HomeSearchRegisterLog in
November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:20 am

Roy's expression was extremely child-like as Vivi returned his statement with her own agreement. She'd talked to him! He was having a conversation with something, something that talked back. Not the statue in the center of town, but a real living breathing thing.
The look in his wide eyes was awe, and he sat there, staring at her, blood slipping sneakily from the corner of his mouth as he lost his attention to everything but her.
He blinked in a zombie-ish way when she asked him if he was feeling better. Yes? No? Was he? Maybe... a bit, not really...
"Yes," he rasped back, embarrassed by the rustiness of his voice. It had never used to sound like that, right? It couldn't have, he refused to believe he owned such a rough, quite voice.
He watched her intently as she fell into an awkward silence due to his staring. But it wasn't quite, she was making a noise, something he didn't remember hearing before. Like a little drum, giving a steady beat, though it sounded stressed because of the sickness and the fact he'd just fed off her, it still beat strong. Boom boom, boom boom, boom boom...
He lifted a hand slowly, and touched the center of her chest where her heart lay, he looked amazed as the beat travelled up his fingers, so that he not only heard it, but felt it as well. "You're heart," he breathed, "You're heart is making so much noise, are the supposed to do that?"
Yes, of course they are. You're dead, remember? Living things are different, remember? They're bodies are alive...
But he didn't remember much of anything, and he remained spaced out, listening and feeling her head beat as if it soothed him. Though he snapped out of it as soon as the girl spoke again, introducing herself. Talking again. "Vivi," he repeated, watching her stretch out her hand. He tilted his head curiously, the drop of blood that still lingered on the side of his mouth fell along with his movements, until he had a stain in the form of a zigzag. He knew what a handshake was for, he wasn't that clueless, but never-the-less, he looked her hand over before he took it for the fact it would be the first time he remembered shaking a hand.
He lifted his own pale hand slowly and took her's. He smiled lightly, the first time he'd done so in months, probably years. He shook her hand and rasped to her in return, "I don't know my old name, but I call myself Roy now."
He looked over her hand again curiously before letting it go. So warm, soft. He took to watching her again, before he started to ask his own questions. "Did you lose your family too?" He knew he'd had a coven, he'd seen pictures of him with other vampire's lying about in 'his' house, but he didn't know any of them. Didn't know their names, he'd seen nothing but their picture and bodies on the floor. Maybe for the better, that way he didn't grieve their loss.

The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 Penumbanner2 The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 MFa3I
If I don't do anything to differentiate my characters, It leads to realization. Let Down. Disappointment. Incontinence. Bloody Stool. Fainting. Death, Heaven. Reincarnation. Hi I'm back.
-Kohta Hirano (From Hellsing V.2)
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkvampirelord.webs.com/
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Sara's eye lids flickered for a moment as she dragged herself back to reality. She pulled herself up, forcing herself to keep moving, as she walked onward, the familiar, old blanket lay at the base of the tree, forgotten. She walked slowly, almost drunkenly down the road, moving to where there were more cars, in case she needed to hide from the sun in one or something. Besides, in her mind, more cars ment more chance of people, though, if she actually stumbled into someone, she really had no idea what she'd do, how she'd react. Her instincts told her she'd feed, but her mind, her desperately lonely mind told her she'd befriend them. A momen't happiness for a life times, or something. She shook her head, dark hair flying for a moment, before settling back against her shoulders.

She walked slowly, aimlessly, no direction really, just where ever her feet took her. It wasn't like she had anywhere to go, all that drove her forward at this point was her incure-able fear of being alone. She had been alone for months and it was already driving her crazy, years would only make matters worse, so now, desperation had forced her to seek out companionship.
Back to top Go down
http://lonevega.webs.com/
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:02 pm

¬¬¬Vivi lent back when she saw him reach forward, she didn’t know what he was going after but she found out quickly what it was. The center of her chest, her heart. He spoke about it in a way that made her understand that it had been longer than she thought that it had since the Vampire had seen a living thing. Vivi nodded when he asked if it was suppose to do beat. She didn’t know what to say about it, or nothing that couldn’t be taken offensively.
Vivi held her hand out until it was taken though she did shift once, as she debated whether or not the vampire was from a place where they used handshakes. But it was impossible to get to those places now wasn’t it? She didn’t know for sure, but there were so few people. Maybe there weren’t people in those faraway places anymore. Vivi smiled when he took her hand and shook it. His hand was cold, as she had expected it. They said that they were cold to the touch, she was glad that she knew that, she would have never found him in the bodies if she didn’t. “You don’t—you survived it, Roy?” Vivi asked. He didn’t remember his name, that made everything come together, why he was so curious about everything. He didn’t remember.
Vivi slouched over when Roy asked about her family. She remembered them all. All five of them. They were all gone because of the virus. She’d seen them all die. Their faces clear in her head, they wouldn’t ever go way. She would see them until she herself died, who knew how long she had left, but she had found a vampire. So, maybe longer than she thought. “I did.” Vivi finally answered, her voice quavering. She told herself that she wasn’t going to cry. But it never worked that way. Tears started to flow down her checks, quietly at first and then into a sob that shook her body. “I’m sorry.” She choked out though it was hard to tell who the sorry was directed toward.

As he fell to the ground on one knee

For he'd come to wait for his Da at the gate
With a broken toy sword in his hand
From beyond death he'll come with the beat of love's drum
To honour his son and his land"
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:00 pm

"Survived it?" Roy rasped back to her. "Oh, the plague you mean? I don't know, I guess. I'm not dead yet right?" He smiled lightly, though he really didn't have the slightest idea if he'd survived or not. Maybe it was just taking longer for him to die than everyone else? Or maybe he'd just started to suffer from it and had already taken to sever symptoms? No...then why would he wake up to the world being dead? That's what had happened, when your mind blanked out every five minutes you didn't remember anything. Then one day, your brain works better, and you 'wake up' to a dead world. "I survived," he muttered sourly, "If you want to call that a good thing..."
He stopped as Vivi mentioned her family, and broke down. Dam him, not everyone was memoriless. He twitched a bit as she started to cry, clueless as to what to do for her. It was his first conversation afterall. "D-don't cry, he muttered softly. Dam, he'd broken it. He shifted over to her slowly, blinking as she muttered that she was sorry, though if the apology was for him for her lost family he'd never know.
"Don't cry," he muttered again, for a lack of knowing what else to say. He shifted closer to the warm living thing, to the point where he was so close their knees brushed. He tilted his head to look at her, "I cry sometimes too," he muttered softly, "Cause I'm all alone, or I can't remember my own family." He lifted a cold hand and placed it on her shoulder, feeling her warm body quake under stress.
"At least we can be alone together now," he muttered softly. Though he did know living things died, and when they died they didn't come back, like his family. He knew they lived short lives, that he'd out-live Vivi, but at least he could enjoy her company while it lasted.
He watched her cry with a frown, biting his bottom lip and wondering what would make her feel better. What did humans like? Blood? No... Cars? No. Pretty things? Yes, humans liked pretty things. He stood up, wobbled and stumbled his was way off the road to where a patch of wild flower grew, and picked the one he liked the most a big purple dark spotted one with a white patch, it's shape was that of a bell, and it had a name he was yet to know as: Fox Glove. He brought it back to the crying girl and held it out to her. "At least the plants are happy," he muttered softly.

The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 Penumbanner2 The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 MFa3I
If I don't do anything to differentiate my characters, It leads to realization. Let Down. Disappointment. Incontinence. Bloody Stool. Fainting. Death, Heaven. Reincarnation. Hi I'm back.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:09 pm

OOC: I'll post on this tomorrow =] Just gotta work on my post. XD
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:14 am

Sara walked aimlessly, it was always aimless, pointless, this existance. She was still toying with the idea of suicide, but that seemed like just giving up to her, and she really was far to stubborn for that. Distantly, her keen senses caught some noise on the breeze, talking. She frowned, shaking her head, no, no one was there, her mind was playing tricks on her. She inhaled, confused as new, unfamiliar scent washed over the area, so now her nose was playing tricks on her to.
"Stop it" She ordered herself, she had been alone for so long that her mind was trying to convince her there were others, not far away. She couldn't believe that, fall for that, it was fake. She inhaled again, tempted by the scent of fresh blood, though really, it had been so long since she had had fresh blood, that she was, once again convinced that it was fake. She shuddered, standing stock still in the middle of the road, staring dead ahead, looking alomst zombie-like in her trance.
"No.." She murmured, with almost no conviction at all. If there was something there, anything, she had to find it.

She took an unsteady step forward, stumbling over bodies and what not. Her green eyes were centered dead ahead, confused, as she moved. Her arms pinwheeled as she tripped, it wasn't normal for vampires to be so clumsy, but she was, only now, because of her lack of attention. Standing up, she shook her head, before the scent of the blood caught her again, dragging her forward, almost comically. Like a cartoon cat when it smells fish or something of the sort.

