Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

The Camp Grounds [Ore]

Go down 
+6
illuminada
Phantom
elastic
twilight_eclipse11
DemonHirugi
Iceycreamy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
aylias
Verifier
aylias

The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:38 pm

{Because he is a weasel,} said Yaktooo flatly, feeling stupid for dismissing Jocu as a culprit. He turned and scurried out of the medical tent and headed back to tent #65. He unconsciously checked to make sure his gems were still fastened to his back. He didn't want to lose them to some petty thief.
Back to top Go down
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Spoiler:

"A weasel?" The thought of Jocu's furry snout nabbing the circlet had never passed Nenadair's mind. The prince, although brought up with all the privelege of royal tutoring, often dismissed common sense. Shrugging slightly to the two patients, the Aquas left the tent to follow Yaktooo back to tent sixty-five. Much slower than the many-legged vortailer, he reached the tent as Yaktooo was fluttering through his gems, making ready for the conversion from camp to ship. Not wanting to wake the peacefully sleeping Kairi, or to confront the possible-thief Jocu, Nenadair silently did the same. He stowed the small silken rug beside his rations in his bag, and checked to make sure his scimitar-belt was properly fitted. Patting the padding, he encountered a strange knot in his lade, and pulled it out to realize it was the necklace he'd stuffed in there on the night of the Glassdawn battle. Letting it slide back in softly, he vowed to find out who it belonged too. Perhaps it belonged to someone who was as upset as he was about their missing posession.
Heading out the tent door and holding the flap open for Yaktooo who seemed almost ready, Nenadair quietly let his head slip down and his eyes half close so he did not have to meet either the vortailer's or the denret's gaze.
A coward, through and through.

--

With that greeting from his newest crewmember Keerah, the Captain turned towrds Tsumi who was the only one left in the tent.
"My lady, do you require transport to the ship?" the comment was strangely eloquent coming from the former privateer.
It was clear that the older illuminaire healer could have walked through sheer stubborness and determination, but he would be happy to give her a talon. Afterall, a healer was never something he had ever had at his disposal, and he wanted to learn as much as he could.
After all, he was Captain, Strategist, and Commander all wrapped in one.
Back to top Go down
https://sentrionuniversity.forumotion.net
aylias
Verifier
aylias

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:49 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yaktooo wordlessly packed his bag and made sure everything was in order. Nenadair came back in the tent, and Jocu was on his heels asking about the circlet. He was fairly certain Jocu had the circlet somewhere. Nenadair was back to his old non-confrontational self. The Aquas was doing his best not to meet the Jocu's gaze as he packed his own bag. Finally, Nenadair told Jocu that he was mistaken about Tsumi... "Mistaken?" How about an outright lie? Nenadair's determination to be polite and as non-accusing as possible was idealistic almost to he point of heartbreaking.

He heard the tinkling of the chain the pendant was attached to and watched as Nenadair withdrew it from his bag and replaced it carefully. {You know, that pendent fell off the ship during the fight. Everyone involved is still back in the medical tent. It must belong to someone there. This might be your last chance to return it. We split divisions soon.} He carefully checked the gem collection on his back again. {At least one person might be able to have their valuables retrieved today.} Yaktooo deliberately allowed this suggestion to be heard by Jocu, hoping guilt might cause him to fess up.

His mandibles chirped in thanks as he went through the tent flap Nenadair was holding open for him.

Last edited by aylias on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : editssss)
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:13 am

Spoiler:

First chuckling at Yaktooo's comment, he bounded up to get his stuff, but saw that he could never beat the Aquas. In a heartbeat he considered his options *Okay, so no way to get it to the one named 'Tsumi' then. What else...? Slip it in his stuff? I'm the only one to blame for it reappearing. But I don't see any other options. I could say I asked around and got it from a nurse, was actually a fenrir, not an illuminaire. But I'd just get in more trouble.* He made the decision and quickly took the circlet and deposited it under the aquas's bed, before dashing after the pair. *If worst comes to worst, I'll just explain that I'm a dirty thief who returned it because I'm a coward. And then get out of there, hopefully before I'm slaughtered alive.* He repressed a sigh. *Why the heck do I even bother trying when I could make a getaway? I mean honestly, they're bound to figure it out, and besides, why should a thief like me care about a strange sense of honor anyway....* He swerved when he saw them returning, *So soon?!* and then chased after them again. "Hey!" He called, "You must have found it! That's great!" Then skidded to a halt behind them. "Wait, so you didn't find it? Then why did you come back so quickly?" He asked puzzled.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://hierogryphon.deviantart.com/
illuminada
Verifier
illuminada

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:30 am

Spoiler:
Tsumi looked over to see the golden dactyl had returned, with a few bottles. The dactyl came over and offered her one. She very much wanted to apply it herself. The entire camp had probably already marked her out as the weakling. She was about tell the dactyl this when he and the Captain began talking about sqadrons and medics. She was momentarily distracted from speaking by a horrible itch on her left leg. She attemtped to relieve her self while they talked, for the second time she tried to speak but was interupted by a frantic aquas bursting through the door holding a set of very sharp looking blades. "Do you have my emblem!?" He demanded breathlessly. Tsumi was rendered speechless by the accusation. Her newfound companions stuck up for her. The aquas's face filled with sadness. The poor dear Tsumi thought. She sympathised and thought of how it would hurt if she lost her precious pendant. The captain broke her train of thought by asking her if she wanted assistance to the ship. Her spirits soared at the thought of the beautiful boat. She smirked to herself with the thought of the great white bird hering her call his ship a boat. She replied "Oh, no I can manage." She attempted to sound unworried.
Back to top Go down
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Spoiler:

The feathered captain gave his customary nod of acknowledgement, her statement only reaffirmed his thoughts that she was a truly self-sufficient being. Assuming that she would be fine, Caelestiss dragged himself out of the tight bedside area into the open air outside the tent. Glad to be outdoors once again, the Stryker opened his beak wide to take a huge gulp of the fresh air, as if he could taste it. The farther he walked, the easier it was to maneuver his cramped muscles. Turning back he called into the tent, "Tsumi, I will meet you aboard the Glassdawn." The captain lumbered his way across the camp, and was greeted by the site of his beautiful ship swaying in the breeze. From below, it was impossible to know if anyone was onboard, although it could have been covered with Sentrions from bow to stern. Now right below the boat's ladder, he looked up wishing that he could have taken his customary route of flight.

Spoiler:

---

Spoiler:

Pulling out the pendant to look at it once again, Nenadair realized his mistake. Clearly he would not be able to find out who's it was if they happened to be in a different ship as him, or even in the opposite division! Assuming that whoever had lost it the other night would once again be on the air-ship, Nenadair's mind raced to think of who he could have given it to. He had no idea where the Stryker Captain would be, but he did remember one other person who had been there that night. Tsumi herself!
"She did not have thecirclet, Jocu. You were mistaken. I am going to give the pendant to her though, perhaps she will be able to find the original owner. Perhaps I will see you at the divisioning lines?" Turning to sprint towards the medical tent, he first looked back at the vortailer. "And... thank you, Yaktooo. I hope we will continue to be placed together." Making his way through the mess of recruits waking up, he almost fell a he stumbled his way into the medical tent. Not waiting for a reaction from the illuminaire, he placed the pendanted necklace on the bedside table and told her breathelessly what had happened. "This fell from the sky the other night. You will be on the air-ship, will you keep this untill you can find who it belongs too? I must fnd out my divison before it is too late." Running once again out of the tent, Nenadair once again almost tripped on the same tent flap and he cursed at it good-naturedly. It was now that he would find out where he would be!
Reaching the center square of the tent, he realized with exasperation that the lines were long and he would have to wait his turn. Finally reaching the long wooden tables, the Aquas gave his name and was assigned to the sea division.
The sea! Just as he'd wanted all along!
Excited to see what was in store, Nenadair shifted his pack a little higher and headed toward the spot that had been marked on every recruits' map: the sea division rendez-vous.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 2:47 pm

((I editted my last post a lot guys. Read if if you feel like it. Haha. I think just about everything is straight now, ya?))

Yaktooo stopped outside the tent as Nenadair stepped past him. {I requested to be in the Sky Division. The only seas I'm familiar with are filled with sand and not water. I haven't seen my assignment yet though. But good luck to you if we stay separated.} He waved a claw in farewell, then watched Nenadair maneuver his way back to the medical tent.

He started to walk towards the assignment area but stopped. Again, he didn't want to feel like a hypocrite for being irritated with Nenadair for not confronting Jocu. He was just as mute as the Aquas. He turned and went back to the tent.

{I know it was you.} he told Jocu. He didn't know 100% for certain, but it was extremely likely given his behavior. {The Aquas doesn't know how to handle you. Where is it?}

As Yaktooo approached Jocu, he heard the familiar hum of the moonstone coming from Nenadair's old cot. He didn't need an answer. It wasn't there before. Jocu must have retrieved it and planted it there. He was certain now. He did want to see what kind of hair-brain lie the Denret might come up with this time, though, so he ignored the circlet for the time-being.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:54 pm

{At least one person might be able to have their valuables retrieved today.} Truthfully, Jocu stated, "I'm sorry I couldn't help."

Nodding, Jocu listened to the story that Nenadiar told. "Still, for being in such a hurry to ask the wolf at the medical tent, you seem quick to give up. I told you, it was a rumor, and so the details could have been mixed up." He shrugged, "With any lead, it seems to me that you would want to question around a bit before giving up." Nenadair moved on to another topic, and Jocu volunteered, "I requested sky division, but I have yet to be officially placed on it." He wanted to stop Nenadair from leaving, and somehow suggest he check for his things under his cot, but the aquas was already gone and down the road. He turned back to Yaktooo at the vortailer's accusation.

"Look." He sighed. "I don't know where you got the idea that it was me, but if it was why would I admit to it or even come back to find out if you discovered it. All I did was try to help you find it with the only information I had on the whole thing. Go right ahead and search my belongings, under everyone's pillows, in my hammock, under the mattresses, or anywhere else in the tent. As far as I know its not there."
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
illuminada
Verifier
illuminada

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Spoiler:

Tsumi was applying the medicine that the golden dactyl had given (she was very ruffled that she had forgotten to ask his name when last they spoke) when the aquas she recognised from earlier bursted in through the tent opening, tripping on the tent flap. "Don't you ever slow dow-" She began grumpily. The ointment stung just a little and she was in no mood to be accused of anymore thieving. Her sentance hung in midair when she saw her pendant swing in the aquases webbed hands. Her heart nearly jumped from her throat as the aquas put it on the bedside table and babbled breathlessly about how it had fallen from the sky and how Tsumi had to find the owner. "But I'm-" She began but the aqas had already fled, in no better grace as when he had entered. "Humph" She said indignatly. "Young ones these days have no respect!" A nurse trotted over to help her reapply her bandadges. Tsumi felt very insecure as to how close the nurse was to her pendant. She couldnt stop fidgeting and when the bandages were secure once again Tsumi leaped off the bed, stumbled and then promptly threw the pendant into her bag. She began towards the door when the nurse stood in front of her and said "You cant leave yet! You need to wait before being disarged!" Tsumi shifted her wieght onto her non-wonded leg so she didnt make a fool of herself once again. "I'm recovered." she insisted. And pushed past the nurse, making her way toward the great glass ship. She felt the comforting wieght of the pendant in her bag and sighed. "I knew you would want to come with me Tasuki..." the old illuminaire though limping and wincing every so often, had the most peaceful expression on her grizzled old face. A single tear slid down her snout and dropped onto the dusty path but the expression remained unchanged as she looked upward to the great glass ship.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Spoiler:

Yaktooo, undaunted, clicked his mouthparts, then went straight for the cot. He crawled underneath and grabbed the silver circlet with his claws and dragged it clumsily out. {At least you tried to put it back while we were gone. This was not here 5 minutes ago. Your reasons for wanting to return it are your own, I suppose, as are mine.} He turned around and looped his tail through the circlet to drag it out from under the bed easier. The moonstone made it as heavy as it was ornate, even though the silver was thin. It wouldn't have been so bad if he weren't also carrying his bag on his back as well. The silvery piece chimed as it scraped along the dirt and pebbles of the floor.

{Whew... I am not sure it is even worth my trouble to bring it to him.} he said as he hissed out a sigh. {Do you really think this is worth just money to him?} he asked Jocu, harking back to earlier. He wasn't angry.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Spoiler:
Jocu watched amazed at the red zetian went directly to the cot. *He didn't try to return it earlier, and yet he clearly knew where it was. Could he be trying to steal it now that the owner is gone?* Jocu took a step forward. and not bothering to contest the other comments he said, "I do want to return it. I don't wish to steal from people I know or be considered a thief by them." He studied the vortailer. "You might be able to support half of it with your tail and the other half with your claws. It will be awkward any way you do it, but that is my suggestion. I would help, but I don't think I can." He paused and replied, speculating on the prince's reasons, "Life is always worth more than money, but as a prince he might not know that yet. Still, I don't think its just the circlet's value. It probably has some symbolic and emotional value to him as well." He gazed out the tent flap. "Well, I think I'll take my leave and find out where I need to go to find my new bunk."

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:10 pm

{So you admit you stole it.} Yaktoo said, bemused.

Yaktooo knew he'd never be able to carry the circlet to the docks where Nenadair must be, find his squadron assignment, meet up with his Ore contact, and make his way to the Glassdawn fast enough (he was still expecting to be assigned to the Sky division).

{This big metal hoop is too awkward for you too huh? Here... } he lifted the circlet up in his pincers and examined the stone inset carefully. He meticulously poked and squeezed the silver clasps that held the stone in place, and expertly popped the moonstone out of the socket. {This is the important part.} he said as he held up the stone and admired it. Nenadair wasn't kidding. He estimated that a stone this pure with such a fine cut would be worth at least 400,000 zetapoints(?) in market back in T'enelm. Then held it out, offering it to Jocu. {I'm in a bit of a hurry. Do you think you can catch up with the prince and give it to him? I don't think you intend to keep it anymore. I'm sure you can think of a better story for why you have the stone now, if you still want to save face.}

Truthfully, Yaktooo liked Jocu a bit. The quick-witted Denret seemed to be just as crafty as Yaktooo imagined himself to be. He felt this was someone he could easily get along with.

And so what if Jocu did end up keeping the moonstone? This whole ordeal was something he could use to possibly blackmail him with later, if need be.

Last edited by aylias on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:19 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added some stuff)
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:15 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:43 pm

"There is just nothing I can say that will convince you I am innocent so I have quit trying." Jocu answered testily. He watched, unwilling to stop the jeweler, as Yaktooo removed the moonstone inset, and was impressed despite himself. He had done similar things so he could pawn his valuables to different black market dealers. The efficiency and skill that Yaktooo had done it with, and without any tools as well, was noteworthy for him.

He heartily agreed with the observation that the moonstone was the important part, for he had never seen such a pure and unusual one in his life. Then, completely taken aback by the offer to take it to Nenadair, he breathed, "Me? You are an odd one. You're certain I stole it, but you're also certain that you can trust me with it." Despite himself he liked the creature. *He seems to have experience with the same things I do, but also he has an edge that I like. Its hard to describe it precisely, but I like the way he thinks.* He hesitated, thinking first to see if there was something that might be up the other's sleeve, but found that he was agreeable to the terms presented. "I will return it, and I can carry both the moonstone and the circlet if that is your only reason for separating the two."
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:03 pm

{You were going to give it back anyway. I'm not worried.} he replied. To the next comment: {Oh I see. Well I'm sure the prince would appreciate his treasure in one piece.} He re-examined the two pieces. Putting something back together is more difficult than taking it apart. It took him a moment longer to align the stone in the socket and reset the clasps, and after more poking and squeezings until he had it just right, he clamped a claw over the inset and squeezed hard. The moonstone snapped back into place, good as new. He checked it again to make sure it was satisfactory, then laid the circlet back down. {There.}

{Perhaps I will see you later. You requested to be in the Sky division too, yes? I really must be going.}
Yaktooo shifted the bag on this back, then waved a pincer at Jocu and left the tent.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Jocu watched intently as he got the privilege to see the process of attaching the moonstone. "Thank you, and yes, I will see you on the Glassdawn then." He was fairly certain they would end up on the same ship, but he was a bit uncomfortable with sharing it with someone who was aware he was an active thief. Still, they would probably arrive at some sort of agreement, since the vortailer seemed fairly unconcerned about his profession. Jocu took the circlet and then carried it gingerly up to his hammock. He placed it in with his possessions, and then took down his hammock before setting off the line to check his assignment.

While learning of his place on the floating ship he also asked where Nenadair would be, and of course he was in the sea squadron. *Not only because he is best suited to it, but also because he is royalty.* Jocu figured. *I'm just glad I was lucky and got my wish to be up with the clouds. Of course, I had a fifty percent chance, but I don't like to gamble unless its of my own choosing.* Next he headed for the Varaha. He made his way easily, as he had already overheard its location.

Once there he easily recognized the captain and gave it to Ghonabon, saying only that it had been found, thanks to Yaktooo, and to please deliver it to an arctic aquas named Nenadair. *There really is no need for an alibi, unless we meet again.* He realized. Before starting for the Glassdawn.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ænigma
Verifier
Ænigma

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:06 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ænigma
Verifier
Ænigma

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:10 am

Spoiler:

It took him awhile to collect his thoughts and to find the motivation to leave his make-shift bedroom. He would make note that the pink-orange sunlight and chirping birds did help with his attempts to get up, though. When he finally built up the motivation to stand, and to look at the world with reality once again, he had to make a bit of a plan. Of course he would go and wake up Rav; he could hardly fool himself into thinking that the young whatever-he-was depended on him almost entirely. He sighed as he walked towards the camp, attempting to decide whether Rav was still more of a pleasantry to have around rather than an annoyanance. He couldn’t help but hope that they would be stationed on different vessels for the sole fact that he didn’t want to make that decision. They were, after all, going to set off today.
Annoyance or not, both of them were going to need breakfast, and so on his way back, Gibbous began to collect berries that his father had taught him were safe. He had collected a fair amount by the time he reached the end of the forest right behind Rav’s tent,. He put them in the pan that he had used and cleaned yesterday and decided that they would be better raw instead of being cooked into any type of fruit soup.
Once everything was ready, he nudged the tent with one of his pure-white pads, calling Rav’s name out gently. “Wake up, little soldier. It’s time to go fight.”
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:50 pm

A chittering and a shower of leaves, as well as the sun streaming onto his face finally woke Rav up. He sat up in the small hollow he had chosen to sleep in and blinked drowsily as the details of yesterday night returned to him. The purple feorag in the trees above had not seen him, and was busily climbing higher, sending down more cascades of leaves. He then stood, thinking of how Gibbous might be after his own night's rest, and began to walk to where the other had slept. *Maybe I could find something to eat for Gibbous and I.* As he came over a knoll he discovered that Gibbous had already risen and left. Rav knew that his friend had just woken up before him, and probably still did not know that he had decided to bed nearby.

He did not blame the shadow one at all, but still a knot formed in his stomach, and he had a bad sense that something was awry. Somewhat worried he hastened back to where he had spent the night, uneasy and a bit skittish. Once there he remembered the feorag, and heard it a little ways off. *It must be collecting nuts. Nuts would be a perfect idea to collect for our morning meal.* He was pleased at the perfect idea, and trailed after the unfortunate critter. It was easy to spot it in the trees above, and he called out commandingly, "Hello there little one. I will also be picking nuts this morning and would be grateful if you to give me some of yours." All it took was one one look at Rav's engineered body and his frightful smile. It dropped the three nuts it had just picked and began trembling.

Rav felt a a vicious joy at the response and was driven forward by the satisfactory reaction. With a tyrannical glower he responded to the meager offering. "That's all you will spare? Even though I am obviously the superior, and can best you easily with the technology fused with myself?" The way the rodent was cowering in fear awakened a malicious elation that grew to a blazing fervor. He rushed forward a cruel glint in his eye. He relished in the power he felt, the destructive vehemence gave him a sort of crazed exhilaration. He snarled, filled with a desire to inflict more, "No, I will not let you get away with this insult unless you give me every nut you have." The rodent quaked at the manic display, dropped everything, and bolted.

Spiteful, Rav watched it disappear, and then scooped up the decent pile of nuts. *I'll only need a few more before I can take these and Gibbous and I can eat them.* At the thought of Gibbous he felt twinged at his actions. *Why do I feel like I should regret what I just did?* He was baffled at the guilt that stirred within himself. *Its not like it was a friend, and it was afraid of me anyway. Besides its for a good cause.* He tried to untangle the feeling that were surfacing, and was a little irritated since it was all so clear a few seconds earlier. He picked all the nuts he could reach using his stilts to increase his height, and finally headed back, seeing that a few campfires were sending pillars of smoke toward the sky. The more he thought about Gibbous, the more he was bothered, and felt like he had done something bad.

He finally came into view of the tent, and there was Gibbous at his tent flap. When he saw the kind leo something snapped back into place and a shock went through him. *No! Why did I do that horrible thing? I shouldn't have done that at all! I could have gotten plenty for the both of us without scaring that feorag, I knew that was wrong and Gibbous wouldn't like that at all, but it didn't even occur to me. When I saw its fear, something happened, and I forget everything that Gibbous taught me.* Paralyzed, he felt hatred at himself now that he realized what he had done. He just stood there with the food he had gathered and shuddered with the realization of his own foul nature.
Back to top Go down
Ænigma
Verifier
Ænigma

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:08 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:53 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ænigma
Verifier
Ænigma

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:25 pm

It took him several moments to understand the expression on Rav’s face. His own crumpled into an unreadable expression that seemed almost unnatural on his usually pure face.
“You’ve done something wrong. Specifically something that makes you ashamed to be around me. My guess would be that you’ve hurt someone.” he said gravely, his eyes still studying Rav and attempting to decipher exactly what it was. He paced forward slowly with the kind of walk that spoke of power, grace, and charisma. It was the stride of the kings—one he seldom used, save in the situations that he felt required it.
But then it stopped. The cold expression on his face, the uptight, royalty stance, and the scrutiny in his eyes all melted at once as he sat directly in front of Rav. He was the same misplaced, teenage lion that he had always been around the camp.
“But it is alright. I care not about what you have done, nor will I mention anything more about it, because you regret having done it,” he said gently, then smiled.
“Are you hungry? It seems like we’ve both brought food, so we should have more than a feast between the two of us.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Camp Grounds [Ore]   The Camp Grounds [Ore] - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Camp Grounds [Ore]
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying-
Jump to: