HomeSearchRegisterLog in
November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Roleplay Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:12 pm

Roleplay Rules
1 - Stick to the original Forum Rules
2 - Romance is ok. But please leave out the sexy-time =)
3 - No godmoding, and if someone is please mail them politely and explain to them what it is and why it's bad, they most likely just don't know it's wrong
4 - Please do not attempt to control another person's character or harm them without giving them a chance to dodge
5 - If you want to make sure that people who join your RP to have a certain degree of experience, please use the tags (lit) or (semi-lit+) in your title. This is explained fully a few posts down.
6 - If your role play is not based on an original idea and characters, please put what kind of roleplay it is in square brackets. If is a mix of various stories, please put the word mix in there. Examples would be: [Pokemon] or [Anime Mix] or [Twilight] or [Media Mix].
7 - Please leave your roleplays on the board and not through private message so they can be monitored.

Roleplay Sections
1x1 - any roleplays that are for two people only

Last edited by Iceycreamy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:35 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and Grammar)
Back to top Go down
https://sentrionuniversity.forumotion.net
Movie
Verifier
Movie

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:25 pm

hey icey, can we use words from other languages as long as I put the english by them? (sometimes the polish comes automatic XD) But I get it if you say no too! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.mythodreas.com/profiles.php?user=movie
illuminada
Verifier
illuminada

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re:   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:43 pm

What is godmodding?

Last edited by illuminada on Tue May 12, 2009 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to post in indigo!)
Back to top Go down
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:19 am

RULE FIVE EXPLANATION

We all know that there's different degrees of Role-playing. For the purposes of this forum, we'll divide it into the three below.
If you would like to have your roleplay be Semi-literate or above, please mark in your title (semi-lit). If you would like your roleplay to be Literate only, please mark (lit) in the title. If anyone can join, you don't have to add anything Smile

1) Illiterate : This is the kind of roleplay that looks like this:
Quote :
an then the most butiful guy in wrld wnt 2 the bathroom & kissed the gurl. nxt he killed th guy behind the door @ starbucks
This kind of roleplaying is neither interesting nor thought-provoking. The problems with it are pretty obvious, such as the decapitated words, use of numbers as words, lack of details, and not to mention going against two seperate rules: godmodding and killing. Another ommon mistake is lack of punctuation (periods and commas) and capital letters. I'm glad to say that I've not seen anyone on this forum speak or roleplay in this fashion, and I hope it won't happen in the future either.
Quote :
Luke looked behind him and saw he was at Starucks.
A person's roleplaying skills are often also called 'illiterate' if they're very very short, for example less than three sentences. These kinds of roleplayers we do have on this forum - the newbies to the whole writing thing. We're cheering you guys one and hoping to see you improve on your story-writing skills!

2) Semi-Literate This your basic roleplay, something that looks like this:
Quote :
Seeing the attention of the Vortailer flicker for a moment, Nenadair looked away from the glass boat to see a blur of mchanized limb flickering into a tent. What was that? As far as he new, the army didn't have any particularily robotic components, or at least none that he'd seen so far.
As you can see, it's pretty typical, without any amazing insight and a few accidental spelling mistakes. It'll usually be somewhere between 3-10 lines, and has detail pertaining specifically to the story and what's going on at the moment. The character also reacts to the actions of other characters.

2) Literate This is the top-of-the-line Roleplay:
Quote :
As Rav worked silently he became aware that a hush was descending on the entire encampment. He looked up from his work peevish at the latest interruption, then wondered what could have happened. When nothing else occurred for a moment, he stood up, carefully holding the watch steady and paced to the tent's cloth mouth. He peered around at the Sentronians standing about, and then looked upward as well.

He gaped openly at the Glassdawn first at the fact that it existed, then at the fact that it was rapidly being covered in a red liquid. His immediate thought was that it was an amazing feat of technology, his second that it was probably just magic, and his third was that stuff had to be blood.
He stared apathetically, thinking that some fight had begun and that there were one or more seriously wounded. Those wounds were sloppy and surely agonizing. Sure enough he could hear wretched shrieks and screeches. He used his mechanical eye to get a good close look, then warily backed into the tent once again, his thoughts filled with the sight. There was nothing he could do, and he did not want to get involved in such a clash.
A literate Rolepalyer has often been writing for much of their life - and considers themselves rather good at it. These kinds of roleplay posts are very fun to read, as they contain a lot of detail, matured language, lots of interaction with the world around their character, and the use of their character's uniqueness in comparison to every other character. As you can also see, this is a rather long post and about the typical size for a literate Roleplayer, but they can also be longer.

