, I found myself on the road, skate shoes pounding the pavement, my cleats tied over my shoulder, hanging against my sweat soaked body. My ball bounced aimlessly by my feet, the occasional kick keeping it going. Pausing, I noticed some guy up ahead, frowning, he looked as lost as I felt, though, I really had no desire to socailize. But my soccer ball appeared to have different ideas, to my chargin, it bounced off, rolling away from me, heading towards the lost looking guy.
"Hey, sorry" I called, jogging down the small stretch between us, feeling like such an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:06 pm

I had been walking all night. I was exhausted, turns out there was a small town between my starting place and Frankfort. I could see the buildings up ahead and I saw two guys on the road, one had a soccer ball and was apologizing to the first guy. I was just close enough to hear, but in the night I wasn't sure if they could see me. I sighed and rolled her shoulders. I was on the opposite side of the road from them, so I crossed over quickly, wanting to ask how far away Frankfort was now. I still was a few good meters from them and, just my luck, my Converse decided to come untied at that moment. I bent down and tied it. I had always hated tying my shoes, so I huffed as I tied it, trying to work quickly, but it was hard with my extremely clumsy fingers. I grumbled a string of curse words under my breath as I fixed my other shoe. I sighed finally, standing, and checking my surroundings, I was surrounded by woods. I rolled my eyes, adjusted the medium sized black backpack between my shoulders, and then started walking again.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:47 pm

It was really dark on the road, gave me the creeps. I shivered, looking down momentarily to make sure my key was still in my pocket just as I felt for it. Thank heaven it still was, but apparently I had looked down just long enough to miss seeing another guy on the road. What was someone else doing out so late?
I looked back up in time to see him running towards me for his futbol and saying sorry at the same time. I shrugged saying back, "It's no problem mate." I stopped the ball, standing suddenly still, wondering what to do. I'd never talked to someone the whole time I was here other than that rude police officer and the old motel owner. I didn't think they really counted. So I might as well start up some conversation, "Name's Corey by the way. If you don't mind me asking, why are you out so late?"
It made me feel a little uncomfertable asking, but if it's not like I could think of anything else to do. As I was looking around, that's when I noticed another person here. A girl. She wasn't really in my sight of view yet, so I didn't mention it. But I do need to keep my eye on her at least, it's not like it was really safe to be out this late and not knowing anywhere to go. Boy, how much of a twit was I to just decide to run away? Let along move over-seas. I'm not gonna last here very long with the way things are going for me.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:52 pm

I paused, smiling lazily at the guy, "Keefer, but I prefer Keef" I responded, brushing a hand through my hair before snagging up my ball. I frowned, listening to the guy, Corey, ask me a question.
"Honestly? I took off, decided I didn't want to live at home anymore" I shrugged, he had an accent, British by the sound of it. A small sigh escaped my lips, I didn't really want to blurt my life story out, but well, I was starved for attention, someone to talk to, listen to me blather on and on about my stupid problems.
"What about you? You don't sound like you're really from around here" I stated calmly, wondering if maybe he was here on vacation. Though who honestly would come here for vacation? I glanced over my shoulder, seeing the girl walking closer to us, slowly. I shrugged, not to worried about it, I could out run the cops if I needed to.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:59 pm

"Same reason as you," I started off, "I was a total git to run off though. I mean going here and all, I'm pretty much out of money." I couldn't believe I was telling him all this, but he was in the same situation, and it was obvious that I wasn't around from here. I was beginning to wonder why he ran away too, it couldn't be for the same reason as I did, it sounded like most people didn't have the same problem as I do. I shrugged my shoulders again, a lot on my mind for one night. It really made me want to play my guitar, write a song, something, I wasn't sure though.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:05 pm

I frowned, "Really? Well" I checked my wallet, I had close to two hundred dollars cash, and a bank card, plus I had just gotten paid from work, and that was in my account.
"I have cash" I had no idea why I was saying this, but well, maybe us runaways had to stick together.
"Do-Do you wanna hang out or something? I mean, you have no cash, and I have no friends. It would be a good combo" I smiled wryly, it was a bad, bad joke, but hopefully it made sense. I bounced the ball with my foot, balancing in precariously, before switching it up. It was habit, something I felt compelled to do.
"Sorry" I smiled sheepishly, letting the ball hit the ground and covering it with my foot to keep it still.
"I tend to play soccer when I'm stressed. I'm a, god this is gonna sound so stupid, but I really gotta tell someone. I'm like the re-incarnation of some dead, famous soccer player"
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:17 pm

I laughed slightly at the first comment, "Yah, we'd make a good duo mate. I have a motel room back a ways if you wanna stay. I don't know how far my thirty Euros will go with it though." I didn't want to mention using his money for now, it made me feel terrible. I was in a perfect mood again, until I noticed him playing with his futbol and the comment that followed. It left me practically in total awe. No wonder why he had run away too! This was a really weird thing to have us both going through the same problem. I guess I should tell him too. I started off as, "Really? I mean, I'm having the same problem. I'm some reincarnation of a musician."
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:22 pm

I gaped, staring at Corey, what the hell?
"Dude, I think we're going to make good friends. I'd love to stay" I said, breaking into a huge grin. This was going to work out nicely. I glanced up at the girl, she was edging a bit closer, I wondered if she'd overheard, and thought we were crazy. I sighed, "Well? I'm pretty sure Euros are worth more then dollars, so it should be good" I shrugged, I really had no idea, but that was something someone, maybe my wanna-be European younger sister. Yea, she sort of fancied herself as some fancy french artist, or something. Honestly, I cannot count the number of times I came home to a phony accent, baret and a paint easle, set up, get this, in my bedroom 'cause it has the best view'.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:25 pm

ooc: I think I might wait for Vamp, I don't wanna leave her in the dust XD
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:36 pm

I didn't want to interupt their conversation, because they seemed to be getting along pretty well. I winced, approaching as slowly as possible. My long, mid-back length blonde hair swung around my arms dangerously as the wind blew, whipping my arms with the hairs. I blew my bangs from my face and pushed my hair behind my shoulders. My bangs hung just above my eyes. I sighed and shook my head. I had always hated it when people had interrupted my conversations, especially if I was enjoying them. However, I really needed to ask them how far away Frankfort was. I blew my bangs from my face again and approached them slowly, waiting until they both pasued. "Excuse me?" I said quietly as I finally got clpose enough to see both of their facial features.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:38 pm

"Sweet," I said smiling as well. This was going to go through well if we got to meet eachother more. That means I'd have someone to talk to about it for once. I noticed the girl was close now, I could see her hair was blonde now, and that's when she talked. I smiled over at her, seeing that she was uncomfertable. Why not? I was in a good mood now anyways. I then said, "Yah mate?" I was hoping whatever she asked Keef would be able to answer, it's not like I knew anything about this place other than what I'd seen, and that wasn't much. I shifted my weight from my right leg to my left, it was beginning to fall asleep. I pushed my hair out of my face, the bangs were fairly long, but thats how I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:51 pm

I hesitated. They were both cute, for guys I had never seen before. I cracked a smile smile when the first guy, whom had an thick accent, spoke, then it vanished. "I was wondering, do either of you know how far away Frankfort is?" I asked. Instantly after, I felt stupid for asking. I was uncomfortable and that was unusual for me. I swallowed and looked between them both. I felt like an idiot, but I stayed where I was, not wanting to feel anymore like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:00 pm

I glanced at the girl, smiling a bit, she looked freaked, though, it was dark and she was appraoching to random guys on a street corner, so, she did have permission to be freaked. I glanced at Corey as he asked her what was up, she was pretty cute, I'll admit, but now's not the time to be thinking about girls.
"Frankfort? I think it's like thirty miles or something" I said, shrugging. I lived in a town not far from here, but I really had no understanding of distance.
"Hey? Do you mind my asking, I mean, what are you doing out here? It's not exactly the best place to be, and at this time of night" Damn, me and my stupid questions. I tended to always be protective of people, which was what happened when you had an apparently 'super hot' younger sister.
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:05 pm

I shook my head. "Damn." I smiled at the boys. "I ran away actually. I know it sounds stupid, but I got really tired of my parents." I shrugged and then looked around me. "It's only a little past midnight," I joked. "But yeah. All I've got are so cool dance moves to defend myself." I chuckled and shook my head. I was so geeky and dorky. But, hey, that's what had made people at my school love me. I broke into a smile. "What are you guys doing out here?" I asked back.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:54 pm

I listened to the two talk for a while. I had no idea what town they were talking about, but hey, it's not like I was supposed to. It'd be strange if I knew everything when I first got here. I smiled slightly thinking about it for a moment listening to the other two again. I heard the last bit the girl said, something about dancing and then what the two of us were doing. I responded first, "Same reason as you, well except I went long-distance." I laughed a bit at that to myself before looking over at Keef and decided to introduce myself, "I'm Corey by the way, and that's Keef," I pointed at him and added, "and you?" I wasn't one to take my time with introductions, no idea why, but that's just how I am I guess.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:18 pm

I rocked back on my heels, letting Corey do the intros and what not. It wasn't really my style, and I had no idea what to say to this girl.
"Why are you going all the way to Frankfort?" I asked her curiously. I mean, it didn't make sense to run all the way there, it was typical place for runaways to go, which was why I didn't go there. It was the first place anyone went to look for runaway teens. I felt my phone viberating in my pocket, damn. I checked the number, Sara, my baby sister, I wanted to talk to her, badly, but I wasn't going to answer only to be harassed by mom and dad, again.
"Hello?" I said in a dull voice, poised to hang up.
"Keef? Don't hang up, I won't let them take the phone, they don't know I'm talking to you" Sara hissed, her voice was quiet, odviously she was hiding.
"What's up?" I wondered why she was calling me, though, Sara tended to call me all the time. Neither of us really spoke to Ryan, our older brother, he was off at the University of Florida or something.
"Please come home. Mom and Dad are freaked, and I miss you"
"Sara, I can't, not yet"
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:06 pm

"Pausing there, until I can get to a bigger city." I shrugged and smiled at them as Corey made introductions. I chuckled. "I'm Keller." I rolled my eyes. "Not the best name." I shrugged again, throwing a sapphire gaze around the area. "My parents lied to me, I had to get away." I smiled tightly at them. It was past midnight now and I watched as Keef walked away, talking on his cell phone. Like on cue, mine rang. I pulled it form my pocket, checking the name warily. It was my mom, I shot her to viocemail and put my phone back into my pocket. "Sorry." I smiled at Corey.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:52 pm

"It's all good," I started off laughing slightly and added, "my mum hasn't even tried to call yet. I guess she figures I'm too much of a twit to run off for too long." I then thought about what she had said earlier; they had lied to her? Sounds like that what both Keef and my parents did too. I wonder... I could tell I was looking confused, but I tried my best to make it stop. I then said, "What'd they lie to you about? If you don't mind me prying that is." Man, we really needed to get back to the motel soon, I was beginning to feel unsafe, and I didn't like being away from music for so long.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:00 pm

"Sara, I'm not coming back, not now. I'll see you again soon, I promise. I gotta go" I clicked the phone shut, ignoring my sister's plea not to. A small sigh escaped my lips as I glanced up, hearing the last bit of Keller and Corey's conversation.
"We should get going soon" I murmured, a bit more roughly then I had hoped. I felt like shit, abandoning my sister and all, especially to our pshycotic parents. She'd never be allowed out of the house now, not after my running away and all. Shrugging, I glanced at Keller, a small smile on my face. It wasn't my room, so I couldn't offer it to her, but I didn't like the idea of her wandering around at night. Big Brother instinct I guess.
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:20 pm

I glanced down at my hands and shrugged. "It sounds really stupid, even in my head." I cracked a small smile. "Apparently, I'm was this famous Russian ballerina in a past life." I paused and waited for laughter. "And my parents never told me. I had to find out from this weird guy in a black suit." I looked at both of their faces. "I know it sounds so stupid, but my mom confirmed it." I waited. "Go ahead and laugh."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living Up To Standards   Living Up To Standards - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living Up To Standards
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next