Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) Empty
PostSubject: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Situation:

Shangri and Mondo… two worlds separated by an immeasurable obstacle: death.

When you die an unnatural death, you pass through the void onto another world, reincarnated exactly as you were except without your memories. Thus the two worlds remain unknown to each other, as memories only stay in one universe, no matter how many times you die and are reborn. In other words: your memories never transition over, but you remember everything that occurred in the world you are currently in. (except the specifics surrounding your previous death in that world)

Amnesia stricken individuals, appearing with no family to speak of are common enough that no one questions it deeply, even though it’s totally unexplained on both worlds. The cases are written off as having weak minds, tragic pasts, accidental drugging, undergone a spiritual purification, or being afflicted with something unknown, among other things.

There are the chosen few that can transition to the “afterlife” and back by will. They are called the Transverse, and they are extremely rare. They keep their memories between the worlds, so they alone know the truth.

Setting:
Spoiler:

Down to Business:
Spoiler:

Accepted Characters:
Spoiler:

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:05 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://hierogryphon.deviantart.com/
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:15 pm

ooc: this sounds like a really cool RP! Smile mind if I join as one of the Transverse, and possibly another character? (I haven't decided which place I wanna put them in yet XD)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mythodreas.com/profiles.php?user=movie
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:16 pm

((Join as a transverse and Mondo?))
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:20 pm

((Thanks guys! =D Its been rolling around in my head for quite awhile. =] Sure, both of you can be Traverse, and either world would be great!
I'll update the main post now. ^^ ))

Spoiler:

“Hello?” Setako stood up, lost her balance and went tumbling backward. Just in time she flung out an arm, caught a railing just before she landed on her bottom. Her large brown eyes were wide with disbelief as she stared at the sparkling web of stars that extended in every direction from where she sat stunned. As far as she could see there were lights from a thousand, no, a hundred million windows in the cityscape. She stayed sitting, staring in awe at the magical scene that mirrored the faint stars above.

“I…. I can’t stay here. At least, I don’t think I can.” The more she became aware of where she was, the more she began to realize that she couldn’t remember anything. She withdrew her hand from the rail and scooted closer to the glasslike panel that prevented anyone from falling. “Oh!” She gasped as she realized that she was sitting on a bridge made completely of metal scaffold and glass panels. Below her a constant blur of moving lights ran to and fro. It was a highway of automated cars driving the late-night traffic wherever they might desire.

She felt like curling up in a ball and hiding from all the confusion that whirled around her. She felt like going into a trance and wandering dazed about the place. But most of all she wanted to explore this fantastic place! Energized, she was on her feet before she realized what had happened, and scampered off across the bridge to places unknown. A carefree laugh escaped her as she ran, eyes shining at the magic that surrounded her. Fervently she tried to see everything, and there was so much to see! The jacket tied around her waist billowed out as she flew down causeways and around the city. Up stairs, across teeming streets, even through random stores she tore becoming more and more excited by every little thing she saw. Suddenly she was alone on a balcony and she stopped to lean way out over the railing.

Below her was the city in all its splendor, and the chill night wind swirled around her, teasing her scruffy hair. All she could do was smile at the fairy land that she had found herself in. She had no past, and the void that she came from somehow made this lively place seem incredible with all its technology and people and colors, movement, and life. She reached up to grab the sleeves of the jacket tied on her head and stood there, a foolish grin plastered on her face, her eyes closed contentedly, her body standing between the solidness of the building and the drop of hundreds of feet to the twinkling lights below.

“What was I thinking!” She cried, casting her childish voice out where it was snatched by the wind. “I have so much to do, and plenty of time to do it in!” She followed the statement by a merry laugh at how obvious it was to her now.
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:21 pm

((I'm sorry to join and leave... but I have to go
I'll post in the morning though. ^^))
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:22 pm

((No rush at all. =]
Take all the time you need. I also will be leaving promptly. ^^; ))
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:29 pm

ooc: cool, I'll have my bios up in a minute and hopefully intros with them soon...I'm not sure how much longer I can keep myself awake though XD
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:08 pm

{{Omgish! i would love to join; just gotta finish reading. x3 it's kind of late here so I'll try and post tomorrow. xD}}
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:28 pm

Spoiler:
Name: Aldalia
Personality: She is sweet to everyone she meets and is outgoing. She is more on the shy side, but she is very brave. She is one of those people that will just about stand up for anyone as long as they are a good person. She keeps her friends for life, and she would never hurt a fly.
Gift: She has the unique ability to paint the future, or draw it. She usually carries around a notepad and a pencil just incase if she gets a vision. When it happens her eyes seem to glaze over and she can't hear or see anyone until she is finished seeing the glimpse. That's why she automatically draws, it then lets her remember what she had just seen.
Past in brief - remembered: She lives in the world of Shangri, and had been living in an appartment for about three months now.
Past in brief - forgotten: She had lived in Shangri to start with and was best friends with Holdyn. She had gotten in an unfortunate accident, ended up in Mondo for a while where another accident happened, and popped back up in Shangri. She doesn't remember any of this though (which is why I didn't go into detail on the accidents =P)

Spoiler:
Name: Holdyn
Personality: Although he's smart and self-educated, he tends to conceal his intellectual side when dealing with others from the two worlds. He does not want to be that well known, for he does not want people to find out about what he can do. He is also very outgoing, sarcastic, and seems to have a rather large ego for having not many friends.
Gift: hypervibronics - the ability to tune into the vibration signature that will allow you to pass through any obstacle or even to enter another dimension. This ability, he believes is what helps him travel through the different worlds.
Past in brief - remembered: Currently staying in Shangri for the moment, but is planning on moving to Mondo for a while. He also wants to find more people like him, but doesn't want to have to go asking around.
Past in brief - forgotten: He has no forgotten past, although he does try to forget things when his past friends could not remember anything.
Other: Is one of the Transverse.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:52 pm

(( Sounds good mystik. =]

@everyone: As soon as character names and locations are announced I'll update the opening post. ^^

@Movie: Nice bios! I'm intrigued by the abilities you have. Holdyn sounds awesome all around. x]

Is Aldalia like a watcher from Push? I'm curious if that's they style of precognition you had in mind. =]

Imma make a second character for Mondo as soon as I can....))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:43 am

{{hmm...I'm curious...do all character have a gift? Or just the transverse?}}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:53 am

Spoiler:

Eliza rubbed her head, confused. A cautious hand reached out to pinch her arm and she yipped, yes this was real. But she still had no idea as to were she was. Carefully peeling her eyes away from her stiff frame, Eliza glanced around the area, a jolt ran through her as she did so.

The scenery was leafy and green, that of an overgrown forest. She realized that her back was resting against the bark of one of these towering trees 'Where am I?' she thought, practically shouting it. A voice came back to her 'In Mondo of course' came a squeky voice. "Ah!" she screeched, grasping her head and shaking it 'Who's that?' the thought was frantic and quick 'Lilian. Look above you!' it responded cheerfully

Eliza, deciding to obey orders looking up, and yelped again as she spotted a bird 'Hello!' it piped and jumped down from the tree. The birds feathers were white, but they seemed every color except that. They shimmered in the sunlight, giving off fantastic shades of blue, red, yellow, green, and more.

The bird tilted it's head, seeming to listen to something, and Eliza did the same. Suddenly, it's feathers ruffled and it jumped onto her shoulder 'Run!' it yelled at her, and instinctively she obeyed. 'Not that way!' warned the bird, and she changed course.

After only 30 seconds, Eliza could hear why Lilian had told her to run. Her ears reached the distant sound of arrows being fired and war cries, she cringed and called on an extra bit of speed. Lilian squawked, causing her to loose her balance for a moment, regaining it instantaneously.

A minute of running proved hard, but worth it, for Eliza could see what looked like a city fast approaching, and no longer could she hear the sounds of war. She came skidding to a halt as the gates of the city were shown to her. Now walking, she smiled up at the parrot, and it squawked it's response.

As she came into the city, Eliza found it was a trade center, many small shops were clustered in it's walls. Her eyes went wide, and she twirled with glee. This place looked like so much fun! Amongst her excitement, Lilian flew off of her shoulder. Eliza shouted "Hey come back!" this time out loud, and ran after the bird.

Spoiler:

Terra was running a hand along the railing of one of Shangri's bridges, humming a tune, which granted her some uncertain looks by passerby. She only smirked and kept on with it, her eyes searching the scenery, and her ears carefully listening into conversations.

She stopped suddenly, turning to face the glittering sea before her. Her eyes swept it, hoping to find some wildlife amongst it. But of course, she didn't. Shangri was to loud and bright for them. She sighed, continuing on with her walk.

A runner came across her path, almost knocking her over, and she growled, but they only kept on running, eyes locked on the path before them. She shook her head, brushing herself off, and making sure to avoid any other collisions.

Last edited by elastic on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:08 am

((@mystik: All characters can have a gift. ^^ On Mondo it's expected, on Shangri much fewer people realize they have them.

@elastic: updating! From what I've seen they look great. =D I just need to read it all now. x3 And post my own reply/intro. ))

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:10 am

(( @manzanita: Were my intros and bios okay? x[
Okay cool.
Thanks ^^))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:31 am

{{Oh alright. I'm just slightly confused, what positions are still opened for Characeter?s x3 }}
Back to top Go down
DemonHirugi
Verifier
DemonHirugi

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:34 am

(Can I be a Transverse and a Shangri? PLEASE?)
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:54 am

(( @mystik: All position are currently open... although I may put a cap on the tansverse soon.

@sora22: You can join. =]

Eep, sorry its taking so long, I'll be right back. x\ ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:00 am

{{Alright then. May I join as two Mondo's?}}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:27 am

(( @mystik: Certainly! I'll update it now. ^^

@sora22: Sure, they can both be in Mondo. But right now your bios are over powered.

Xaviers a charmer and a loner? Could you provide more detail on his necromancy? Does he have limits even as an expert?
No one can take care of themselves at 2, let alone easily. Being an expert at martial arts, lightening use, and being both sweet and tough....Its too much.

Theirs no hurry, so try and modify them again so they aren't quite so powerful and ideal.))

Spoiler:
Name: Entomas
Appearance: As in picture he is a tall blond with dark brown eyes and is dressed in some light unkempt clothes. He is older than he looks, and always manages to look off-balance.
Personality: He a variety of quirks, but generally he is agitated. He can be very curious at times, even when it goes against reason.
Gift: He can summon, command, and communicate to a limited degree with various insects. (not arachnids) He can extend various antennae to do this, which he can also retract.
World currently in: Mondo
Past in brief – remembered: He has grown up in Mondo and was in a tribe for most of his life. However he got left behind and has been performing various services about a small trading city.
Past in brief – forgotten: Nothing, he has never died.

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DemonHirugi
Verifier
DemonHirugi

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:45 am

(Can I change my Shangri to a Mondo?)

Name:Xavier Zacariah Jones IIV
Appearance:To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) Necromancer
Personality:very versatile, sometimes aruges with himself.
Gift:Is an expert at necromancy(raising the dead) However, he limits himself to one large minion, or several small skeletons, due to the fact that toying with Death is incredibly dangerous
World currently in:Mondo
Past in brief remembered:He has witnessed more deaths than the Grim Reaper himself(excellent use of hyperbole, no?), and blames himself for not doing something to stop any of them. He tries not to get involved in anybody's affairs but his own, for fear that he will only have his heart broken or witness yet another friend die.
Past in brief forgotten:It's a secret(will be progressively revealed in my posts)

Name:Sarah Uzamiki
Appearance:To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) Picture33-2
Personality:Very kind and sweet usually, but not afraid to roundhouse kick any perv trying to get lucky
Gift:Has an expert control of lightning(though obviously cannot use it while in or near water), is a Transverse
World currently in:Mondo
Past in brief remembered:For the first 10 years of her life, she had no parents, and learned how to take care of herself quite easily at the age of 6. Lately she's been practicing all forms of martial arts, turning her body into a lethal weapon
past in brief forgotten:Secret(will be progessively revealed in psots)

Last edited by sora22 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:48 pm

With a clatter, the load of branches tumbled from his grip and scattered across the ground. He stood there, his mouth slightly agape and his hands fluttering in front of him with nothing to hold on to now. “Uh… uh…. Oh!” He stammered, blinking rapidly. In a blur, he squatted and rapidly picked up the load of wood that he had been carrying. Once he had them all gathered he exited the small alley he had been in and trotted through the meandering dirt streets to a sort of market with assorted tents where vendors sold their wares. Although it was the poor district, almost everyone seemed good natured, albeit unwashed.

He nervously waited as people wandered from shop to shop, then made a dash for a yellowed awning where a carver had chairs and, stools, staffs and tent poles displayed. He waved Entomas over, hailing him with a polite smile then gestured without a word where he was to set them in the back of the area.

“Thanks for that.” He said gruffly, a little unsure how to act next to the man he had hired. “You’re prompt and do good work as usual.” He offered, trying to entice Entomas to say a word. Entomas gave a series of short nods, half-heartedly tried to smile, then placed the stack of branches where he had been directed.

“Well then,” The carver added after a silence, “Here’s your dues and I’d appreciate it if you could do the same next week, ay?” He paused a moment, but received no response turned back to stand at the edge of the road. Entomas shuffled, trying to think, then moved off calling to the shopkeeper as he went. “I’ll do that!” The man turned, waved, and nodded. “There goes an honest worker.” He said to himself. “But for the life of me, I’ll never understand him. I wonder if he’s funny in the head, the way he’s always twitching. Still, he’d never do anything wrong purposefully.” Shaking his head, he brooded over the odd boy before setting the topic aside.

Moving back toward the outskirts of town, he was about to duck into an alley when he heard someone shout, “Hey come back!” He froze, trying to decide what to do. He eyed the comfort of the dank alley, and considered the voice behind him. It didn’t sound like it was anyone he knew. But was it friendly? He twisted, his eyes uncertain and a little startled. A girl was in the middle of the street and seemed to be looking around for something. Oh, I see, she wasn’t calling me. He, blinked for a moment, still torn between going to her and disappearing away.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:26 pm

ooc:
@ ManzanitaGrove - Yah her ability was kinda based off of that. If you've seen Heroes, Issac's power + the one from push is where I got the idea. (I kinda mushed the two together lol)

and hopefully I can get intros up soon, I'm not sure though because it depends on how much longer my homework will take XD
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:16 pm

(( @movie: Cool, unfortunately I haven't seen heroes.... ^^; I'm like the only one who hasn't. xD
*nods* Hey, maybe Setako could be on a balcony in the same apartment building that Aldalia lives in? Just an idea. =] ))
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Eliza looked around frantically, trying to find her new found companion. Lilian was the only one she knew in this strange world, and she was her guide. 'Lilian!' she shouted with her mind, still nothing. She shot out her hand towards the sky, as if Lilian would find the perch suitable and land.

"Lilian! Where are you?" she called, this time out loud. Her arms waved frantically through the air as Eliza jumped up and down to try and get the bird to come back. Most of the passerby were looking at her with wary looks, trying to pretend that they didn't see her.

She stopped suddenly, remembering the direction Lilian had gone to. In a blur, Eliza was running towards it, and just as quick she fell on her face. She groaned, hearing the flutter of wings and a slight pressure on her back. She rolled over abruptly, and Lilian flew off of her back to land next to her. 'Lilian!' she shouted with her mind.

The bird seemed to laugh as birds do. It was a series of short cheery squawks 'You have the cruelest sense of humor' she groaned, getting up and brushing herself off. Lilian, looking innocent, fluttered up to her shoulder and perched there, deciding to groom her feathers. 'Stupid bird...' she thought, and Lilian pecked her in the shoulder. "Hey!" she yelled out loud glaring at the bird, but smiling as it cocked it's head at her, squawking again.

Terra sighed, she could see the rush of lights as cars flew past her. The bridge was crowded, and she decided to get off, 'Maybe get something to eat..." she thought. and smiled at the thought, she hadn't eaten in a while, and a meal would do her good.

She headed off of the bridge, twisting and sidestepping to avoid the mass of people. Finally she managed to find her way into a less crowded are and looked around. There were a few apartment buildings around, and a couple of stores.

She looked around, Shangri was so large, she hardly ever knew where she was going. Terra looked around for somewhere to eat, not finding anything except for shops selling the latest gadgets and a small bookstore. The only thing that wasn't shimmering and beeping.

Something wet hit her hair, then her shoulder, and then her entire body as the small drizzle turned into a rain storm. Terra threw her hands over her head, and ran into the nearest apartment, smiling warily at the man at the front desk.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:49 pm

@ManzanitaGrove - Ahh, well it's just like the power from push, it's just involuntary(sp?) drawing with it added on XD
and sure that would be awesome! I was beginning to wonder who my character was going to end up interacting with. My intros should be up in a few!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying-
Jump to: