HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Share | 

Hogwarts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Both Bane and Blaise were taken by surprise when Jay came into the room. Mainly because they were caught up in their own thoughts. As Bane was pulled into Jay's embrace, he crumbled slightly, letting his head rest on Jay's shoulder. He couldn't bring himself to look at his twin, couldn't tell Jay what he saw. His mouth felt like it was filled with cotton and he just shook his head mutely. He couldn't explain to Jay the logic behind what was going on with him, he knew Jay wasn't fat, but in his own mind when he looked at himself, he saw things he hated, things that disgusted him but he just couldn't explain it.

Blaise ignored Jay's glare, knowing it was more for upsetting his brother then Jay actually being annoyed at him. Bane needed to hear the severity of what was going on, of what was happening to him.
"I think thats enough for tonight. We can talk more tomorrow Bane, but I 'm serious, you're going to need to speak to a Healer. You can't go on like this" Blaise said, rising up off of the bed and giving his son a tight hug. He sighed, "I need to go speak to your grandmother and my lawyer. I'll be back to check on you both in a bit" Blaise said, dropping a kiss on Bane's messy dark hair before doing the same for Jay.

Once Blaise was gone, Bane broke down, tears flooding his eyes as he felt his knees go weak and he fell to the floor.
"Gods" He breathed, pulling his knees to his chest and just sobbing. Bane had never broken down like this, but it was finally getting him, the reality of what his Father had just said, everything that had happened so far that year. Why had his mother driven him to this point? Why hadn't he listened to anyone earlier?
"Hospital?" He croaked, he had to go to the hospital. Why? It wasn't that bad, was it? He had such a skewed view on himself now he couldn't even figure out if he was really that bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lonevega.webs.com/
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:42 pm

That was the final branch. Jay could just tell that the dam was starting to break. Maybe their father sensed it too, and that was why he left the room. Jay could only nod to his Father as he left, his gaze still fixed on his twin. It was almost like a ticking bomb now...then the door shut. As Bane fell, Jay dropped with him, sitting behind him and wrapping an arm around his shoulders. Thin shoulders....bony shoulders that should be thick with muscle from days spent at the pitch....now there was barely anything. Jay clenched his jaw as he simply rocked with Bane to sooth him.

It took all the strength Jay had no to let his voice break when he finally spoke up. "Yes." he said. "For a little while at least. I'm sure you'll be out by Christmas....New Years the latest." Jay said, though it was probably a lie. He had no idea what the doctors might need Bane to do before they felt it safe enough to release the boy.

"Just....Bane...Mom was wrong. Mom was wrong about everything." Jay said, knowing that this was all tied back to their mother. "Everything she told you, everything she said to do was wrong. Me and Fred weren't trying to hurt you every time we passed you a bagel or fruit. We just...we did't want you starving to death." Jay murmured, hoping that just by talking it would calm his brother down.

"You see that now right? That we were trying to help...not hurt. We'd never hurt you like Mom did. You know I never would Bane..." Jay said, pulling back enough that he could look at his twin despite him being buried against his knees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:42 pm

That was the final branch. Jay could just tell that the dam was starting to break. Maybe their father sensed it too, and that was why he left the room. Jay could only nod to his Father as he left, his gaze still fixed on his twin. It was almost like a ticking bomb now...then the door shut. As Bane fell, Jay dropped with him, sitting behind him and wrapping an arm around his shoulders. Thin shoulders....bony shoulders that should be thick with muscle from days spent at the pitch....now there was barely anything. Jay clenched his jaw as he simply rocked with Bane to sooth him.

It took all the strength Jay had no to let his voice break when he finally spoke up. "Yes." he said. "For a little while at least. I'm sure you'll be out by Christmas....New Years the latest." Jay said, though it was probably a lie. He had no idea what the doctors might need Bane to do before they felt it safe enough to release the boy.

"Just....Bane...Mom was wrong. Mom was wrong about everything." Jay said, knowing that this was all tied back to their mother. "Everything she told you, everything she said to do was wrong. Me and Fred weren't trying to hurt you every time we passed you a bagel or fruit. We just...we did't want you starving to death." Jay murmured, hoping that just by talking it would calm his brother down.

"You see that now right? That we were trying to help...not hurt. We'd never hurt you like Mom did. You know I never would Bane..." Jay said, pulling back enough that he could look at his twin despite him being buried against his knees.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:56 pm

"Oh gods" Bane breathed, he couldn't believe his life had come to this.
"I know" He murmured, still not glancing at Jay, "I know you and Fred wouldn't hurt me" He said with a sigh, rubbing a hand over his face.
'I knew what Mom was saying was wrong, deep down I guess, but..." He trailed off, "She's our mother Jay, I never thought, can't even comprehend, that she would hurt someone that way. Hurt me this way" He said, scrubbing his face dry and glancing at his twin.

"Is it that bad?" He asked softly, "Am I that bad?" He sighed, he knew his Father didn't do anything by halfs and he would be in the hospital that night, he was just sure of it.
"M'sorry Jay" He mumbled, "For putting you through all of this, for everything this term" He rose slowly, on shaky legs and moved so he was sitting on his bed, hugging his pillow.

Blaise walked back into the room about an hour later, he hadn't heard anything as he approached and he was assuming things were a bit better between the twins. He had flooed his private healer and the man was coming by to check on Bane. He had also spoken to his lawyer and had started divorce proceedings. He couldn't believe that this holiday was going to end in divorce and one of his children in the hospital.

"You two okay?' Blaise asked, leaning himself casually against the doorframe.
"No" Bane answered truthfully. "Do I have to go to the hospital Dad?" He asked quietly.
"Yes' Blaise responded, "You're killing yourself Bane and you need help we can't give you. Our healer is coming by in a few minutes to talk to you, it will be fine Bane, I promise" Blaise said, sitting down between his kids and pulling them against his chest.
Bane just cried softly, hiding in Blaise's chest though he believed his Father. He knew that everything would work out and eveything would be fine in the end, but he was scared. He couldn't believe he'd done this to himself.

----

As the Healer left Bane's room, he turned to Blaise with a soft sigh.
"You were right to call me, his stomach has shrunken to the point where he can't handle solid foods. Not to mention the state of his throat because of the constant vomiting. He's quite badly off but as far as eating disorders go he's not the worst we've seen. He'll have to be hospitalized for at least a week, not only do we need to monitor his eating, we also have to get some fluids and nutrients into his body. Nutrient potions are all well and good but his body is so malnourished that they aren't working for him"
"Gods" Blaise breathed, "When does he have to go?" He asked, "We'd like to have him home for Christmas"
"No promises, but we can try, I do have to take him tonight though. Would you and Jay like to come? Help get him settled?"
"Of course" Blaise snorted, "We wouldn't let him go through this alone"
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Jay swallowed the hard lump in his throat for the tenth time. The bloody thing kept getting stuck and stopping his words. He couldn't help it. His twin was literatlly falling to pieces in front of him. The word helpless did nothing to describe how Jay felt at this very moment, where all he could do was sit next to his brother and show that he wasn't alone.
"It's....pretty bad Bane." Jay said, holding his brother's wrist up to his own. Jay was always the smaller of the two...but right now, Bane had the thinner wrist and arm. As soon as their father returned, Jay slipped back into his comforting silence, listening to the conversation between the two like he was watching some t.v. show, not his brother and father. So much for the pleasant holiday.

The healer was in and out, which Jay hoped was a good thing. Then again, one decent glance at Bane and anyone without a doctoring licence could tell the kid needed to be in a hospital with feeding tubes. The thought made Jay shudder. He stepped up to Bane's door, listening to the two men talk on the other side. Damn. They were taking him to the hospital tonight. Jay tossed his brother a reassuring smile and stepped out of the room. In less than five minutes he had a bag packed and was nudging Bane up from the bed.
"Come on." Jay sighed, tugging his brother to his feet gently. "The sooner we get there, the sooner you'll be better." He promised, knowing Bane wanted nothing more than to not go to the hospital. But...they didn't have much of any other choice at this point.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Shaking his head, Bane slowly, mutely rose to his feet.
"Can we apperate?" He asked his father, walking into Blaise's comfortable embrace. He didn't want Jay to be uncomfortable taking the floo, not right now.
"Of course" Blaise said, "I had an elf grab some of your favourite sleep pants" He added, glancing up as Jay came in.

"Ready?" He asked the boys, he would apperate with Bane and the healer would take Jay.
"Right into the Zabini rooms?" Blaise asked the man, he wasn't going to drag his son through the hospital lobby.
"Of course" The Healer, a man by the name of Johnson, said with a small smile.
"Ready I guess" Bane said miserably, snuggling closer to his father.
"It will be fine, we'll get you settled and then your brother and I will be there to visit you whenever they'll let us" Blaise reassured his son softly.

----

Bane watched his family leave the small hospital room. It was private, the Zabini's had donated enough money to the hospital to be afforded the luxury of a private room that was always on hold for them barring any emergencies where the room might be needed. He was lying in the bed, wearing one of Jay's t-shirts and his favourite pants, he wasn't required to wear a hospital gown since he would be staying here for a little while.

Tubes ran in both his arms, one connected to a drip that was rehydrating his body, the other was connected to a potion that simoltaneously flushed the left overs from the nutrients potion from his system. Apparently tomorrow he'd be talking to a mind healer and starting on a liquid diet.

---

Blaise fell into a chair once he and Jay were home. He glanced at his son, "Maybe you should write your friends, let them know theres a chance your brother won't make New Years" There was no guarentee if Bane would be out by then, plus he suspected Jay might need someone to talk to.
"Or you could floo them if you want? I know you don't like the system but you can always invite them here. I know Fred will want to know whats going on. Heck he'll probably want to visit Bane with you the next time we go see him" He added, he knew he was rambling, but he was just so pissed off at the situation.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Jay couldn't put into words how angry he was that they had to leave Bane at the hospital, on his own, the first night there. Jay had every intention of staying with his brother for the night until the doctor had told them about visiting hours ending soon. They had their own bloody private room! Why did they had to adhere to the rules of the hospital anyway?

Jay was too mad to speak. He almost didn't move from his brother's side. Even after Blaise called him two or three times. He physically could not move. His father had to walk over, place a hand on his shoulder and wisk them back to the manor.

Once there, Jay merely listened to his father, but said nothing. At the mention of floo, Jay went completely rigid and shook his head. There was no way he could handle that on top of everything right now.
"I'll write in the morning." Jay managed to mutter through his teeth as he made he way to his room, doing his best not to slam the door shut behind him.
--------------

Jay didn't sleep. One bit. He'd tossed and turned for hours. He had gotten up and attempted to write Fred a letter. That had failed. He was going to have to send a floo message anyway...it was too much to put into a letter.

By the time the sun rose, Jay had showered and was walking out of his room towards their chimney. He was too tired to even care as the green flames lept up.
"Fred Weasley." Jay called. He took a deep breath and leaned forward into the flames.

"Jay?!" He heard a shocked voice call and he opened his eyes to see Alice and Rose sitting on the couch across from their fireplace. Cats Craddle again. "Why on earth are you calling so late?!" Rose asked.
"It's almost 8am." Jay muttered. "Where's Fred?"
"8am? See that potion worked! Twenty four hours straight and not a drop of drowsiness!" Alice said, grinning as she twisted the string in her hands.
"Fred is probably still sleeping...." Rose murmured.
"Wake him. It's an emergency." Jay said, swallowing hard. Alice blinked up from her string. Her and Rose exchanged a quick glance before Rose ran off to fetch her cousin.

"Bane?" Alice asked, tossing the string to the side and slipping off the sofa to be closer to the fire. Jay gave a weak smile and nodded.
"What are you doing there?" Jay asked. Alice shrugged gently.
"Mum had some work to do in the area, so I spent the night." Alice answered, turning her head when she heard hurried footsteps descending the stairs.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:56 pm

"The hell Rose?" Fred grumbled as his cousin practically dragged him out of bed. Stumbling down the hallway, he looked rather surprised to see Jay's head floating in his fire.
Letting out a miserable sigh, he nodded at Alice and his cousin. "Let Dad or Grandma know I've gone to Italy" He said, montioning for Jay to back out of the fire. This was going to be a long conversation and he knew of Jay's adversion to fire.

"Zabini Manor" Fred called as he stepped into the green flames, screwing his eyes shut against the motion before he was spat out in Blaise's office.
"Bane?" Fred asked, though he already knew it was something to do with the other teen. Jay wouldn't floo for anything less.

----

Bane winced as the mind healer left his room. Well that had been...awful. Rubbing at his arm, he glanced down at his fingers which were interlaced in his lap. The woman had been nice enough, but he just didn't want to talk about this, about anything. He didn't even want to be here, he wanted to be home, curled up in a blanket playing cards, or flying with Fred, anything but being here.
"How are you feeling?" A medi-witch asked as she walked in, he knew she had introduced herself but he didn't care enough to remember her name.
"M'fine" Bane mumbled, ignoring her motherly tutting, he wasn't really in the mood for anything mother related.
"We're going to try you on some broth for lunch, if that stays down, we're good. Plus you have visiting hours after lunch and I know we have a few people in our waiting room who want to see you" She said, setting down a small cup of chicken broth in front of Bane.

----

Scorpius sighed, glancing up from his book as his grandfather walked into the room. Despite his past, time had been good to Lucius Malfoy, he had a few winkles around his eyes, and his hair was streaked grey, but overall he was still a very handsom man.
"Bored?" Lucius asked with a wry smile, the Malfoy Lord had calmed down in temperment over the years and he and his wife were very fond of their only grandchild.
"A bit" Scorpius admitted, "Its been a long day"
"Well you're off to the Weasleys in a week and the Goyles arrive tomorrow, so you have things to look forward to" Lucius chide, sitting down on the couch next to the blond teen.
"Yea I guess" Scorpius sighed, not wanting to really admit to his grandfather that he was a bit sad because he hadn't gotten a letter yet from Alice, even though he had written her the other day.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:08 pm

"Just come on!" Rose half barked at Fred as she continued to drag him out of his room and downstairs. She and Alice stepped back as Jay's face disappeared from the fireplace. "Give him a hug for me." Rose sighed, watching with concern as Fred stepped into the green flames and disappeared entirely.
"Poor Bane..." Alice sighed.
"Bane?" Rose asked.
"Why else would Jay call?" Alice asked in return. Rose sighed and nodded softly in agreement. Something pecked at the window then, and Rose squeaked in surprise. The girls turned to see the owl pecking at the window.
"Is that your owl?" Rose asked, because it certaintly wasn't her's.
"No..." Alice admitted, but she walked forward and opened the window anyway. Their was a letter tied to it's leg and Alice took it gently in her hand. She grinned and nearly blushed as she recognized the script that spelled out her name. "You're so smart to have found me here." Alice told the owl, petting it gently. "Rest for a while then you can go home." Alice said.
"Who's it for?" Rose asked.
"Me." Alice chuckled
"Who's it from?" Rose asked, eyes wide as Alice skipped back to the couch, cluching the paper in her arms. Alice only glanced up at her friend. She was afraid to tell Rose; not that Rose wouldn't respect her privacy...Alice just didn't want to get teased for it.
"Alice?" Rose asked then, hands on her hips.
"Scorpius. Probably about the New Years Party." Alice added quickly as she opened the letter to read it.