OOC: Is it alright if Sara finds Roy and Vivi? I sort of don't have much to post until she gets some interaction.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am

Ooc: Hmm...Well it's hard to say because Movie's still in on this rp too...but, yes, go ahead. Vivi can use a walky talky or something and let Movie's character know she's found some vampires. That give's Movie the ability to jump in without being left behind. ^_^
But to answer you're question more bluntly: Yeah sure, go for it!

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Vivi kept her head down as she cried. Through a blur of tears she saw that Roy had moved closer, but she was shaking enough that she didn’t know if he moved close enough for their knees to brush or if she’d touched him while he moved. Though it was odd she was glad that vampire was trying to console her. Since the group split up she would have to cry alone and she was sure that her group did the same. She was sad that it was still the same for Roy.
Vivi reached out and touched Roy’s shoulder in return to him touching hers. He too must need some kind of consoling then too. He may not have remembered the suffering of his family, but he remembered that he had one, and that was enough to cause grief.
Alone together. That was an odd phrase, but it made sense. She would never know what it would be like to forget her own family, and somehow remember that they existed, but not their names. He would not remember what it was like to watch someone that he loved and cared for, deteriorate from the virus. Forget his name, throw up blood, and slowly die. But both situations caused grief and they were together in that.
Vivi’s arm dropped limply to her side when Roy got up. She whimpered quietly, her sob turning into a hiccup like noise. “Don’t leave.” She whimpered trying to catch his pant leg but he was out of her reach. So she tried to follow him, but she was tired earlier, and the adrenaline was wearing off. She stumbled and fell, only able to pull herself to a sitting position before her body screamed in protest. She’d convinced herself that he was leaving. But he came back. “Why’d you go?” She whimpered. She saw it before he said anything. The dark purple and white flower, bell shaped. He held it out to her and she smiled, though tears still rolled down her face. He was trying to cheer her up not leave her. “F-fox glove?” She asked taking the flower from him, stroking stem and then the petals. “T-thank you.” She sniffled, putting the flower to her nose. The sweet smell of the flower didn’t drown out the stench but it helped even if it was just a little.
The plants were happy ,they were more than that. They were the only thing that was growing rapidly. The virus didn’t attack them. Just those with DNA like vampires. The Fox Glove, the chest high grass, these things proved that unless the cure for the virus was successful the plants would be what would rule the world. Growing ungroomed and untouched.
Unless the virus got them too. The world was falling apart.

Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Being the cold vampiric creature that Roy was, he didn't stop to comfort Vivi when he went to get the flower, or even address her sorrow until he'd finished his task. He wandered back over, seeing Vivi laying on the floor, sobbing for fear she'd be abandoned.
He saw her look up and request to know where he'd gone, and he answered with one word for a lack of wanting to use his terrible sounding voice, "Present." But when he gave her the flower, she did seem to perk up, though she remained on the floor.
Gentle arms scooped the girl up and sat her upright again. He watched her sniff the flower, and he angled his head to sniff at it himself. Nice smell, better than what he was used too, and sadly, the smell of decay was all he'd ever known, well, all he remembered. He didn't know fresh air, just out of control plants, decay, and wreckage. Up until this point he thought he was the only 'living' thing left.
"Fox Glove?" he repeated curiously, looking at the flower, it certainly didn't resemble gloves, but what was a fox again? Dog-like orange thing? That sounded right. It was so strange, knowing the word but forgetting the proper definition, though he normally remembered when he saw it. To bad it wasn't like that with names.
He'd sat in his house, staring at the decaying bodies of his unknown family members, trying with all his might to remember their names. He got the word 'vampire' and that was all.
"I'm sorry I brought it up, I didn't mean to hurt you. But things will get better, you'll see. Things always get better one way or another..."
He paused, watching Vivi quietly a moment before muttering, "Do...do you know why everything is dying Vivi? I feel like I should know...but I don't." At this point he'd shifted to sit right beside her, so that his side was pressed against her's, because he found it comforting. He liked the warmth she put off, the constant noise her body made. Something else was doing things besides him, and it was extremely comforting for a creature that woke up alone in the still, quiet, dying world.
"You know," he muttered with a smile, "I suppose the earth's dying isn't all that bad...I mean, for the first time in existence, a vampire got to hang out in a church without getting hurt." He knew his kind wasn't supposed to go in churches, mostly because at the time he'd wandered around alone, he'd seen and tried to enter the church a couple times before it energy had worn off. He'd gotten hurt each time he tried until the energy floated away, and he did like it in there. The windows were so beautiful, the stone walls, the red carpets, he stone statues, though he didn't know what was up with the morbid scene of a guy hanging from a cross. He'd figured the man a vampire, and the church some sort of anti-vampire club.
"I used to talk to the statues a lot too, I liked the stone lady dressed in robes holding a book, and the angels. I liked the angels too..." He glanced at Vivi to see if she was still in tears.
"Please don't cry anymore. What was you name again? Vivi?" He repeated it over an over for fear of forgetting her as well. "I like your name, very pretty... You you want to sit in a car or something? Somewhere not covered in bodies? I bet-"
He was cut off as his head lifted sharply and his red eyes fixed on the horizon. In the faintest of distances, he was sure he heard footsteps, something running... He scented the air, narrowed his eyes and looked puzzled. He smelled something, something like him...but not. It smelled...clean, if that was the right word. What was puzzling him was the fact that he'd only ever smelled sick people, to smell someone who wasn't contaminated with the virus caught him off guard and almost scared him.
"Something...something strange is coming," he muttered softly looking confused and spooked.

Last edited by Blacksoal on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Sara rounded the top of the small hill, her mouth open wide, as if she could taste the fresh scent. The closer she got, the more she was aware that it was two beings, one being like her, well sort of, and the other a human. She paused, seeing the two figures, she frowned, narrowing her startling green eyes, before snapping her mouth closed. Gods, the scent of the human, so tempting, so very tempting. She took an axious step forward, before taking another, moving slowly closer to the two, before coming to a stop a safe distance away, but still close enough to see them clearly, and for them to see her. Her eyes dialated as she stared at the girl, fangs sliding from behind her upper-lip subconciously. The first fresh blood she had scented in so long, and all she wanted to do was attack it. Instinctively of course, because mentally, she didn't want to harm either of them, lest she ruin her chance for companionship. It felt as if she had been standing there for hours, though in reality it was only moments, before she opened her mouth, uttering a soft, anti-climactic 'hi'.

Stepping back, she waited, hands in front of her, for the two to respond. Mortal and vampire, sitting side by side, it was strange to see, but she almost felt better knowing that they weren't trying to kill eachother. In all the carnage, it was nice to see them sitting, talking, no killing, screaming, burning, nothing dangerous. It felt almost oxymoronish. She chuckled, looking dazed as her own mind continued to amuse her.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:44 am

ooc: I can just drop if you guys need me too seeing as I'm only able to get on like once a week XD

Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:08 am

Ooc: no way, join up with us whenever Movies (=

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Vivi kept her face shoved in the flower, it smelled far better than that stench, anything would. Vivi looked up at Roy when He said he was sorry. “No, no. It’s okay. I-I just miss them.” Vivi said quietly. It was far more complicated than that but she shoved those memories back. Roy wanted her to stop crying. Vivi sniffed and rubbed her eye’s keeping the fox glove in her hands. “I guess they will.” She looked down, her hair falling in front of her face hiding it. “I’ll forget. I’ll forget everything.” Vivi shook her head, before falling silent. She cried for a while more unable to stop completely, but they weren’t wracking sobs, just quiet tears followed by a sniff. She wasn’t quiet she when she stopped, she had a feeling that she had dozed off somewhere, probably more than once. The Virus was taking its hold, making her tried.
Vivi looked up when Roy asked why everything was dying. He’d moved closer, touching her side against his. She hadn’t noticed the cold, because her mind was elsewhere when he moved. She shivered slightly. Though she didn’t enjoy him being close, touch was a human need, one that she was lacking. Vivi looked back down. She didn’t know how to answer his question. How could you tell someone that you were the reason everything was dying. Vivi pulled at her shirt sleeve thinking, but Roy had moved on to a different subject, and she still didn’t know how to say it.
Vivi smiled when Roy talked about going into churches and what he liked. “I liked the windows.” Vivi said. She couldn’t remember many of the stories that when with what the church thought. Her mom would tell her and her brothers and sisters these stories, but they were fading like the holiness of the churches. Vivi did remember something which she muttered without thinking about it. “Thou shall not kill.” What have we done.” Vivi looked up she hadn’t noticed that Roy was repeating her name, and then he commented on how it was pretty. She smiled at that comment. “Roy is nice too.” She commented.
Vivi was about to open her mouth to answer Roy’s question about the car but he had stopped mid sentence, and stared of into the distance. He looked confused, puzzled. “Human?” She asked looking off in the direction of where Roy was looking, but she couldn’t see or hear anything, but what Roy had heard came into view. She watched quietly. Unsure of what to do and despite all the excitement she was exhausted. Fighting to keep herself awake, even in possible danger. Vivi heard a faint ‘hi’ Or she thought that that was what they said. “Hello.” Vivi replied, barely lifting her hand above her leg to wave.

Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Roy frowned at Vivi's sadness, he knew she missed her family, and he did wish he could make them come back for her, but he couldn't. Then she said something that, because of his experience, was almost offensive. She'll just forget everything. That was better? No...no it wasn't, he'd rather remember, be able to grieve and know who he was grieving over, remember his life, his world, butt he didn't, and he'd never know again. He frowned, stared at the floor, aware of Vivi's discomfort at his closeness, but it didn't matter, she could push him off if he bothered her to much he needed the social interaction, it was his first after all. But maybe Humans didn't like being close like this? Maybe he was making her feel awkward...How would he know?
He stared at Vivi watching her, trying to read her. She was thinking about his other question on why the world was like this. Maybe she didn't know either? So they were both on the same page then.
"The windows," he made a satisfactory noise in the back of his throat, "The way the moon shines through them is marvellous. So beautiful..." He stopped to look at Vivi with wide eyes at her next comment. 'Thou Shall not kill...' he remembered that, he remembered it from something... Where was that from?
"What have we done?" he breathed back to her. We? Who was we? Him and her? The whole world? Just her race? He frowned, so she did know and it was something to be ashamed about by her expression. But he didn't get to ask for the stranger that had come to them.
At Vivi's question his small voice replied back coolly, "No, a vampire of some sort most definitely...but, she's different smelling."
He watched her come into sight, stand before them and greet them. He stared at her like a deer in headlights, his whole world toppling at the sight of her. What was wrong with her? Where where her black rings? Her deathly pale skin? Her sunken in cheeks an aura of illness? Why did she smell like that? Was she broken? Or...maybe, he and Vivi were the ones who were broken, because there was only one word that come to his mind for her: healthy.
"Healthy," he voiced like a clueless child. Though he was beginning to notice the black in her eye, not around it, her hunger, and the way she eyed up poor wounded Vivi. He started to notice Vivi's lack of energy, and flinched, an arm wrapped around her protectively as he looked up at the vampire.
"Hello, don't eat Vivi. She's my friend." It came in Vivi's own luck, that Roy found her before Sara, because if it had been the other way around Vivi would have most definitely been a lunch. But Vivi was not the first real thing he'd conversed with, first real thing he'd sat with, encouraged, helped, and he was not giving her up for the new, probably more permanent company choice.
"Don't hurt her," he rasped more determinedly to the new vampire, meeting her eyes to eye in all seriousness, because if she did attack, Roy would probably fight against her to his death. But he also knew, that it would be his death if he fought, because with this healthy vampire, he was about as weak as a human with a minor cold, nothing bothersome to a vampire, but at least he could give Vivi time to get away, or fed the vampire and give her new company.

Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Sara looked from Vivi to Roy, eyes flickering worried, before she shook her head.
"No, no I won't hurt her" She murmured softly, glancing at Roy, "I couldn't" She said, though she didn't understand why he kept muttering about her health.
"Healthy? Me? I suppose I am" She said softly, chuckling and letting her dark hair fall into her eyes. She couldn't believe she had found company, not after so many months alone.
"I-I'm sorry if I scared you" She murmured, looking at the human, "But, I've been alone for so long, I-I was hoping I could stay with you" She looked like a lost, confused child. Her hands went instantly to clutch at her blankets, only to find it gone. Horrified, her eyes grew wide, breaking past the healthy appearance barrier to the whole, she was broken, mentally broken.
"Oh" She gasped, slowly sinking to the ground in the middle of the road, her eyes scouring the road, searching for her blanket.
"I lost it' She whimpered, looking hurt, she couldn't handle that, she looked devestated, her lovely face a mask of confused pain. Her mind hurt, it was screaming at her,s creaming at her in the voices of her dead family, basically telling her she had lost the one thing they had left her. She didn't say anything else, just curled up around her legs, looking almost destroyed, upset. She didn't want to be here, she couldn't, not without her blanket. Her eyes flickered, and suddenly a single tear rolled down her pale, flawless cheek. She didn't know what to do. Years ago, a lost possession wouldn't upset her, but now, now she was seriously upset by this loss.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:49 pm

“Healthy..?” Vivi asked, confused. She didn’t know that was possible. A healthy vampire, since when? The virus, the virus attacked everything that was walking. Vivi blinked her eyelids heavy with fatigue. She tried to pay attention to what was going on but she was drifting, quickly. Vivi caught that Roy was defending her, she was glad for that, at least she had someone who cared for her now.
Vivi’s gaze drifted towards Roy when he put his arm around her, she was surprised that he had gone that far to show that he was protecting her. She shivered due to his body temperature but it did make her feel safe somehow. She blinked once before drifting off this time for a longer period of time, only drawn out when she subconsciously heard a whimper.
Vivi blinked she was unsure of what had happened. The vampire looked fine but now she looked broken, upset, devastated. Vivi didn’t realize that she’d fallen asleep. She couldn’t muster up enough strength to move herself to comfort the vampire, which was probably a good thing seeing as she probably still smelled like fresh blood. “What’s wrong?” Vivi asked glancing at Roy and Sara, hoping for an answer from one of them.

Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Roy frowned, loosening his arm on Vivi's shoulders a moment as the new vampire stated she wasn't going to hurt her. Why she couldn't was beyond his understanding, as was she. The fact she'd told him she was healthy confused him even more, and opened tens of thousands of unanswered questions for his mind. She wasn't sick, wasn't dead, she'd never been sick... how? How was that possible? Everything was sick... sick, or getting sick, or dead. That was how it was. Roy's expression was extremely confused and concerned looking as he stared at the female vampire as if she sacred him, because she did, a bit.
He was so caught up in trying to decode this impossible being that he didn't answer her can i stay with you question. But of course she could, Roy was still desperate for company, he'd take anything and everything handed to him.
He jumped sharply as the vampire gasped and melted down, he shrunk back a bit, as if he'd given up protecting Vivi and become more interested in protecting himself for this strange impossible thing that he did not understand. The fact she was acting out only made him more confused and disorientated. He shook his head at Vivi as she asked what was wrong. He didn't know, Didn't even want to try. This new company was broken, not him or Vivi, she was. He was certain now. He watched her cry drop onto the ground and curl up like a withering spider. The sudden action was enough to make him bare his fangs and hiss at her in a self-defensive warning. He let his arm leave Vivi's shoulders as she seemed to not need teh support now that she'd woken from her nap.
He hesitated, then slowly rose and wandered over to the new vampire. He watched her, standing over her with a thoroughly confused expression and tapped her lightly with his foot to bring her attention away from her melt down.
"Are you crying because you lost your family too?" he asked quietly.

Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Sara's entired body stiffened at the sound of hissing, and then as someone touched her, she slid back, rolling to her feet with insane speed, eyes narrowed. She relaxed isntantly as she saw it was the sick vampire, a small frown on her face.
"Lost my family? All of them, dead because of the virus" She said, wincing a bit and shaking her head.
"I'm sorry" She breathed, staggering back, "I-I lost something" She murmured, "That belonged to my brother' She couldn't really explain any more then that, not if she wanted to remain sounding some what sane, She looked Roy over curiously, a small frown on her face for a moment, before shaking her head and trying to get ahold of herself. She inhaled the scent of the blood again, shaking for a moment in order to control herself. The temptation was nearly over whelming right now, but she didn't want to ruin her chances here.

She glanced at Vivi again, rubbing her eyes, "Nothing's wrong, I-" She cut off, shaking her head.
"I'm Sara" She murmured gently, shaking her head and glancing around, twitching almost. She couldn't understand what was going on, her mind didn't comprehend it very well. She shook her head, "Sorry, I'm easily distracted" She murmured, fingering the hole in her jeans.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:44 pm

“You lost something?” Vivi asked. “We could go back and look for it but..” Vivi glanced at the sky, checking where the stars had moved to. “The sun will be coming back soon.” Vivi said quietly. “There’s a forest back there.” Vivi said pointing. It was at that point that she remembered that she was still bleeding. Gravity was pulling it to flow the other way and she could feel its warmth over her cool skin.
Vivi glanced at Sara. She had to be hungry. She had to be able to smell it, maybe even see it. She doubted that she could give more without becoming lightheaded, disoriented, and possibly faint. “I’m sorry.” Vivi said pulling her backpack off. She set it in her lap, unzipping and digging through it. After riffling for awhile she found what she was looking for. Gauze. She doubted that it would mask the sent but she could at least try. Vivi wrapped the gauze around the wound that she had opened for Roy.
“Vivi.” She said holding her hand out to Sara. She would have moved closer to her and offered, but if they were going to have to walk back to the woods now she was going to need the energy that she had gotten from her power nap. The virus wasn’t going to let her keep it long, and she would be falling a lot in the dark, that was inevitable. “It’s okay.” Vivi said. “There’s a lot going on.” That was the truth. She didn’t know how long it had been since Sara saw a living thing, but for Roy it had been a long time. It had to be a lot to take in. Vivi too could have sworn that she was becoming tired faster, but that was probably just the virus.

Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Sara's lightning fast reaction startled the sluggish and sickly vampire. Roy let out a submissive, squeak-like noise, and stumbled back, almost falling over, covering his head with his hands as if he thought there were an earthquake. But her expression did not remain aggressive, and he straightened himself out, feeling embarrassed over his reaction. He wasn't shocked or surprised when she mentioned her family was dead, and curiously he replied back.
"So why aren't we then? Isn't this virus supposed to kill everything? Some divine purge?" He'd read that in the newspapers in his town, about the virus, though he hadn't found new ones, only old ones talking about it's backfiring and precautions. Though he did know it originally had started with vampires, which made him feel guilty somehow, even though he was very sure he'd caught it, not spread it. But what did he know? Nothing, you forgot it all remember? Or right, you can't.
He winced a bit, and muttered back to Sara, "My family's dead too. But I found Vivi, and you I guess, so now we can have a new family right?"
He ignored the lost something comment, or just didn't chose to pay attention to it when Vivi mentioned the sun coming up soon. Though Myths stated the sun burned vampire's to a crisp, it was only half true. Vampire's had no skin pigment, didn't produce any either, no pigment, no protection. A sun sensitive vampire could only burn, not tan, and if they were stuck in the sun's way for 12+ hours, they might gather a few third degree burns, which was bad and also stupid. About as stupid as seeing how long you'd last in an oven.
It was for that reason that vampires were nocturnal.
Roy sighed, "I'd like to see the forests. You think there'll be birds? Maybe mice and things too?" He looked hopeful, but he didn't feel hopeful.
He watched Vivi mend herself and wandered over, "Can I help you?" he asked softly, though the smell of fresh blood was overpowering and taunting, he was determined to gain her trust. His eyes locked on a bead of blood that strolled down her wounded wrist.
"Lick it," he stated suddenly, he became embarrassed as soon as he said it, but it was almost instinctual wasn't it? To lick a wound? He licked his lips a moment, fidgeted and added, "I-I mean...if you want too that is... I could lick it for you." That didn't help at all, that just made things worse. He made a frustrated huff at himself as he eyes remained locked on her wounds.

Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Sara glanced from Roy to Vivi, "New Family?" She shrugged, unsure of what to say. She wanted a new family, but how could she, what if something happened to them? Se sighed, shaking her head, before nodding.
"Yea, maybe" She looked at Roy again as he began to talk about the virus, but he really didn't seem to know anything.
"Roy, some of us survived the virus, some of us are recovering" She shrugged, "Just like any illness, some are immune, like me" She murmured, shaking her head, "Humans started the virus to try and get rid of vampires, but it backfired, it was to powerful, it came after everything, everything living" She said softly, looking at him with a small smile. Poor guy didn't seem to remember anything. She glanced towards the forest, "I don't think there are going to be many animals" She murmured softly, looking at him as he tried to help Viv. She stayed back, not wanting to go near them, since the blood, the blood was so tempting. She inhaled again, frowning at Roy's comment, jealousy flashed in her eyes for a moment. He was trying to lick it, and she wanted to, more then anything. Her hands balled at her sides for a moment, before she let them fall to her side, trying to force the emotions away.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Vivi pulled her knees up to her chest. “She’s right.” Her voice muffled because she’d buried her face into her arms.”I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” She was about to cry again. She was upset that her race had decided to take out another. That wasn’t right, no matter what they did. Vivi shook her head, trying to shake away the tears. “Sara’s right. The forest has been quiet for some time.” She said sadly, coughing a few times before she continued on. “If there are birds are around they don’t sing anymore. Everything’s sick.” Vivi smiled slightly. “But it does smell a little bit better.”
Vivi looked up at Roy when he offered to help. She stopped wrapping the wound for a minute. “No. No I’ve got it. It’s not bad. It’ll stop.”
“Lick it…?” Vivi blinked, she understood linking small wounds, like a paper cut but not something so big. She was still caught off guard when he offered to lick it. She seemed to of forgotten momentarily that both Sara and Roy wanted her blood. She could see that Sara wanted to be the one who could lick her blood, Roy had at least had some but who knew how long it had been since Sara had fresh blood. She did wish that she had more to give.“No I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Vivi said quietly, wrapping the gauze around her wrist. Vivi knew the scarcity of their food source. She’d fed Roy earlier, when she saw him go down, but doing it again in such a short period would be dangerous for her. The virus was going to take hold faster now if she was going to continue to give her blood to the vampires. How she was going to manage feeding two was going to be impossible. Vivi tore the gauze and tucked in the loose end. “ I wish… I wish…” Vivi shook her head, no better not to mention food. “Never mind.” She said shaking her head.
Vivi looked suddenly sicker. She tried to get up but she fell once and resorted to crawling the farthest away that she could, which was only two to three feet, before heaved up her stomach, not that there was much to lose. She was never going to get used to the smell. Vivi coughed, wiped her mouth and crawled back to where she was sitting before. “Sorry.” Vivi mumbled.

Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Roy's eyes widened as Sara sputtered the cold truth in his face, and Vivi broke down, as if she herself were responsible for it, and who knew? Maybe she was for all he remembered. He stared at Vivi in a bit of a state of shock.
So what? He'd just met, comforted, defended, even with the exception of loosing his life, a vampire murderer? Someone, maybe the one, responsible for his lose of family, memory, and basically his all around life. He continued to stare at Vivi, stand in front of her stiffly, and blank out into his own mind, so that he missed Vivi's reply on licking her cut, missed her speech on wishing without and answer. But what did grab his attention was her throwing up, and at that he realized, that despite what she might have done, there was no need to resent her, because at the moment, she was facing the same pains he was, that she would eventually lose her life in confusion and fear and not return like so many already.
He watched her apologise and sighed. "You apologise a lot you know," he muttered softly, knelling over, "No ones going to get frustrated with you if you have to throw up. How are you? Can you walk?" He didn't really wait for her to answer before he'd scooped her up gently in his thin arms, grunted due to the state of his own virus weakened body, even stumbled a bit before he returned to a more stable state. He glanced at Sara and muttered softly, "You're coming with us right? I'd like you too. That way I know I'm not the only living vampire left on earth."
He glanced at Vivi and smiled softly, "It's alright you know, if you're still feeling sick, we'll stop for you."
With that said he wandered off towards the woods, shivering a bit as he started to feel the heat of the morning on his back. He glanced back at Sara, willing her to come too. But if she didn't he wouldn't follow her. As previously stated, he'd found Vivi first, and it was Vivi he'd follow like a daft dog at his master's heels. Though Vivi was in no way his master.

Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Sara watched Vivi, sadly she'd heard the speech before, and she was done with listening to it. She glanced at Roy, watching him scoop up the girl, though in his own weakened state he seemed barely able to hold her. Shaking her head, she walked over, following after the two as they headed into the woods. She kept her distance, because, well, the scent of the human was nearly overwhelming and she didn't want to do something she'd regret. She rubbed her eyes, sighing in an almost annoyed fashion, not really sure what to do. She looked at Roy, green eyes narrowing slightly for a moment, before she continued to follow, she wasn't mad at them, but to see a vampire so enslaved to a human bothered her immensely. That's what she saw after all, not Roy's inner working mind, she had seen a vampire defend a human, and now, potentially forsake his own kind to stay with her. She shook her head, pushing the thoughts away, not wanting to seem cruel, but her nature had done that to her. She, after all, was definately one of the vampires the virus would have been created over, her and her coven, and thousands, if not hundreds of thousands like her.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 pm

[[So These will probably be sad, sad posts until I get back into the swing, but I'll hopefully be around for a while *crosses fingers*]]
Vivi looked up when Roy told her she apologized too much. “I’m s—“ She stopped mid sentence turning her head away from Roy and Sara as she dry heaved. “Sorry.” She finished sounded frustrated. Roy had asked her if she could walk but she didn’t get to reply before he picked her up. She appreciated that though, she shivered slightly from the difference of their body temperatures. “No I don’t think so.” Vivi said. There was too much going on now and she was exhausted, despite her power nap.
Vivi glanced back at Sara, blinking sleepily. “I’d like you to some with too.” Vivi said quietly. She didn’t think that it would matter if she wanted her to come with or not. Sara knew the truth best, and if she would much rather eat her…well she knew why.
Vivi smiled slightly when she saw that Sara was following them. “Oh.. Wait…” She said trying to sit up, though it didn’t work out so well because she was being carried. “My pack.” She needed it, her survival--- or prolonged survival--- depended on it. Her pack was sitting on the ground where she was sitting before, the fox glove that Roy had given her earlier, perched on the top.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)   The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Virus (Almost Lit/Lit+)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying-
Jump to: