Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

1X1 with Fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

1X1 with Fire - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Zach read labels, green eyes scanning the words as he held the a red plastic basket with a few medical items. He had the bandages in, some alcohol to clean up the wound, and a pain killer pills bottle. He pulled out a twenty and headed to the checkout. A elderly lady stood there and she kind of woke up when Zach thumped the basket onto the counter, "Uh, I'm ready."
"Yea, I can see." She mumbled grabbing each item to scan. He glanced around to see a small cooler fridge with drinks and decided to get a water bottle. Zach came back over and she summed up everything. He walked out with the bag in his hand and glanced around to see only a few people and he took off down the street as fast as he could.

"Well, the largest crate, eh? It's about two hundred." The clerk said patting the tan plastic contained crate. Soren nodded her head and pulled out the money, "I got enough." He seemed to give her weird look at first but he nodded and grabbed it from here, "It should be light to carry." She picked it up right away and said a thank you before walking out, the bells jinglingfrom the top of the doorway as she left. The man placed the money in his cash machine and rubbed his head, "Must have some rich parents to get that much." He dismissed the thought and went back to work.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Keith shivered, he wasn't cold, just anxious. He shook his head, looking around, holding Sara lightly. He stroked her head absentmindedly, she was shivering, not that he could do anything about it. She was probably cold, and he knew her fur was wet from blood, so she was cold, but his jacket was asll he had. He glanced around for Zach and Soren, hoping they'd hurry up.

"Son?" A voice rang out behind him, Keith stiffened, covering Sara as much as he could with the jacket.
"Son?"
"What?" Keith responded, turning to look at the eldery homeless man.
"Got any spare change?" He asked, smiling toothlessly.
"No, sorry man" He murmured, shaking his head and trying to relax, though this made him beyond tense.
"Oh, you got a dog there?" The man asked, looking at the lump on Keith's lap.
"Yea, she's sleeping though" Keith said, trying not to get to defensive.
"Ah, well, thanks anyway son" He murmured, waving and rattling off down the street.
Back to top Go down
http://lonevega.webs.com/
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:27 pm

He turned a corner avoiding a lady pushing a metal cart as Zach ran down the street, his shoes speeding over the side walk. Keith was in sight, and he slowed down, once Zach made it to the bench, he leaned over to catch his breath and he stood up, "Hey...I'm back...with the stuff." Zach spoke between breaths. The clinging of metal rattled from down the street and Soren appeared with the large crate, holding the handle with both of her hands, she slowed down her run and placed it down on the ground and smiled, "Found one."
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Keith jumped at Zach's sudden appearance.
"Awesome" He murmured, glancing up at Soren and smiling, "Good" He glanced at the crate.
"Alright, um, should we get her set up inside and then find a hotel?" He asked, pulling back his jacket and putting it inside the kennel, before placing the unconcious lynx on top. Sara was shivering, her side was streaked with blood, she looked awful.
"We gotta look at the wound" He murmured, but he wanted to be inside, where it was warm, safer. He waited to see what the others would say, as he locked the cage door in place.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:21 pm

"Better somewhere warm and safe, I agree." Soren spoke as Zach looked through the bag, checking through the items, "Let's hurry then if we're going to find a hotel, even if it's a small one out here with a two star rating, at least somewhere where we can wash off the blood, dress the wound, and have some time to rest and for Sarah to heal and gained her strenght back."
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Keith nodded, looking around.
"Did you guys happen to see any while you were wandering around?" He asked, carefully lifting the carrier, thankfully Sara wasn't heavy, but the cage was cumbersome. He sighed, shaking his head and begining to walk forward rather aimlessly. He really had no idea where he was going. He nodded, "I dunno how long she'll take to recover, I guess we'll find out when we take the bandages off" He shuddered, "Gods" He murmured, not sure if he could handle that. Worse came to worse, Zach and Soren could.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:08 pm

The two followed quickly after him looking behind and Zach piped up, breaking the silence around them, "Just a couple of homeless people, but they didn't look like a threat to me, so I guess they're nothing to worry."
"No one, my pathway was clear." His sister murmured as she glanced around, blue eyes shifting from side to side.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:12 pm

"That's good" Keith said, shaking his head and sighing.
"Um, any idea where any hotels are?" He murmured, Sara was half-awake now, whimpering softly. Though she seemed to fall back asleep again.
"And, er, the sooner the better" Keith said, looking down at the cage, "Since, I dunno how long she'll tolerate the cage, when she's awake" He said, looking worriedly between his two friends.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Both siblings nodded and Soren took off running ahead of them as Zach gestured her to run off, he turned to Keith and gave a small nod, "She'll be back soon, went to run ahead to see if there is a place to cozy in at for the night."
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Keith nodded, "Sounds good to me" He mumbled, shaking his head and glancing down at the crate Sara was in.
"Man, I still can't believe this happened" He murmured, looking at Zach with a shaken expression.
"I mean, I know Sara's stubborn as hell, but they were so close, they could have gotten any of us" He was definately not impressed with what had happened. And the fact Sara was ripped open, with an injury he wasn't sure he wanted to see, concerned him even more.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:04 pm

He nodded his head quietly also remebering another time they nearly made it out alive from a mall as they police found the four roaming. Zach remembered his sister got nicked on the shoulder with a bullet, having it graze close to her neck as well. They could die any time any where knowing everywhere they go won't be safe for them to stick around for long. He got lost in his thoughts and his train of thought broke when his heard rapid footsteps. Soren appeared from around a corner and leaned against a building, taking in huge deep breaths. He ran over to her and she gave a tired nod, "Found...one...two...blocks...from here." She managed to speak.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Keith nodded, "Well let's go" He murmured, gesturing for Soren to lead the way. He sighed, seeing the hotel as they approached, Leaving Sara with Zach and Soren, he went and got the room.
"Come on" He mumbled, yawning tiredly and picking the crate back up, "It's got three beds, though one's a pull out. I can take that one" He said, using the key he had recieved to open the door and pushing it open, he stumbled in, setting the crate down by the pull-out couch. He sighed, flopping down and opening the front of the cage, wondering what to do now.
"Well, it's not much, but it'll do" He said, looking around the room. Thankfully he had managed to get one with a small cooking unit, so they could boil water and what not, if needed.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Zach flicked open the light into the bathroom peering in it as Soren noted the small table with the two chairs, and dumped her bag on it, flopping down on a bed, "This bed feels like a cloud to me." She murmured into the comforter, face down. Zach sat down on the edge of the bed where Soren was at and shrugged off his jacket, "Well, this place isn't too shabby." His sister got up, and she walked into the bathroom locking the door behind her. Her brother watched Soren and he turned to Keith, "So, let's start treating Sara, we can't let the wound get infected."
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Keith nodded, sucking in a breath and carefully removing Sara from the kennel. He inhaled the scent of fresh blood, nearly gagging.
"Man, I can't believe someone would do this" He murmured softly, putting Sara on the table. Her eye lids flickered, and she glanced around, growling half-heartedly at the two of them. Instinct of course, before head wavered for a moment and fell back against her paws.
"I don't think she even knows who we are right now" He murmured, shaking his head and carefully reaching for the bandage.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 2:19 pm

"Her vision could be blurred a bit, but I hope it will wear off once she gains much more strenght back." Zach said as he pulled out the medical stuff from the bag. He opened the roll of the bandage, and began to unravel a lenght, snipping it. He got the alcohol bottle, placed a cloth on the top and tipped it upside down to let the liquid flow in the white rag. Soren came out of the bathroom, blue contacts gone from her green eyes and her nose scrunched a bit at the smell but she didn't say anything. She came over to sit on the bed close by and watched the two.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Keith gagged, swallowing painfully as he finally got the bloodsoaked bandage removed from Sara. Her entire side was sliced open, not stiched not anything. He could see her bloody organs. He winced, gaping at the hole in her side.
"What the hell did they do?" He said, looking at the injury with a sad, horrified expression. No wonder Sara was so bloody flipped out and whimpering, it was a freaking wonder she wasn't dead. He gently pushed back the fur around the injury, they hadn't even bothered to shave it back, in order to keep the wound clean.
"Gods" He said, looking closer at the injury, "It's infected for sure" He said, shaking his head sadly.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 2:28 pm

"Let's hurry then and fix it up then before the infection gets worse. Soren get a wet cloth so we can clean up." He asked his sister as Zach turned to her. She nodded dashing into the bathroom and came back out with a towel, dampened, "Here." He thanked her and turned to Keith, "Let' get this done." He gently wraped one end of the towel around his hand, and used the other to begin wipping off the loose fur that was all over the wound.
"Tell me if it starts to hurt Sara." He murmured quietly.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Keith held Sara gently, as the small lynx was hissing and spitting at them, her claws retracting on Keith's hand, which hurt like hell.
"I think it hurts" He grumbled, shaking his head at his sister, who was still trying to scramble away. "She's not trying to be a pain in the ass" He said softly, "She's all instinct when she's hurt, and we're causing her pain" He said, shaking his head and catching Sara again as she tried to make a dash for it.
"Soren, help Zach please, I'll hold her still" He said softly, pressing Sara onto the table carefully.
"You might have to get rid of some of her fur, so it doesn't get in the wound or something" He said, "Sterelize the area or whatever"
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:07 am

She nodded her head quietly, then grabbed another rag and began to help her brother as his began to be covered in blood and loose fur. Zach rolled it up and tossed it into the waste basket close by.
"We're going to have to dispose of that bag before leaving here. We can't afford having the maids see it in there." He murmured looking at the wound closely as his sister rubbed off the last of it.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Keith grimaced at the scent of blood rolling off of his sister.
"I'll take them down to a dumpster later tonight" He said, shaking his head, eyes adverted. He winced, "How bad is it?' He asked, unwilling to look at the injury marring Sara's side. She was so tiny in this form, and it just looked brutal seeing her so messed up. He bit his lip, blinking back the onslaught of tears, though he managed to compose himself.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 am

"They got her pretty good, but I'm sure she'll be fine as the wound heals over time," Zach murmured running his hand through his hair, "But we can't afford to be running around a lot now, since Sara might struggle for a few days before she gains total strenght back."
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Keith nodded, "Well, that's reassuring" He murmured, his voice soft as he looked at his sister. She looked beyond tiny and helpless in her cat form, though he knew she'd shift back soon, once she had healed a bit.
"Guess we just lay low, chill here for a few days, until she's up to running around again" He said, releasing the now asleep girl, and flopping onto the couch, looking worn and tired.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Soren gave a sigh, and kicked off her shoes before laying down on the bed, "I feel all icky."
"Go take a bath, you might feel better afterwards." Her brother murmured as he began to clean up the mess, walking around the room making sure the floor was spotless or at least the cleanest it can be.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Keith sighed, helping Zach clean up the room, a small frown on his face.
"Well, this had been a bloody bad day" He muttered, wiping a cloth over the table that Sara had been lying on. She was now wrapped up in his jacket, lying on the couch, still asleep. He glanced at Zach, "Thanks again" He said, his voice constricting for a moment, before he got ahold of himself.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:06 pm

"No problem, what are friends for?" He gave a small smile, "Anyways, we gotta survive together, can't afford to loose anybody. And now we're going to have to be careful since we're bunkering in the hotel for a few days." Zach released a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1X1 with Fire    1X1 with Fire - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1X1 with Fire
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next