Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

1x1 with x_fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 pm

"You could always sketch and sell your designs and have someone else craft it." Carlos said with a small shrug. He always viewed Sami as someone who could accomplish anything. She had managed to get from Canada to England, all on her own and all the while on the run from her very powerful and large family of shifters. That wasn't something to just brush aside like it was nothing. In Carlos's mind, that took strength and determination.
Still, Carlos let it be, since they wandered into another store, and Sami was holding up a hilarious shirt.
Carlos laughed and shook his head. "People actually purchase merchandise such as that for relatives?" Carlos asked curiously. "I'd much rather perfer the shot glass." Carlos added, holding up on from the shelf next to him that had a whole row of them, each with a few palm trees. Some had hammoks, or a small cruise ship between the trees.

------------------------

Nick smiled lightly as Alexi came downstairs and joined them in the kitchen. He heard the water running upstairs and Nick nodded in agreement. He tapped his fingers against the counter while Maria wrapped her arms around Alexi and kissed his forehead softly.
"Not for another hour." Maria answered. "Sven said to come around the office between eight and nine. I think he's been opening at 8...since they're awake, I guess we can go sooner rather than later." Maria offered.

Nick merely nodded to show that he was listening. Although he was half listening. Part of his mind was else-where. He was thinking about Serena...he could sense how tired she was even though she was still up in the shower. He was worried about what would happen as Sven's office...If there was a God, Nick prayed, please let Serena have something that could be cured.

------------------

"I love learning," Maddie admitted. "There's a great deal of things I don't know that I'd like to understand. But school....eh." Maddie said with a small shrug. She side-glanced to see Zach pulling out his iPod for his music.
She sighed softly and focused back on the road. She honestly wasn't expecting Zach's next question. Part of her scoffed inwardly. Home. They didn't really have a home...they had a house they were moving into soon. That was about it. Maddie tried not to dwell on the subject and merely nodded with a soft smile on her face.
"I don't see why it wouldn't." Maddie said. "We'll have a home. Mom will be better. We'll just have to keep Dad in check so he doesn't go all feeding-frenzy crazy again. It'll be fine." Maddie said with a small nod.
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Sami chuckled, "Maybe, I'm not to worried about it though" She murmured with a grin, she really didn't see herself having a career in design, she wasn't Maria or Alayna, nor did she want to be. She still hadn't settled on anything, all the vampires seemed to be into business, Maria and Alexi had the entertainment district of Draq industries, specifically their club. Demiri ran the business empire with Kristen, Sven had medicine and ran hospitals and research with Chris' help and Vlad was the CEO. Not only that but Keith had his own mega empire which Carlos was helping to run. They all seemed to have something but her, she just bartened currently, which was fine, but it wasn't something she saw herself doing for the rest of her very long life.
"We should buy that shirt for Maria as a gag gift, she'd probably have a heart attack" She chuckled.

----

Alexi nodded, "Well we can may our way over there whenever then. Serena just needs to finish up in the shower" He said with a tired sigh, "I'm sure she'll be done soon" He added just as the water shut off upstairs.

Serena sighed and grabbed her favourite pair of yoga pants and a loose shirt. Dressing quickly, she pulled her hair back into a ponytail, easy and functional and kept her hair from her eyes. Normally she had a bit more of a routine, but today she was just going to Sven's then coming straight home, plus she felt awful and had no desire to try and make herself look decent. Yawning, she scrubbed a hand over her face, and took one last look in the mirror. She had bags under her eyes and slightly blood shot eyes, but beyond that she looked fine, she was a vampire after all and beauty wasn't something they had to work for. Grumbling, she grabbed one of Nick's sweatshirts and slid it on, zipping up the front before heading downstairs.

"Morning" She greeted her family softly, chewing her bottom lip a bit anxiously. She wasn't sure how to feel about this situation and she could tell how worried her parents were, even if they were struggling to hide their nerves.
"Borrowed your sweatshirt" She muttered to her brother, turning away from her parents to focus on her twin. She could tell how freaked out Nick was, feel his anxiety and fear, but at the same time she could feel waves of reassurance pouring through their link and god she loved him for it.

----

Zach frowned at Maddie slightly, but once again he had a different take on the whole situation then her. Home, to him, was wherever their family was, not what building they resided in, but he knew Maddie had different memories of the old house then they did.
"I don't think Dad's going to lose it again anytime soon, he feels like crap about it" Zach said with a sigh, Demitri hadn't said anything to him yesterday house hunting, but he'd been able to tell, his Dad felt miserable about loosing control.
Back to top Go down
http://lonevega.webs.com/
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:07 pm

"Nor am I," Carlos added. "Just, food for thought yea?" He said with a small smile of reassurance. He knew Sami had a whole life ahead of her, and he wasn't the least bit worried. They were together. Carlos had a steady job, and a few centuries worth of emergency funds, so whatever Sami planned to do, career-wise, was entirely her decision and Carlos would support her.
Carlos laughed at the idea of getting Maria the shirt. "She would never wear it, but she would never be able to get rid of it either if we did buy it for her." Carlos said, smirking at the thought.

---------------------

As Serena wandered into the kitchen, Nick grinned slightly. He didn't care that Serena was wearing his jacket. In a weird way, it made him feel better that she was wearing it. He wandered over to her and hugged her tightly.
Love you he murmured silently. It's gonna be fine. he added before pulling his arms away, though he slide his hand into her. He glanced over at Maria, who gave a small reassuring smile as well and nudged her husband playfully.

"Come on. We might as well go instead of waiting around." Maria said. "You know the way to the office?" She asked then, since Maria hadn't been there since Sven's opening.

------------

Maddie could almost feel Zach frowning at her, even though she wasn't looking, or really using her empath ability.
"Don't give me that look, I'm gonna miss the old house is all." Maddie murmured in explanation.
"I know he feels bad about the whole thing, I would too, and I'm not mad at him or anything...." Maddie stopped talking then because she felt like she was just rambling. It was too early in the day for her to be rambling. She sighed softly as they arrived at the school. Maddie found a spot to park effortlessly, and soon she was swinging her keys on her finger as she walked towards the building.
Maddie slowed her walking to look all the way up at the structure. This was it...after this week, there was just one year left of high school for her....the idea was both exciting and daunting to her.
As always though, Maddie huffed a sigh, rearranged her back pack and marched up the steps for her morning class.
"See you later Zach." Maddie said with a smile before slipping down a hallway.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Sami laughed, that was Maria to a 'T', she would hate the shirt, think it was a fashion disaster, yet she would keep if for as long as she could before time or the moths got at it.
"It would be hilarous" She muttered, "Can you imagine? Fifteen years from now we'd find it all nice and folded in a box" She sighed softly and stepped out of the shop, they had plenty of time for shopping later during the week, plus her and Carlos had a small room and they didn't need to crowd it with a bunch of stuff.
"Where to now?" SHe asked her mate curiously, glancing at the rest of the shops, she had picked two so she figured it was his turn now.

----

Serena leaned slightly against Nick.
Love you too She mumbled in response, even her mind voice was worn out.
"I guess we better get moving" Alexi said with a grin at his wife. "Yea I know where it is, I've been there a few times since the opening" He added with a grin.
Snagging the keys, he glanced at his children, a soft smile adorning his face despite the circumstances.

Serena sighed watching her parents head for the car. She figured she couldn't turn and run away, that probably wouldn't go over well. Steeling herself mentally and giving Nick's fingers a small squeeze, she followed her parents trying to keep herself calm so she didn't freak out.

----

Zach laughed and slid from the car.
"See you" He called, heading for his own classes, though he made a detour to his locker. A frown on his face as he stepped into his class, he realized he hadn't seen his cousins anywhere, and it was pretty rare that they missed school. Texting his sister, he asked if she had seen the twins or knew why they were missing. God he hoped nothing else had happened, he doubted his family could take anymore problems at this point.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Carlos laughed. "It might not even be folded. Just tossed into a box." He agreed with a nod. He tossed an arm over Sami's shoulder, drawing her close as they left the store. Carlos was content to just walk and listen to the pianist playing a level below them. The next few shops they passed didn't seem to interesting. One was selling photos and postcards to send to the family back home. Another was selling exotic teas, and fancy tea-pot sets.
"Ha, Maria would love one of those. She picked up on British tea-parties quickly when we moved to England." He explained, but kept walking as a swift glance. The next shop had candles and other scents, which made Carlos cough and sneeze from the aroma.
"And you humans enjoy those smells?" Carlos whispered, after he sneezed a second time. Though he laughed once they were past the shop. "Hmm, which do you prefer? Gold or silver?" Carlos asked as they stood in front of a shop that glistened in the sunlight. It was jewelry store, and they seemed to have everything from golden necklaces, to silver ear-rings, and bracelets.
-------------

Maria nodded in agreement and followed Alexi to the cars. Nick gave his sister's hand a small squeeze in return as he helped her get into the SUV. Everyone was pretty much quiet as they drove to Sven's office. It wasn't like Nick was anxious or nervous. He hadn't been to Sven's office since it opened, so he was actually curious to see the place. It was just a little unnerving. Nick had never been to a hospital or a doctors office...at least not that he could remember. There was never a need with Sven being a doctor. And the fact that vampires were immortal, had fast healing... if Nick were injured, by the time they got into the car and half-way down the road...he would have healed whatever wounds. The whole experience felt a little odd.

Nick tried not to focus on it. Sven just had most of his equipment at the office. He would find out what was bothering Serena, give her some medicine, her healing would kick in, and she'd be right as rain tomorrow morning. Nick was almost so sure of that he smiled at the thought. Yea. Everything was going to be fine.

--------------

Maddie's phone buzzed loudly in her pocket as she recieved Zach's text. She was glad that she wasn't in class yet. She'd just closed her locker, and was turning down the hallway as she checked her phone.
"Nick and Serena are out?" Maddie asked herself, a frown creasing on her face instantly.
No, haven't seen them....haven't heard from them either... Maddie replied.
"Maddie! Oh thank goodness you're alright." Before Maddie could turn around she was engulfed in a hug so tight she could barely breath. Pure relief washed over her, and Maddie sighed roughly.
"Can't breath..." Maddie murmured.
"Sorry." Gerry said, slowly releasing Maddie from the bear-hug. But not from his arms entirely. "I was worried. Last I saw you, you were practically in a coma. Then I saw what happened to your house on the news....your Dad?" He asked quietly. Maddie tried to smile, but instead she could only nod. It wasn't a pleasant memory...but she was glad that Gerry cared so much. He gave her a sympathetic smile, and slowly lowered his arms from around her.
Gerry went to say something, but the warning bell rang just as he opened his mouth. It seemed like the noise was coming from him, and Maddie laughed.
"Come on. We're going to be late." Maddie said, snagging his arm and tugging him along.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Sami laughed, "Humans maybe enjoy it, shape shifters don't" Sami said sniffing lightly. "At least shifters with an advanced sense of smell" She added, rubbing her finger under her nose as if to get rid of the smell.
"Its gross" She grumbled in annoyance before letting Carlos lead her to another store.
"Me? I much prefer silver or white gold" She said with a grin, "Gold really isn't my thing" She added, leaning closer to her mate and glancing around.
"Why?" She asked curiously.

----

Alexi sighed and started the vehicle once the kids were inside.
"Its actually changed a bit since the opening, he's done some renos" He told his wife, doubting that the kids were actually listening to him since they both seemed out of it.
"Remember when all we had to do was turn on Finding Nemo?" He asked his wife, "They'd be captivated for hours" He missed how little they used to be, coming to him and Maria whenever something was wrong, begging for the next disney movie and crawling into bed with them after nightmares. They didn't do that anymore, the twins chose to seek comfort from one another and definetly didn't beg for the newest disney movie, maybe new music or clothes.

Serena leaned tiredly against Nick, she closed her eyes and drifted off slightly, wondering why Nick was so damn pleased suddenly. She jumped slightly when the car jerked to a stop and she glanced around, realizing that they had just pulled up to Sven's shop.
"We're here" Alexi said unnecessarily.

----

Sven sighed as he finished setting up his equipment. He was desperate to see what was going on inside his niece, he'd been examining the pictures he had taken the previous day since late last night and had only gone to bed when Chris had dragged him there.

"Morning" A voice sounded from behind him, startling the working vampire which was a surprise in of itself.
"Morning" He responded with a grin as he saw his brother and his small family standing just on the other side of the front desk.
"Ready?" Sven asked curiously, looking at Serena intently.
"As I'll ever be" The young blonde responded.
"It'll be fine" Sven said reassuringly, "Just back here" He added, leading Serena and the others to one of the many, small exam rooms towards the back of the clinic.
"Hope so" Serena said, hopping up on the table when he gestured for her to do so.

Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:01 pm

Carlos's content smile nearly twitched into a grin, but it was gone the next second. He merely shrugged at Sami's question and nodded at the store.
"The question just popped into my head after I saw all the jewelry." Carlos explained effortlessly. "Do you care to take a look or should we keep on?" He asked curiously, slowly his walk as they stood outside the shop incase Sami did want to look inside. Either way, Carlos was perfectly content. He had Sami at his side, and that was all that mattered to him.

--------------

Maria sighed softly as Alexi talked during the ride to Sven's office. It was a comfort that Maria loved. Alexi's voice was always so soothing to her. She could spend all day talking wit him and never get tired of listening. She smiled, remember the not-so-distant past effortlessly.
"Yes....I always heard mortals saying the grow up so fast." Maria murmured softly. "But even then had more time with their young children than us....at least we'll have an eternity with them though." Maria said with a soft grin. That was a pleasant thought. Some mortals never lived to see their children accomplish the great things in their life. Maria and Alexi would.

As they pulled up to the office, Maria stepped out, watching Nick and Serena carefully. Sven was right; dating was going to be interesting...especially once they found their mates. The way Nick was so protective over Serena, Maria feared he might not let anyone get that close to her...Maria waved the thought away as she laced her fingers with Alexi's and walked inside.

The place was nice, and Maria smiled when she saw Sven. "This is becoming quite the success. You must be proud." Maria said, sighing softly as he lead them through the halls. Once they were in the room, Nick stood just across from the small table that Serena was now sitting on top of. His hands were shoved in his pockets, and he was looking around curiously.

Maria sat down in one of the chairs, resting her chin in her palm as she winked gently at Serena. That always made her giggle when she was younger, and Maria would do just about anything to see her girl smile right now. It'd been a hard day for her yesterday, and Maria was still praying silently, that today would be much much better.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Sami grinned, "Sure lets take a look, can't hurt right?" She teased, one of the necklaces had caught hr eye and she was curious about it. She wasn't really a huge fan of jewlery, but she did like some pieces as long as they weren't big or flashy. Stepping away from Carlos she glanced down at the display case, "Some of these are really pretty" She said with a smile as she continued to poke around.
"Can I help you ma'am?" A voice sounded in front of her and she jumped slightly.
"Oh" She said in way of greeting the small, mousy looking man that was staring at her. He was a bit creepy but she just ignored that.
"I'm fine" She murmured, "Just browsing" She added for clarification since he seemed to hover.

-----

"Yea business is booming, not sure if thats a good thing though" Sven responded with a chuckle. "Thankfully its mostly medical research though" He added with a grin.

Serena offered her mother a small grin, though that was all she could manage.
"So I looked over some of the pictures I took of Serena's stomach, I do need more pictures, the ultrasound isn't really indepth, but it did give me some idea of what we're looking at. I don't want to say anything just yet until I can get some better pictures and that sample" Sven added, he wasn't going to say anything about surgery even though there was a chance of surgery, because he didn't want to stress them out the family any more then they already were.
"Okay" Alexi said, smiling reassuringly at Serena and guiding Nick to another chair and forcing his son down.

"Just relax alright? We'll do x-rays first and then go from there" Sven said to Serena, he had some advanced machines and x-raying vampires were very different then humans. They didn't need the protection of lead and they needed a more powerful machine in order to see through the hardened skin.
Serena shot her parents a worried look and leaned back on the bed, pulling her shirt up lightly to expose her sore and bruised stomach.

"Bruising hmm?" Sven said with a frown before he jotted something down on his clipboard. Preforming the x-ray rapidly, he took tons of internal pictures of Serena's stomach.

----

"Pictures are done" Sven said, pulling Alexi and Maria aside and showing them the pictures taken from the x-ray machine.
"See, these are those lumps that I noticed on the ultrasound" Sven said, pointing out the much more noticeable, large masses.
"They look almost cancerous in nature, which is impossible since vampires can't get cancer" Sven said thoughtfully. "I need to do a biopsy to find out what, exactly they are. So far all I can think of is some kind of lesions in her stomach lining, which also doesn't make much sense" Sven said, raking his fingers through his hair.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Carlos chuckled. "No, it can't hurt." He agreed. To some people, it could hurt the bank, but Carlos didn't have to worry about that. He let Sami walk in ahead of him. He walked slowly, his eyes taking in every little detail of the store. Some of the merchandise was stunning. He hadn't seen diamond cuts like that in a century. The grin on his face must have shown his appreciation.
"You recognize the beauty of craftsmanship." One of the men standing behind the counter addressed him. Carlos nodded in agreement. "This case holds our top line of precious stones. Our diamonds in the rough, so to speak." the man said with a small laugh.
"Yes I can see." Carlos said, but then Sami caught his attention again. It wasn't so much her words that worried him, it was the way her voice sounded. He stood up from peering in the case to find her across the small store. One of the other employees was hovering around Sami.
"Is it normal for your workers to hover like that around potential customers?" Carlos asked, with a look that clearly said he was upset with the situation.
"No sir, if you'll excuse me." Carlos waited as the man went over and asked the one hovering around Sami into the back room. Carlos smirked and wandered back over to his mate.
"See anything you like?" he asked, his grin back on his face as he glanced at the case she was looking at.

----------------

Nick surpressed the growl that wanted to rise out of his throat as Alexi pushed him into the chair next to his mother. Maria reached a hand over, patting Nick's leg softly. A quiet reminder of what they dicussed earlier. Nick sighed, and slumped a bit in his chair. He watched as Serena had to lie down on the table and Sven moved his machines into the right positions.
"How does that work?" Nick asked. He understood cameras, but this machine was bizarre to him. Was it like a camera that could see through your body?
"It's a complex machine." Maria answered. "It doesn't hurt." She promised, as Serena gave them a worried look. "It's just like posing for a picture." She said, smiling in reassurance.

------

As Sven pulled her and Alexi aside, Maria took her husbands hand tightly. She studied the pictures, which were much more clear than the ultrasound he tried last night. Seeing the lumps in her daughter's stomach made Maria's do a painful flip.
"A biospy?" Maria echoed with a small frown.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Sami turned and glanced at Carlos as he came up behind her.
"Some of this stuff is amazing" She said with a grin, "What were you looking at?" She asked, she had heard him talking behind her briefly to someone before the man had begun speaking to her. She returned her attention to the case and let her eyes linger over the neacklace on display once again before she moved onto another case.
"Thanks by the way. I know you said something to the manager" She added with a chuckle, she hadn't been to bother by the guy, he had been a bit odd, but overall no where nearly as threatening as the man from the restaurtant. She shoved those memories aside violently, she had handled that and wasn't going back there.

----

"A biopsy is where, in a normal human, you insert a long needle into the person to collect a sample of the problem area and then test it to identify what it is" Sven explained, "In a vampire its a bit more intesne" He sighed, "But the idea is the same, I need to get a sample of the lesion or lump or whatever it is, so that I can figure out what it is and design a specific treatment for her" He said softly.

Alexi frowned, "So this isn't something minor, is it?" He asked his brother.
"No, at least not as far as I can tell" Sven said apologetically. "Its not life threatening, at least not yet but I have no idea what this is or how it could effect Serena at this point, not until I know more about it" Sven said softly. Alexi clenched his hand into a fist for a moment, eyes sliding shut in anger before he opened them again and nodded resignedly.
"So now what?" He asked his brother, glancing at his daughter who was still lying prone on the exam table.
"I have to get a blood sample and preform the biopsy. Once I run tests I'll have a better plan of action in mind" The doctor murmured.
"I will need to take her to a different room to do the biopsy though, blood I can draw easily though" Sven added. Alexi sighed and hung his head.
"Fine" He murmured, "Just...fix her"
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:02 am

"I was looking at some bracelets and rings that had very well-cut stones." Carlos explained with a small smile. He noticed that Sami's gaze lingered on the silver necklace. He smirked and followed her to the next case, admiring the other lovely pieces.
"I hinted." Carlos said. "I didn't exactly ask him to shoo the man away." Carlos added with a small shrug, though there was a sly gleam in his eyes.
"You know I love you too much." Carlos whispered softly, kissing her forehead softly.
"You sure there's nothing you like?" Carlos asked again, lacing his fingers with Sami's.

-----------------

Hearing how the process worked, Maria winced visibly. "You do this while she's unconscious?" Maria asked softly, because trying to imagine doing that while awake made Maria nauseous.  She listened to Alexi and Sven going back and forth and she merely nodded in agreement.
"Whatever you can do for her." Maria said with a soft sigh. She spun the ruby bracelet on her wrist and started to bounce in place nervously.

"You might have to hold Nick down." Maria murmured softly to Alexi. Of the two of them, Alexi was the stronger. Even though Maria had talked to him earlier today, Maria wasn't completely confident that Nick could restrain himself. And since Nick had switched over to fresh blood, Maria noticed the subtle changes; his hearing was better, he was quicker, and a bit stronger.

----------

As the bell rang to dismiss them from class, Maddie quickly gathered up her books and bolted out the door. If she was fast enough, she could catch Zach on his way to the gym.
"Hey," Maddie called, tugging on his loose strap to get his attention. "Have you heard anything about Serena and Nick?" she asked curiously. Maybe Nick had texted Zach about school work or something since both the twins were out. It wasn't strange for kids to miss school, but with their family track-record, they only missed school when it was absolutely necessary.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 6:45 pm

"Ah" Sami murmured, Carlos seemed to have an eye for stuff like this, which while surprising, wasn't really a bad thing. He certainly knew quality and wouldn't let sales people get away with trying to sell them low quality product.
"Hm? No, just admiring a few things, nothing that I must have though" She responded with a smile. "I don't have a great track record with jewlery, I tend to break or loose it, no sense spending the money" She said with a grin.
"I love you too, and if you ever get hastled by an unpleasent sales person I, too, shall defend your honour" She said with a cheeky grin.
"Shall we check out the other stores, I think we have a couple hours till dinner" She added with a shrug, she didn't wear a watch so she really had no idea what time it is. She had turned off her phone for the vacation, if there was an emergency, the family knew how to get in touch.

----

"Normally patients aren't unconcious, we just apply a local numbing agent" Sven said, "Its not a major enough procedure to be put under for, but I can put her under if it makes things easier for you and her" He added. Normally he wouldn't, but Serena was family and he knew how hard this would be on them, on her, without something to keep her from feeling the pain.
"Put her under, the less she feels the less Nick will react" Alexi said, "Blood sample first though, that way she can warm up to the idea" The Father added, he knew Serena and Nick would not like what was about to happen, not in the least.

Serena gripped Nick's hand tightly as Sven explained what was going to happen. He had to stick a needle, a special needle, into her freaking stomach! This was not okay. She stook a deep breath, barely noticing the pinch of the needle as Sven drew a small vile of her blood. He had special tools for opperating on vampires or other creatures, the metal of the vampire instruments was a special type of surgical steel the family had developed that could penetrate vampires thick skin.
"You'll be fine love" Alexi said softly. "We'll be waiting right here for you when you wake up" He added, looking worriedly at Nick, his son would not like the fact that he couldn't be with his sister during the biopsy. He knew Maria was right, he'd probably have to hold his son down.

------

Zach glanced up as Maddie met up with him.
"No, and no one's seen them all day" He responded. "I texted both of them this morning but neither replied. I hope everything's alright" He added, chewing his bottom lip nervously. "Mom and Dad'll probably know whats going on, "We'll have to ask them when we get home" By the time school was out surely their parents would know what was going on. "Meet you by the car" He added as he dodged around a few people and disappeared into the gym.

Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Carlos smirked lightly. "One of my many careers." He explained, seeing her surprised expression. "Keith and I ran a diamond cutting business. A few of those diamonds helped us jump-start our company actually. Some knowledge just stays with you over the years." He said with a soft sigh.
"Well, if there is anything that you must have, don't hesitate love." Carlos added. "We are on holiday, so I'm allowed to spoil you." He grinned. He laughed at the comment of Sami defending his honor, and he slipped his hand into hers. "Ah my lovely heroine." Carlos said, smirking.
"That is one option." Carlos said as they left the store and continued to walk. "Although, we will be on this ship for the next six days, so we could always come back and peruse some more another time...and instead we could wander back to the room and start freshening up for dinner." Carlos added with a casual shrug, but a sly smile on his face.

------------------

"I'm concerned about Nick is all." Maria said, after hearing how the procedure was normally performed. "So long as Serena doesn't feel it, he shouldn't." Maria said, hugging her arms as they walked back to the other room to inform the twins.

Nick was tense from the moment they walked into the room. His hand was still holding Serena's gently, but as Sven talked, and Serena tightened her grip, Nick had to force himself to take a deep breath and relax. Serena was already worried about the whole process. If he got upset, it would only make matters worse.
Though, he couldn't watch as Sven drew blood. As soon as he mentioned that, Nick closed his eyes. If he didn't see it, it wouldn't bother him. Something in the back of his mind told him to stay calm and keep Serena relaxed, so that's what he did.

"It'll be fine." Nick agreed with Alexi, somehow sensing that Serena would be going off with Sven alone. No one directly said it...probably not to set Nick off. He forced a smile, and kissed Serena's forehead before slowly letting go of her hand. Something twinged in Nick's gut. He sucked in a small breath, and Maria was at his side in an instant.
"Fine." Nick muttered, shoving his hands back into his pockets so no one would see that he'd clenched them into fists.

---------------

Maddie blew out a rough breath as she listened to her brother.
"Yea. And if it were something really bad, we'd know already." Maddie added, nodding to herself. It was true. More times than not, one of them knew something was up before anyone else did if the matter was truely serious. Maybe they'd just over-slept, and Maria had let them stay home. After what happened the last few days, Maddie couldn't blame them.
"See ya." Maddie called as her brother ran off. She pulled her messenger bag tighter on her shoulder and wandered off to her next class.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:28 pm

"Freshening up sounds lovely" Sami said, eyes dancing with mirth at the notion. She had a feeling 'freshening up' would be more like getting mussed up and then having to tidy up. She chuckled, "No sense spoiling me when I break things. Besides this entire vacation is spoiling me" She chide her mate lightly. She'd never been on a proper vacation before, so this was huge for her. Plus it was just the two of them, previously when they'd gone places, it had been with family or to visit family and it usually wasn't relaxing.
"Which way back to our room?" She asked, pulling the map from her bag and trying to figure it out. She really did have an appaling sense of direction, especially for a shape shifter.

---

Sven grinned at his niece and nephew, "It really will be fine" He reassured before taking Serena from the room to get her ready for everything.
"She'll be out for at least half an hour after the procedure, so don't worry if she doesn't wake up right away" He warned the others, "I'll study her tests while she wakes up, see if we can't figure out whats going on" With that, he and Serena left for the next room over, which was a bit more surgically inclined.

-

Alexi glanced at his son, offering him a wry smile, though internally he was freaking out.
"She'll be out before we know it" He murmured, making himself comfortable on one of the chairs and leaning heavily against the wall. So far Nick had been doing alright, which was good, but he wasn't sure how long their luck would last.

-

Sven wheeled Serena out of the surgical room, the girl was sound asleep on the hospital bed, lying flat on her back.
"Here we go" The doctor said, setting the girl up back with her family. He was going pretty far out of the norm to accomodate them, but they were family after all. "She can wake up anywhere from the next five minutes to half an hour depending on how she reacts to the anestheia, I'll be in my office going over her samples and running some tests. If something seems off, come grab me" He said with a small smile, "She came through beautifully though" He added, before disappearing from the room. In a second Alexi was next to his daughter, murmuring softly to her even though she was sleeping.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:13 pm

"This entire vacation is spoiling you?" Carlos echoed. "And yet, it's only our first day out at sea." He said, smiling lightly. As Sami pulled out the map of the ship, Carlos leaned over her shoulder to look at it as well.
"That's our level there." Carlos said, pointing at the deck on the map. "But our room number was 200 and something....so that means we're on this end of the boat." Carlos said, sliding his finger across the map. "So we can take this elevator behind us to the deck and just walk." Carlos said.

-----------------

Nick sat down as Sven left with his sister. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the wall. It would be over soon....everything was going to be fine...Sven had to run these tests to find a way to cure Serena. These things Nick kept repeating to himself, over and over again, but it didn't seem to make the time go any faster.

At one point, Nick felt like he was going to fall asleep. He whole body felt heavy, and he slumped a bit in his chair. The jolt of sliding woke him though, and Nick blinked a few times to wake himself further.
Maria was still pacing a bit, which meant that Serena wasn't back yet. Nick yawned and ran his fingers through his hair.

When Sven finally came back, Nick was almost certain he had fallen asleep for a little while. One minute, Nick closed his eyes, and the next, he opened them and the clock read a different time. Nick sat up, groggy, and saw that his Dad was already tending to Serena. She was sound asleep, and Sven said something to Maria and Alexi before wandering off to check the tests or something.
Nick stood and walked over to his sister's bed, smiling softly as he sat near the other side and took her hand gently. That's when the exhaustion hit him full force. Nick let his head rest against the edge of Serena's bed, and he passed out.

Maria sighed in relief. "I was actually hoping that might happen." Maria murmured, seeing that Nick had fallen asleep. "It's was never easy for one to be asleep without the other.." Maria said, still hugging her arms as Alexi tended to Serena. She found herself smiling lightly at the sight and she walked over to Alexi, running a hand down his arm.
"She'll wake up soon." Maria promised.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Sami laughed, "Yes it is, even if it is just the first day" She added with a grin, peering over his shoulder to peek at the map.
"Thats works for me" She murmured, "This boat is huge" She added, for probably like the fiftieth time.
"Shall we?" She asked, linking her fingers with his and heading towards the aformentioned elevator.

----

Alexi glanced up as Nick fell asleep, a small smile graced his features for a moment as he glanced at his wife.
"Wait untill they're grown, mated and in different houses. Their poor mates won't be able to tell whats happening when they each spontatenously pass out at different times" He spoke jovially about the twins mating, but he was completely unsure if the pair would actually mate.

The twins were so close and Nick was so protective (though he sincerly doubted that Serena was any less protective) that mating seemed out of the question. Especially with how close the twins were.
"What do you think is going to happen to them?" He asked, nodding at Nick who was still clutching Serena's hand, both of them sound asleep.
"I mean, vampire twins are unheard of, they're so, so close. I just can't picture them up and leaving with mates, starting their own families, independant of one another" He sighed, glancing up as Sven entered the room.

"Well I have some good news and some bad news" The vampire doctor said with a grim expression on his face.
"What?" Alexi asked, tearing his eyes away from his children to look at his brother.
"Well its not life threatening, what Serena has" Sven said, much to the relief of the pair. "However, she does have something I've never seen in a vampire before" Sven sighed, "You know how I said that this almost resembled cancer. Well it is, its a strain of cancerous lesions in her stomach lining, the two people she drank from were doing drugs, which aggrivated the dormant cells, kick starting the cancer" Sven murmured, "I'm sure I can treat it..I just have to figure out how. It won't kill her, but it will make her life uncomfortable for awhile, especially when it comes to feeding. All her blood needs to be pure, no contaminents likes drugs, alcohol, motal medicine..." He trailed off, looking at the pair. "She will be fine, eventually"

Alexi gaped at his brother, his daughter, his little girl had cancer? Vampire cancer? What the hell was the world coming to? He sighed. "We thought they might be on drugs" He mumbled, his hand reaching out to grasp Maria's.
"Will she suffer from this?" He asked Sven.
"There will be side-effects, she can't go through chemotherapy like a regular human patient. Like I said, this is something new for me. Her life with be hard for a bit, she's likely to get sick occasionally, her stomach may cause her pain until I can get her on a decent pain medication, but she won't go through cancer symptoms like a mortal. She won't loose her hair or anything like that" Sven told his brother.
"I am so sorry" He added, "We'll figure this out though, I swear"
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:34 am

Maria stood at Alexi's side, her hand passing across his shoulder soothingly, as they watched the twins sleeping. As Alexi spoke about their mating, Maria could only shake her head.
"All in good time my love." Maria murmured. "One day, they'll find someone who understands...who knows, maybe they'll end up falling for another set of twins." Maria joked with a small shrug.
Though she would be lying if she said it wasn't a matter she worried about. Maria spent the better half of her seven-hundred years as a vampire wondering if she'd ever find her mate. She didn't exactly what her children to go through the same amount of waiting and suffering...but then again, they had each other. It would definitely make the time pass easily.

As Sven returned, Maria watched his expression, and a sinking feeling grew in her gut. She was quiet as the Doctor explained Serena condition, and as Alexi's hand found hers, Maria squeezed reassuringly. Thank God Alexi took her hand when he did....Maria needed it almost as much as her husband.

Serena had cancer...it wasn't life-threatening, which was a relief. Maria didn't even want to think about what would happen if it was. But they were going to get through this. It was going to be hard, but it wasn't impossible. Maria could only nod as Sven and Alexi spoke. She honestly didn't know what else could be said.

She looked back at the children, watching as Nick stirred, like he heard everything they were saying, even though he was fast asleep from the medication Sven gave Serena. She brushed her hand against Serena's face, pushing back a loose strand of her hair gently.
"You'll be just fine my darling..." Maria murmured softly in Spanish.

Nick stirred again. His grip on Serena's hand tightened slightly, and Maria watched as he slowly opened his eyes. Hopefully, that meant Serena would be waking soon too. Sven said the drug would wear off in a matter of minutes. Nick frowned, as if he didn't understand where they were. He saw Serena, resting in the bed and his gaze wandered to Maria, Alexi and Sven.
"She's gonna be ok?" He asked.
"Of course." Maria answered with a small smile.

--------------

((I'm gonna leave Sami and Carlos to enjoy their cruise, tho I've got something in mind for them in a bit lol))

Maddie was tapping her fork against her plate, and the tapping was only growing faster. She was staring out the window of the cafeteria, but she didn't seem to be looking at anything.
Garry waved a hand in front of her face. She hardly blinked. He snapped his fingers and nothing happened. Finally, he whistled sharply, and that got Maddie's attention.
"Ouch." she muttered, rubbing her ears. "You do realize I could have heard that sharp whistle a mile away."
"It seemed like you were that far out." Garry muttered as he stirred around the school's lame attempt at Shepherd's pie. "What bothering you?" He asked.

"My cousins aren't here." Maddie murmured, glancing around the cafeteria again.
"Nick and Serena?" Garry asked, to which Maddie nodded. "So?"
"So, they hardly ever miss school." Maddie said.
"You're worried something's happened?" Garry figured.
"Knowing my family's track record...." Maddie agreed with a nod.
"You don't think you're over-reacting just a bit?" Garry asked tentively. There she goes, glaring at him with those bright blue eyes. He swore, sometimes they were as sharp and cold as ice. Today they were no different.
"Am I ever wrong?" Maddie asked.
"There have been a few occassions." Garry answered.
"When it was serious?" Maddie pressed, obviously trying to contain her anger.
"Maddie, if it was something serious, don't you think you're parents would have told you about it by now?" Garry asked. "I mean, if it were bad, they wouldn't have you sticking it out the rest of the day. They've pulled you from class early before."
Garry had a point. That seemed to lesson Maddie's intensity. Her shoulders fell and she let her head collapse into her hands. Garry started sensing that this was more than just the absence of her cousins.
"Maddie...what wrong?" He asked.

"I don't think you'd understand...." Maddie murmured, almost so quietly that Garry could hear her.
"Try me." Garry insisted, shoving his food away and scooting a bit closer to he could listen. Maddie turned her hand to look it him past her dirty blonde curls.
"Nothing's been the same since Keith left...." Maddie whispered.  "He was called back for something big...and he...he came back for a while, but he didn't remember who he was to us. He didn't remember anything. Not even Alayna. He attacked Zach and...ever since things haven't felt right."
"He was a big part of your family." Garry said. "It would be strange it things seemed normal without him."
Maddie shook her head. "But sometimes it's more than that...sometimes, it's like I can still sense him. All the confusion, and the emptiness...the nagging feeling of knowing that something isn't right."

Garry tried not to frown at that thought. "You told me that you cut your emphatic ties to everyone in your family." He said.
"I did." Maddie insisted. "That's what worries me. If I'm still connected to Keith, it's not my doing." There was a strange look in Maddie's face, and it took some time before Garry could make any sense out of it.
"You think Keith kept the connection?" Garry asked.
Maddie shrugged. "He's an angel. Couldn't he do that if he wanted to?" she asked.
"I suppose. But if it doesn't remember anything from his life here on earth, how could he remember the connection you two had?" Garry asked.
"I don't think he does. The last time I'm tried to talk to him...he blocked me out." Maddie said, her shoulder's falling again.

Garry sighed softly as the first bell ran, dismissing lunch. He pinched Maddie's arm and gave her a soft smile. "These things need time Maddie. He's a higher being you know. If he's meant to come to you, he will. It'll drive you sick worrying about him now. Instead, you should worry about how angry Mr. Imerl will be if we're late again." He said. That made Maddie crack a smile, and she stood up with Garry to head to their class.

The rest of the day passed in a blur and before she knew it, Maddie was walking towards her truck, and waiting for Zach to show up so they could head back home.

---------------

Kristen was sitting with Alayna, talking in the kitchen when she heard the worried tone in Demitri's voice. Normally, Kristen wouldn't ease-drop on her husband's conversation. She was getting better at controlling her half-vampire senses....she worked them just like her shift-senses, able to shift between them whenever she needed them. Still, when she wasn't intentionally listening, Demitri's voice was a soft murmur in the back ground. She heard the worry, and sensed it a the same time. The emotion made Kristen tune in, but she realized Demitri wasn't speaking English.

Although she was better at understand Russian, Demitri was talking so fast, Kristen couldn't keep up. All she understood was that he was talking to Alexi...and it was something about the twins.
"Shit." Kristen muttered.
"What?" Alayna asked, blinking in confusion as she realized Kristen was no longer listening to what she was saying.
"I'm not sure yet. Something with the twins." Kristen murmured, tapping her mug as she waited, somewhat impatiently for Demitri to come downstairs and explain what happened.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:15 pm

OOC: Works for me =]

BIC:

Alexi sighed and glanced at his son, they'd fill the twins in when Serena was awake as well. He figured if Nick was up, Serena would be following him shortly.

Like clockwork, only minutes after his son had woken up, Serena's eyes began to flicker open. Groaning tiredly, the blonde girl's eyes slowly flickered open and she glanced around the room wairly.
"Hey love" Alexi murmured softly to his daughter, moving to stand by the bed. She looked rather disoriented, but Sven said that would be normal. Now he and Maria just had to figure out how to tell Nick and her what was wrong.

Finally after a few minutes, Serena seemed to have a better understanding of what was going on and Alexi sucked in a sharp breath.
"Dad?" Serena asked softly, her eyes asking the real question. 'What was wrong with her' Finally Alexi caved and spilled everything to Serena and Nick, the words just pouring out of him as he gripped Serena's free hand.

Serena gaped at her Father, completely lost for words, a lot of what he had said was technical jargon, babbling about clean blood and what not.
"Cancer?" She whispered, looking up at her mother, before her eyes flitted to her brother. She had cancer? Could vampires even get cancer?

----

Zach frowned as he headed out of the school to meet his sister. He hadn't seen Nick or Serena all day, and neither had answered his numerous texts and calls.
"Hey" He called to his sister as he approached the truck, not wanting to startle her since she looked to be rather deep in thought.
"Whats wrong?" Zach asked as he clambered into the passanger seat, Maddie looked concerned, more so then she had the last time he had seen her and he was a bit worried about what was going on.
"Did you hear something about Nick and Serena?" He asked, wondering if maybe thats why she was so worried.

----

Demitri sighed as he shoved his phone in pocket and headed downstairs to talk to his wife and Alayna. As he entered the room, he saw the looks on Kristen and Alayna's faces and realized they had heard some, if not all, of his conversation.
"So..." He trailed off awkwardly for a moment. Alexi had been fairly upset, which wasn't a surprise, he'd nearly gone insane when Zach had been hurt and his son had healed relatively quickly, Serena had cancer, something completely unheard of for vampires.
"The twins won't be in school for a little while" He murmured as he sat down.
"Se-" He cut off, "God, this is ridiculous" he muttered to himself, "Serena has cancer" He finally spat out, horrified at actually admitting it aloud. His niece, the gorgeous, blonde girl had cancer.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Nick was glancing nervously between his parents. He knew they were waiting for Serena to wake up, and he knew she would be awake in a few minutes. But those few minutes felt like eons. Maria said Serena would be ok...but Nick could see the worry in his Father's face. He wasn't very good at hiding it. Nick found himself squeezing Serena's hand every few seconds until she finally opened her eyes.

He sighed in something of relief. When she looked at him, he gave her a gentle smile. They both turned to look at their parents. Before Maria had a second to think of a gentle way to break the news, Alexi spilled everything. She sighed gently and pressed her hand on Alexi's shoulder. She didn't want him scaring the twin too badly.
"Yes." Maria agreed softly as Serena looked at her. "But it is not deadly." She said strongly, so Serena wouldn't panic. "Sven is looking into cures. For now, as your father said, we have to keep you on a clean diet. Those teens you fed off yesterday, they were doing some drug, and it agitated the cancer cells, which caused the reaction you had." Maria explained gently.

"So for now, you need to drink pure blood so that it won't agitate your stomach." Maria said. "And Sven will find a treatment method to cure you. You'll get through this Serena, and we'll be with you every step of the way darling." she added, leaning over to kiss Serena's forehead softly.

-----------------

"Hiya." Maddie said, smiling when Zach greeted her. Too late though, he was already asking what was wrong. Maddie had been thinking about her talk with Garry during lunch, and she hadn't been hiding her expressions. Even if she was, it would be no good against Zach. He'd been getting better and better seeing through her masks of reassurance that hid her worry and fear.
"Just a conversation I had a lunch with Garry." Maddie murmured. "Nothing really." she added.
"I haven't heard anything." Maddie added as she started the truck and pulled her seatbelt across her chest. "I'm hoping Dad and Mom know something." She said as she pushed the truck out of the parking lot of the school and down to the highway back home.

---------------

Kristen chewed her lip worriedly as Demitri walked into the kitchen. Damn he looked torn.
"I didn't catch everything." She told him. "You were talking too fast." she added, which happened a lot when Demitri grew upset. She watched as he walked over to the table and sat down next to them. He started talking a few times and then stopped, and finally he broke the news.
Alayna dropped her tea mug, but thankfully it didn't crack. Kristen felt like something kicked her in the stomach.
"Cancer?" Alayna whispered.
"Is that even possible?" Kristen asked, her eyes wide as she glanced at her husband. "I mean...she's a vampire...mortal diseases aren't supposed to be an issue I thought...."

Kristen's attention flickered as she heard a truck pulling up into the driveway. She frowned and glanced at the kitchen clock. Damn. The day went by fast. The kids were already home from school.
"Mom? Dad?" Maddie called from the hall.
"In the kitchen." Kristen answered, making sure her voice didn't crack. She took a deep breath and Alayna busied herself with the dishes. Kristen reached over and took Demitri's hand with a strong squeeze as Maddie showed up at the doorway.
"Nick?" Maddie guessed. Kristen caught Maddie's eye and Maddie's shoulder fell completely. "Serena...." Maddie whispered. "What's happened?"
Kristen took a deep breath and Maddie braced herself mentally. "Sven's diagnosed her with cancer."
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Serena's eyes locked on her mother and she nodded, calming slightly. She knew her parents wouldn't lie to her, nor would they shield her. If her mother said that she could get through this, then she knew she could get through this. She sighed, sitting up in the bed slightly.
"How can I make sure I'm drinking pure blood? You and Dad hunt and bring home blood? You can't tell if someones been drinking or doing other things?" She asked.
"I'll supply blood" Sven said, "Hospital blood, it doesn't taste as good as the fresh stuff, but it will be clean and I can make sure nothing is contaminating it" Sven murmured, "I'll find a cure for this Serena, it may take awhile and its going to be a bit rough, but you'll come through it. Honestly the cancer isn't spreading, that is what kills humans who have cancer, the fact that it spreads throughout the body. Everything indicates that you were, essentially, born with this, it hasn't spread not at all. We probably would never had found out about it if you hadn't drank from those humans. You will recover and be fine" The doctor added.

Serena nodded, "Can I get dressed now?" She asked, still a bit shell shocked.
"Of course" Alexi said, herding the family out of the room to allow his daughter to change.
"I'll provide blood, I'll get it out to your guys house about once a week. She may experience discomfort after feeding, but if you notice anymore bruising or accute pain, then don't hesitate to call me" Sven added as Serena poked her out of the room, once again full clothed.
The girl still looked a bit shocked as she huddled against her parents and twin.
"Lets go home, you'll call if you find anything else out?" Alexi asked Sven as he drew Serena against him, as if to shield her from the world.
"Of course, I'll swing by later to drop off some blood" Sven reassured, giving Nick a quick squeeze on his shoulder and rubbing Serena's back. He sincerly wished he could say or do something to help them out, but he knew the family needed some time.

----

"Apparently it is possible. Sven thinks it has something to do with them being twins. Vampire twins are almost unheard of, and human twins are usually born with some sort of problems, so it stands to reason that Serena and Nick wouldn't escape unscathed" Demitri said, rubbing his fingers through his hair.

He glanced up as the kids came out. Bracing himself, he knew this would be really hard on the pair, Kristen dropped the news.
"Wh-What?" Zach gasped, staring at his parents. "But she's a vampire? Vampires never get sick" He babbled, his knees feeling mildly weak. Sinking down, Zach stared at his parents uncomprehendingly.
"Is she going to be okay?" He finally asked, his brain begining to function again.
"She will be, her and Nick might not be in school for awhile, since Serena isn't 100%" Demitri murmured, "And I doubt Nick will be leaving her for awhile" He added, he knew Zach and Maddie would want to see their cousins, but he wasn't sure now was a good time.

Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Maria fell silent as Sven answered some of Serena's questions. She kept her reassuring, soft smile on her face, since it seemed to calm Serena down a bit. Nick had said nothing so far, and Maria wasn't sure if this was a good thing or not.
As Serena mentioned getting dressed, Maria reached over for her son, and pulled him outside with everyone else. He seemed distant, and Maria would squeeze his shoulder every now and then. He would blink and come back for half a second, try to smile and then stare off again.

"Thank you Sven." Maria said quietly with a tender smile to the doctor. She knew he was doing a great deal more than usual for them, and she was grateful for everything. As Serena came back, Nick seemed to gravitate towards her, and his hand was holding hers all over again. Maria sighed softly and nodded as Sven said he would stop by later.
"See you tonight then." Maria agreed, walking out of the doctors with the rest of her family.

-----

Maddie hooked her arm under Zach's as she sensed him collasping. She lead him over to the table so he could at least sit at the table. Maddie glanced between her parents, wondering if she was hearing them right or not. Cancer...Serena had...caner? The more Maddie thought about it, the more she felt the ground crumble beneth her. Maybe that's what Zach had felt.
Maddie sat down across from her brother. Her face was suddenly pale.
Zach asked the question he couldn't; was Serena going to be ok?
Kristen nodded as Demitri explained a little bit of the story. "I'm sure Sven's looking for a way to cure her as we speak." Kristen reassured, and Maddie started to nod. "We'll go see them, maybe tomorrow or later in the week if Serena's feeling up to it. Alright?" Kristen asked. Maddie sighed and fell back against her chair.

"That's why they weren't at school today...." she murmured, glancing at Zach.
"Yes." Kristen answered, thinking Maddie was asking a question. The kitchen fell into a stunned silence after that. Maddie was simply staring at the table with her arms hugging her waist. Alayna was just finishing up the dishes, and she turned to her niece and nephew with a soft sigh.
"There's no need to worry too much," She told them. "Serena will get through this, and I know Sven will find a cure and have her right as rain in no time." Alayna said. "Now, as I remember, you two have your new house to go see." Alayna added, glancing at Kristen and Demitri with a small urgency. The kids needed some small distraction for now. Checking out how the new house was coming together would be the best thing for them now.

((hmm...I suddenly can't remember what time of the year they're in xD I think I assumed summer, because we're in summer, but I honestly can't recall if they've just started school or not...))
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:21 pm

OOC: I have no idea.. Also, I'll be right back, just running out to grab coffee =] So I shall reply then
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Serena was silent for the car ride home, her head leaning against the window as she stared out at the rapidly passing scener, her hand sitting comfortable in Nick's. She didn't know what to say, she had never thought, in a million years, that something like this would happen to her. She pulled her head from the window and sighed softly, her parents weren't talking, but she could tell that they were having one of those weird, silent conversations that only parents could have. She glanced at Nick, wishing she could say something but she had no idea how to react to this, how to let her brother know that she would be alright, especially since she didn't know if she would be alright.

Alexi glanced in the review mirror for probably the tenth time since they had started the drive home. The kids were silent, which was rare and he had a feeling that they weren't talking in what he had dubbed as their 'twin speak'. Sighing, he glanced at his wife, silently asking her what they were going to do. They probably couldn't send the kids to school for a bit, Serena wouldn't be able to handle it and Nick wouldn't want to be seperated from her. There was no guarentee how Serena would be feeling over the next few days, with the cancerous lesions aggrivated from the drugged blood, Sven had said that there was a good chance that she would be ill for at least a few days, and Alexi didn't want to force her to do anything she wasn't up to doing.

---

Zach looked at his parents, a small sigh escaping him as he looked towards Alayna and then his sister.
"New house?" He muttered, how could they check out the new house when god knew what was wrong with Serena.
"Yea we need to go see it, so you guys can figure out your rooms" Demitri said, "Sitting here worrying about Serena won't help her" He said with a soft sigh.
"Come on kids, we'll see your cousins later and I'm sure they'll want to here about your new house" He said with a soft grin. He wanted the kids to have something else on their mind, so that they didn't have to think about Serena.

"I guess" Zach murmured, his father did give a good argument, if not an articulate one. Demitri smiled at his son, glad Zach was willing to try and go do something.
"Do you wanna come Alayna? It is your house as well" Demitri offered, glancing at the human girl. He had made sure she was included, and he wanted her to feel at home where they were.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Nick was just as silent as his sister. He had his eyes closed and his resting back against his seat. He hadn't let go of Serena's hand either, and he was glad she didn't mind. In a weird way, Nick was almost afraid to let go. The conversation from the hospital replayed over and over in his mind. Hearing that Serena had cancer in her stomach....the teens being on drugs that made the caner worse....Nick swallowed the sudden lump of fear in his throat. Sven said she needed to drink pure blood...at least she could feed...that was a good thing. Nick had been worried that the sickness...the cancer, wouldn't let Serena feed at all. After seeing what happened to Uncle Demitri when he hadn't fed in a while, Nick wasn't so sure he wanted to see Serena going down that path.
But she could feed....and she was going to be ok. That's what everyone kept saying. Maria said it, Uncle Sven said it....Nick sighed softly and squeezed his sister's hand, almost sensing that she was looking at him. He opened his eyes and glanced over with a soft smile.

Maria spun the bracelet on her wrist slowly, the car was completely silent, and it upset her a bit. Not that silence ever bothered her before, it was just the tension in the air more than anything. Slowly, the details of the morning were starting to weigh down on Maria, and a couple of times she had to catch herself from breathing too quickly in her worry. It wasn't like her heart was racing....but the emotions brought back the feeling.
Glancing over at Alexi, Maria could only shake her head. The children needed time...they all did. She understood that the twins wouldn't be attending school for a while, but honestly, that didn't worry her all that much right now. Serena's health was her top prioriety....everything else followed under. She wasn't going to push her daughter at all if she felt too ill...and Maria knew Nick would make sure they wouldn't. He was going to be glued to her.

---------------

Maddie glanced between Alayna, Demitri and Kristen. Go check out the new house? Oh lovely. Once again, Zach voiced how Maddie was feeling. She sighed since he caved in and agreed.
"Yea." Maddie muttered, standing up slowly from the table and tossing her bag over her shoulder.

Kristen stood up as well, hugging Maddie and Zach in turn. "Everything's going to work out." she promised. Maddie nodded gently.
"Come on, even I want to see this house. Your father hasn't stopped talking about it since he bought it." Kristen said, teasing Demitri and even managing to make Maddie smirk.

Alayna smiled and nodded in agreement to Demitri's invitation. "Sure, I'll tag along." She said. "Let me just grab my bag. I'll meet you guys outside." she said.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Serena was slightly startled when Nick's eyes popped open though she offered him a small smile. As the car pulled into the driveway, she glanced up at her parents before she let Nick's hand slip from her's in order to get out of the car. Standing in front of the house, she glanced around, eyes landing on the distant barn. She needed to go feed Chase some carrots or treats, he deserved it after everything that had happened. She had a feeling that going out to the barn right now wouldn't be approved of just yet, not that she really felt up to it at the moment.
"Can we watch a movie?" She asked softly, knowing her parents and brother would hear her.

Alexi slipped from the car in time to hear Serena's question.
"Of course" He grinned, a family movie day seemed like a good idea. They all needed to relax and just be together as a family and if Serena wanted to just relax and watch a movie then he was all for it.

----

Demitri sighed, he knew Maddie thought that they were all nuts, but sitting in Vlad's house doing nothing wasn't productive. They couldn't help Serena nor Alexi's family right now and sitting around the house wouldn't help them.

Zach smiled softly at Alayna and then his parents, glad that the human designer would come. It wouldn't feel right without Alayna, she was just part of the family and he loved having her around.
Grabbing his wallet, he shoved it in his pocket and headed outside, Demitri hot on his heels as he headed towards Kristen's SUV, the only vehicle (besides Maddie's) that could fit all five of them.

"Ready?" He asked curiously, Zach was sitting in the very back of the vehicle, with Maddie and Alayna in the middle and finally Kristen in the passanger seat. He had to drive since no one else (besides Zach) knew where they were going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1x1 with x_fire
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying :: 1x1-
Jump to: