Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Hogwarts

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:01 pm

((eep Christmas sleeve over. There must be hot chocolate and cookies and cakes and ghost stories by the fire!))

Alice was picking at the string wrapped around Jay's fingers. They were playing an extreme version of Cat's Craddle, which Jay was begining to realize that Alice probably made up two minutes before they started. Because he'd been holding this twisted position for a minute and was loosing the feeling in his thumb and pinky on his left hand. Alice was picking away at the string particularly, like ever move needed to be delicate, or it wouldn't work probably. Jay chewed his lip, glancing up as Scorpius sat down across from the table. He was surprised when Alice didn't give him a second glance. Apparently her cat-craddle needed more attention than the oblivious blonde. Jay had noticed Alice's little crush long before the girl had been willing to admit. And she was so quirky on a daily basis, that she became even more cooky while around Scorpius, which Jay realized was Alice expression her anxiety. Half the time, it just made Scorpius smile and that in turn made Alice blush behind her bright brown hair.

"Alice, I can't feel my fingers." Jay finally voiced while Alice continued to stare at the string. "I'm glad you'll be joining us. Alice just got permission yesterday. Bane and I are staying for two nights I think." Jay said, wincing as Alice finally pinched the strings she wanted, twisted and pulled them away from Jay's fingers. She let out a laugh as she pulled the strings together. The notes outlined a broom stick.
"I told you it would work." Alice said, turning her hands for Scorpius to see.
"I never doubted you." Jay said as an odd chill ran down his spine. Bane. He turned slowly, glaring over at the Gryffindor table in enough time to see his twin toss down a letter and rub his eyes roughly. Shit...he got another letter from Mum. Jay swallowed hard and Alice's hand was on his shoulder. She gave him a meaningful look and Jay left the table to talk with him brother.

"The poor boys...." Alice sighed, watching her best friend wander off. She glanced over at Scorpius then and her smile returned. "I'm glad you'll be spending New Years with us. I think it says a great deal about the world don't you? Everyone coming together not only for Christmas but to bring in the New Year as well. It's almost like we're welcoming in not just a New Year, but a new way of living." Alice was rambling. It always happened when it was just to two of them, and Alice could never stop herself. Unless she needed to breathe. Taking a slow breathe, Alice gave Scorpius a small smile again.

Jay sat down next to Fred, and while Bane wasn't watching he snatched the letter from the table, tucking it into his pocket. He'd picked up the talent of having quick fingers from his brother, and usually he could get past everyone beside Bane and Fred. But while Fred and Bane were talking, he knew no one was watching.
"So Scorpius is actually excited about joining us for New Years!" He said, grinning at his brother. "Who'd of thought huh?" he questioned, laughing in disbelief. "You sure everyone will be alright with it?" he asked Fred then, looking a bit concerned.
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Scorpius grinned at Alice as Jay left the table to deal with Bane. Everyone had noticed Bane's problem lately but there was nothing they could do about it. The last time someone had confronted him, he had cursed them so badly they had had to spend the night in the Hospital Wing, Rose had avoided Bane ever since, though she kept leaving eating disorder literature in the Gryffindor Common Room apparently.

"It will be a lot of fun" Scorpius said, giving Alice his full attention. He nodded in agreement to her statement. "Far cry from the world our parents grew up in hey? No way twenty years ago a Slytherin would ever go to the Weasleys house, unless it was to curse them" He said with a sigh, "Is your Mum coming? I know she's good friends with Ginny Potter" He asked her curiously. He was dying to meet Alice's mother, she sounded like such an interesting woman.

Bane glanced up as Jay came and joined them. He noticed his twin snag the letter but he didn't respond. He didn't care of Jay saw what she had written, he was used to it now, her harsh words. She no longer treated Bane like a son but like an employee but Bane understood why she did it. She was trying to prepare him for what life as a male model would be like and he could take it.
"Is he? Wicked" Fred said with a grin, "Shouldn't be a problem, I know my Uncle Ron hates all things Malfoy, but Scorpius is staying at our house with you guys, so it shouldn't be a problem since my Dad and Draco Malfoy actually get on quite well" Fred said.
"You all packed to go home tomorrow?" Bane asked his twin, "Dad and Mum won't be there till Christmas eve, but Grandma said she'd be around with some new husband. So that should be fun" He said, rolling his eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://lonevega.webs.com/
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Alice found herself turning on the bench and leaning forward to rest her chin in both her hands while she watched Scorpius. She grinned because he seemed to follow exactly where her rambling was going. He understood what she was talking about and he kept the idea going.
"New Years is one of my favorite holidays." Alice said in agreement to the holidays being fun.
"Mom and I are spending Christmas together, and then we'll be heading to the Weasley's house." Alice explained. "But she won't be staying for New Years. At least I don't think so....she said she's working on some research in Whales...." Alice trailed off with a silent shrug. She wasn't too worried. She was used to her mother going off on research tangents whenever an idea managed to consume her mother's thoughts, as they were apt to do more frequently these days.

"Hence the reason I'm staying with Fred for the rest of the holidays. Mum didn't want me home alone." Alice said, letting her arms drop to the side.

Jay sighed as Bane glanced over when he tucked the paper away. "Yea I'm all packed and ready to go." He said with a small nod to his twin. "Are you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow curiously. it wasn't like they needed to take too much home, just enough clothes for the days they were staying at home and then at Fred's for New Years.

Jay's gaze lingered on his brother and he tried not to frown too deeply. He could see the exhaustion under Bane's eyes, and the way he refused to even look at the food across the tables. In fact, Jay was pretty sure that Bane hadn't touched anything on the dinner table. Jay chewed his lip, wondering if his brother had eaten anything today. A quick flick of his gaze to Fred hardly answered his question, but he hoped the red-head knew the answer. If Bane was going hours without eating again....this was getting more out of hand then he thought. Jay was wondering if they were going to have to charm Bane into forgetting about all of this....it wasn't going well and he knew when they went home for Christmas, Jay was going to have to tell their father....but he wasn't sure how that would work out, especially if their Mother was around to just urge and snap at Bane. Jay was suddenly grateful that they wouldn't be spending the entire holiday at home.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:37 pm

"Really? Thats cool, your Mum has done some amazing work on creatures" Scorpius said with a small smile, "My Dad has all her books, he really enjoys them, though he'd never admit it" He added with a chuckle.
"Its nice that you have Fred to stay with, but why not Rose? I know you two are friends" Scorpius asked curiously. He found he really enjoyed talking to Alice, she was simply facinating.
"I'll probably spend Christmas in France with my family and the Goyles, they always spend Christmas with us" He told her, not really sure why. When Alice was around he found he tended to just babble, telling her anything and everything, though he had no idea why.

"Hey Alice" He sighed, "Have you noticed something going on with Bane, I mean more so lately?" He asked her. "I know he has...problems, but I dunno lately it seems so much worse" He said softly, making sure no one sitting nearby heard them. Since hanging out with the ragtag group more, he found himself more and more concerned about the tall, slender teen.

----

Fred caught Jay's eye and shook his head slightly. Bane had had some fruit for breakfast but that was the last thing he had seen his friend eat. He was hoping his Grandmother would ply the boy with food over the Holidays. Or maybe he could get Uncle Harry to talk to him about not eating. Harry had been starved by the Dursleys after all.

Bane glanced at his brother, chuckling softly.
"Yea I'm pretty much packed, don't really need all that much stuff. We should be going soon though, the carriages leave in an hour" He said casting a 'tempus' charm.

"Keep in touch yea? Maybe we can meet up at Diagon before New years and do some shopping or something" Fred said with a small smile. "My Dad won't mind since the holidays are some of his busiest times and your parents won't be around to care" He said with a chuckle.
"Yea sure, I'll probably have sme last minute shopping to do anyway" Bane said, standing up and stretching. His shirt rode up slightly, revealing his abs, which despite not eating, were nice and toned. Bane wasn't a walking skeleton, not by a long shot, he didn't even look like he had an eating disorder but to anyone who knew him, it was obvious he had lost a considerable amount of weight and toned his body. He was a lot fitter then he had been, but he had a more willowy appearance, he no longer had the bulky muscles associated with beaters.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Alice felt the heat rise to her face when Scorpius chuckled and laughed and smiled. She found herself mirroring him, smiling when he smiled, laughing softly whenever he laughed. She swallowed hard to keep herself from saying something stupid. She pressed her arms to the table and just tilted her head gently as she listened to him.
"Rose is wonderful." Alice agreed. "She's easily one of my best friends. But you know how mother's and daughter can't kept but mirror one another. We can hardly speak for more than a minute before we're talking about the substantial evidence against cats being one of natures most living creatures rather than dogs, and suddenly Lily is laughing so much she can barely breathe and we have to stop talking to make sure she's alive." Alice answered, and she rubbed her neck, nervous as she continued to babble.

As Scorpius asked her about Bane, Alice turned to see the lean twin standing and stretching. A frown covered her face for a moment. She considered Jay to be a friend who was like an older brother, and by default so was Bane although they hardly spoke as often whenever they all hung out together.
"Jay hasn't told me much." Alice admitted quietly. "Something about their Mother, you know she designs clothes. Honestly I don't think Bane is eating properly..." she added softly with a sad look on her face. "I know it's got Jay worried. He's attracting more Wrackspurts every day...."

Jay took a deep breath when Fred shook his head. He was about to offer Bane a piece of peanut-brittle when his twin stood and stretched. He was getting ready to leave and Jay had a horrible feeling that as soon as they got home, Bane would hardly touch anything. He was really getting concerned about his brother, and he wasn't at all sure how to go about this.
"We should definitely go shopping. I still need to get presents for you guys." Jay said, hoping he sounded more lively than he felt. "Yea let's get going. We'll see you soon." Jay said, patting Fred on the shoulder and walking off with his twin.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:52 pm

OOC: I'll respond tomorrow =/ I'm so tired. I didn't sleep like at all last night
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:53 pm

((no worries! Get some sleepy lovely *hugs* I hope you feel better tomorrow))
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Scorpius shrugged, "Ah" He said, "I can see that, Rose is very factual, just like Professor Granger. Lily?" He asked curiously, he had heard the name before, but he wasn't sure if he knew who she was talking about.
As she began speaking about Bane and Jay and some animals that he had never heard of, he glanced at the twins again.
"I know he's not eating properly. Something to do with his mother's fashion career and his budding modeling career. Fred and Jay know more about then I do though" He said, grabbing his bag.
"We should go though, the train will be leaving soon and I would hate to miss it" He said with a small smile.
"Alice?" He asked suddenly, "Would you mind if I wrote you over the Holidays? Just until New Years of course, but I would like to keep in touch with you" He added nervously. He was a bit nervous about asking her, he wasn't sure why, but he was.

---

"You haven't shopped for me yet? I'm wounded brother" Bane said dramatically, causing Fred to laugh before he and the Jay left the hall. While most students took the train to Kings Cross Station, the twins had to floo home from the Headmistresses office because no one could meet them at the station.

"Our trunks have already been sent home" Bane said as they entered the office after speaking the password (Catnip).
"See you boys in the New Year" McGonagall said, ushering them into the fireplace. Bane flashed his twin a reassuring smile, knowing that Jay wasn't overly fond of this way of travel.

Calling out for Zabini Manor, Bane was whooshed away in a fire of green smoke. Landing unsteadily in the fire place, Bane stepped free quickly so he could be there to catch Jay when he came shooting out.
"You alright?" Bane asked curiously, laying a steadying hand on Jay's shoulder as his twin was spat out of the fire. "An elf already informed me no one's home, so what would you like to do?" He asked his twin, they're belongings had been put away by the elves, so they didn't have to unpack.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:24 pm

"Lily is the youngest of the Potter. This is her first year and Rose has taken the little one under her wing. She's terribly shy until you get to know her." Alice explained softly with a gentle smile and chuckle. Hearing that the train was going to be leaving soon, Alice gasped, wondering where the time had gone. She reached under the table for her messenger bag and jacket, which she quickly tossed around her shoulders.

She was busy pulling her hair out from her hood, that at first she didn't hear Scorpius calling her. Instead, she heard some question about writing letters over the break. Alice's breath caught in her throat and she laughed somewhat nervously.
"Of course you can." Alice told him. "I had planned to send you a Christmas card."

--------

"I haven't shopped for Fred yet you idiot." Jay muttered playfully. As everyone started getting ready to head for the train, Jay growled as they headed up to the Headmistriss' office. He hated traveling like this. He hated the image of his twin going up in flames. He hated the thought of fire eating at him. He swallowed hard when Bane went first. His gaze flickered away from his brother at the last second, not wanting that imagine in his mind. Maybe one day he would get to the bottom of this fire-fear, but for now, Mcgonagal was pushing him forward gently, and shoving powder into his fist.

Taking a deep breath, Jay called out for his house and tossed the powder down. In a moment of delirium, Jay felt the fire biting at his skin. He felt the heat choking the breath out of him. Just went the panic started to swell in his chest, Jay was falling out of their manor's chimney and into the waiting arms of his twin.

Jay sucked in breath after breath and he swallowed hard as Bane steadied him. "I hate that." He growled, running his fingers through his hair as he stood straight. "Yea, I'm fine." He muttered, though his face was still pale, his hands were clammy, and sweat was running down the side of his face.
"They aren't home yet? I thought they'd get here in time to see us...." Jay muttered with a rough sigh.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Scorpius nodded in understanding. "I guess with James and Albus as older brothers one would be fairly shy" He muse.
"Thanks Alice, I'll send you a card as well" He responded, blushing lightly.
"I have to go meet up with my friends, for the ride" He added, grabbing his bag and slipping on his jacket as he headed outside towards the waiting carriages.
Catching sight of Cale and Vince, he caught up with them grinning contenly as he clambered into the carriage.
"Ready for the holidays?" Cale asked, he knew that Scorpius and Vince spent the holidays together, though Cale and his family usually went on a vacation for the holidays, generally some place warm.
"Yea, my Dad's meeting me at the statino then we're going straight to France" Scorpius said with a grin, he couldn't wait to see his Father.
"Nice"

----

Bane wrapped Jay in his arms, reassuring his twin that everything was fine.
"I don't think anyone enjoys flooing" He offered, though he knew that Jay was afraid of the fire, not the actual act of flooing.

He shrugged at his brother's other comment. "When have they ever been here. You know Dad'll try, he might have gotten caught up finishing off work so he could spend most of the Holiday with us" He said with a small grin. Blaise tried, though he was away a lot, the Zabini Lord tried to spend as much time with his children as he could. It was their mother who basically wanted nothing to do with them.

"He'll be home tonight, in time for dinner, I'm sure of it" Bane added as they walked down the hallway.
"I think I'm going to go to the pool, warm up" He added, darting into his room to change into his swim shorts. The Manor was equipped with a large, indoor pool as well as a hot tub and after spending the last few weeks freezing in Scotland, Bane couldn't wait to warm up.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:50 pm

"Bye..." Alice said, watching as Scorpius left to join his friends for the journey home. She smiled softly to herself and turned around to catch a carriage into Hosgmede to meet with her mother. Every year around Christmas time, her and Luna had always walked through Hogsmede, and Luna always let her eat at least one candied apple while Luna took care of a few holiday errands. Then in the evening they would settle by the fire and Luna would listen to all the stories Alice had to tell about the months spent at Hogwarts.

-----------

Jay rolled his eyes and swallowed down the bile still trying to rise up from his stomach. "Pool....hot tub." He muttered in agreement with his twin. He went off to change, and was actually at their pool before his brother, and as soon as he kicked on the hot tub, Jay slipped into the relaxing water.

"So when are we going to Fred's?" Jay asked again, because he hadn't been able to think about anything past mid-term exams. He knew Bane and Fred had talked about their holiday plans over and over and over but it just never stuck in Jay's head. Not when he was stressing about the pounds of school work, plus practicing for his animagus transformations that would start right after holiday, and of course the endless worry of whether or not Bane had eaten that day.
"So I was thinking of some kind of bird as my anigamus." Jay confessed, since he hadn't really talked about it with anyone. "Like a Hawk...or and Eagle."
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Bane grinned as he walked into the heated room where the pool was. Jay was already there, soaking in the warm water.
"Huh? Oh we're going on the 30th till the first, then we have to come back here for a few days before we go back to school" Bane responded with a grin. "Should be fun going over there for a few days, especially since George (he called Fred's father by his first name) is going to show us some of his new inventions" He grinned, eyes sparkling with amusement.
"And since no one knows what they are, they aren't banned from school yet. We should get some awesome pranks done in the new year"

"A bird huh? I'm thinking a fox or a small wild cat for mine. I keep seeing fur when I meditate" He said, "Either way it will be pretty awesome to have a form. Dead useful, especially if you want certain careers, like working for the Deparment of Magical Law Enforcement, I heard everyone who works there needs to have a form" Bane said, pushing his longish bangs back from his eyes.

"So what are you getting Mum and Dad for Christmas?" He asked his twin curiously. "I got Mum a new necklace and a new brooch for Grandma, but I have no idea what to get Dad" The teen bemoaned quietly.
"How about some time with you boys?" A voice sounded from behind them. Whirling, Bane grinned as he saw Blaise standing there, wearing his own pair of swim shorts, a happy grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Jay blinked open his eyes as the last of his panic started to disappear like the vapor of the hot tub. He sighed contently while he listened to his brother and he laughed at the thought of his brother taking the form of a small fox, while he was leaning more towards something with wings.
"Oh the irony." Jay muttered under his breath. Jay had taken the same long block as Bane was now taking last year. Jay's class was focusing mostly on actually taking the form they'd started to discover last year. Granger let the class pace themselves, but Jay was pushing himself. He'd almost had it before the mid-term exams had consumed his life.

"Hopefully I can get my form down after Holiday." Jay sighed because he really wanted it. It wasn't even just for a career, it was something that Jay felt he just needed to have.
"I found this nice scarf last trip to Hogsmede that I think Grandma might like. Apparently you can never loose it." He added. "Like I said, I still need to do some shopping." He muttered. With all that was going on with their mother, Jay hadn't actually been motivated to get his mother anything just yet. He knew he had too....maybe a box of chocolates just in spite. As for their Father, he was twenty times harder to pin when it came to anything, so of course he was just as stumped as Bane.

Hearing the voice of their father though, Jay's head shot up and he turned so fast he splashed hot water all over the floor.
"Dad!" Jay said with a grin. "You're home! Just in time too, the hot tub just finished heated." he added with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Blaise laughed, "A day with you two is all I want for the holidays" He reiterated, clambering into the tub. Bane bounced up, giving his Dad a wet hug and missing the concerned look on Blaise's face as he hugged his son.
"You look different..." Blaise trailed off as he looked Bane over. His son was thin, a lot thinner then he had been just that summer and Bane had never been an overly large kid. He had been muscular because of Quidditch but now he was positively willowy.

"Thanks" Bane grinned, flopping back down ant letting Blaise hug Jay.
"I'm all yours for the holidays now" Blaise said, "I figured my company can run itself for a few weeks. I'd much rather be here with you two and your grandmother anyway"
"What about Mum? Is she taking any time off?" Bane asked curiously.
"Er, no..." Blaise sighed, "You know how your mother is" He raked his fingers through his hair. The Zabini Lord was beyond aggrivated with his 'wife'. He had spoken to his mother and was actually considering starting the proceedings for filing for divorce. Lara clearly didn't care about him or his children. He just had to make sure if he filed for divorce he could keep her from trying to get custody of the twins. He knew she would try, just to spite him.

"That sucks" Bane grumbled, "Is she going to be here at all?" He asked.
"She'll be here for Christmas eve and Christmas morning" Blaise said with a sigh. "Her newest line is taking up a lot of time" He added.
"She asked me to model for her" Bane said excitedly.
"Did she now?" Blaise asked, he knew about the summer work, but he hadn't heard about this newest offer. He glanced at Jay, he'd have to speak to his other son. Maybe this new modeling career was why Bane looked so different.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:36 pm

Jay was grinning as their father joined them in the tub. He watched the concern strike across Blaise's face, and his grin dropped dramatically. Right....of course Dad would notice....he hadn't seen Bane since September, back when he was healthy and fit from Quidditch. Jay had to force down his dismay as Bane sat back with a happy grin, like instead of hearing "different" Bane had heard "good". Jay's gaze flickered to his Father for a moment, his silence returning instantly. Bane struck up the conversation, asking about their mother, telling Blaise about her offer, of course he casually left out the hounding letters and Jay wasn't about to tell Bane about the Holwer he and Fred had interecepted while Bane was in the bathroom during mail-drop.

Hearing that his Mother wasn't going to be here until Christmas, Jay actually felt relieved. He couldn't imagine how it would be if she were here the full length of their vacation.
When Bane mentioned the modeling, Jay watched the puzzle peices play together in Blaise's eyes. When his father's gaze fell on him, Jay gave him a stiff nod in agreement. They needed to talk. Later. When Bane wasn't around.

For now though...
"You know what? We should pull out the cards." Jay said, somehow managing to pull a cheery grin onto his face. "When was the last time we sat down for a game of poker?" he asked, looking between his twin and father.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Blaise looked dismayed for a moment before pulling himself together and grinning at Jay.
"Sounds like a good plan to me" He agreed, "After a good soak though" He said, leaning back against the side of the tub.
"So Grandma is single this year, for Christmas" He said conversationally.

Bane gaped, "Really? Like no husband or boyfriend?" He asked, eyes shining. Bane loved their grandmother, but he hated her significant others.
"Is she coming then? The elf said she was out"
"Yes, she's having tea with some of her friends and finishing off her shopping. But she should be home soon. She wanted to take us three out for dinner" Blaise said with a grin.
"Really?" Bane was shocked, this was working out to be one of the best holidays they had ever had, and it hadn't really even started yet.

"Yea, she missed you boys these last four months. She's getting sentimental in her old age" He said with a chuckle.
"Don't let Grandma here you calling her old" Bane warned, "She cursed Mum the last time she mentioned wrinkle reducing cream" Bane didn't add that he had been using the aforementioned cream at their mother's request.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Jay leaned back against the edge of the hot tub so that his entire body was submereged in the water. Once again, he fell silent and just listened to his father and brother talk. It was almost as soothing as the water because for once they were spending quality time together as a family. They weren't rushing about with Dad having to leave and Mom busy with work or Grandma off on a date, leaving just Jay and Bane to themselves.

For once, they would all be together...and Jay prayed silently that this would start turning Bane back to normal. Especially if Grandma was taking them out to dinner. There was no way she'd let him off the hook without eating. That caused a small strip of panic to shoot through Jay. What if Bane couldn't eat at dinner? He'd nearly cursed a kid during lunch at Hogwarts for calling bane out on skipping the meal. Jay clenched his jaw and swallowed. No...this was family. Bane wouldn't flip out like that...everything would be fine. Maybe he could manage to fill Dad in before dinner...

Jay lifted a hand to run his fingers through his hair. He glanced at his fingers then, laughing at the pruney state they were in from soaking in the water.
"Talking about wrinkles." Jay teased, holding up his fingers with a laugh. "I think I've soaked enough. I'ma get dressed and get the card table ready." Jay murmured, hauling himself out of the tub and getting a towel to dry off his body.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Bane chuckled, nodding in agreement with his twin.
"Meet you in the family room?" He asked as he wrapped a towel around himself.
"Family room" Blaise agreed, catching Jay's eye, he wanted to talk to his son before they met up for cards.

Bane disappeared into his bedroom, wanting a quick shower before he dressed for cards.

Blaise dressed quckly in the locker room just off from the pool. He wanted to speak to Jay and he knew that Bane would take a little while to get ready, his vain son.
Stepping out of the locker room, dressed in a pair of casual black pants and a t-shirt (it wasn't cold in Italy), he headed towards Jay's room.

Knocking on the door, Blaise stuck his head inside, Jay was a lot lower maintance then Bane.
"You decent?" He asked, seeing his son dressed he came in to sit on the bed, setting a charm on the door to alert him if Bane came to close.
"Care to tell me whats going on?" He asked his son, noting Bane's worried expression.

(I'm leaving Scorp out for now, at least until New Years just cause he's alone and so is Alice)
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:13 pm

((Ya I was going to do the same for Alice...maybe in the next day I'll have her send the Christmas Card early or something xD))

Jay knew that his Father would find him as soon as he was dressed. Jay wasn't going to shower just yet. Bane would be doing that and he wasn't about to fight his twin for comfortable water. So instead, he'd merely dried off and went to get dressed. Not a second after he'd pulled his shirt over his head, his father was knocking on the door. He glanced over his shoulder and gave his dad a welcoming smile though it was small.

Staring at his father who was sitting on his bed, Jay suddenly felt a lump growing in his throat. God it couldn't be crashing on him now. Not when he had to tell his father everything that was going on...
First thing was first though. Jay crouched down in order to reach into his bag to pull out the paper that held the message from the howler which had exploded just as Jay had left the Great Hall. He'd tried to right everything down as close as he could remember. Handing the paper over silently, Jay took a deep breath.
"This was everything I could remember from the Howler Mum sent Bane after he stopped sending her letters around Halloween..." Jay murmured. "Me and Fred got a hold of it before Bane could notice....I...Bane's not eating." Jay finally blurted out quietly, stumbling over his words.

It all just stuttered out of his mouth. How Bane took the modeling seriously and wanted to look his best. How Bane wasn't eating meals because he was afraid of gaining the weight. How he was making himself sick even after he ate. How he was taking potions to keep his appetite down. Everything. Everything spilled out of him and by the end of it, Jay was trembling. He couldn't believe this was real. It felt so much more real now that Jay was telling his father. At school, it felt like something he and Fred were managing...now though, Jay realized how much Bane had lost his grip, and how little Jay and Fred were able to do to keep Bane healthy. And it scared Jay. It scared him to his core than his brother--his twin--was willingly doing this to himself.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Blaise set the letter aside as he saw how worried his son was. Hearing everything that was going on, Blaise felt his anger growing, his anger at his soon to be ex wife for what she had inflicted on their child. Wrapping his rms around Jay, he pulled his son against him and murmured soothing things to him.
"Its fine Jay, really there was nothing you could do" he murmured, "This isn't your fault, nor is it Bane's" He added, "This is something your mother has done, her and her obsession with fashion"

As he calmed his son down, he glanced down at the Howler.
"Has she been writing to him all year? Stuff like this?" He asked, looking at the letter. No wonder his son was starving himself, all Lara had done was berate him, going on and on about how if he wanted to succeeded he needed to look better, be better. It was the last thing any insecure teenage boy needed, and Bane had always been a bit insecure.

"So he's not only not eating, but if he does eat he's forcing himself to throw up?" Blaise asked, rubbing a hand over his head. This was not good, this was extremely serious. He wasn't sure him talking to Bane would even help, nor could he monitor his son when he was back at school and clearly Jay and Fred had little impact on the teen's thinking. He shook his head, they may have to explore other options for how to get Bane healthy again.

"I'm so sorry Jay" Blaise said, hugging his son again. "You shouldn't have had to deal with this, with any of it" Blaise said apologetically. "I'm sorry if I've made it so you can't talk to me. You can, about anything. And you don't have to worry about this anymore. We're going to help your brother, or get him help or something. And I'll deal with your mother. I've been considering..." He trailed off, should he let Jay know what was going on.
"Jay, I'm going to divorce your mother. I've been thinking about it for awhile but this, this is the final straw for me. I hadn't realized she'd go this far"
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Jay didn't realize he was crying until the tear hit his father's shirts and soaked the cloth there. He wasn't sobbing though. His body just trembled and the tears just fell. He took a few shallow breaths, letting his father calm him and he quickly put his emotions back into check. He didn't want Bane to come check up on him now. They had that weird twin bond like all other twins. If one was too upset, the other knew without really knowing. It was strange to explain.

Jay chuckled dryly. "He's my brother. I'll always take care of him just like he always takes care of me. Can't help it." He murmured. Glancing at the letters, Jay nodded. "That wasn't the worst of it. She sent one that arrived just yesterday....Bane nearly tossed up the fruit salad Fred had put in front of him." Jay sighed, rubbing his arms gently as he watched his Father pick up the letter and read it over silently.

He blinked at his father when he mentioned the divorce. Some kids might feel their world shattering around them, but if Jay was being honest with himself, he felt relieved, and a smile even twitched at his lips. Then he felt guilty and he stopped the smile before it showed on his face. This was his mother....he shouldn't be...happy about her being shut out of their lives...but he was. Jay swallowed roughly and only nodded.
"I know you always try to do the best for me and Bane." Jay said with a reassuring nod again. "And...I think it'll be good...for...Bane...in the long run at least." His gaze flickered over to the clock on his nightstand. Bane was probably down showering by now and they still needed to set up the card table.

"He'll be waiting for us." Jay murmured, rubbing his face once, running his fingers through his hair and suddenly there was a slightly happy smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Blaise sighed, reading the leters that Lara sent, god what was wrong with that woman? He knew that she had never really be into having kids, but had done it as per they're contract which both had signed.
"You two have always been rather close" Blaise said, rubbing a hand over his tired face.
"I'm still sorry Jay, you can talk to me about anything" He added, standing up and shoving the letters into his back pocket.

"Alright lets go" He said, forcing a happy smile onto his face. Now wasn't the time to comfront Bane, he needed to think, do some research and probably talk to his mother because he honestly had no idea how to handle this.

"What took you guys?' Bane asked as his Father and brother came into the family room. He had already gotten the table set up and had had some beverages delivered via house elf along with some light snacks for everyone. Well not him, but everyone else.
"We were just catching up, you two don't write nearly enough" Blaise teased his son as he settled at the table.
"We can't play to long we do have dinner soon" He cautioned, knowing how competitve the two could get. While Bane could get, Jay was much more laid back.

Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:21 pm

"I know Dad." Jay sighed. "And I'm sorry I didn't come to you about this sooner." He added, shuffling his weight between his feet and shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans. As they both pulled themselves together, Jay couldn't help the cold laugh that left him. They both managed to pull on hearty smiles even though nothing was okay right now. Sure, they were going to have a nice holiday, but Jay dreaded the thought of what would happen after the Holidays.

Taking a deep breath, Jay let his father steer him from the room and down the hall to the family room, where Bane had everything set up. Once again, the smile was on his face, and Jay let his father do most of the talking.

"One quick game." Jay promised as he sat down at the table. He grinned lightly as he started to shuffle the cards and then deal them out.

"Damn Bane, I thought you were bluffing." Jay swore under his breath after his brother revealed his hand. Jay only had three of a kind. It didn't get him far, but he'd thought his brother hand junk.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Bane smirked. "I never bluff, I'm a Gryffindor" The teen said, gathering the chips and counting them greedily.
"Well as hilarious as loosing my money is, its time to get ready for dinner" Blaise said, tossing his cards down on the table. "You know your grandmother, casual is not going to cut it" He added as he summoned an elf to tidy up the table so that they could get ready.

"Of course" Bane grumbled under his breath, though he was excited to see his grandmother, he just wasn't looking forward to dinner.

---

Bane collapsed tiredly onto his bed, dinner had been an unmitigated disaster. After being berated by his grandmother for not finishing his food, he had run off to the washroom to vomit, the rich, Italian meal not sitting well in his empty stomach. After that, the disgruntled family had apperated home but it was apparent his Dad was worried about him. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he suspected Jay had talked to their Dad about his percieved problem. He was fine! Just no one seemed to believe it. He couldn't eat, couldn't they see that? He looked in the mirror and saw how fat he was and he hated it. Why couldn't anyone else see that?

Blaise groaned and glowered at his Mother.
"I told you just to let him be" He hissed in annoyance. "He didn't need that Mother"
"How was I to know?" Alivia Zabini said with a sniff, "He wasn't eating Blaise, I just asked him why not" She huffed, gathering up her things and disappearing down the hall to her own room.
Blaise groaned in annoyance, his Mother was nothing if not persistent and now she knew something was up with Bane and he highly doubted she would be letitng it go any time soon. Especially once she found out Lara was responsible for what was going on.

Walking down the hallway, Blaise mentally went over how he was going to approach his son. How was he going to bring up Bane's problem? He knew a fair amount about eating disorders, he just never thought he'd have to deal with one, not in his usually confident, viberant sixteen year old son. Walking into Bane's room, he was rather surprised to see his son lying face down on the bed sniffing quietly.
"You okay?" Blaise asked, sitting down and rubbing Bane's back. He was sure Jay would be in the room any minute to comfort the upset teen.
"Fine" Bane mumbled into his pillow.
"Uh huh, we both know thats a crock of shit Bane" Blaise said seriously.
"Jay told me whats been going on at school, with your mother" He sighed.
"He shouldn't have done that" Bane mumbled half-heartedly.
"He should have, he's worried about you Bane, so am I. What your mother's been telling you, its wrong. You're not fat, you're not ugly none of that is true. If you want to model thats fine, but don't go to such drastic measures to achileve that. You're perfect the way you are, and this eating thing is going to kill you if you take it to far" Blaise whispered, his worry shining through.
"I'm fine Dad" Bane hissed, "Mom's right, if I want to succeed I have to be the best" He grumbled, "I eat, I'm fine" He added again, rolling off the bed and away from his Father.
"You're not fine" Blaise shot back, "Anyone with half a brain can see that you're not fine. You've lost like forty pounds Bane, I can see your skeletal frame under your skin. You have no muscles anymore" Blaise said softly. "You need help"
"I'm fine! What can any of you see that?" Bane demanded, begining to pace. "I'm totally fine, nothing is wrong with me"
"Oh yea? When was the last time you ate a meal? A full, proper meal?"
"Tonight" Bane hissed, "And it made me sick"
"You had three bites of food tonight Bane, thats not a full meal. You've starved yourself to the point where you can't even handle food in your stomach. Do you know how serious this is?" Blaise told his son, "You're going to end up in the hospital Bane, one day you'll collapse and then you'll be hospitalized, do you want that? Do you want to put me thorugh that? Do you want to put me through that? Your Grandmother? What about Jay Bane? How do you think he'll feel? Going back to school while you're in St. Mungos?"
"I-I'm fine Dad" Bane said weakly, shaking his head in denial.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Dinner went as swimmingly as Jay figured it would. Which is to say it was a complete disaster. It was the same trigger every. single. time. Whenever someone asked why Bane wasn't eating, it was like he heard "Oh my good look how much you're eating!" and then he bolted off to the bathroom. Jay knew he glared at his Grandmother for asking the question before he tossed down his napkin and ran after his twin. He knew his father was upset, and Jay was suddenly grateful that he'd filled the man in sooner rather than later. He wouldn't have been able to answer questions while trying to coax Bane out of the bathroom before he started dry-heaving.

Jay was in a fury the whole way home. He was silent, but it wasn't his typical timid silent. It was the fuming and yelling in his thoughts silent with his hands clenched at his sides and his jaw tightly clenched. While Bane went straight to his room, Jay tossed one more look between his Father and Grandmother before going to change out of the ridiculous suite he'd been forced to put on.

He was tugging on his sweat-pants, bared chested when the shiver hit him. Bane. He turned without a second thought and went straight into his twin's room. All he heard was the word hospital and Bane's weak voice as he opened the door. He didn't hesitate to grab his twin and hug him. For a second, Jay found himself glaring at his father. The moment passed quickly though, and Jay relaxed slowly.

"Bane look at me." Jay muttered, holding his twin at arms length. He let his anger disappear from his face as he looked his twin over. He swallowed hard, seeing the desperation in his brother's gaze that was almost never there. Bane was always the strong one. Always the one who was confident. This wasn't something Jay was used to doing, but for his brother, he knew no limits.
"What do you see when you look at me? We're twins. I'm practically your mirror. What do you see?" Jay asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hogwarts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts   Hogwarts - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hogwarts
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying :: 1x1-
Jump to: