Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

1x1 with x_fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Nick sucked in a sharp breath silently. Serena's contentment and happiness washed over him the next instant and he found it hard to worry or be anxious about anything. Serena felt the same way...she didn't want a mate. She didn't want anyone coming between them. He swallowed hard and merely wrapped his arms around her tighter.
No now....Nick thought silently...but one day. Because didn't every vampire have a mate? Maybe they just had to wait...maybe one day in a few hundred years from now, Serena would find someone...maybe Nick would...one day. For now though, he was just going to savor Serena being pressed against his side. He drew the covers over the both of them and slid down enough that Serena's head was resting against his.

The movie was almost over now, and Nick found the tiredness finally starting to kick in. Lovely, it was only four in the morning....

--------------

((Snarky Zach is hilarious xD))

Gerry was glancing between them all and Maddie couldn't help but laugh as the poor guy was left to wonder if they were being serious or not. Inside, the house was warm and Kristen was already starting up the t.v. and the dvd player for the first Sherlock Holmes.

"Come on, we'll make the popcorn." Maddie said, tugging Gerry towards the new kitchen.
"So why did you guys move?" Gerry asked.
"Incident at the Skii resort." Maddie murmured softly.
"Oh yea, that was right by your house wasn't it?" Gerry asked, remembering seeing it on the new. Maddie's gaze flickered back to the living room where her mother and Demitri were. After a few seconds, understanding washed over Gerry's face.
"Oh...right." He said, blushing slightly.
"I like the new house though." Maddie admitted while she popped a bag into the microwave. "Didn't think I would at first, but I do."
"Its nice. And closer to the school."
"And the rink." Maddie added.
"I can't believe you're getting back into that after what--"
Maddie's icey glare stopped Gerry from finishing that sentence. He knew that look. That was Maddie's-out-for-blood look. It was gone in a flash when Kristen poked her head into the kitchen.
"Movies starting." She said and Maddie smiled effortlessly with a nod.
Back to top Go down
http://beccarez.tumblr.com/
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Zach bounced happily down the stairs wearing a pair of soft PJ pants and an old t-shirt.
"Popcorn?" He asked hopefully as he squeezed onto the couch between Demitri and Kristen, ignoring his father's huff of playful annoyance.
"Brat" Demitri said, wrapping an arm around Zach.
"Start the movie" Zach intoned imperiously. Clearly spending some time out of the house had done wonders for all of them.

"Keith and Alayna sleeping? Or should we invite them to come join us?" Demitri asked, looking at his wife over Zach's head.
He didn't hear them, but that didn't mean they weren't awake. He wasn't sure what they had been up to, but he knew Keith was still recovering from everything he had been through and that he and Alayna were trying to work things out for themselves. It was sort of hard to pick up where they had left off, a lot had changed in the last few years.

----

Sami winced as the hot water hit her cut leg. "Damn that stings" She grumbled as she stepped out of the shower, a towel wrapped around herself.
"Whats on the agenda today?" She asked Carlos as she stepped out of the washroom. She had been right she had rather nasty bruises down her thigh from the incident the night before and the cut above her knee ached a bit, but overall Sami was in a good mood and rather happy.
Back to top Go down
http://lonevega.webs.com/
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:00 pm

"Popcorn!" Maddie anounced, carring the bowl of fluffy goodness as she walked into the living room, trailed by Gerry, who laughed as Zach squeezed his way between his parents. Kristen growned gently and tickled at Zach's side.
"That wasn't too wise my boy." Kristen warned playfully, but then Demitri was hitting the movie to play as Maddie and Gerry settled down on the love-seat sofa, and Kristen stopped messing with Zach.

She merely sat back in contentment. Hearing Demitri's question about Alayna though, Kristen frowned. Come to think of it, she hadn't seen the couple all day.
"They're sleeping." Maddie murmured quietly with a small twitch of a smile as she munched on popcorn. Kristen sighed and nodded. She stretched her arm around Zach to rub Demitri's shoulder, just needing to touch him somehow. Kristen knew it was a weird mate thing, but Demitri didn't seem to mind when Kristen indulged the odd habit.

------

Carlos glanced up, hearing Sami wince silently. "You're alright love?" he asked curiously, standing up from the bed, wearing nothing but his boxers from the night before. He stepped towards the bathroom just as Sami was walking out and he bit his lip against the sight of her simply wrapped in a towel.
"Ah, today. Yes, well we're still in port. So we can go back onto land. I think we're shipping out tonight. I was thinking snorkeling." Carlos said, smiling at Sami smoothly as he pulled on a pair of comfortable cargo shorts.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Zach squirmed slightly but just grinned cheekily at his mother as he rested his head on Demitri's shoulder and pulled his knees up to his chest.
"Pass me some of that" He said, eyeing the popcorn. As soon as he had some, the teen setted down, munching contently. The atomsphere in the house was so much better, happier then it had been earlier. Sighing contently, he finished off his food and let himself watch the movie, though he drifted off rather rapidy, exhausted from the day.

Demitri chuckled, "Zach's out and we've barely gotten past the opening credits" He said with a small smile, looking at his wife happily.
"So where did you and Gerry go for dinner Maddie?" He asked, realizing he hadn't really spoken to his daughter much that day.