--------------

Jay sighed in relief and tried not to shudder as he sat back. No sooner had he stood up that Fred was tumbling out of their fireplace. Jay simply nodded to his Fred and slowly started to explain what had happened. Dad finding out, then the disaster of a dinner, then having to the go the hospital and having to leave Bane there.

"I was gonna head over there now." Jay said. "It's not visiting hours but at this point they can kiss my ass." Jay muttered, his hands fisted in his pockets because his twin was miserable at the hospital. He just knew. And it was stupid that they weren't there with Bane. At least Jay needed to be there. Although Bane would be just as happy to see Fred....
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Fred sighed, "As much as this all sucks, at least he's getting help. I was naive enough to think we were making a different" He sighed, following after Jay.
"I'll come with you, I want to see him" Fred added, "Is your Dad coming?" He asked since they were in Blaise's office and he hadn't seen the twins Dad. He liked Blaise Zabini, he knew the man tried hard to keep his family together, but he also knew that the reason Bane was getting the help he needed was because Blaise was making sure of it.

"So does your Mom know? That Bane's in the hospital?" Fred asked hesitantly. They were sitting in the hospital waiting room. Bane was attempting lunch at the moment, so they had to wait. Blaise had been unble to come since he was seeing his law team about the whole divorce thing (Jay had told him but Bane didn't know yet). He hoped Lady Zabini knew, that her son was in the hospital, what she had done, but he was guessing that the woman didn't know or didn't care. She was, in his opinion, a cold-hearted bitch and the Zabini family would be better off without her.

OOC: You wanna play the Mom so I can be Blaise? Makes it a bit easier since I also get to play Grandma Zabini upon occasion. I doubt the twins Mum will be around a lot, unless she tries to get custody of the twins (or just Bane) to mess with Blaise.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:37 pm

((I kinda just want to leave her in the abstract like we've been doing....pushy abusive parents...not really my cup o'tea...))

Jay was pacing. He couldn't sit in this cold, clean little waiting room. His brother was having lunch and they had to wait until he was done. Jay prayed to God that Bane was actually eating and not just pushing the food around on his tray.
"I haven't seen her." Jay murmured when Fred mentioned his mother. "Nor do I really want to at this point. I think she's shown enough of her love." Jay muttered, raking his fingers through his hair as he continued to pace around the room.

When the nurse came around, Jay almost sighed in relief. He kept a pace behind the nurse as she led them back to the Zabini's private room, and she let Jay open the door. The sight of his twin hooked up to all the wires, looking at shitty as Jay felt (and probably a bit worse), was not something Jay could prepare himself for even though he'd tried. Still, he managed a small smile for the sake of his twin and stepped into the room.

"Hey, I brought a friend, hope you don't mind." Jay said, pushing the door open further so that Fred could walk in right behind him.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:45 pm

OOC: Works for me, she's sort of a bitch hey? Also, all this eating disorder stuff comes from personal experience. So I do actually know what I'm talking about, oddly enough =] Also Alice and Scorp are adorable, and I can just see Draco's mental anguish yet adorableness at the idea.

BIC:

"Makes sense to me" Fred said as he followed Jay and the nurse down the hall. Like Jay, he was not mentally prepared for seeing Bane all hooked up to machines and drips and all sorts of other medical mumbo jumbo. However what really scared him was how small Bane looked in the bed, a half eaten cup of soup in front of him which the nurse was hurriedly clearing away.

"Hey" Bane said with a soft grin, pushing his bangs back from his face. He needed a hair cut.
"Don't mind at all" Bane said, "I'm bored out of my skull here" He added with a wry grin. Fred glared at him and his face fell slightly.
"M'sorry" He apologized to Fred, "Know I worried you" He added.
"Just don't do it again, thought I'd lost my partner in crime there for a bit" Fred said, an easy smile flowing onto his face as he sat down next to Bane on the bed and carefully giving him a hug.
"I'm not going anywhere" Bane said, shifting slightly so Jay had room on the bed as well.
"Where's Dad?" Bane asked curiously, sort of surprised to see his twin and best friend here without Blaise.

----

"Why did Fred go to Italy?" Molly Weasley asked Alice and Rose in disbelief. "Especially without asking. I know George and Angelina let him be impulsive but this really is to much" She fussed as she tidy the kitchen and made lunch simultaneously.
"You girls set the table" She said sternly, "But first you tell me whats going on? Fred knows better, just like his namesake he is. Always off rushing about" She fretted. When she got her hands on her grandson she was going to tan his peachy hide.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:05 pm

((*hugs* I had a friend who started to scare us because we noticed she was forcing up the meals she ate once everyone had left the table. Luckily we managed to help her out before it got too serious. So I've been in Jay's shoes....and yes, Alice and Scorpius are adorable and i love it!))

Jay chewed his lip, knowing that now probably wasn't the best time to tell Bane about the divorce. Not when his health was all they needed to worry about really. Instead Jay let Fred talk to his brother for a while. But when Bane brought the question up again, Jay scrambled for an answer.

"We went ahead of him." Jay finally said. "Couldn't wait any longer to see you. He'll be here soon." Jay promised, patting his brother's shoulder gently. So it was a little white lie, but Jay managed it along with a smile.
"Hey, I brought the deck," Jay said, fishing out a box of cards from his pocket. "I figured you'd want to pass the time by with some fun." He said, smirking at his twin.

-------------

Alice quickly tucked away her letter, shoving it into the pocket of her pants when Molly came down after Rose had gone to tell her about Fred. Rose looked a bit mortified at her Grandmother, who started busing about instantly in her worry. Alice couldn't help but giggle because she really did love Grandma Weasely. She was a mother and Grandmother to everyone under her roof.

"Bane's been sick." Alice answered quietly. "Hasn't been eating right and they sent him to the hospital last night." Alice explained, leaping up to help Rose set the table for an early lunch.
"Jay called to tell him and Fred left. Jay's got a bit of a fluke for floo...." Alice murmured the last bit under her breath because she wasn't quite sure if anyone else noticed the timid twin's aversion to fire. "If Jay was calling about it, then it was serious....they probably went to the hospital together to check up on Bane. People who have family and loved one to visit tend to heal faster. I'm sure they want him here for New Years." There she went...rambling again...
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Bane grinned wryly at his twin. "You thought right, I've only been here a day and I'm beyond bored" He said, shifting so he was sitting up a bit on the bed. Fred chuckled, "Card sharks, the lot of you' He said sternly.
"Alright what shall we play?" He asked, realizing that Bane didn't know about the divorce and Jay wasn't going to tell him. Biting his lip, he hated keeping stuff from his friend,

"How about Go Fish?" Bane asked, naming the muggle game that had caused the three boys much amusment in the past. Nodding in agreement, Fred snagged the cards from Jay and began to shuffle and deal them, a small smile breaking out on his face at the relaxed action.
Bane chuckled and glanced down at his cards, wincing slightly as one of the implements in his arms tugged, though he quickly brushed it off.
"Got any twos?"

----

Molly frowned as she listened to Alice speak.
"Oh that poor boy, no wonder Fred's gone and run off. I'll have to speak to Mr. Zabini see if they need anything. Poor dear" She said as she continued to bustle about, setting the table for a large meal.
"I hope he can come for New Years but if the poor dear's been ill then he doesn't need us pressuring him" She added, shooting her Granddaughter a stern look. Rose was much like Hermione and sometimes tended to forget that people were people and not experiments. Hermione was often the same, tending to need a swift shove back to reality when her analytical mind took over.

"I'll floo Mr. Zabini later, see if the boys can even come for New Years. I'd love to have them of course, the Burrow's not been the same since everyone moved out, but if Bane's been sick then we must let them be" She said as she continued to bustle about, a small smile on her face at the prospect of a full house.

George walked into his parents' house a small grin on his face. Fred and the other grandkids had spent the night with his parents, at his mother's reuqest and now he was looking forward to seeing his son.
"Hey Mum" He said, kissing her cheek. "Where's my kid?" He asked.
"Gone off to the hospital" Molly said, shoving a sandwich in George's hands.
"What?!?" George cried, plate dropping fo the floor.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Jay didn't miss the hesitation that passed over Fred's face as Jay kept the divorce out of the conversation. And he was glad that Fred didn't mention it either. He hated lying to his twin just as much as Fred. Now just wasn't the time. He was about to start shuffling when Fred snatched the deck from him.
"Hey!" He half shouted in surprise. "Oh like I can't shuffle a deck of cards myself!" he added, smirking at the light joke while Fred shuffled and dealt out the cards.

"Nope, go fish." Jay sighed, rearranging his cards and tossing down a pair of threes. "Got any Queens?" he asked instead. "You ever wonder who came up with this silly games that we get hooked into playing?" Jay said, with a chuckle. Go fish. Hooked. He laughed softly, holding his cards against his chin to hide half his smirk.

-------------------

Rose's jaw hit the floor and she gawked at her Grandmother. "I would never!" she half squeaked, her pride utterly wounded that the mere suggestion that she would push her friends. Yes it would be nice to have them here for the celebration, but Bane's health came first. Rose would rather like to see him come spring term.

Alice found herself chuckling again and then promptly sitting down to eat as the food started to appear on the table. Molly was a wirl-wind when she started cooking. George showed up then and Alice gave a little wave. When Molly announced that Fred was in the hospital, Alice winced.

"Not exactly." Alice said quickly as Rose saved the plate from shattering into pieces against the floor. "He's gone to see Bane, who's in the hospital." Alice answered again swiftly. "He only left half an hour ago...." she added as well while Rose gave her Uncle a reassuring hug.
"He's fine Uncle George." Rose said, ushering him to a seat at the table so that anything he continued to drop wouldn't shatter.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:28 pm

"Nope, you cheat" Both Bane and Fred replied cheekily as Bane grabbed a new card from the deck, adding it to his hands.
"Go Fish" Fred said with a grin, "Any sixes?" Bane groaned and handed his sixes over to his friend.
"It was Fred's Aunt Hermione" Bane reminded them. "When we were little, well it was the summer after are first year. She was trying to teach her family muggle card games since she was so fed up with exploding snap and we all got involved" He told them, looking at his cards.
"Got any aces?"

Blaise leaned against the door to the private room, watching his sons and friend play cards. Chuckling, he stepped away from the door to speak to Bane's healer, to find out just how badly off his son was. He was careful to make sure that none of the teens saw him, he'd be back in a minute to see them so he didn't want to get any hopes up before he spoke to the healer.

----

George collapse into a chair and glowered at his mother.
"Why couldn't you lead with that?" He grumbled in annoyance. "I know Fred and me gave you many scares as a kids but you don't need to return the favour now" He said in annoyance.
"Sorry dear" Molly said with a smirk.

"Thank you Rose, Alice" George said, nodding at the girls. "So whats wrong with Bane? Is he okay?" He wondered if he should give Blaise a shout, since their kids were so close he and the Italian lord were fairly good friends. Poor Blaise, he never took anything happening to his kids well.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Jay growled as he had to draw from the deck and he placed the new card in his hold. He watched between Fred and his brother as the game continued and he rolled his eyes as they answered his question.
"I know who introduced it to us." He said. "I meant like, how did the damn game ever start? Like the very first game, who came up with this 'go fish' idea?" He asked, but then Bane was asking if he had an aces and damn it he had the ace of diamonds. Jay groaned and handed the card over to his brother. "F ucker." Jay muttered, though there was a smirk on his face to show that he was only teasing.

"Alright, got any eights?" Jay asked, looking at his cards once. He blinked and glanced over at the door. He frowned lightly, having thought he saw a shadow at the door. Maybe it was just a doctor walking by or something. Not giving it a second thought, Jay turned back to the game, looking expectantly at Fred with raised eye brows. "Eight?" he asked again.

-----------

"You're welcome Uncle." Rose sighed, walking around the table to sit next to her friend.
"Mr. Weasley." Alice answered back just as politely while making herself a sandwhich from the spread across the table. "How are you feeling now?" Alice asked curiously, glancing at Rose.
"Hungry. You?"
"Quite parched. I wonder if it's an affect..." Alice said while Rose poured her a glass of juice from the pitcher on the table.

The two girls exchanged a glance when George questioned them about Bane. They both nodded to each other and Rose spoke up first.
"It's dreadful." Rose murmured. "Bane's....he's been suffering from an eating disorder." Rose sighed and Alice took a long drink from her glass.
"Apparently last night something happened and they had to take Bane to the hospital. Even worse Jay called Fred right away and that's when he left." Alice added while Rose worked on her full plate of lunch.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Fred grumbled and handed Jay his one and only eight. "Jerk" He grumbled playfully.
"Dunno, maybe it was muggles back in the dark ages?" He suggested, "They needed something to amuse themselves" He added.
"Got any nines?" He asked Bane who grumbled and handed over his nines.
"Muggles are weird" Bane said, wrinkling his nose, he had never actually met a muggle, but he still thought they were weird.

Blaise nodded and thanked the Healer as he headed back down the hallway to Bane's room.
"Having fun?" The Italian lord drawled as he entered the room, smiling at his two children and Fred.
"Yea" Bane responded, offering his father a wry smile. It killed Blaise to see his son like this, hooked up to different tubes with dark circles under his too-thin face. But he was smiling and that was all that really mattered to Blaise at the end of the day.
"Hello Fred" Blaise greeted his son's best friend.
"Hell Blaise" Fred said, he'd been asked in his second year to call Mr. Zabini by his first name.

----

George sighed, "I'll head over to the hospital and check on Fred and talk to Blaise then" He said, shoving his sandwich away. He ignored his mother's glower as he headed outside to apperate. He knew his old friend wouldn't be handling this well, not with everything else going on.

Molly watched her son go before piling more food on Alice's plate absentmindedly. It was what she did in times of turmoil, feed people. She wasn't sure how she would handle Bane being at the Burrow for New Years, if he was allowed of course.
"What are you two girls going to do today then?" Molly asked as she sat down next to his granddaughter, her own plate in front of her.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Jay grinned and happily took the card from Fred, adding the pair of cards to his small pile. He shuffled his cards about while Fred and Bane took their turns. He was just about to ask Bane for a card when their father walked into the room. Jay blinked for a few seconds because maybe Blaise was the shadow that Jay had seen earlier. But that was odd. If his father had shown up earlier, he would have come in, just like now.

"Just playing a round of go-fish because Fred can't handle poker." Jay teased gently, placing his cards in his lap while Blaise came to join them.
He couldn't help but smile because Bane seemed to light up a little bit more. Which was great. It was nice to see Bane smiling.
Picking his cards back up, Jay nudged his brother's hand gently.
"Got any twos?" he asked.

-----------------

Alice and Rose exchanged glances again while George wandered out of the kitchen. Rose chuckled as Molly continued to pile food on their plates while they sat patiently at the table.
"Thank you Molly." Alice said, laughing. "I want to right a letter....but maybe we should go and visit Bane as well..." Alice murmured after a thought, glancing at Rose.
"Maybe we should make him a card." Rose added.
Alice grinned. "And get him some balloons that say get well! Apparently muggles do it all the time. Balloons are becoming a meduim for healing in their lives and they don't even know it." Alice rambled and Rose grinned.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Blaise chuckled, "Your father, for all his gambling ways, isn't great at poker either" The man said, pulling a chair over and settling it next to the bed.
He settled back, not saying anything just watching the kids play and relax. He was so beyond relieved to see Bane relaxing and smiling, but it just made this all the harder. After speaking with the Healer they had discussed Bane's healing. Bane would be able to come home for Christmas, just for the day, then Bane would have to return to the hospital. It was still up in the air how long his son would be in the hospital, but it was looking a bit better since Bane had managed to eat some soup today and it had stayed down, which apparently was a good thing.

----

Molly frowned, "Maybe you two should wait and talk to Fred before you go visiting. We don't know how the boy is feeling and to many visitors at once might overwhelm him" She cautioned, she was sure that the last thing that Bane or the Zabini family needed was the two girls rushing in and bugging him. Plus she knew that while Bane tolerated Alice and Rose, he wasn't close with them.
"Maybe talk to Fred and see what woud be best, or your Uncle George when he comes back" She said sternly.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Alice glanced over at Rose, and the two girls nodded mutely in agreement with Molly. They would wait for Fred to get back. He would let them know if it was all right to go and visit Bane today. At the very least they could go tomorrow in the morning....Alice tapped her fingers against the table, wondering if her mother would show up today or tomorrow. It wasn't uncommon for Luna to be a bit absent-minded about certain things. But Alice didn't take offense to it. Luna knew that her daughter was safe here with the Weaslys, and thus she didn't need to worry in the least.
"I want to write that letter to Scorpius." Alice murmured to Rose.
"I have to help clean up from lunch anyway." Rose said, waving off her friend, who eagerly took off to Rose's room upstairs. Alice could feel their experimental potion starting to wear off as she was half-way through her letter. She had already explained how her mother took up some research and she was staying at the Weaslys, which explained the tardiness of her response. She added in the bit about Bane being in the hospital, and the words started to blur in her visions. Alice found herself laughing as the exhaustion weighed on her arms and her head.

Alas I would write more, but my potion is wearing off and I can barely stay away. Hope to see you soon.
Truly,
Alice.
She managed to finish the letter off, attached it to Rose's owl, and the bird flew off eagerly. A few seconds later, Alice fell dead asleep at Rose's desk.

--------------

The day went by much too fast for Jay. He and Fred had managed to get a few smiles and grins and laughs out of Bane, and that was a day well spent in Jay's mind. Someone, somewhere had once told Jay that laughter was one of the best medicines in the world. It had it's own magic, in Jay's opinion, and maybe if they could keep Bane laughing and keep him happy, he'd have a faster recovering.

George had shown up at some point during the day, Jay forgot when. He had talked with Blaise for a while, and then joined in on the card games. Then the nurse had come in with Bane's dinner, and to remind them that visiting hours were nearly over for the day. Jay had clenched his jaw and did his best not to shot dagger with his eyes at the nurse. He hated the thought of leaving. If anything, he hated it more than yesterday. He didn't want to leave his brother. At times, people probably thought they were complete opposites, that they never really got along, that Bane was all fire, harsh and fierce when stirred, and Jay was the cold ice that could be melted into soothing water once you got to know him. But in all honesty, it wasn't like that at all. Sure, Jay was quiet and Bane was loud. But they were twins. No matter how much Bane would try to get on Jay's nerves, Jay could never stay mad at his brother. He could never hate his brother. And he could never sit by and watch while his twin had to suffer alone.

"Can't I stay the night?" Jay whispered to Blaise while Fred and George were talking, saying their good-byes. "We shouldn't have to leave. He needs us here." Jay murmured.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Molly watched Alice disappear up the stairs to write her letter. She and Rose quickly got the kitchen back in working order before she sent her granddaughter off to have a nap. The girls had been into something last night and had gotten no sleep and she could see how exhausted Rose was now.

Glancing up as George and Fred walked in the door, she gave her son and grandson tight hugs before gesturing them both to sit down.
"How is he?" She asked the pair once they had a plate of busicuits and tea in front of them.
"Not to good, he's pretty sick actually" Fred said with a sigh, "And really embaressed"
"Poor lad. Is he up for anymore visitors? I know the girls were wanting to see him"
George shook his head, "I doubt he wants the pity or anything, he was good with us there, but anyone else might be a bit much for him" The red haired man said, giving Fred a squeeze.
"And New Years? Hows that looking?" Molly asked, she had the overwhelming urge to send a care package to the Zabini family but she wasn't sure how that would go over.
"Dunno yet, depends on how well he does this week" George said, "Blaise is pulling some strings so he can be home for Christmas, but it all comes down to what the Healer says"

----

Blaise watched George and Fred leave before he turned his attention to Jay.
"I'll speak to the Healer" He told his son softly, he agreed. He thought Jay staying might actually help Bane, besides he donated enough money to this hospital that they should damn well listen to him.

After a hurried conversation with the Healer and quite a few threats, Blaise returned to his son.
"You can stay, don't let the nurses harass you though, they're quite oppinionated on this matter" He said with a sneer. The Healer had warned him that some of the younger nurses and trainees weren't exactly understanding about Bane's condition because he was male.

Saying goodbye to his son and promising to come back the next day. Blaise left the pair, leaving Jay to explain to his twin what was going on.
"Why didn't you go with Dad?" Bane asked Jay, arching an eyebrow at his twin as he pushed away his half-eaten soup. He had stomached more then he had for lunch but over all he still couldn't handle much food.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:18 pm

((omgish I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to this. I hope you had a wonderful christmas!!))

Jay gave his father a hug and rolled his eyes at the mention of the nurses. He could handle them. He wasn't worried about that at all. Seeing his father off, Jay wandered back into his brother's room, kicking his bag under one of the chairs. He'd brought it with him this morning, fully prepared to stay with his twin for the night.

As Bane pushed away his tray, Jay picked it up and placed it on the table next to the door. He didn't want Bane thinking about the food in front of him. He knew Bane could only eat so much, so Jay was content with the fact that Bane ate at least half the soup.
"I'm staying with you for the night." Jay answered smoothly. "It's dreadfully boring back at the house without you." He added with a gentle smile.

"You remember that year we spent St. Patricks Day at Grans and you smuggled those bottles of wine from the cellar? You got so drunk you passed out, and I was the one left listening to Gran rambling about the passing of that old fart-face?" Jay was half-giggling as he spoke because he was remembering the day as he spoke. Remembering how Bane had laughed when he was drunk off the two and a half bottles of wine they drank. Remembering him snoring when he passed out.
"That's how boring it is at the house now." He added with another laugh.

"Besides, it couldn't have been much fun here last night." Jay added with a gentle smile on his face. He knew his brother had been upset throughout the whole night. Jay could barely sleep at all after everything that happened. As it was, Jay figured that even if he had gone home, he wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. He'd probably be up tossing and turning until visiting hours started and then he'd come right back here. This was probably going to keep happening again and again until Bane was released and allowed to come home.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:43 pm

"I do make things much more entertaining" Bane said with a dramatic wiggle of his eyebrows.
"Mm I remember that, wine is good" He added, licking his lips in remeberance of the fruity, yet sweet red wine he had pilfered from his Father's wine cellar.
"I don't think Dad's ever been so mad though, I was I to know that bloody wine was so valuable?" He added, eyebrows furrowing at the memory.

"Well either way 'm glad you're here, hospitals are no fun" He added, flopping back on the bed in a fit of dramatics. Though he'd only been here for over a day, he was already feeling mildly better. Even half a cup of soup was helping him as well as his come down off the nutrient potions that had been posioning his system. He just hoped he'd be out of the hospital by christmas so he could celebrate with his friends and family.

"M'sorry" He murmured suddenly, looking at Jay. "I'm so sorry Jay, for this, for all of this" He said, blinking away tears, Bane did not cry. "For believing Mum, for letting myself get this way. For putting you and Fred through hell these last few months. I won't do it again, not ever" He shook his head venhemently. He may not have believed something was wrong, but spending the day with Fred and Jay, feeling the weakness in his limbs at a simple card game, seeing the fear and worry in his brother, father and best friend's eyes as they gazed at him had impacted the teen. He would never, ever do this again, never let someone as shallow as his mother (as if she even deserved the term) dictate how he looked and how he felt about himself.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Jay could help but grin as his brother started making jokes. That was both a good sign and a bad sign. Good sign that he felt well enough to make jokes in the first place, but most often Bane just used the humor to mask his feelings. Jay laughed along with him though, and nodded in agreement.
"He should have put labels on them or something." Jay muttered. "We should do that again sometime though." He added as he pulled one of the chairs up alongside Bane's bed again. The nurses had a tendency to tidy the place up whenever they came to check on Bane. Including putting the chairs back in the corners. Like they belonged there. Anyone who was ever using a chair would want to be next to the bed in the first place.

Jay blinked away his thoughts at the sickening feeling in his gut. His eyes refocused on his brother and he did his best not for frown. Bane was tearing up...Jay sat forward in his chair, grabbing his brother's shoulder.
"Hey, don't work yourself up Bane. Fred and I would do anything for you Bane," Jay said with a warm smile. "What are brothers for right? I just wished we could have done more for you sooner..." Jay said with a soft sigh.
"But you're not the one to blame for this, Mom is. None of this is your fault Bane. She tricked you into thinking this was a good idea. You don't have to apologize for her." Jay said, trying to keep his voice as leveled as possible. Honestly, he wasn't sure how he could ever face his mother again after what she'd done to Bane.
Jay took a deep breath and squeezed his twins shoulder.
"Don't worry about that now. All I want you to focus on is getting well enough that you can come home for the holidays." Jay said, grinning slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   

Back to top Go down

Hogwarts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next