------------------------------------------------------
REPLIES:
As for other languages.. if you feel like using a word or two, go ahead. But please don't have strings of sentences Smile

Illuminada - godmodding is basically overstepping your power to create your character. An example would be to make your character completely invincible. Or, instead, making your character the most beautiful in the world. This makes for a rather argumentative roleplay - as the player is more often trying to show their dominance over the other roleplayers instead of just wanting to have a good story going on.

Last edited by Iceycreamy on Sat May 30, 2009 11:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
illuminada
Verifier
illuminada

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re:   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:42 am

Ok, i see, lol, ive never heard that term before. I have experienced people who have done that. Don't worry - fair roleplay from me always ^^
Back to top Go down
beckithewatermage
Verifier
beckithewatermage

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:51 am

Along with godmoding, I'd also perhaps add autohits to your list. I think they're just as quarrelsome.
Back to top Go down
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:53 am

Autohits... are you referring to one-hit kills or when someone attacks and doesn't give you a chance to defend/dodge?
Back to top Go down
beckithewatermage
Verifier
beckithewatermage

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:10 am

Autohits are when people automatically make attacks hit.
For example, 'Tom punched Joe hard in the face, sending him sprawling to the ground'
as compared to
'Tom aimed a punch at Joe's face, hoping to send him sprawling to the ground'.

In the first instance, Joe's been hit, and he can do nothing about it, as his actions have been predestined. In the second, the punch is coming his way but not connected, allowing Joe to be able to make a comeback, or graciously take the hit.

You could also bring into that autokills, which also speak for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Mkay thanks for the suggestion Smile
I alays kind of assumed that was under bunnying, but it isn't always ^_^
*goes to add*
Back to top Go down
beckithewatermage
Verifier
beckithewatermage

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:10 pm

I've never heard of bunnying, but from what you wrote somewhere else on here, it sounds like puppet mastering.
Back to top Go down
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:15 pm

bunnying is the world I learned for controlling someone else's character x)
Back to top Go down
beckithewatermage
Verifier
beckithewatermage

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:16 pm

We obviously got raised at different schools of role playing. xD
Back to top Go down
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:18 pm

LOL!!! I got raised on 7 years ago neopets roleplaying x)
That's before they banned you for posting in general.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:24 pm

I hadn't heard bunnying before either, but I just thought controlling other characters actions/fates was under GMing.

I think I've heard autohits before.... ? It seems fairly self-explanatory. =]
Back to top Go down
http://hierogryphon.deviantart.com/
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:26 pm

*goes to check*
Ok, I'm not a total nutter Smile

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bunnying
Back to top Go down
beckithewatermage
Verifier
beckithewatermage

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:30 am

There is also a step up from literacy, although it is rather scary.

Advanced literate.
Basically, they tend to write 5 or more paragraphs per post thus the fact that they are very advanced. However, such role players, tend to describe a rock for a paragraph sometimes (some adv. lits are very good) - so advanced literate can be a pro and a con.

Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:33 pm

*giggles*
That level of Roleplaying is beyond my comprehension and sphere of influence Razz
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: non-lit   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Here's an example of what people visualize when you use non-lit roleplaying.

Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Quote :
LOL!!! I got raised on 7 years ago neopets roleplaying x)
That's before they banned you for posting in general.

Me too! I tried going back to neopets recently, and now they ban you for saying something like, "He went over and said, 'hi' to the girl" and they count it as love...and I was like, really? (weirdos -and sorry for my rant haha)

Quote :
Here's an example of what people visualize when you use non-lit roleplaying.
Lol!!! That video is so funny, but totally right. I really don't like it when people type words incorrectly cause your like, the brother axed the other brother because he was in trouble? huh? haha ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.mythodreas.com/profiles.php?user=movie
Nuum_Wistala
Verifier
Nuum_Wistala

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:45 am

Rotfl that video was funny!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying-
Jump to: