Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
elastic
Verifier
elastic

To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Eliza stood up, and Lilian flew up to her level. She rammed right into her face, knocking her over into a pile of wood. The wood scattered as she fell, managing to send bruises into her legs, and a few splinters to her hands. She rubbed her head with the hand that hadn't received too much damage and glared at Lilian. A scared squawk escaped the bird and she flew out of Eliza's reach.

She almost didn't notice the small brown ball of fur as it scurried out past her. But, out of the corner of her eye she saw it. After a second, she realized it was a weasel. 'Hey! Come back!' she called to it, the weasel peered back at her, intrigued that she could talk to them. 'Who are you?' It asked in a gruff voice. She smiled brightly, watching it cautiously turn to face her
'I'm Eliza, and you are?'
'No need for my name. How is it I can feel your mind?'
'How should I know? I hardly know where I am'
The weasel narrowed it's eyes at her scurrying forward to sniff her hand and proceeding to look up at her curiously. 'I'm Sylvester' it said and Eliza picked the small creature up.

It let out a strange kind of barking sound and said 'Don't surprise me like that! Never mind. Where are we going?' Eliza shrugged, 'I don't know, to wash off my hand' she said, gesturing to her other hand, which was scraped up and bleeding. The weasel looked at it, 'I know of a pond just up there' it said, pointing it's noise in the said direction. 'Is it clean?' she asked 'I use it, and I'm not dead' that seemed to be enough for Eliza, since she headed off towards the pond. As, she went, Eliza let her mind drift, finding herself singing. It must have been the happiness of another companion, and his willingness to come with her. The song was nothing decipherable, it sounded like gibberish. Not even being said in the write language, more like something from a far off world.

Terra coming when movie posts. (no rush)
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:15 pm

ooc: sorry guys! My internet is still pretty much down...it took me a good half hour to get this post up XD
but the internet guy should be coming tomorrow to fix things and hopefully I can get a post in either tomorrow or wed! If you guys want to continue your characters it's totally fine with me...I don't wanna feel like I'm holding anything back! =P
Back to top Go down
http://www.mythodreas.com/profiles.php?user=movie
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:22 pm

((No it's fine.
I hate it when internet goes out -why can't it just stay up? x[ -
I hope you're internet comes back on soon.
It's no rush really ^^))
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:14 pm

((Hmmm, you're right Emma, all my characters are curios! I never noticed that before. =]

You aren't holding anyone back. I'm glad of the respite. x] ))

Slashing down the grass was hard work, and although he was used to it, he was still working up a sweat by the time he reached the shore of the pond he had been striving to reach. A different aura was around this place. The marshy ground and slowly swirling water invited dragonflies which darted through the air. A couple came over to investigate him before zipping away to hover over the water again. Water striders caused tiny ripples in the surface and the buzz of grasshoppers in the grass he had just left behind.

He stood with his machete lowered at his side for a moment, his eyes flicking and his antennae quivering, then he slid the metal tool back into its sheath and started to step over the vegetation and around the circumference of the water until he reached what he had been searching for: a bed of ripe cress. He kneeled in the damp ground and set about gathering the fresh shoots into bundles as best he could, tying it with twine. His mind wandered as he worked, leading to thoughts of the food that the cress would flavor. He would receive a small pay for this from Widow Moria, perhaps he could use the coin for some of those delicious kabobs he had smelled sizzling at Favil’s kiosk.

Once his mind was on food he was reminded of the girl whom he had run into. Now that he was distanced from the whole affair he could consider it accurately. In truth the girl---Eliza she had said her name was---had seemed misplaced in some indescribable way. He had never seen her before and she had been alone when he met her. Her naivety and brazen display of her link with the bird had not indicated experience with people. Yet she hadn’t the feel of a solitary, travel-worn adventurer either. That much was certain. He mulled it over in his mind, wondering where she came from and where she was going.
Back to top Go down
http://hierogryphon.deviantart.com/
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Mina sat in the back tent on the lush furs and rughs as Carlos tended to the stall. She sat as she had, leggs crossed, back straight, flute in hand. Every now and then, a different memory would come to her, and she would do her best to mimick the music she heard. Each time, the melody was different, but somehow the style was the same.

The teen soon came to the conclusion that this had been her own; that and she had created all the songs. Many questions soon swirled in her mind. How had this been her's? How come she couldn't remember? If she did live here, then how come she couldn't remember? And what had Carlos said about that place...? Shangri? Where was she now?

A headache soon arosed, and Mina placed her flute down mid-tune. She rubbed her temples gently. Now she felt dizzy. The air was hot under the tent. She needed a breeze. Fresh air.

Carlos turned around suddenly, sensing his sister's distress. She looked pale. He placed a hand on her shoulder gently. She looked up at him with a slight smile. "Let's go home. I'll pack up early. Everyone will be thrilled to see you've returned." he nodded and turned to do as he said. Mina held her flute gently, looking from it to Carlos.

She stood up slowly, walking over to hand him the flute so it too could be put away. "Why do I not remember?" she asked quietly. "I don't remember who I am, who you were, my life I apparently had here..." she waved a hand over the vast market place that was still a bustle in the dusk. "Nothing."

Carlos inhale deeply. "Mina...it is...very complex. It can better be explained by our elders." he turned to rolled up the flutes and place them in a sack. "We must return home."

"Where is Shangri?" she asked, tucking a straight of her straight hair behind her ears. That got Carlos' attention. He stood up straight and looked at her with frightening eyes.

"Not so loud." he said lowly. "I shall explain later."
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:40 pm

((A huge storm swept through my area and the power was out for a good while, but now I'm back online! =D ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:51 pm

{{Oh my goodness! I hope everything's alright...}}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:59 pm

(( It was crazy! The lights kept going on and off, and the computers too! That really interrupted everyone, but it sometimes was on for a long time. (hour or so before flicking off and back on)

Finally the power went down for good. By this time I was at home. I tried a friends house that's nearby, but their's was down too. Finally I just stuck it out. =]

Anyway, this man in a electrical repair vehicle stopped nearby and came in our backyard to check the wires for trees growing too close for regulations. And he told us that three houses down a tree had messed up a line. It got fixed minutes after. ^^ But the radio had all these messages about safety and accidents and how bad it was. There was so much water and everywhere tree branches big and small litter the side of the road.

Whew. It was amazing to experience. I probably should have been much more afraid than I was. >w>

The beautiful thing was that a complete rainbow, yes from ground to ground stretched across the sky. I was watching it, and gradually a SECOND entire rainbow shadow was above it!!!! Complete unbelievable experience after how fierce the storm was....

I should upload a picture! Thank goodness we got a ton. =D ))
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:02 pm

{{O_O wow I wish our hurricanes were that great....xD}}
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Sylvester looked up at Eliza irritably 'Will you be quiet?' he hissed at her 'You'll attract a predator' Eliza tilted her head 'Why's that bad?' Lilian squawked and Sylvester's tail twitched as they yelled in unison 'Because they'll eat us!' 'Oh' she mumbled. Clutching Sylvester tighter and watching Lilian, who was perched on her shoulder, out of the corner of her eye.

Eliza, running out of things to keep her mind preoccupied with, decided to explore her power. She opened her mind, feeling the minds of other animals brushing up against hers. She could feel their general feelings being omitted, but no thoughts. She would have to unlock their barriers before she did that. But, for now she was content with speaking with Sylvester and Lillian.

Another mind bumped into hers, closer than the others and she felt Sylvester twitch. She watched as he worked his nose back and forth, and began to wriggle out of her grasp. 'Sylvester!' she called 'Sh...' was her only response before the sounds of a struggle reached her ears. She looked worriedly at Sylvester's direction, until she felt the mind break and he came out with a mouse in his maw. Sylvester sat down, chewing on the dead mouse until he was full and leaving the rest for scavengers to pick up.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 5:37 pm

(( Eeeche, this is so not a great post.
The description I have is nice, but Entomas doesn't do anything interesting. Dx
Sorry, but I just can't think of anything much to write about. =\
I just decided to post and be done with it, hopefully next time I can post quicker and with more... stuff... in it.))

Still gathering cress, Entomas moved at a crawl on his kneels over the mud. Once he had several neat bundles he tucked them away in one of the folds of his tunic. He had smudges of mud all over him and from his knees down he was mostly covered in mud. Frowning, he came to the realization that he couldn’t just rub it off with a rag easily. Eying the pond, it’s placid waters didn’t appeal to him, but there wasn't much he could do else. Walking over to some of the higher grass he pulled up a shock and tried to bush off the worst of the dirt. Never one of the cleanest ones around anyway, he intended to do more tramping today, light permitting, and cleaning up wouldn't last long.

Sitting down cross legged on some dryer ground, he continued to think on the remainder of the day. Indecisively he gazed at the water, his dark brown eyes widening as he list himself it the ripples and wakes. Idly he uprooted some of the gassy plants to his left and laid back on the soft ground. He dangled the ripe water chestnuts he had just picked above his head and plucked one at a time. Not bothering to wash the bulbs, he plucked one at a time and popped them into his mouth, munching their watery sweetness appreciatively. Staring up at the large round leaves above him, he was pleased to notice earwigs peeping out from under the bark before scurrying back to resume their lives.

A bee lazily passed, and several flies landed on him to obligingly mop up the mud that was still there. He had finished the chestnuts and was contemplating avoiding the rest of his tasks and just passing the day here when the area grew quiet. Grasshoppers clicked and flew away, dragonflies took off for safer territory, and the mayflies descended into the grass to hide away for a few moments.

Everywhere insects were becoming more alert, broadcasting the ‘intruder’ signal. Instantly anxious again, Entomas drew in his antennae, not irrationally tried his best to pretend nothing had occurred. The secluded spot shouldn’t have any visitors at this time of day. But he had already lost his peace and would not be regaining it any time soon. He sat up straight looking around him, pricked for any sign of what had caused the disturbance. Cautiously, he entered a crouch while probing the surroundings with his eyes, trying to detect movement. He was poised to get to his feet at a moments notice when the sound of rustling came to his ears.

Rotating slowly he faced the direction he had heard the sounds of movement, his eyes wider than ever and his toes rhythmically clenching and unclenching. Glimpsing the head of a girl he shook himself and rose to his full height. Gangly an a tad hunched with apprehension he out from under his eyelashes, his mouth slightly open while he picked at the cloth at the side of his leg.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:36 pm

{{GAAAHHH!!! Evil writer's block!!!! *headdesk* I have no idea what to post T-T }}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:58 pm

(( Tis okay! x] I think we are all in the same situation. =P

Its probably more my fault than any one else's since I took forever to post and then didn't have much in my post to reply to. x\ ))
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:11 pm

ooc: finally I am back! XD sorry if the post is short though lol

bic:
Holdyn nodded when she asked for the favor. He smiled and said, "Yah that should be easy to pretend. By the looks of it, he'd probably kick me out anyway if I didn't." He laughed slightly glancing over at the guy and then back at Terra. He then said, "Well it's nice to meet you Terra."

He let go of her hand and muttered, "We should probably go out of the lobby, so it looks like we're heading to my appartment or something." He wasn't sure if it was a great idea, but it was the best one he could come up with at the moment.

Plus, he didn't wanna hang around in this lobby anymore. Every time he looked over at the far corner, he could just see the car wreck. He shook it off once again contemplating the odds of that. He somewhat forced a smile out of him again to attempt to not show what he was thinking about, but he wasn't sure how well it had been working for him.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Aldalia smiled back at Setako before beginning her decent down the stairs. She walked down at a somewhat fast pace, and within a couple of minutes was down four floors; which was the floor her appartment was on. She walked down a hall, and to her door unlocking it. She opened it up and looked back to make sure Setako was still there before stepping inside.

She flicked on a couple of lights watching the rain fall outside for a moment. She then looked around to make sure everything looked okay. There were paintings and drawings everywhere, but the table and couches weren't covered with them, so she figured it was fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mythodreas.com/profiles.php?user=movie
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Carlos had the tent packed up before Mina even had a chance to stroll around the rest of the market. She got two steps from where the both had been before her brother grabbed her arm again. This time, she didn't recieve another memory. Carlos looked at her with a light smile. "There will be market again tomorrow." he assured her, sensing her longing to roam about.

With reluctancy, Mina sighed and nodded. She let her eyes scan over the bustling market place once more. The sun was nearly gone, and all around, the stalls still open had lit candles and oil lamps. Mina rubbed her bare arms before turning her face into the soft breeze. This felt like home....and yet...something still felt...off....

Carlos had to take the folded tent and goods halfway out of the marketplace before he could whistle. Even so, he had to a wait a good while before a black stallion came trotting towards him. With a smile, Carlos placed the canvase in the saddle bag and clipped the others to the saddle itself. Looking back at the horse, Carlos took a the riegns and sighed. "You might have to carry more than one today Thistle..." he said, leading the horse back into the marketplace.

The moment Thistle saw Mina, Carlos chuckled. His power was getting stronger, now he could feel the emotions in animals too. Mina turned around, hearing the horse whine affectionatly. She smiled at the beauty of the horse, but Carlos could tell she didn't recongize her. Mina held out her hand to the stallion, whispering words of encouragment.

Thistle didn't need telling twice, she knew her owner when she saw her. Brushing up against Mina's hand, Thistle allowed the memory to travel to Mina's mind. Taking a deep breath, Mina watching the memory play out. She saw herself traning the young stallion to obey her movements and commands and then riding across a grass feild, laughing.

Mina pulled her hand away with a frown. Why couldn't she remember these things? It was almost brutal having to learn about her life through her powers. Carlos patted the saddle. "Climb up, and we'll head home." he said. Mina took a deep breath and nodded before skillfully pulling herself into the saddle.

{{wooo fluffly!!! That's all I got for now xD}}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:04 pm

((New charrie. =] I have some fun plans and plottage so hopefully Mondo can pick up the pace once more. ^^

And now that Movie's back, I suspect Shangri will be going full swing again too! =D Now if only real life will cooperate everything will be swell. xP

@elastic & mysik: Either one of you, or both can be the charries that Veritas and Entomas detect. ;]

@Movie: Working on Setako. ^^
Posted Setako! =3 ))

Passing soundlessly through the brush, the long cloak swayed with the strides of the wearer. It ought to have caught on a thousand different snags, but against all explanation it never caught once on the underbrush. The eyes of the owner were a flat grey and wisps of white hair swooped out from the shadow of a thick hood. The color of rain-drenched loam it would have blended in well in a cave or deep forest, but here it cast a noticeable shadow on the field. A dark-skinned hand rose up to part some low-hanging branches and the average-sized form slid under and away from the withheld limb in a seamless glide. A ray of sun glinted in his strange clear eyes and the small hated insignia at his throat

ReJuv. The cult centered around death and an afterlife. There beliefs of a separate world were unusual at best and fanatical at worst. Ugly rumors had left their kind both feared and outcast. Legends of a demonic sort were called to memory at the poisoned name of the cursed clan.

Their leader had never been seen, but the second in command, Weset, was supposed to be a spawn from the underworld. The other members were her minions, if whispered bar tales were to believed. Certainly the cloaked form seemed wraith like, his eyes unnatural, his presence ethereal. With the taint of the insignia he would have been avoided like the plague at the town, but he seemed not to care as he headed towards it.

Unhurried but purposeful he tread, arriving at a small peaceful refuge. A shallow pond with shade and tall grass sprawled before him. Here he paused, called by reverie. But something else caused him to hesitate. *Is someone else nearby?* He asked himself in his typical chilly fashion. The answer was instantly known. *Another is here.* However a vital part of his mind was suddenly vacant. Tranquilly he requested, *What is my present pursuit?* The reply was there almost as if he had never lost it, and again he had another memory evaporate. Amends were just as simple, *What am I called?* Veritas of course. This time the missing piece was too obscure to notice its absence. Perhaps it was the price of the leather boots he was wearing, or name of someone he once met. It didn’t matter at the moment, or at least it didn’t seem to.

His pale eyes scanned the area placidly as he stood still, trying to discover the location of the individual who was nearby.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Unable to keep still for even a moment, Setako was zigzagging back and forth in front of Aldalia all the way down the hall. Once they reached her room, the young girl hesitated at the door, peeping in and showing hesitation for the first time.

Then she dropped all her reluctance and ran all around the apartment. "Omigosh omigosh!" She cheered as she tried to look at everything at once. Finally settling down enough to sit down on the couch without bothering to shift aside anything and proceeded to swing her legs and bounce up and down in her seat.

"I had no idea you were an artist!" She beamed and keeping getting distracted by yet another picture. "This is amazing!" Her hair prickled oddly and she was seized by a great shudder. Holding herself she burst into a fit of sneezes. Every time she tried to apologize she started to sneeze again. Finally it was over, and after looking sheepish, she tried to excuse herself before going back to oohing and awing over the papers throughout the room.

She started to rub her hands and was dismayed to find that they were still numb and a bit blue around the edges.
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Oleander sat amongst the tall shoots of grass that grew around her, trying to gaze through them, but unsuccessfully. A breeze found it's way to her, blowing her hair and ruffling her clothes. Her black hair fell into place messily around her, obscuring bits of her face in a way that was more random than anything. She wore a pair of black leather boots that stretched to about an inch beneath her knee. White linen fell around her athletic frame in the form of her dress, which ended just above her knees. On top of it all was a coal black cloak, held together with a small golden crest.

The swishing of a cloak caught her ear, and Oleander's gaze flicked to the sound. What she found was the very bottom of a gray cloak and leather boots, only a few feet away from her. She tried to blend with the earth, but found it impossible with her nerves so on end.

Instead, the girl sat as still as a statue. Keeping her eyes, which were such a dark brown that they looked black, locked onto the boots and cloak. She made sure not to make a sound, hoping that she could go about her business unnoticed. Oleander had never been one to attract attention, and this, she feared, would attract some from whomever the boots belonged to.

'Why am I hiding?' she thought to herself, and realized she had no need to. It was less likely for the figure to stick around if they weren't acquainted in such a strange way. Yet, she couldn't bring herself to stand up or clear her throat. On edge and confused as to what to do, Oleander's hand shot out to grasp the figure's leather boot. Her muscles tightened as she did so, cursing herself for it, but found herself unable to let go. 'Dam it!' she thought to herself. 'Why did I have to do that, of all things?'
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:29 am

Having no luck in his search, Veritas was prepared to let the matter drop and continue on when something touched his boot. Unexpected, but harmless the touch was soft bur persistent. Lowering his gaze indulgently he was greeted with the sight of a girl wearing a white dress. Veritas's own ashen eyes probed for the girl's almost black ones.

*What is her name?* Oleander. The fact that he was nineteen years of age was lost. His tenuous voice rose, "Greeting madam." He remarked his detachment clear. His eyes strayed back to the landscape, and he continued, his tone flat as if he had tired of the meeting already. "My name is Veritas, and I believe yours is Oleander, yes?" He didn't bother to actually listen for her reply, and patiently he tried to tug his leather boot out of her grip.

Again the sun shone brighter for a moment and illuminated the symbol at his throat. He cared not if she saw it, but it caused him to think about what her reaction would be. If she left, it wouldn't bother him overmuch, but had there been a reason he had searched her out? Perhaps he had forgotten it already. He was too used to this sort of situation that he didn't get frustrated, but he stopped tugging his foot away and decided that he probably out to try and discover if she was anybody noteworthy. A delicate sigh escaped his lips. *Hmmm, there is no rush I suppose.* He began to turn back tolerantly.

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Italicizing Thought)
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:22 pm

Oleander let out a sigh to try and relax herself, but it did nothing. She pealed her fingers off of Verita's boot and stood up to her full height, which was just a bit below Verita. She unclenched her fists, bowing partially "Excuse my earlier behavior" she started in a measured tone "I-" and at a loss of words looked up.

Her eyes met the insignia and they sparkled as a small smile quirked on her face. She recognized the symbol, "Rejuv..." the whisper came so softly that she barely noticed that she had said it. The symbol brought on a vast amount of confusion. She herself found it's beliefs fascinating, but wasn't she supposed to be afraid of them? Her delicate fingers picked lightly at the hem of her dress, her head hung down as she absentmindedly thought over the subject.

(Sorry for the short post...)
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 6:57 pm

((Short posts are fine since we are having a conversation between two charries. Mine own is short too. I may lengthen it, but I'd just be adding random details.))

The girl made it to her feet and had asked his forgiveness. Mildly interested he just acknowledged it with a bored, "Hmmm." She hadn't concealed her stare towards the symbol on his ruby-colored brooch. He considerately waited a moment until she had the full force of its significance. Veritas then spoke softly again, though his voice was harder than before.

"Yes, I am a member of Rejuv, though I'm probably not like you think I am."
He measured her a moment. She didn't seem afraid even though she had a timid character.Rather she seemed interested. Granting her recognition for her uncommon response he tilted his head and narrowed his eyes as he studied her. Deciding to treat her carefully instead of just dismissing her, it was becoming more and more clear that she had not business with him after all.

Spontaneously he decided to tell her his purpose. "I'm heading to the town, because Weset--the oracle--has deemed it necessary to visit tonight. I am going before her to scout out the place, see if there are those who would join us, and also to spread word of our Oracle's coming." A wry smile had entered his expression at the implications of announcing the cult's appearance. The ironic grin seemed out of place since his eyes were still unchanged.
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Oleander ran a hand through her hair, brushing it out of her face so that she could focus on Veritas. She narrowed her eyes "What do I think you are, then?" she asked, offended by the assumption that she would have the same feelings as others. She shook her head lightly "No, never mind that." she said, dismissing the topic.

Her gaze drifted to the ground, as Oleander thought out how she felt about Rejuv. Her father had always told her that it was a horrible society, but this had only fueled her interest. For a moment more she thought this over until she heard Veritas speak again.

"Mmh, I live in the town with my father, he directs trade with other villages" she looked up suddenly 'Why did I say that?' she thought 'I have to be careful not to give too much away... She sighed mentally, what's done is done.

Oleander's eyes flared and she asked "The oracle?" at first she hadn't noticed the term, but now that her thoughts were more clear, she realized how strange it sounded. She knew what it was, but did not know that Rejuv had one. Of course, it was obvious that they would, any society of it's kind would have such a person.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Veritas didn't comment on her accusal. Making assumptions was necessary for anyone who didn't have his gift. Lies and illusions were what people had to live with. He, on the other hand, lived with absolute knowledge or absolute ignorance most of the time. Dismissing the timeworn problem he shifted his attention to her, and found her eyes elsewhere. Her gaze kept falling to the the earth, probably a nervous habit.

"Mnh, I live in the town with my father, he directs trade with other villages." Idle prattle, she wasn't that much different from others. She stared at him intently, evidently letting too much slip. She was a careful one at least, but she had actually slipped up. Her words were not lies.

Pleased by her interest in Weset, he accommodated her request. "Yes, the Oracle intends to come here. Her true name is Weset Lienogri, and she is the leader of our cause. She knows more than any of us about the afterlife." He stopped and then ended his input with, "Believe what you will." He would not tell her more if she would only scorn him. He was not one prone to waste words.
Back to top Go down
elastic
Verifier
elastic

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:29 pm

Getting tired of the chatter, Oleander picked at the hem of her dress, while waiting for him to turn away or leave. She was just itching to use her power. Unfortunately, it wasn't something that would work if he saw her do it. She sighed, letting go of her dress and bringing her gaze back into focus.

'Weset? Huh?' she thought idly to herself. Again she narrowed her eyes, listening intently to what Veritas said. "I'll do that..." she said neutrally. While sorting through the thoughts that clouded her mind, she came upon something. "How did you know my name?" she asked, fixing her gaze sharply on him.

It was odd that she hadn't realized it before, but now that she did, it seemed like something that she should investigate. Did she know him from somewhere? No, that wasn't it. She ran her eyes up and down his frame for a moment, wishing that she could blend with the plants more than ever now.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:40 pm

Mina sat still as Carlos lead Thistle from the marketplace. Her heart ached and she licked her lips with the unsaid thoughts running through her mind. Finally she gathered the couarge to slip from the saddle. Unfortuantly, Carlos noticed. All he did was turned to look at her. She flexed her fingers, suddenly nervouse and a sicking guilt forming in her gut.

"Must we leave right away?" She asked quietly, feeling like a child pleading to stay awake a bit longer. "There's so much I wish to see..." She waved a had behind her at the still bustleing marketplace. Somehow she knew it wouldn't last long, and if she didn't take in the scene now, she may not for a long time.

Whether or not Carlos understood her reasoning, Mina wouldn't know. He looked at her for a long moment with a hard and blank stare before a softness rose in his eyes. Mina smiled as he nodded and waved for her to go off. Mina's smile formed into a grin as she hugged him before running back to the market place.

((bleh...I'ma little outta it at the moment...xD))
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Turning away with a swirl of his thick dark cloak, Veritas halted suddenly at the sound of Oleander's question. Facing away without comment for several seconds, the mellow croaking of frogs and the brushing of the high grass was the only sound until his voice broke the calm that had settled. "It's a gift. It's an affliction." He glided onward, his face hidden in the cloak and his business his own. Hidden in the folds of his cloak, his hands were folded behind him, and with his head bowed he could easily have been an monkish hermit instead of a secretive man of the Rejuv order.

His mind blank, as it frequently was, he traveled slowly but steadily toward the town. Once a boy rose out of the brush, eyes wide with wonder and fear, before dashing away much like a startled fawn. Now word of the arrival of a strange cloaked man with both hair and eyes as pale as a ghost would spread like wildfire. Whether they knew yet of his affiliation was unlikely.

Stolidly he padded down the last gentle slope and onto one of the many caravan roads that would take him to the heart of the city. A few curious eyes were already on his nondescript form, and before long the whispers would start. He did not humor anyone, and so kept his appearance as neutral as possible. He would not go out of his way to be frightening, nor to dispel the rumors circling about him. In short he would not do anything to prove himself a demon or a mortal.

He came to a road with a group of pedestrians making their way along it, then turned and threaded his way into the shanties. Here there would be discontents and loners. Perfect for the type of people to gather for his purpose. His eyes strayed now, but never tarried more than a second on anything or anyone.

----------
Entomas is coming....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)   To the Afterlife and Back (Lit) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To the Afterlife and Back (Lit)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying-
Jump to: