Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Locked In (Literate and up)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Cyrus barely paid any attention to Demitri's reasoning about the window plan. He'd all but forgotten it by now. He watched the spider twist it's legs, spine and put hours worth of effort into making a web to catch it's prey. He sighed softly, his breath having no effect on the window as it may for living people. Fog up the window, he never had to worry about that anymore.
He lifted a slender, white finger, staring unblinking at the spider the whole time, and tapped the glass, not aggressively, in a way so that he'd be thrown back, but in a more curious way. The curse, it seemed, only reacted to aggression and destructive behaviour.
"Look at you," he grumbled to the spider, "You're going to all that work to make this web. You must think you're pretty clever, the flies will never see it coming, huh? Well guess what? Sooner or later, the flies will see your web, and know what you are, and they'll stop coming. Then all that work will have been for nothing, and you'll have to start all over again until some frightened child locks you in a box, or flushes you down a toilet, or crushes you with his foot. What do you think of that?" He watched teh spider ignore him and rolled his eyes, "There isn't anything you can do? Is there? You just spine you webs, eat your flies, and meet your doom sooner or later. Just like me." He tapped the glass again, a little harder this time, feeling a bit of a rebound against his finger for it and letting his hand fall. Just staring at the spider some more, up until he heard Demitri start to whine again.
He glanced over, still with the same curious red eyes, a small smile playing on his lips as he merely watched for moment, as if he found it amusing. But he did, it was the sadistic vampire humor in him that found it funny to listen too, funny to watch. Behold the powerful vampire.
He sat up straight, watching him demolish the poor mattress more than it already was. But his fun was ended when Demitri requested help. That was always when he acted, never before, unless it seemed he needed to act before Demitri destroyed himself.
He leaned over until he was inches from Demitri's face, looking the vampire straight in the eye and muttering softly, "Voices in Demitri's head that supposedly sound and act like me... SHUT UP!" Then he laughed and fell on his back again, staring at the ceiling.
"What if I just jumped at it really fast? Do you think it'd break? Do you think I'd go sailing out of the roof and land on the soft lawn?" He smiled, softly. He hand darting out like a whip to the side of him, there was a sharp squeak and a crushing noise as he caught the rat that had tried to run by unnoticed.
"Here," he tossed it at Demitri, "Keep yourself sane for a bit, I'm fine. Had one this morning." Thank god for the rat problem, or they'd both be mummified corpses by now. The horde lived in the basement, in the cracks of the inside walls of the well downstairs. But they couldn't get at them, because the cruse prevented destruction of it's walls, floors, and ceilings, and the well was a part of the floor.
He yawned, "What if I tunneled out through the well? Just jumped in the water, swam to the bottom and tunneled out? Do you think it'd work Demitri?"

Last edited by Blacksoal on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkvampirelord.webs.com/
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:30 pm

As before, Cyrus's voice sent the voices scurrying back into the quiet recesses of Demitri's mind, cowering. He took the rat, a dull smile on his face.
"Four hundred years ago, if you had told me I'd be eating this, I'd have laughed, called you insane, now, now I live for it" He said, his fangs slicing into the rat, until it fell, limply to the floor, soon to be added to the thousands of bones underfoot. He glanced up, "Cyrus, I tried remember, jumped into the well, dug, tunneled, the curse nearly killed me, don't you remember fishing me out?" He asked, that had been a bad day, it had been one of the first, thinking he was clever, he had tried to outsmart the curse, the second he had touched the outter wall, he had been tossed about, nearly killed.

He took a shuddering breath, standing softly and looking at his friend.
"All we can do is wait, wait until that day comes, it's soon, I know that" He murmured, "Can't you feel it, the magic weakening, as long as nothing comes in, the door doesn't open, in months we're free" He said, shaking his head and sighing. Months, that had used to go by in a blink of an eye, now it felt like years. This was how mortals felt, time was different to him, now it was hated, he hated time.
"Just think, when we're free, we'll remind this world who they fear" He said, a sadistc smile twisting onto his face, reminicent of the one that had been there the night before they had been trapped.

He sighed, they had used to be feared, respected, powerful, and one mage, one stinking mage had reduced them to this, eating rats, losing their minds. A small smile curled on his lips, again, thinking about what would happen to the mortals when they finally escaped this self-made hell. He looked at Cyrus, staring out the window, shaking his head. Moments like this, he was the sane one, it was strange, they seemed to switch roles a lot.
"If you can catch another one, you should feed, the scent of those damn kids is just going to aggrivate us" He said, glancing around the room.
Back to top Go down
http://lonevega.webs.com/
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Cyrus smiled a toothless, yet still haunting, unnatural looking smile at Demitri's comment. He glanced over raising a brow and muttering with a smile, "You live to eat rats? Come now Demitri, you hardly enjoy it. Wouldn't you much rather be eating something bigger? Cleaner?" He chuckled softly and stared up at the celling again. Listening to Demitri remind him of the well incident. "Oh yeah," he muttered softly, "I'll pass on that one." He sat up arms hanging limply from their sockets, forgotten as he looked around. "And we tried the door right? We can't just walk out?" No, of course not. The door was probably the first thing they'd tried, that or they were mentally incapable of thinking of simple ways to resolve their problems.
He tilted his head to one side, letting it hit his shoulder limply as if he'd lost the will to hold his head up anymore. "Just wait," he repeated softly. "Demitri, I really, really don't want to wait anymore. You're sure? Just a few more months? That's it? No more years? Centuries? Just months? Don't you dare taunt me like that if this is a joke. It's not funny." He shifted, letting his shoulders slump as he stared out the window. The spider was almost finished it's makeshift web.
"I feel like that spider," he muttered softly, ignoring Demitri's pep talk, "What do you think he's living for? Blood? Survival? He invokes terror only at the risk of his own life. Demitri, terror was what got us stuck in the box." He stared at the other vampire with narrowed almost threatening eyes. "I don't want to be put in a house, ever again. So what do you do if terror threatens your life? If all the flies want you in the box, and could very well lock you up in one? Do you just...do what we're doing now? Or do you do it anyway, and say you've truly lived, even though...in the end, you're just another spider..."
He yawned again, his back slumped, and he sat there, hanging head, limp armed, slouch shouldered, and hunched back, watching the window for a lack of better things to do, and contemplate other than his existence and escape.
"I'll catch one later," he muttered softly, clumped brown hair falling in front of his face, hiding his red eyes. But he didn't move, he just sat there. "I wonder, if I slowly picked at the wood, over time, could a make a big enough hole to get out? Just made the tiniest of dent every hour or so...it would be so simple..." He yawned again.
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Red eyes out the window, curtains moving, people going in a never coming out. The girl eyed the old house. The girl rolled her eyes at the stupid memory. These children. They were so silly. People never went in ther house because it was boarded up, broken down, and not aesthetically pleasing what-so-ever. The grass reached up to the female's mid-thigh and rubbed against her jeans, every few steps catching yet another prickler on her jean material.
She looked down at her black and white Converse, the only shoes she ever wore; winter or summer. Converse, in the female's opinion, were the best shoes in the world. The girl reached down, dusting dirt from her black "The Demonstration" tee-shirt absent-mindedly. The girl stood at a tall 5"11 and weighed no more than 130 pounds, which was extremely light, considering her height. She had a sweeping wave of strawberry blonde hair that reached her mid-back. Her icy blue/grey eyes were ones that one saw and never forgot. They were the types of eyes that haunted your every dream and you felt with each step.
The house was old, very old, the girl noted. Ivy crawled up the side and the girl grimaced. She had always hated ivy, she never actually knew why. The girl looked around the grounds again. There were a few leaf-less trees that looked awfully haunting. The grass was dying slowly too, due to the cold weather their small town was starting to get. "The town's very own legend..." The girl whispered to herself, looking back up to the mansion. It was a weather grey color, with paint chipping from every corner. All of the shutter, except for one final red one, had fallen off of the house, turned an ugly faded color, and had started decaying. The house had a huge, black iron fence around it, which they'd already scaled.
The sun wasn't high, but it wasn't low either. However, it was starting to get cold. The girl rubbed at her arms to remove the chill bumps that covered her body in a thin layer. She snapped her side-swoop bangs from her face and looked at the rets of her group. The chill bumps went away as the girl looked back up at the house. In the upper room, a curtain moved. The girl's eyes went slightly wide and then she did her best to ignore the feeling of scared goose bumps creeping over her skin.
I'm not scared. The girl reminded herself. She was known for being brave, not for being scared. When you had a name like her's, you had to be able to liev up to it. With a name like Grey Elizabeth Young, you had to teach yourself not to be frightened of the dark or of the monsters that might be lurking there.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Mykah walked closer to the door. She could see it clearer now. It was weathered and smooth from however many years it had been here. She was sure that the dents in the wood were once a large pattern that was gorged into the paneling, but dents where the only thing that was left. The varnish had long come off too She was surprised that the thing hadn’t fallen in by now.
She was going to go in. The sooner the better. She walked up the stone stairs and stood there taking a closer look at the house. It looked even worse close up, large amounts of paint were missing. The rest of it was chipping off. She laughed quietly to herself when a thought ebbed into her mind. How much lead do you suppose is in that? What an odd thought to think of at this point.
Mykah pulled her light blue hoodie closer to her as she turned around. From the motion you could see that the inside was lined with black striped that patterned the same color of blue that was on the outside. “Might as well go now guys, before it gets dark.” She murmured to her friends. There were four of them who had taken the dare. Charlie, Maddi, Grey and herself. Only four. She wondered why she didn’t just shoot the dare back at those who had dared them. Maybe the arguing would make them forget about the whole thing. It was too late now.
The closer she got to the house the more eerie it was. She waited quietly for the others, rocking back and forth, heel , toe, heel, toe. It helped to move calmed her nerves. She reached out for the door knob. It was rusted any engravings that had once been on it had been weathered off. Not leaving anything close to what it used to be.
Mykahs skin came in contact with the metal. She jumped from the electric discharge that coursed momentarily through her body. Strange, where would static electricity come from? She turned the knob and pushed at it. It didn’t budge. She wished she could use that as and excuse for not going in but it wouldn’t work she’d be a chicken either way. Mykah tried to force her body against the door, and electric charge again coursing through her skin. She huffed and looked back at her friends for help getting the door open. She wasn’t the strongest person in the world but it was a door. Why wouldn’t open?
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Demitri shrugged, he had no answer for his friend, on the picking at the wall thing, he figured that wouldn't work, but who knew, they hadn't tired yet.
"Yea, I'm sure, I've been keeping track, in my journal, keeping track of everything" He murmured, "Soon, a few more months, and then we're free" He growled, listening to Cyrus caution him against behaving how he wanted to, when they were free. Cyrus had always been cautious, calculating, where as he, well, he was the insane one. It was probably his fault they were locked in here in the first place. He brushed the thought from his mind, staring out the window, watching nothing for the time being.

He growled suddenly, head whipping around as he heard a scraping sound.
"No" he breathed, looking down the hallway, at the door. It hadn't budged, but he could tell it would, soon.
"NO" He bellowed suddenly, they couldn't come in, if the door opened, the curse would re-set. He stared, red eyes wide with horror. He desperately wanted them to enter, so he could tear them apart, but he remembered the curse to well, once the door opened, the curse would re-set, another four hundered years in this hell, and they wouldn't be able to feed, the curse protected humans foolish enough to enter. His fangs slid forward in anticipation, the voices in his head sang out, begging him to let them enter, but his sane mind fought back, they couldn't come in.
"Cyrus, we have to stop them" he whimpered, shaking badly, his body set to spring at any second. He didn't know what to do, he was so confilcted, so confused, it was awful.

The tall vampire stared at the door, after his inital shock, the adrenaline had worn off, and the dash to the door seemed far, exahusting. He was so weak, and the scent of human blood was so fresh, he could practically see it, coursing under paper thin skin, taunting him as it rushed. He felt drool fill his mouth, the image had him salivating hungrily. He took a hesitant step forward, but retreated almost as quickly. He was torn, completely torn, in a few days, weeks at the latest the humans could die of starvation, and there was nothing in the curse about drinking dead human's blood. It was something he would never have allowed five hundred years ago, but now he was practically jumping at the chance.
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Ooc: So do I post again. Or are we waiting?
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:34 pm

OOC: Feel free to post again, Movie's on a vacay for a few days, so we're sort of GMing her Characters for right now.
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Grey gave a small shuddering breath as Mykah walked up to the door. Grey made her feet move forward. She came to stand next to Mykah, whom came up to a tiny 5"4 and was about 7 inches shorter than herself. Grey frowned at the door. It was weathered and faded. It was probably really pretty when it was new and... you know, used. But not anymore. "This house is awful looking." Grey grimaced with a sigh.
The sight of the curtain moving by itself was pushed into the back of Grey's mind now. She tried to ignore it, but the picture kept snapping up like an annoying little sibling. Grey pushed it farther and locked it safely away. It was probably just the wind. Getting in through a crack in the house. Grey told herself. You're being silly. Stop that. Grey commanded her worrying mind.
Grey distracted herself by reaching over and picking at the chipping paint. She left Mykah to open the door, walking around the swing-around porch. The backyard was vast and... for lack of a better word, hideous. It was covered it long dead grasses and over grown with tall winter grass. Grey grimaced again. "Shouldn't like... The state or something pay to keep this place looking good? It is our only tourist attraction." Grey said, mostly to herself.
There was a huge place of missing paint and Grey shook her head. She was stupid for coming here, she knew that. There was a long shard of broken glass on the porch and Grey bent down to pick it up, then thought better of it and kicked it off of the porch with her shoe after she had straightened her back.
Grey wandered back around the porch to where Mykah was pushing against the door. It wasn't opening. Grey's eyebrows furrowed and Grey nodded at Mykah. "It's probably warped. I'll get it." Grey pushed on it, harder, feeling the course for electricity through her fingers and into her whole body, but it still didn't budge. "I guess I'll have to kick it in?" Grey pondered outloud, looking at Mykah, Maddi, and Charlie for confromation.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Cyrus watched the window quietly, though he did look over at the mention of Demitri's keeping a journal. "Really? Since when?" He didn't remember, his headaches and rotting brain prevented him from retaining information like Demitri did. While Demitri merely suffered from voices, but was able to function fine after they'd passed, Cyrus was rotting at the core. He was becoming almost senile because of it. But he was sure, once he got a proper meal, once he stopped getting headaches, he'd be alright again. He was just messed up from being trapped in a house for four hundred years, like Demitri was.
He blinked as he felt courses of electricity pulse through the house, watching curiously as Demitri ran off with a horrified 'No'. Why? He stood, strolling out calmly after Demitri, hardly with the same energy. He stood beside his friend, watching calmly as the doorknob turned, the door rattled and groaned as someone pushed against it. Then someone threw themselves at it. "You know, he muttered softly, "It might be a pull instead of a push...I forget." He glanced at Demitri with a smile as the vampire panicked and struggled. He flinched as Demitri yelled, aggravating his headache.
He rubbed his temples a moment, then muttered with a sigh, "So it's come to this has it? Do we let them come in, at the price of another four hundred years? Or do we scare them off, and be alone for another month or so until the curse weakens enough for us to escape?...What a difficult choice...can't we have them both?" No, he couldn't. He had to pick one...right?
To his own surprise, Cyrus yawned, and took a seat on one of the stairs, watching teh door rattle quietly.
"You know," he muttered softly, "what if we waited for them to open the door, then bolted out? Just run out the open door? We could eat them then and there, and be free at the same time... What do you think of that Demitri?" He smiled another grinning smile, watching as Demitri's small amount of preserved adrenaline ran out, and Demitri continued to struggle. Cyrus' own hypnotic voice muttered softly to Demitri, "What are you going to do my friend? Stay in? Or get out? Eat? Or starve another month or so...supposedly anyways. You may be wrong about your predictions, and in that case, it would be better to let them in wouldn't it? But then again...you could be right. In which case we should scare them off. Or we could take chance and try running out the open door, like I suggested earlier. Just a simple plan."
He smiled softly, then glanced back at the rattling door, the confused, and frustrated voices outside. He smiled calmly and looked back at Demitri, not really taking any of this seriously, like usual.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Demitri was so torn he was barely listening to Cyrus, he was thinking along the same lines, though despite Cyrus being there, the voices were so loud they were drowning out any sane thoughts. He began to waver back and forth, as if the effort of standing was to much, but mainly, it was the pressure in his mind sending him closer and closer to the floor. He was shaking, slowly sinking lower, a quivering mess as his mind grew more and more befuddled. He wanted to scream, claw at his head, rip the voices out, but they were so strong, to much for him to handle. He hit the floor with an almighty thud, curling in on himself, shaking, begging the voices to stop. When it got bad, like this, one had to wait it out, not even Cyrus could send the voices running, the scent and the confusion were something they basked in. He quaked, fear overtaking him, they were so mad, so deleriously with desire for blood that he felt almost sickened. He wanted it to, dreamed of it, but they were so overpowering that he felt like a mere ant in comparisoin to them.

His shaking was bad, his body almost blurring, it hadn't been this bad in awhile. He couldn't even here Cyrus anymore, not over the screaming, though whether it was his or that of the voices in his mind he wasn't sure. He lay on the ground, a mess, though he didn't move, besides the shaking he was absolutely still, he didn't know what to do, how the curse would react, could they even move fast enough to escape? Cyrus logic was getting to him, he could hear him, distantly now, but he couldn't respond, his jaw was locked shut, blood pooling in the corner of his lip from being bitten on his harsh fall.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Cyrus watched the door, and watched Demitri. Though the door just continued to rattle, the kids just continued to grumble their frustrations, Demitri was far more attention grabbing. Though he had no idea what was happening on the inside, the outside was just as graphic.
He watched the vampire start to quiver and tremble, turn and even whiter shade than he already was, if possible to match Cyrus' starved albino vampire skin. He watched the red eyes bulge and become strictly horrified, confused, and afraid. He clawed at his head, ripping at his dark hair, feet sliding out from under him as if pressured to the floor in front of the voices. Then he jumped slightly as Demitri's legs gave out on him, and he fell like a dropped stone.
Cyrus blinked, watching Demitri start breathing short, fast, choked breaths, as if he were hyperventilating. He did cry out shortly once or twice, and lay there a heap of trembling limbs and clothes.
So it looked like the door plan was a no go then. No way Demitri was running through a door like that. He yawned softly, jumping as someone banged against the door again, then looked at the trembling vampire. He smiled. "Oh Demitri, your brain is truly fried beyond repair. Let's get you out of the way, I'd hate for you to be the first thing those kids see." The choice was made. Demitri couldn't follow his plan, couldn't follow any plan, and Cyrus would not strike so low as to abandon Demitri when he knew all to well he was the only thing Demitri could really cling too for sanity.
He wandered upstairs, setting Demitri in the room that held the mattress and sighing, taking a seat by him and waiting for the door to give way.
"Demitri? Are you allowing your voices to beat up upon yourself? Who's the one with the body? Hmm? If they are real, they're only ghosts on your shoulders. They can't hurt you, only talk to you, and the damage they cause is from your own allowance." He looked up with a sigh, then yawned, scented the air and lashed out again, getting a hold of another rat, prying open Demitri's mouth despite the way he shook, and rooted his fangs in the tiny creature.
Cyrus stood, stretched, and quiet peacefully left Demitri be, wandering off back to the attic, to the room with the lone chair and the window. His room. It wasn't by ownership, he'd just claimed it, and seeing as how Demitri tended to destroy furniture and things when he got crazy, he wasn't normally allowed in it, as was anybody. It was his safe haven afterall.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:06 pm

ooc: I'm back! and wow that's a lot to read! I'll get to catching up soon and post (hopefully not before too long XD)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mythodreas.com/profiles.php?user=movie
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:15 pm

ooc: finally getting my intro in, hope this works XD

bic:
The twins had been following along, not saying a word the entire time. They were both seventeen, and one was a girl, the other a boy. They had both been dared into doing this with the others, Maddi was less excited than Charlie about it though. Although she, on the outside, seemed like the much more like the outgoing type, she got scared really easily. She wasn't afraid to scream at all, and she was guessing that was about to happen soon. They had walked up to the door, and looking into the building, she could only see darkness.
Maddi had medium brown hair with highlights. It was layered and went down to just past her shoulders. She had grey-blue eyes, and they were more grey than blue. Her skin was fair, and had no freckle or blemish on it really. She stood at 170cm with a fairly slim build. She currently had her hair down, but she had a hairtie on her wrist. She was wearing a two-layer tank top shirt. It had a baby blue colour on the bottom and a dark brown as the top layer. The straps were speghetti(sp?) straps, and the shirts ended half way down her thighs. She was wearing dark blue skinny jeans and red converse shoes. She was standing nervously and nodded when Grey had suggested kicking the door over.
On the other hand, Charlie was standing next to her, arms crossed as if he was bored. In fact, he was. He stood at a good 180cm with an athletic build. He had fairly short hair, and it was a medium brown colour. He eyes were a grey-blue, but they were more blue than grey. Like his sister, his skin was fair and had no freckles. He was wearing a black graphic t-shirt that was fitted. He also had on slightly baggy dark blue jeans and black and white checkered vans. He too nodded, but for the first time since they had arrived, said something. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Let's just get in and get out," he said sounding somewhat bored. He wasn't very scared to go in, he just wanted to get it over with so he could do other things. He looked around the porch, it was deffinately very old. He was surprised it was even staying together. All of the pain was worn, the wood was splitting, and it creaked often.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Mykah watched as the others tried to get the door open all of them failing. “I guess we’ll all have to try at the same time?” She suggested, she doubted that if they went one at a time that it would give. It seemed logical enough since there was four of them. If all of their weight wouldn’t take the door down she didn’t know what would. She was running out of ideas.
“Ready?” She asked. “One, Two, three.” Mykah kicked the warped and warn door with the others. The door gave swinging open, the hinges squealing in protest. By the noise it was surprising that the door itself didn’t break off. Mykah fell forward landing hard on the stone floor on the inside of the house. That was going to bruise she had no doubt about that “Ow.” She muttered sitting up slowly. Her voice was cut off by a loud slam echoed through the foyer. Mykah jumped she’d expected the door to stay open not swing shut. Following that a voice echoed through the house. He mind was racing so fast that she didn’t catch what the voice said, but she understood that she and her friends where going to be stuck in here. Stuck with who knows what. They said vampires but the story had been passed down so many times who knew what was right and what wasn’t.
Mykah stayed on the ground just gaping at what had happened. “Did you hear that?” She asked. Maybe her mind was moving so fast that she’d made it up. She sure hoped that she did. Mykah turned her head to look at the others. “What did it say?” She frowned they were going to be stuck here. No. No there was no way. Magic wasn’t real. The supernatural maybe but not magic. They weren’t going to die here.

Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Demitri felt his body being moved, and then he was deposited on his bed, well, the only bed left, as he had broken the rest of them. He whined, chocking in suprise as a rat was shoved in his mouth. Instinctively his fangs sliced in, draining the rat, before it fell nervelessly from his jaws. His head pounded, but the blood helped abate the voices. He glanced around, realizing he was alone, Cyrus had left, probably going back to his rooms. He shuddered, sitting up, aching, his head hurt, his entire body wanted to just curl up and give up on life.

He heard the door downstairs crack, break maybe? And then there was a slam, and the voice. The terrifying voice, the voice that haunted him, reminding him of why he was in here. It spoke in a language of ancient magic, re-sealing the curse. He couldn't believe it, they were trapped, again. An anguished scream clawed its way from his mouth, ripping through the house. It was the sound of a wounded animal, of one so destroyed that it wouldn't be easily forgotten.

"No" He moaned, his scream finally giving out as he lost the strength to keep it up. He curled up, broken sobs wracking through him, the voices couldn't even change his reaction right now. He lay there, not caring if the humans heard him, they'd find him eventually, not that it mattered. He sighed, pressing his face into the pillow, his body shaking, unable to control himself.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Cyrus was in the attic again, staring blankly out a tattered curtained window. Sprawled out over his chair again, laying on his back, his legs hanging off one of the chair's arms, his real arms hanging off the other, using the arm as a stiff pillow for his head. He listened, listened to the sudden crack, the noise of complete surprise as the door closed again, and then that voice.
He closed his eyes with a pained expression. Four hundred more years trapped here, eating rats, barely getting enough energy to walk around the house for an hour. Sitting in his chair and watching the time float by, watching himself and Demitri mentally rot to the core and back. He sighed as he heard the scream. Those kids... first thing they hear is a creepy dead mage's voice, then a scream like that? They'd be terrified, simply horrified in fact.
He grinned, and for the first time in such a long, long time, he became restless.
He slid from the chair in an indescribable elegance and grace, dusting himself off, straightening his ragged clothes, and shaking dust from his dirt coated hair. He'd wash it later in the well.
With that done, and the eerie smile plastered on his face, he strolled calmly downstairs, stopping at Demitri's room, poking his head in and muttering, "Try not to make too much of a show my friend. Dust yourself off, put your sanity back together, I don't want to see you until you've done that. Understood? We have company." His pupils dilated and constricted at the word, like a hawk judging the distance before a lunge.
With that said he closed Demitri's door and wandered over to the grand staircase, standing in the middle, in full sight of the company that had just arrived. His hand gripping the railing casually, and the smile, which had spread to a full on grin by now, remained to haunt the fearful teens.
"Well hello," Cyrus muttered in his hypnotically smooth voice, starting a decent down the stairs slowly.
"I must say, there's not that many of you, but you couldn't have possibly made more noise coming into a strange home. Didn't you hear rumors? Isn't that why you're in here at this moment? Or are you riff raff?"
He grinned even more, if possible, by this point halfway down the large flight of stairs, eyes gleaming with life thought to be long lost. His rotting, slowly calming and docile mind had been forgotten, and replaced by teh dangerous attitude that had played it's part in getting him and Demitri locked up. It was as if things had started over again, maybe due to the curse re-setting, or too the amount of action and fear in the room, but more than anything it was the teens fluttering hearts that twisted the animal in him. He'd gone so long without hearing a heartbeat, so long living without his predatory instinct towards mortals, he'd all but forgotten it.
But it took seconds to find it again, and despite the curse preventing his eating them, he intended to make their lives very
interesting...
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Grey prepared to kick the door in. However, Mykah beat her to it and she watched as the girl fell over onto the concrete floor. Grey sighed and hsook her head. You had to be more graceful if you were going to kick something, if you didn't that could be the end. Grey stepped forward, followed by the twins. The door snapped shut behind them. "Holy..." Grey trailed off, but a deep, haunting voice cut her off.
She swallowed and looked around. Then she rolled her eyes. "This is stupid." Grey sighed, walking back over to the door. "The guys are behind this." Grey said with another oll of her eyes. She was referring to the group that had dared them to go to the house in the first place. "They're so dumb." Grey said with a shake of her head.
She pulled at the door. She sighed and pulled again. She was already stronger than most girl's. Her arm muscles rippled as she pulled at the door. She was fairly fit, due to her extraciricular activities; consisting of kickboxing, weight lifting, and judo, to name a few. She rolled her shoulders and cracked her neck. "Okay guys!" Grey yelled toward the ceiling. "I'm going to break your necks with my bare hands when we get out of here." Grey paused to listen for laughing, but all she recieved was a pained, almost wounded-animal sounding, "No!". Grey jumped slightly from the intensity.
Suddenly, a young guy walked down the stairs. He was smiling almost insanely. Grey narrowed her eyes at his comment. "Well, you know. If your door wasn't so warped, we wouldn't have had to break it down." She looked the guy over. He was dusty, his hair and all. She watched as he continued down the staircase. He was kind of creepy looking, in that I-just-escaped-from-an-asylum kind of way. His smile was a bit creepy too. If she was anyone else, she would've been scared, but Grey Elizabeth Young didn't get scared.
Everybody knew that.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Demitri glanced up at Cyrus.
"Company?" He smirked, shaking his head and sighed, Cyrus was so bloody amusing sometimes. He finally managed to calm down, become sane, as his old friend requested. He stood, shaking lightly, wiping rat blood from his lips and walking downstairs, a mildly insane smile on his face.
"Company?" He said again, cocking his head to one side and inhaling deeply.
"Mmmm" He breathed, eyes bulging, bright red, dangerous for a moment, before he slipped back, standing a bit behind Cyrus. He needed to be close to his friend to keep himself sane, it was a necessity. He could feel the voices in his head, clawing at him, trying to get his attention, but he wasn't about to give into them.

He frowned, poking his head over Cyrus' shoulder, resting his chin against his friend's neck. He looked confused, watching the humans curiuosly. He didn't know what to make of them, it had been so long since he had seen them, been near them, and now, he didn't know what to do.
"It's so loud" He whined, the pounding of four hearts was a lot to take when the only noises around you, really, were those in your own head. He looked at Cyrus, almost expectantly, waiting to find out what was going on, what they were supposed to do.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Mykah rose from her place on the floor to a kneeing position. She rubbed her shoulder, yup most defiantly going to bruise. Mykah twisted to face the shrill wounded animal cry that had echoed in the house. “What in God’s name was that?” She questioned, glancing from side to side for the source. She sighed when she didn’t find one and pulled herself to her feet. Her face was strait but her eyes reflected fear.
Her look faulted when she saw someone—or something, descend the stairs. He was..pretty. If that even fit. It was strange that that was the first thing that came to mind despite that he was smiling at them, in a creepy kind of way, like an ‘I want to eat you’ way. Creepy. Not only that but the male was coated in dust and dirt. Odd, so odd. His voice drew her forward slightly, hypnotic, smooth calming. “Hello.” Mykah replied back, though she didn’t intentionally want to. Mykah put her hand on her forehead. She grimaced as she shook her head. This was too freaky.
Mykah took a step backwards to move back into the place that she was before. She took another step backwards when someone else came down the stairs. His eyes would haunt her forever bright red, dangerous, there was something that she couldn’t put a finger on and that was hunger. But He retreated to behind how she would assume was his friend by how he placed his chin on the others neck. He looked confused. She didn’t know why. Nor did she know why he was complaining about it being so loud. She heard nothing. Nothing but voices when someone spoke. There wasn’t any sounds other than that. Nothing. “It’s loud?” She asked curiously. She was probably going to get punched for making conversation, but they had broken into their house. Wasn’t that the polite thing to do?
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:50 am

Charlie followed in after Mykah and Grey, and Maddi following in after all of them. She looked back as the door slammed behind them. She shivered trying to take in what was happening before she quickly grabbed her brothers' arm. A large, booming voice echoed through the house, and she hadn't even listened to it. It had scared her so much that she didn't know what to do with herself. Unlike her brother, she scared very easily and was about ready to try and knock the door down and run out. She didn't have much time to think however when a man came over to the stairs. He was covered in dust and had a twisted smile. She took a couple steps behind her brother, getting even more scared. What kind of pranks were their friends even trying to pull? This was terrible, and she wanted to move away now just to get as far away from this house as possible.
Charlie had, on the other hand, taken in everything that had previously happened. He was more accepting at this point than his sister was, but he did think it was really lame if their friends were behind it. He watched the man come in from the higher floor, looking rather creepy, even for him. He looked at Mykah when she said hello, well it was actually more of a glare. They didn't need to talk to crazy dust covered people in an abandoned house. They just needed to apologise if anything and get out. They finished their bet, and now they could just go home. He'd need to persuade his sister that everything was okay and that nothing bad had happened. She was going to be seriously scarred by this, and he didn't feel like dealing with it.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Cyrus took in each reaction with an unwavering expression. One was noticeably scared, two of them had a sort of 'nothing scares me' attitude, and the last was innocent and naive to a fault. He became rooted in the middle of the staircase especially when Demitri came and lay his chin close to his neck, starting to make noise already about his opinions on the situation's volume. His eyes pried away from the kids and stared at Demitri a moment almost warningly, though his smile returned the second it was innocently acknowledged by one of the girls. He took a second to ponder the girl/boy ratio in the room, finding the majority of their company to be feminine. How pleasant, and in fact, he barely shot the other boy a glance of acknowledgment. Finally he spoke the word,
"Indeed." Though whether it was to support Demitri's statement on volume, Mykah's replying question to Demitri, or Grey's comment on a warped door was yet to be known.
His crimson eyes swept the room, every face, every expression. His toothless smile parted to a toothey fang revealing smile.
"So I'm guessing the company has already noticed the door is shut? That it won't open? What was probably forgotten year ago, however, is that the door won't open from the inside. You're trapped, like us, you'll live here the rest of your lives, and die here. You've heard about the curse right? Maybe about why there is a curse? Rumors if anything? Come on...I know I've made eye contact with a coupe visitors in my time." He started to move again, even if Demitri was still hanging off him, it didn't bother him in the slightest.
"Ah...young hearts. They beat so fast when they get uneasy, the mask you wear can't hide you from us here. We hear you from the inside out." He chuckled darkly, red eyes continuing to sweep the room, his hand having let go of the rail and arms hanging limp from his shoulders as if they wee no longer a part of him, just make-shift, useless stapled on arms.
"But it is tragic, and almost ironic to us, that even after living here for so very long, having not eaten properly in years, that we cannot touch you, let alone eat you. Isn't that funny?" He laughed.
"The vampire has become useless even when food is tossed at it's feet. Go on, call me nuts, try the door. Try it until you fall to exhaustion, or to your very deaths if you are so determined, it is a wasted effort. You're stuck with us for the next four hundred years."
He gleamed, having finished the stairs case and currently standing before them. His smile tamed itself, and he took an elegant bow. "But where are my manners? Allow me to introduce myself, I am Cyrus Xen Vega, and this is my comrade, Demitri." He gestured to the vampire at his side.
"I have a feel the lot of us will be very close in our time together. If not, then so be it. Pick a room for yourself, but Demitr's already claimed the only matressed room, and I have teh last bit of stable furniture. There's a well downstairs also, and a rat problem if you get hungry.
Now...May I have the pleasure of knowing you're own titles?"
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Demitri ignored Cyrus's reaction to him, he was used to it. He stumbled forward when Cyrus began to move, a small frown appearing on his face. He glanced around cluelessly, having missed so much of the conversation, mainly due to beign caught up with the conversation in his own head. Rather suddenly, he pitched forward, flopping down on the stairs, smiling lightly.
"My room?" He glanced at Cyrus, almost confused, "It's mine" He said stubbornly, childish. He really wasn't paying attention to what was going on, just that when his room was mentioned, he grew possessive. He hear Cyrus introducing them, but had become caught up in his own things again.

He shook suddenly, listening to the rapid heart beats, a small smile on his face, though it slowly twisted into a sadistic grin, his insanity was definately starting to shine through. Where Cyrus was charming, creepy but charming, Demitri was so messed up, it was written clear across his face. His fangs began to poke through the grin. He was so hungry, and the scent of blood was really starting to get to him, and with his sanity slipping futher and further away, he was starting to forget the curse.
"So hungry" He breathed, red eyes sweeping over the humans, alternating between Mykah and Maddi, the most vulnerarble of the group.
"And you smell so good" He pulled himself forward, much like a puppet, as if he weren't control of his actions.
"Vulnerable" He could see the blood running in their veins, just beneath the paper thin skin.
Back to top Go down
Vampiressqueen16
Verifier
Vampiressqueen16

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:59 pm

OoC: Forgive me if I can't get on as often as we all would like or stay on as long. I have taken up a class of Judo once a week, and a class of Jiu Jistue twice a week. I also have a new kitten that I have to give almost constant attention too. I've started school back up, and until I get back into thw swing, I fear I won't be able to be on as long or as often ans I wish.

P.S. I'm sorry if my text has many errors in it, my kitten likes to stand in front of the computer screen.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Ooc: *whines* What's going on guyses? who's turn est it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Locked In (Literate and up)   Locked In (Literate and up) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Locked In (Literate and up)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next