---

"Snorkeling sounds awesome" Sami said with a grin as she shed the towel and pulled on her swimsuit, a happy grin on her face.
"I've never been snorkeling before" She added, pulling her hair into a high pony tail to keep it off her face. Pulling on a pair of shorts, she hissed softly as they scrapped over her sore leg, but soon she was grinning again, a loose tank top adorning her upper half.
"I guess you don't even need gear hey?" She asked with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:15 pm

((I'll reply to this tomorrow....hw =/ ))
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:27 pm

OOC: No worries XD
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Maddie held the bowl out for Zach to snag some popcorn and once he had a handful, the bowl promptly returned to her lap. She munched slowly as the movie began, and honestly they hardly got through five minutes before her brother's head was lolling to one side and he was snoring in another three. Maddie smirked, choking down a laugh at the sight.

"Dinner?" Maddie blinked, hearing Demitri asking her a question. "Oh. Well, orginigally we were just going to get milkshakes." she explained.
"Then Maddie got hungry." Gerry murmured with a smirk.
"Yes, so we ordered ham-burgers." Maddie said with a simple shrug.

"Delicious." Kristen said, glancing at her daughter with a smile.
"Yes. What did you two do while you had the house to yourselves?" Maddie asked, raising her eyebrows curiously.
"Went out for a hunt." Kristen said, and Maddie swore Gerry coughed up a pop-corn-kernel. "Oh...sorry...squeamish?" Kristen asked, wincing.

"I...didn't know shifters hunt." Gerry murmured, and he was surprised when Kristen's eyes flashed from hazel to pure green that had a ring of red at the pupil.
"I'm not your average shifter." Kristen said, chuckling. "I'm half vampire now, so hunting's becoming a thing."
Maddie sighed. "Mom stop scaring my friend." Maddie muttered. Kristen blinked and her eyes went back to normal. She gave Gerry a casual wink and turned her attention back to the screen.
"So that's where you get it from." Gerry muttered, which made Maddie frown.
"Get what?" Maddie murmured, but Gerry merely shook his head like he'd never said anything.

-------

"Snorkeling is an interesting experience." Carlos said as he pulled his shirt over his shoulders. "Essentially they've made swimming a priceable commodity here in the Caribbean, and I find it hilarious. Sometimes I'll pretend I'm one of those fish-hunters that can hold their breath for over four minutes, just so that I don't have to use the ridiculous gear." Carlos teased, and once Sami was ready he made sure he had their room key before leading her out of the room.

"You'll see, it's fun. Please the view under the surface is usually gorgeous." Carlos added with a dreamy sigh. "You should have seen it during the Exploration days." he added with a low whistle as they walked down the hallways to the elevators.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:03 pm

"Zach hunts too, I think its the vampire in them" Demitri said casually, nudging his wife with a chuckle.
"Stop scaring the poor boy, he already has to put up with our daughter" He said, giving Maddie a teasing wink.

He watched Maddie and Gerry for a moment, he could tell he boy was enamoured with his daughter, but she was clearly oblivious.
"I heard from Alexi today" Demitri said casually, realizing he hadn't told anyone about the conversation he had had with his brother.
"Seems he and the family took off to the Dominican Republic for three weeks for a Sven approved vacation" He added with a small chuckle.

He honestly thought the vacation was a good idea, especially after everything that had happened with Serena. He hoped his niece was doing okay, poor girl. He couldn't imagine what Alexi and Maria were going through, nor Nick, he'd never seen anyone as close as Nick and Serena.

----

Sami laughed, "I imagine it was stunning to see" Sami said, "Are you going to pretend today? Or are we sneaking out to go snorkeling just the two of us?" She asked curiously. She knew that either way it would be fun.
She had to chuckle at the mental image of Carlos going around with a bunch of gear which was completely useless. It sounded rather funny.

"Well I can't wait to give it a go. I've always wanted to go, I have a cousin who's form is an orca and she was always telling us crazy stories of the sea floor" She said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Gerry nodded to Demitri to show that he was listening and Kristen let out a bubbly laugh that was quiet enough to not wake the sleeping teen between them.
"You should put Zach to bed." Kristen whispered. "He'll wake up with a sore neck if he lays like this too much longer...."

Maddie's head shot up as Demitri mentioned the twins and Alexi. Hearing that they were on vacation, Maddie nodded to herself. That explained why the twins weren't at school....although Maddie had already figured they'd be missing days after they found out about Serena. Maddie glanced at Zach's sleeping face then and shivered. She couldn't imagine what Nick was feeling...Serena was his twin and she was scary sick. Though Maddie had all her faith in Sven. She'd seen that man work miracles over the years. Her gaze lingered on Zach for a while though because it was starting to hit her again that at the year he wasn't going to be around...

Gerry didn't notice the shift in Maddie until she was resting against the other side of the couch, her knees drawn up around the half-empty popcorn bowl. She was staring at the screen with bright blue eyes and she was barely blinking. He knew she wasn't actually watching the movie though, she was just staring.
Gerry waved a hand in front of her face and Maddie swallowed roughly. Her eyes slowly darkened to their normal brown but she hardly moved from her seat on the couch. She glanced at Gerry with a tiny smile and offered him the rest of the popcorn while the movie hit it's last twenty minutes.
"Nah, I should get going soon." Gerry sighed and Maddie nodded in understanding.

-----------------

"I'll get the equipment," Carlos promised. "Because it'll look odd if I'm only getting equipment for you and then we can go our own ways out along the reef." He explained with a wicked smirk on his face.
"An orca?" Carlos echoed. "Now there's an interesting form..." Carlos mused, nodding as he listened to Sami. "Well we aren't going to the drop-off like in that kid fishmovie....we're staying safe along the reef." Carlos told her as they descended from the ship and onto the dock.

"This way." Carlos said, tugging her in a different direction from last night, walking along the dock until they reached the other side of the coast. There was nothing but white-sanded beaches, people tanning on towels, children making sand castles, and venders upon venders, ready to dote on the many wealthy tourists.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Demitri shrugged, glancing at Zach and smiling.
"Let him be" He said, "Yea he'll be a bit sore, but how often to we get to spend time with him like this" Demitri said, wrapping an arm around his son and letting Zach shift about to reduce the angle on his neck. "Now he'll be a little less sore" He told his wife.

Getting lost in the movie, Demitri startled slightly when Gerry spoke.
"You're welcome to stay here if you need to" He offered, "I know you have a bit of a drive and its getting late" He added, "We have a fully funcional guest room" He waggled his eyebrows playfully at the teen. He could tell something had just happened between him and Maddie, but he wasn't sure what.
"If you want of course, no pressure" He added, rubbing a hand through Zach's hair.

----

"It was useful and completely awful all at the same time" Sami said, speaking about her cousin.
"Sounds good, lets go" She said, letting Carlos take the backpack that held their towels among other things and lead the way.

"Oh god this place is gorgeous" Sami said, staring out at the water and sand.
"I could live here" She breathed, "Or maybe not, I'd probably miss proper forests eventually, but I could visit here frequently" She added, wrinkling her brow in thought.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Kristen couldn't help but grin at her husband. Because damn sometimes he was just adorable, like right now, letting their sleepy-teenage son curl up against his side. Damn if Kristen had her camera right now...she passed her fingers over her smile, just watching the two boys--her boys--with a fond smile.

Gerry was already standing when Demitri offered him a room for the night. Maddie's face flushed red instantly, understanding instantly what her Father was trying to do. She stood up as well, setting the popcorn bowl down on the coffee table.
"I couldn't impose..." Gerry murmured with a simple smile.
"Oh you wouldn't be imposing." Kristen said with a wave of her hand. Maddie down-right glared at her mother while she stood behind Gerry, but the older shifter's smirk only grew wider. "Maddie's friends are always welcome here." Kristen added.

"Maybe another time." Gerry said. "My Mom'll have my hide if I'm not home before curfew." He added, glancing back at Maddie, who smiled instantly and nodded in agreement.
"I'll walk you out." She said, stepping around to lead Gerry over to the door.
Kristen leaned forward to watch the duo leave and she grinned at Demitri. "The kid's got it bad huh?" she whispered, trying to hear what the two were saying at the front door.

"You gonna be alright with Zach leaving?" Gerry whispered, knowing vampires had super sonic hearing. Maddie crossed her arms over her chest.
"You were reading me again?" Maddie asked.
Gerry winced a little, but there was a smile on his face. "Couldn't help it, you went all distance on me again." Gerry said and Maddie relaxed, rubbing her hands together with a shrug.
"It'll be fine." Maddie sighed.
"What about the angel?" Gerry asked.
"Gerry?" Maddie said before the kid could ask another question. "Stop worrying about me." She said. Gerry took a deep breath and shook his head gently; that wasn't happening any time soon.
"When's your first race at the rink?" Gerry asked instead, one hand opening the front door.
"In two days....actually." Maddie said with a rough breath. She was spending the next two days after school at the rink until dinner time. She didn't clock in nearly enough laps as she wanted with the whole Anna thing. "I'll see you at school tomorrow though." Maddie said, nodding as Gerry smiled and stepped outside. As soon as the door was shut closed, Maddie stormed back into the living room.

"We're just friends." Maddie felt the need to state it for the record and she tossed the strong expression back on her friends. "He's one of the only friend...no wait, he is the only true friend I've got. I don't wanna ruin it." Maddie said and Kristen chuckled.
"Why Maddie, there's no need to defend yourself. We know you two are just friends, which was why your Father extended the friendly invitation." Kristen said, grinning now as Maddie flushed again and turned up to her room with a dramatic sigh.
"Ah to be young and in love." Kristen quoted, grinning over at Demitri.

-----------------

While Sami was gawking at the beach-front property, Carlos had wandered over to a stall that was selling snorkles, goggles and flippers. He purchased a set for each of them, generously thanking the seller and handing Sami her set.
"Let's find the bathrooms, usually they have lockers for snorklers and divers to use." Carlos sighed, holding up a hand to his eyes against the sun and turning completely to find the restrooms. They'd passed the large building on their way down to the beach and Carlos hadn't thought of it at first.

With their valuables tucked away in a safe locker, and the key tucked into the zipped-up pocket of Carlos' swim trunks, they were in the water in no time. It felt a little cool against Carlo's skin, which was a relief from the bright burning sun.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 6:30 pm

OOC: I'm running out for a bit, I'll be back in a bit to respond.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 12:00 am

((my posting might get sporadic. Finals weeks...))
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 1:05 pm

OOC: No worries, I completely understand

BIC:

Demitri resisted snorting as his daughter came back in and vehnemently denied any relationship between her and Gerry. Rubbing Zach's shoulder, he looked at his daughter and then at his wife as she teased the girl a bit.
"Young, in love and oblivious" He said with a chuckle, scooping Zach up, "Time for bed I guess" He said as he headed up the stairs to deposit his sleeping son in bed. Zach made a grumbling noise but overall just snuggled down into his blankets and staying asleep. Rolling his eyes, Demitri covered Zach with the blanket, knowing his son tended to get cold.

----

Sami just trailed after Carlos, enjoying the heat against her skin.
Once they were in the water, she let out a small sigh of relief. It was the perfect temperature and she let her fingers trail through the water contently.

"Alright now what?" She asked her mate, since he was the expert here and she had never done this before, she'd gone swimming of course, but never snorkeling.

----

Serena yawned and shifted, frowning when she connected with another being. Who the hell was in her bed. Flickering her eyes open, she relaxed slightly as she saw her twin lying in her bed. The night came rushing back to her and she smiled, it had been a really good night.

Yawning again, she slipped out of bed and ran a brush through her hair for a cursory neating up.
Stepping out of the bedroom and leaving Nick to sleep, she wrinkled her nose as she smelt vomit. Sticking her head in Nick's room, she gagged, it seemed Nick's friend had gotten sick over night.
"Yuck" She muttered, heading downstairs to see if her parents were about.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:38 pm

"She takes after her mother," Kristen sighed. As Demitri took Zach up to his room, Kristen started to turn off the t.v. and the dvd player. She went around the house, making sure the doors were locked and such. She wasn't sure why, but she felt better afterwards. Kristen walked past the kitchen to head upstairs and found Alayna sitting with her hands around a mug.
"Oh, hey." Kristen said, smiling.
"Hi." Alayna said, grinning back
"You okay?" Kristen asked. Alayna nodded, a slightly dopey exrpession on her face.
"I slept for twelve hours." Alayna said, taking a sip from her mug. Kristen's eyes went wide.
"Wow...guess Keith coming back was good for the both of you." Kristen said. Alayna nodded in agreement again with purr around her tea.
"How's he holding up?" Kristen asked gently. Alayna shrugged.
"As well as any solider back from war I guess." Alayna answered.
"How did the doc visit go?" Kristen asked.
"Good. They gave us this burn cream for the wings and pain-killers if the ache gets too bad. They said he should heal. It'll just take time." Alayna answered.

------------

"Now...you have goggles, which the snorkles attach to like so," Carlos said, showing Sami how it all worked.
"The trick with snorkling, is that you float along the surface so you don't flood the mouth piece." Carlos said. Pretty soon the two of them were set up with their goggles and snorkels and fin and Carlos was swimming ahead to the reef which wasn't all that far from shore. Hear, the water was still pretty shallow, he  could stand and be probably waist-deep, but while hovering, it felt like the ocean stretched out beneath you endlessly.

And the reef was full of eager fish, bright vibrant colors under the strong sun. Carlos knew Sami was just going to love it.

--------------

The bed suddenly felt cold. Which was strange because Nick couldn't remember ever feeling cold. Maybe it was just the emptiness....he frowned in his sleep because something tugged at him. The sleep was drifting away. His mind was being forced out of unconsciouness and he groaned. He'd been having such a nice dream...
Blinking his eyes open, Nick gave a toothy-yawn. As his mind slowly reeled into working, Nick started to notice a few things. First off, this wasn't his room....it was Serena's. He glanced down at the bed and frowned. If he was in Serena's bed, where was Serena? The bed next to him looked like someone had slept in it, but it was now empty. Nick sighed. He'd spent the night with her again. He rubbed his face roughly and yanked himself out of the bed to wash his face.

The smell struck him next. He groaned, remembering Sandra from last night. He quickly left the room and walked down the hall to his own, finding the girl walking out of the bathroom. She was a mess to put it lightly. Her hand was brushing water from her mouth and she looked at Nick like a puppy, caught for being disobeident.
"I...I'm so sorry." Sandra whispered. "I-"

Maria was poking her head into the room, having talked to Serena already.
"Oh don't worry lovely. It's happened to the best of us. Go downstairs, we cooked up some breakfast and you should eat. I'll get this cleaned up." Maria said, pushing Nick to take Sandra from the room.
"Thanks." Nick murmured, reaching a hand out to Sandra. He felt bad for the girl. She looked pale and her hands were clammy when she took his.
"She's really sweet." Sandra said, pressing close to Nick as they walked downstairs.
"Yea." Nick agreed with a nod.
"I'm really sorry--"
"Don't worry about it." Nick said, smiling easily. "Aside from that did you have fun last night?" He asked and a little color came back to Sandra's face.
"Yea...I did." She agreed.

((I saw this thing and I couldn't resist writing a little something because the picture just reminded me so much of how I pictured lil-Maddie and I thought I'd share Smile http://beccarez.tumblr.com/post/69316576319/writeworld-writers-block-a-picture-says-a))
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:13 pm

Keith yawned and stretched. He felt wonderful which was a new sensation for him, especially in these last few years. Flexing his wings, he hissed softly as he felt the all-too familiar burning sensation raking over them. As soon as he felt the sensation everything came slamming back to him and he smiled into his pillow. He was home, with his family and despite everything he was happier then he had been in a long time.

Talking near the doorway drew his attention and he looked around seeing Alayna talking to someone through the doorway. He assumed it was Kristen based on the tone of the voice. Stretching again he dragged himself from the bed, smiling as his wings pulled less then they had the day before. The cream Sven had recommended must be doing its job, which was remarkably nice. Heading for the shower he slipped inside, luxuriating in the simple pleasure of hot water falling down on him.

----

Sami grinned and she followed Carlos into the water. She couldn't wait to give this a try!
Slipping beneath the cool waves she took a moment to calm herself since being able to breath underwater was odd. Following after her mate she let him lead the way and point things out for her as she marveled at everything she was seeing.

----

Alexi was standing in the kitchen with Serena when Nick, Maria and their houseguest arrived.
"Breakfast is ready" Alexi said with a grin though his nose crinkled slightly as he caught the scent of vomit.
He caught Maria's eye and gave her a questioning look as Serena went about buttering toast and sipping special blood from a mug, thankfully it looked like fruit juice.

Serena glanced at her twin and offered him a wane smile. She wasn't sure what to make of his friend but she shrugged it off, poor girl looked like hell, especially next to Maria who looked like she'd just walked off the cover of vogue magazine.
"Want some juice?" She asked her twin, arching an eyebrow to indicate what type of juice she was offering.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 5:59 pm

"I hope that tea is de-cafe. It's almost ten at night." Kristen chided gently. Alayna merely rolled her eyes at her best friend and took her mug with her back into the room. She wandered about in the darkness before finally finding the light switch and flickering it on. Keith wasn't in bed, but Alayna could hear the shower water running, and figured it was cleaning up. Alayna set her tea on one of the bedside tables and climbed back into the bed.
The sheets were still warm, and Alayna knew instantly she was on Keith's side of the bed. The pillow didn't smell like laundry detergent anymore; it smelled like warm feathers, and a bit like the burn cream, but the scent was calming all the same because Keith was back, and it was all Alayna could do to keep from laughing or crying outright in joy.

Kristen smirked as she watched her friend go, glad that the woman was finally happy again. She wandered up the stairs, yawning as she pushed aside her bedroom door. Demitri was still putting Zach to bed...
As soon as it was shut behind her, Kristen stripped from her tank top, bra and jeans, wandering practically bare towards the bed as she slowly unwound the strands of her braid. She turned off the lights and scrambled under the covers to wait for Demitri; after hunting successfully tonight, Kristen knew he wouldn't need to go out, so hopefully he'd spend the night in bed with her.

----------------

"Thanks Dad." Nick said, taking the plate of food from him and setting it in front of Sandra. The girl instantly made a face, like the thought of eating anything was repulsive, and Nick felt a twinge of sympathy at the girl's hangover, and gratitude that he would never really get that sick. "It'll help," Nick promises, nodding towards the food. Sandra seemed to nod, and she slowly nibbled at a piece of bacon.

Seeing the "juice" in Serena's cup, Nick couldn't help but laugh and he stole a quick sip from her glance instead of getting his own. He honestly wasn't that thirsty, and the blood was stale from being in bottles. Maybe he could convince Alexi to take him for a hunt on the other side of the island.

Maria came back downstairs a few minutes later and she gaze her husband a reassuring smile. Her eyes wandered over Sandra, who was still eating the food on her plate gingerly.
"Do you want some fresh clothes honey?" Maria asked, letting a bit of her charm slip into her voice. She could see that Sandra was tense, and the charm helped her relax a few notches. Maria brushed the hair from her face in a motherly swipe, and Sandra was smiling.
"I'm fine...though I should probably be getting back to my room..." She muttered.

"I can walk you back." Nick offered, and Maria didn't miss the blush that crept over her cheeks.
"Thanks." Sandra agreed as Nick lead her from the villa.

"Poor girl..." Maria mused once the front door and closed. "Too much last night." She explained to Alexi. Her gaze wandered over to her daughter and a sly grin formed on her face.
"And how was the rest of your night darling?" Maria asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Keith emerged from the shower with a towel wrapped gingerly around his waist and his wings and hair sopping wet and dripping water everywhere. He smiled softly as he saw Alayna on the bed, on his side.
"Sleep well?" He asked curiously a spare towel in hand as he dragged it through his hair. It was getting longer and he knew he'd have to get it trimmed soon. He liked the shaggy style but he didn't like the hair hanging in his eyes and impeding his vision. It had been a long time, however, since he had gotten his hair cut, battle tended to take up all your time. Smirking wryly at the thought he sat down on the bed and continued to dry his hair off. He'd tackle his wings after his hair plus he was sure that Alayna would help him with the feathers and re-apply that lovely burn cream.

Demitri finished with Zach and wandered upstairs. Grinning as he saw his wife lying in bed, he didn't need light to see her, he quickly shed his clothing and joined her.
"So Maddie and Gerry?" He prompted her playfully, he thought it was adorable. Zach had dated a few times but Maddie was a harder shell then her brother and while she had her fair share of admirers she hadn't reciprocated the interest.

----

Serena let her twin sip her blood though she knew he wouldn't be fond of it. She watched him and Sandra leave, poor girl still looked ill. Shaking her head she returned her attention to her mother who was speaking to her while Alexi rushed about tidying the kitchen before their day's activities.

"Hmm? Oh it was good" She grinned.
"Met some nice people, have a date later and everything" She said softly. Alexi's head whirled around and he resisted the urge to growl. Since the discovery of Serena's illness he found himself feeling more and more protective of his daughter.
"Date?" He asked forcing his voice to calmness.
"Yea" Serena eyed her father for a moment. "Just dinner and maybe dancing at one of those clubs in town" She explained.
Alexi sighed, at least it wasn't anything to grown up.
"Okay" He ground out before returning to the dishes. Maybe Nick could ask out someone and they could make sure they have a double date, he liked that plan. Smiling put the last of the dishes in the rack before heading off to shower.

"What are we doing today?" Serena said turning to her mother curiously. She wanted another chill day and she was sure Nick did too but she also knew her parents had things pretty planned out for them. She sighed rubbing a hand over her stomach, it was beginning to ache again. Cringing she rubbed her stomach again, setting her cup down before she dropped it.
"Mom" She breathed, the pain getting worse. "My stomach hurts" She whispered through harsh, unnecessary pants.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:09 pm

Alayna turned slowly to admire the view as Keith wandered out from the bathroom. Her eyes raked over his wings and exposed torso, and for a while she was caught watching the towel ruffle his shaggy hair. She chuckled softly.
"You're going to need a haircut soon." She commented. It seemed like Keith's hair was falling into his eyes if he didn't brush it aside. "I actually slept." Alayna admitted. "That itself is a miracle." she sighed quietly. She hurried sat up, not about to give Keith a minute to think about that; she didn't want him worrying about her, or how the last two years he was gone had been torture to her. He was back. That was all she needed.

"Come here, you'll have washed off all that balm." Alayna teased, smiling as she reached for the burn-cream on the night stand. As Keith sat on the bed, Alayna crawled over to him. It was all too easy to fall into the rhythm of smoothing down feathers, gently turning twisted ones, and rubbing in the cream carefully where the burns still looked painful. Everything felt like a wonderful hazy dream, only erupted by the scorches in Keith's feathers and the burns on his shoulders; they were real, they were reminders.
"It's only been a day, but it looks like this stuff is working really well." Alayna murmured. Having finished with Keith's right wing, she scooted across the bed to give the same treatment to his left wing. "Don't fall asleep on me just yet. Almost finished." Alayna promised, smirking gently as her hands repeated the process of smoothing, straightening, and gently rubbing in the cream. Finished with the back, Alayna ducked around the wings to stand in front of Keith. She eyes his wings carefully, cream still in hand, and finding more burns on the outer edges, Alayna stepped closer to apply the balm. "Thought I saw a few here..." she murmured to herself before turning her head and kissing Keith's temple.

"You'll be right as rain in no time." she added, grinning softly. She stepped back to show she was finished, and Keith's wings gleamed a bit from the balm. Even healing...they were beautiful.

-------------

When Kristen felt the bed press beside her, she grinned and the tiger within her purred happily. She rolled over, near on sleep but still wanting to closeness of her mate. Hearing Demitri's question, Kristen chuckled deeply.
"I doubt it's going to happen..." Kristen admitted. "Even if it's fun to tease her, and so very obvious on Gerry's part. He's a good kid..." Kristen yawned.

--------

"I'm so sorry for what happened. I...I don't normally got to parties often." Sandra was talking, and Nick was politely nodding although he wasn't really listening. He was listening to almost everything at once; the waves crashing against the shore, the birds calling in the sky, the cars breezing along the roads, even the sand falling beneath their feet. He could hear and smell and feel everything. Even the bright sun today felt warm against his skin. Really warm...

"Let me make it up to you Nick," Sandra was saying as they came up to her villa. She was standing up on the porch, enough that she was looking down at him. "Maybe dinner tonight? Or...lunch tomorrow?"

Nick grinned, and he was about to answer her when the pain shot down his side. He winced and fell against the staircase, clutching his stomach. Sandra gasped and instantly helped him stand.
"What's wrong?" She asked. "Are you hurt?"
Only one thought ran through Nick's mind. "Serena...I...I gotta go." Nick did his best not to growl. "I'll see you tomorrow." He promised, doing his best to shake off the pain, stand upright and see Sandra inside. She eyed him waringly, taking her steps slowly, afraid he would collapse again if she turned away. Nick managed a dry chuckle; humans.
"I'm fine. Really." Nick said, holding his hands out to show her. "Just ate too fast this morning. It'll pass."
Sandra nodded slowly and gave a soft smile. "Tomorrow then?" she asked.
"Yea." Nick agreed. Sandra tossed him one last glance before stepping through the door. Once she was inside, Nick bolted down the beach.

"Plans for today? I honestly hadn't thought that far." Maria admitted with a laugh. "I wanted to make sure you two survived the night first. So whatever you want to do love is--Serena?" Maria turned sharply, hearing her daughter gasp and the cup nearly clatter to the counter.

If Maria's heart could beat, it would be racing, and it would probably drop to her stomach. That's how it almost felt as she saw Serena clutch her stomach. Maria was at her side the next instant. Maria held her daughter gently, guiding her over to the couch so she could lay down.
"How much did you drink last night? Alcohol wise? Did you have more than two drinks?" Maria asked, brushing Serena's hair from her face soothingly.

The front door burst open then, nearly snapping off it's hinges. Nick was tense, taunt, ready to pounce, fangs out and eyes blown wide.
"Alexi!" Maria managed to shout before Nick's eyes flashed to Serena and glared at Maria; she'd seen that look before...in Alexi's eyes...when Maria had been threatened by Cassandra....a look that threatened death.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Keith's mind wandered slightly as Alayna's comforting fingers ran over his wings.
"I won't" He promised, "I feel like I've slept enough in the last day or so to last me for a week" He added grinning as Alayna's lips pressed against his temple. He knew they weren't back to the relationship he had once had with the girl but he knew that they were on the right track.
"What would you like to do today? I could probably safely pull my wings in, they feel much better" He added, if Alayna wanted to get out of the house or something then he was fine with that.

Flexing his wings he sighed in relief as the pain finally faded to just a dull throb which was easy to ignore.

---

Demitri nodded, agreeing with his wife.
"She's stubborn" He said with a sigh "And she doesn't want to see whats right in front of her. Ah well things will work out for everyone hopefully" He said before snuggling against her.
"Things seem to be looking up for everyone lately" He said softly. "With Keith being home" He added, letting his head loll slightly and buried his nose in Kristen's hair.

----

Serena's eyes clenched shut as she tried to breath through the pain.
"No I just had two" Serena hissed out, "I knew not to over do it" She added praying the pain would just stop.
She opened her mouth to say something else when Nick burst through the front door scaring the hell out of her and clearly her mother. She had been so focused on herself that she hadn't sensed her brother, his emotions or even him coming.

She was shocked when her Father came rushing into the room and immediately threw himself between them and Nick, his own fangs barred as he took in the feral and aggrivated state of his son.
"Nick?" Serena breathed, she didn't want to see her twin and Dad fight, not right now.

Alexi had been upstairs when he had heard the glass break downstairs. He hadn't thought too much of it until the door had slammed open and Maria had frantically called out to him. Rushing downstairs he gave no thought to throwing himself between his family and his son. Nick looked panicked and feral and Alexi was able to piece together what had happened.

At Serena's plantive tone he turned and glanced at her. Worry and pain shone through her warm brown eyes.
She wasn't scared, not of Nick but Alexi was worried that in Nick's state he may attack Maria in his haste to protect his sister.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Alayna chuckled. "You and me both." She agreed. She placed the cap back on the cream, setting it on the night stand again as she walked into the bathroom to wash her hands. Hearing that Keith wanted to do something rather than sleep, Alayna tried not to laugh again.

"The clock isn't reading twelve in the afternoon..." she spoke over the rushing water, and she dried her hands as she walked back into the bedroom. "It's midnight. We slept through the whole day." She said, with a pointed nod towards the clock. Not that Alayna was complaining. Having Keith back was the best thing that happened to her these past two years, so if she slept all day for the rest of her life and became nocturnal, so long as she had Keith, she didn't care.

---------

"Mmm..." Kristen sighed contently, pressed up against Demitri's side. "I'm glad he's back..." Kristen murmured. "Gang's all together again." she wrapped her arm around Demitri's waist tighter; the thought of spending more than a day away from Demitri was daunting...not something she wanted to think about at all. She honestly wasn't too sure how Alayna had survived the past two years.
"Love you..." Kristen yawned, letting her body go completely lax and fall into sleep.

------------

Maria was tense, poised over Serena protectively, but to Nick it probably didn't seem that way. Slowly, Maria backed away from her daughter, her eyes never wavering from Nick. Alexi was suddenly between them, and the degree that Nick had relaxed disappeared. Nick's hands balled into fists at his side, his eyes flashed red and he thought nothing of baring his fangs at his father. All he saw was someone standing between him and his sister. All he could feel was Serena's pain. All he could think of was getting to her. Keep her safe.

"Nick?"

The voice was quiet and soft, but when no one else was saying anything, Nick could hear it. Serena, his mind told him. It's just Serena. Get to her. She's in pain. Keep her safe. Cut down everyone in your way. Get to her. Keep her safe. the animal in Nick was growling, and he would have listened, except now he felt Serena's worry.

Don't fight Dad he could feel it, and it was like someone had smacked him across the face. Nick actually jolted back a step, and he held his head.
"Da?" Nick growled against his fangs. He blinked furiously, trying to clear the red, clear the anger so he could see clearly.

"Take a deep breath Nick..." Maria spoke softly, smooth and soothing. "It's just us, and Serena is right here. We're taking care of her. Breathe." she ordered. Nick seemed conscious enough to listen because his chest rose and sank heavily. After he'd down that a few times, his hands clenched at his stomach.

"I-I could feel it...it's happening again." Nick groaned. He winced as his fangs retracted and his body relaxed. He hung his head, ashamed. He'd just threatened his family; his father and mother...what the hell was wrong with him? He nearly...Nick swallowed hard and shook his head roughly. "She okay?" He managed to choke out, because in all honesty he was just worried sick about his twin.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Keith double checked the clock and groaned.
"Oh dear" He said with a chuckle as Alayna came back out of the washroom.
"Well I suppose we could always do something inside the house. Are you hungry? I could make us something to eat" He offered, "A midnight snack and a movie perhaps? I'm sure I've missed many cinematic marvels with me being away" He said with a grin as he pulled on a pair of jeans. Since they weren't going out he didn't bother trying to retreact his wings and just let them hang down his back.

He just knew he couldn't lie in bed any longer he felt useless, like he needed to be doing something which was probably a left over from him being at war for so long. The fact that he hadn't heard from his brothers yet worried him slightly but at the same time he tried to just ignore it and not let anything get to him. He wanted to cherish his time with Alayna, however much time there was.

----

Alexi waited for a few tense moments until Nick relaxed.
"Its instinct" he told his son as he drew him into his arms.
"We understand and we're not mad at you" He added as he glanced at Serena. He, like Nick, wanted to know if she was okay.

The blonde girl offered a wane smile though her face as pale and drawn, which was saying something.
"M'okay, stomach really hurts" She admitted. "Maybe I overdid it" She said with a shrug, wincing at the movement since it pulled on her stomach.

Alexi sighed and settled on the floor, after releasing Nick of course. "We'll just take it easy then, if it gets worse or doesn't stop we'll call Sven and see what he recommends" He said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Serena sighed and nodded before glancing at Nick. She could see how stressed and worried he was.
"I think your instincts are just acting up because of me" She offered softly.
"You've always been protective of me, since we were little but now, with how sick I am, they're probably going haywire. You've always been there but when we were kids you understood Mum and Dad could protect me too, now though we're growing up and your instincts probably don't see them as the family protectors anymore" She said sagely.
Alexi gaped at his daughter. "You never fail to surprise me. That's probably true Nick, your vampire recognized me and Maria as the family protectors when you were little now though, you're essentially an adult and your vampire is no longer seeing me and Maria in that sense. It's like wolves, as a pup you obeyed the Alpha but now you're an alpha in your own right" The blond explained.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Alayna smiled, trying not to laugh as Keith checked the time and groaned. "Midnight snack sounds perfect." Alayna agreed. She watched as Keith pulled on a pair of jeans, and she bit her lip gently as she pulled a small sweater over her shoulders. If it was just going to be the two of them, she could stay in the light blue night gown. She wasn't worried.

Alayna twisted her hair into a low bun as she walked out of the room and into the kitchen just behind Keith. She moved around him, settling the kettle back on the stove for another cup of tea. She had no intention of going to sleep again, so she could afford another cup, especially if Keith was cooking. Alayna would never say no to that.

"There were a few good movies." Alayna mused. "Inception...Saving Mr. Banks...Iron Man 3..." Alayna said, thinking of the movies that Kristen and Maddie and dragged her to go see. "Oh, and the Expendables 2 though it was a bit silly." Alayna added with a chuckle.

---------

As Alexi hugged him, Nick sighed heavily. Mentally he was still yelling at himself, though Alexi and Maria were acting as though it was nothing. He swallowed against the thought that maybe they'd dealt with worse, and quickly shoved it out of his mind. Although, when Serena spoke up, he listened. It didn't exactly make him feel better because it had felt just as she said, but worse. Alexi agreed, but Nick only bit the inside of his lip as he nodded gently in slight agreement.

Maria was listening and watching Nick carefully as Serena spoke up, and Alexi confirmed it. Nick simply fell against the couch, pale and still trembling slightly. She could see the fear in his eyes, and even though he relaxed with Serena and Alexi's words, he was still taunt. And Maria had seen the glint of murder in his eyes.

"I know darling," She told him gently. "But don't you fret over it right now." Maria said. "It's a good instinct to have and you'll learn to control it with time. Now, as for you missy, did you grab the right bottle this morning for breakfast? There were a few for Nick in there as well...I'll get you something fresh to drink." Maria sighed, standing and wandering into the kitchen. She was back almost an instant later with a glass in her hand. "Drink slowly now, don't want to upset your stomach further."

Nick merely watched his sister, and after a few seconds, he moved around his parents onto the sofa. He lifted Serena carefully, adding a pillow for her so she could rest in his lamp comfortable.
"Here." Nick murmured, taking the glass from Maria. The other arm wrapped around his sister, finding her hand and holding gently. "Guess we're just taking it easy for the day..." Nick chuckled.

"Oh yes." Maria agreed strongly. "Probably shouldn't move from that couch. Want me to pop something in the telie for you two?" She asked, pointing over her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Keith grinned as Alayna listed off movies.
"Sounds interesting. Why don't you pick one, I've never been good with movies, much to Zach and Maddie's never-ending annoyance" He said as he poked through the fridge as he tried to find something for him and Alayna. He wasn't going to make a ton of food since it was late but he'd find something to make.
"You in the mood for anything in particular? Or do greek wraps sound good?" He'd found wraps and the stuff for greek salad, he could also grill some chicken and knew he could whip up some good food.

After Alayna responded he got to work making the salad and grilling the chicken. Smiling he spread tatziki sauce on the pita wrap before adding the chicken and the salad with a generous sprinkling of feta cheese.

----

Serena squeaked slightly as Nick scooped her up, she hadn't been expecting that, though she offered him a smile and settled against her twin.

"You know you guys don't have to stay" She told her family, she honestly didn't mind.
"A movie might be nice though" She offered her mother as Alexi turned on the air conditioning and shut the doors to keep the twins cool.

"I might run into town" Alexi said, "Grab some stuff and pick up some supplies" He said glancing at his wife.
"What would you like to do?" He glanced at the twins, smiling as Serena sipped her blood without wincing. He wasn't sure if she was still in pain but it seemed that the blood was helping a bit, or at least he hoped it was.

"Could you grab some games?" Serena asked her father curiously.
"Of course" Alexi grinned as Maria fussed about. Like her, he was worried sick over Serena, but he wanted to call Sven and he knew he could do that in town without worrying his family too much. Plus he knew that Nick would keep an eye on Serena, he highly doubted she'd be out of her twin's sight for the rest of the vacation.
Back to top Go down
mystikmage
Verifier
mystikmage

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:39 pm

"Incepetion was pretty good..." Alayna mused, nodding to herself as she made the note to go find that movie. The kettle started to whistle and Alayna quickly moved to get it off the stove before it shrieked across the quiet house.
"That sounds wonderful!" Alayna grinned, hearing Keith's suggestion of Greek wraps. She busied herself with her tea and then went to fetch the movie.

Coming back to the kitchen, Alayna grinned at the smells. "You know, we should take a trip when you're all healed." Alayna suggested. "If you want...we never did get to see Rome...and sadly, I haven't spent much time out of Russia since we all moved here." Alayna explained, tapping her fingers against her mug of steaming tea. "Just...a thought." Alayna added with a blush and a shrug.

---------------

Nick just nodded in agreement to whatever Serena and Maria and Alexi said. He was content to just sit with his twin, making sure every now and then she was getting sips of the fresh blood, and he wasn't jolting her around too much.
So Maria fused, made sure they had blankets and blood. She let Serena pick out a movie and then handed over the remote once it was playing.

Hearing that Alexi was heading into town, Maria nodded in agreement. "I'll tag along. But you two, stay--"
"Yea Mum, we'll stay." Nick murmured. Maria softened a bit at his quiet tone. She walked to each of them, placing a kiss on their foreheads one at a time.
"Give two secs to change." She told Alexi before darting off upstairs to put on a pair of shorts instead of the skirt she was currently wearing.

Nick sighed in a bit of relief once the door closed behind their parents. He closed his eyes and let his head loll forward, pressing against the top of Serena's head.
"I'm sorry if I freaked you out..." Nick murmured softly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1x1 with x_fire   1x1 with x_fire - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1x1 with x_fire
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying :: 1x1-
Jump to: