Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Considering whether to approach the girl he was trying to catch her eye when he realized that there was a second dark figure behind her. A little confused at this unexpected turn of events, Entomas opened his mouth to call out to the pair when he thought better of it. He didn't recognize either one. The girl didn't look like anyone he knew, and the other one was too hidden from view in that cloak. Something rankled in the back of Entomas's mind, and more and more he was becoming suspicious of them. It was then that his eyes fell upon the ruby brooch. The symbol burned in his mind and his eyes were riveted on the simple carving.
To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 Hiero_F34

His heart lurched in his chest and his knees went weak. Stealthily sinking into the grass he kept his eyes turned in their direction, irrationally fearing that they would start heading for him right then. A Rejuv, here? Now? He tried vainly to calm himself, and clamp his mouth shut on the shuddering breaths that he was taking. What was that person doing here? Who was with the Rejuv cur? He licked his lips, his mouth gone dry, and decided to wait it out. He was in no position to try anything right now, he would likely botch any attempt to eavesdrop. Wistfully he thought of using his insect accomplices, but he feared to even attempt that.

Thankfully, before long the vile figure moved off. Entomas only caught a glimpse of white hair, which sent him into a second bout of terror even though he knew it couldn't be Weset since she was always accompanied by a group of the unholy order. He had a terrible feeling that he would become entangled in their rituals again, only this time he would know what was coming. He kept silent, waiting until the girl moved off. He didn't trust her any more than the uniformed Rejuvian. A few moments later, he requested that a team of fifteen flies sweep the area. If they found nothing he would move off, but if they noticed anything unnatural he was prepared to stay there until he was alone or it was dark enough for him to escape undetected. Whichever came first.
Back to top Go down
http://hierogryphon.deviantart.com/
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:03 pm

{{I wonder...is Entomas in the marketplace?}}
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:06 pm

((Sorry, I was covering lost ground. He is still at the pond, and is waiting for Oleander to leave as Veritas already left.

I didn't make that very clear. Actually, I totally left out description of his surroundings. Oooops. o-0; ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:07 pm

{{Oh it's alright. I was just wondering, cause then I would've pulled Mina in. I kinda wanna wait till this Oracle firgure comes into play ^-^; }}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:36 pm

(( =] I wouldn't wait, but anything you decide is fine. Her appearnce'll either be tonight or tomorrow night Mondo timeline.

And yes, I have her character and power idea ready. >]
))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 pm

{{Well I'ma tad short on ideas of what else to put >3 }}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Oleander thought for a moment, still unsure of what had just happened. She shook her head, clearing the thoughts from her mind; 'It's no use clouding my head' she thought. Glancing around herself Oleander found that it was growing dark, heightened by the thunderheads looming overhead. She waited a moment, hoping that the clouds would pass and she could stay out a bit longer. A flash of lightning and roll of thunder proved otherwise.

Jumping from surprise, Oleander flitted back to the village. When she got into it's walls, she noticed that most of the inhabitants were talking in hushed whispers to each other. She passed a pair of women gossiping hearing them say "Demons..." The word clicked in her mind and she realized that Veritas must have already come.

She decided it best to pretend like she hadn't seen anything. To keep her mind occupied, Oleander wandered the market, looking for anything she would want or need.

____

Eliza jumped as thunder struck. Sylvester scurried out of her arms into the woods out of fright 'Sylvester!' she called, but he didn't respond and soon she couldn't feel his mind anymore. Sad that she had lost one of the only beings she knew, Eliza looked up at Lillian with a solemn expression. With shock she realized that her avian friend had flown off. No longer could she feel either of their minds, and the feeling was made even eerier since most of the animals had hidden.

Shock was setting in, and wondered what she was to do. After a bit of contemplating, she decided it best to go to the marketplace and wait until something came along for her to do.

The walk was rather long, but after a bit of hiking Eliza made it back to the city. She walked solemnly into it's walls and looked around. There was still a good number of people there, and Eliza decided it best for her to look around. After a while, she got bored, she didn't have any money, just some shiny, smooth, oval shaped things, so she couldn't buy anything.

Deciding to sit down, Eliza took a spot buy a lady who was selling a multitude of hats. Some where colorful, some where dark, most where very strange, and others looked like something she would wear on a casual occasion. Noticing Eliza looking at the hats with such interest, and seeing how lost she looked, the lady asked "Would you like to be my assistant hatter?"

Eliza cocked her head at the question. The women looked nice enough, she had brown hair that was cropped at her shoulders and covered by one of the hats; a plain black one. She looked rather young and kind so Eliza nodded in response "What do I do?" she asked eagerly. The woman looked at her for a moment "Well first, what's your name? Mine's Ms. Winterrose"

_____

Terra considered this a moment nodding "That we should. There's a coffee shop just around the corner. Let's head there, hm?" she said. Hoping that she could treat Holdyn for helping her to get out of the rain. "If we stay under the overhangs, we shouldn't get too wet."

She walked out of the lobby, tossing a hard glare at the doorman, and getting a scrutinizing look in return. As she walked out of the lobby and outside, Terra decided it best to make small talk to fill the void of slince that was settling in.

For a moment Terra wondered what to say, before deciding on "So, how long have you lived here?" She didn't know the city very well, having just "transferred" to Shangri from Mondo. It was an odd adjustment, from such a rural and primitive era to this technological age.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 am

((Phew, beautiful work elastic! You are an amazing roleplayer. =]

Seems that Veritas works fast. Perfect. Weset is coming this night, Mondo time.))

Still shrouding himself in the protection of the long grasses, it wasn't long before the paltry patrol of fly scouts returned and reported. He almost groaned when he heard that she was still there. It was to the point that he was getting sore from crouching so long, and his nerves were even more raw than normal after being tense throughout their conversation and still trying to stay patiently silent while the girl remained.

A gloom was settling over the gentle landscape, but to his dismay it wasn't helping him the way he thought it would. Instead of making it easy for him to slip away unnoticed, he would lose track of her and he might accidentally run into her as he tried to get away. Unnerved, he tried to get another troop of insects together. As he called out, using his antennae he found only that they had all fled for safety from the darkness. He sensed a warning they were all giving off, and realized that a storm was coming.

Risking a glance toward the sky he saw lightening part the sky in a jagged line, and a flurry of wind raked the trees. Even though he was expecting it, the clap of thunder made him drawback in fright.

He hurriedly tried to perceive where the girl was, but unable to do so, it wasn't long before he was scrambling away through the underbrush. The last thing he wanted to do was meet another Rejuv, so he turned toward the market and threaded his way through the wilderness until he emerged on the outskirts.

The lights shining from the unconcerned lodgings in the town were like a beacon to him. He felt a warm draw toward the town and his fears began to melt away. Never before had he felt to glad to return to his kindred kind. He fairly ran toward town and it wasn't long before had darted into his personal den.

He sat in the shelter, breathing in the sweet smells. To others this would appear a squalid place with grim and only a half-hazard lean to. To him it was the only home it had, and so it was wonderful. It was one of the only places he felt safe, and the insects that came were not a sign of uncleanliness, but of company.

((I'll further the Veritas/Weset story.... I still need to post in Shattered Gems though first. =P ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:05 am

{{x_x I think I'm lost....}}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:10 am

(( Basically: Entomas knows Oleander is still there. It gets dark. Lightening and thunder bodes the coming of a storm. He leaves and makes his way to the market place. Then he sits in his own little makeshift home in some alley. ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:30 am

{{Ok...did I miss something or did Oleander come out of no where? xD And Oleander is part of Rejuv?}}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:40 am

(( She and Veritas were talking near the pond where Entomas was hiding. =]

Oh, she's not Rejuv, but Entomas thinks she is since she was talking to Veritas. ^^;

Entomas is just paranoid like that. =P ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:44 am

{{Ok, I think I got it now.}}
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:50 pm

It wasn't long until Mina found herself completely absorbed in the atomsphere of the marketplace. She danced with a drum maker, chatted with a jewlist, and fought against the theif. She didn't even know she could fight! The moves came as swift to her as the memories from the items she touched. No mistake would be made by other theives to attack her. She laughed, going back to the drum maker.

"Back again are we?" he asked, chuckling. The man was old, and Mina enjoyed his company, and the rhytms he created on the instruments. Mina nodded, her face bright and unable to contain her excitement. The man laughed, handing her a small drum. "How about you try?" he asked her, a wise gleam in his eyes.

Mina stared at the drum, too excited to fear what would happen next. She took the drum between her hands, and closed her eyes. The memory that came to her was purely sound; she saw nothing, but she heard the soft and light beat. Somehow, she firgured it would go perfectly with the song she had played ealier on her flute. Mina smiled and tapped the drum to the rhytm. The Drum Maker soon joined in with a deeper sound, and Mina found herself laughing and swaying to the music.

"My child," the Drum Maker said with a laugh, wipping the sweat from his brow. "You have an ear for music." Mina blushed with the compliment, placing the drum back down on his table. Mina's eyes went wide, and she turned around sharply. Carlos stood at the entry to the tent.

"There you are." he said, walking into the tent. Mina smiled slightly. "Evening." He nodded to the Drum Maker, who nodded in return. "We really must go now Mina." he said queitly, taking her by the arm. Mina turned to smile apologetically at the Drum Maker who held up a hand for her to go. She followed Carlos quietly.

{{that's all I got xP }}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:57 am

(GAH!
I'm sorry >.<
And right when I get a compliment too!)

Eliza regarded the woman carefully. At some point in this, her usual curious and boisterous self had retreated within momentarily. Perhaps it was from the shock of being so utterly lonely, with hardly any minds to come in contact with and no companions. She didn't know, but she did know that she needed someone who knew this world, and some money. Silently, Eliza turned the woman's name around in her mind. It was strange, but wasn't in a position to criticize, her own name was merely the product of feelings and instinct. "Eliza" she said, inclining her head in a slight bow.

Again the hats caught her eyes, but now Eliza noticed not just the colors but the material, the accents and accessories, and the structure. She scanned over them until a particular hat snagged at her vision. It was a royal purple color with single golden flower implanted in it. Ms. Winterrose noticed her watching the hat and said in a casual voice "So, do you like that one?" Eliza watched it for a second more "I didn't know flowers could be gold..." she murmured. This must have been amusing to the woman for she laughed and said "It's been died. Do you notice how it doesn't look metallic at all?" she inquired "That's because it's been dyed that color and not by some other method" For a moment they were quiet before Ms. Winterrose again broke the silence "It's getting late, do you have somewhere to stay?"

No, she didn't. But did Eliza really need to bother this woman anymore than she already had? Of course not. So she nodded her head in reassurance that she did indeed have a place to stay 'What a liar you are...' she chided herself kindly. She helped Mrs. Winterrose pack up her goods and take them back to her house and when she asked if she was sure she didn't need a place to stay Eliza declined again.

Wandering amongst the streets, Eliza moved deeper and deeper into the shanties of the village. As she did, the streets seemed to become filthier and more riddled with thieves. Still, she moved on.

_____

((Oleander in a moment))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying-
Jump to: