Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]

Go down 
+3
Movie
x_fire
ManzanitaGrove
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What do you chose personally?
Constancy
Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_vote_lcap25%Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Castes
Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_vote_lcap13%Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Chaos
Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_vote_lcap62%Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] Empty
PostSubject: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:49 am

You think you know safety and peace....
You know nothing.

Lazaretto is paradise, literally. Here, harmony is everywhere. The earth gives bounty at the barest effort and all the seasons are mild. There used to be smaller villages around the city, but now the city has swelled until it swallowed them. Now there is only the one, beautiful City of Lazaretto. Quite literally it is the only city, because to the west and north there is an inhospitable desert. To the east there is a tranquil ocean, but shallow jagged rocks protect the bay from entrance or exit. And to the south, imposing mountain peaks block the way. Their snow provides the water for the valley of plenty, but they also prevent travel southward. With no other nations, war has never touched the land. Having no reason for fighting, research in such areas is primitive. Science has lain stagnant and instead wonders of medicine and construction have blossomed. Art is everywhere and conveniences abound. Proper furnaces, plumbing, and paved streets are everywhere. Yes, this is paradise.

You think you know danger and destruction?
You know nothing.

Because hell is about to descend
on a city
totally unprepared for the catastrophe.

They haven’t realized it, the sleeping citizens of Lazaretto, but their world is on a cusp. For the first time food is starting to run short. The population has been unbridled, but now we have run out of land. There are only three ways forward now, and there is no telling which will be our destiny. Or how we will reach it.

Constancy:
For:
Peace will prosper and population will be controlled gradually. Our haven will reach its limit and remain there, safe for eternity as a volunteer council maintains our harmony with the earth and each other by equality for all. A perfect balance will be reached and we will continue our perfect life, nestled in our oasis.
Against:
With no opposing forces, life will remain a boring routine devoid of progress and creativity will stagnate with not challenges. Over such long, unchanging times, the earth will slowly wither from the constant farming to the maximum until the entire paradise withers, unless the harmony generates miracles.

Castes:
For:
Order will only come from strict regulation and a master organization that can work toward the benefit of society. By giving control to the select few, they can guide our paradise toward the future as best and as quickly and as possible. Thus, they will direct work efficiently toward the prolonged survival and eventual spread of our peaceful life.
Against:
With so much power in such a rigid structure, a selfish caste system will develop as all the resources are funneled toward the top. Lazy and secure, the leaders will live in luxury and ignore the needs of the slaves at the bottom of the hierarchy. Our glorious paradise will become a slave kingdom as thousands groan and plenty will only exist for the few at the top. Research will die off with no reason to exist other than to please the powerful.

Chaos:
For:
Long has Lazaretto slumbered, now we see the folly of our ways, and will suffer for it if we don’t change soon. Humankind always performs best under pressure, and with individuals and small groups fighting for resources the best will thrive. As such, those who have skills and discover ways to escape will teach the others, and benefit everyone. To suppress ourselves has lead to a stifled society that only lasted this long because of nature’s kindness. Now her other face will push us toward freedom and growth anew.

Against:
Chaos is only another word for descent to our primitive roots. If we succumb, all our progress will be lost and the beautiful society that once existed will crumble into nothingness. Starvation will occur as supplies are wasted. Lives will be lost needlessly in the lawlessness. People everywhere will claw tooth and nail against each other to survive on scraps, while mob bosses will rise and fall at the whim of chance. Chaos has always been and always will be the enemy.

Secret meetings, furtive deeds, public demonstrations, and maybe even assassinations will occur as the innocent city tilts to one side or another. This is their entire world, and it is in danger that concerns every citizen, yet only a very few are fully aware. The smallest deed could change the course and you could be the one to influence it all, now what will you do?

A few examples:
A street urchin who wants to convince the police chief to sew the seeds of chaos.
A librarian wants to convince the governor to start to gather power and organize for castes.
An artist who wants to convince the disgruntled townspeople never to become a mob and instead embrace constancy.

Other info:
Questions are welcome, roleplayers doubly so! I love all styles as long as they are long and literate.

I'm fine with any species, as long as discrimination doesn't come into the picture. Remember, these people are isolated, so everyone is used to each other's appearance and customs. Other than that, have at it. (I was originally imagining all human inhabitants with no powers, but I don't see why this couldn't work with other species and abilities.) Sorry, no mysterious wanderers. They don't exist in this world, kthnx.

Feel free to paint any setting as long as it fits with my basic description. (Splendor with no electricity and no excessive weapons)

No need to ask permission, a bio or intro is fine, as long as it is off sufficient quality. Please join, as long as you put in some effort, I'm really not that picky.

I'll post a character or two and an opening later, but feel free to start without me. ;]

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hierogryphon.deviantart.com/
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:26 am

><o><
..::: | Reserved | ::..
><o><

Weather: ???
Season: ???
News: A high priest has left for a meditative venture into the desert.

Current prevailing view: Favors Constancy
Current atmosphere: Carefree and Naive

(naturally this will change as demonstrations and plots work behind the scenes. No matter what happens, fear will morph Lazaretto's atmosphere as the turmoil enters the public conscience.)

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:22 am

OOC: I'd like to join, I did read your thingy about not needing to ask and just post a bio/intro, but I have to run off =] Shall post eventually lol.
Awesome plot by the way, reminds me of a book.
Back to top Go down
http://lonevega.webs.com/
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:27 am

((Hahah, welcome to Lazaretto. ^^
Yeah, I know what you mean, I've done that a fair amount. (wanted to post, but had to run off....) Thanks for the compliment, but thanks even more for joining! ;]

Oh, what book are you referring to?))

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:10 am

ooc: I would love to join! It sounds really cool btw. Just a quick question however, are we doing detailed bios or intros, or a mixture of both really? =P
Back to top Go down
http://www.mythodreas.com/profiles.php?user=movie
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:14 am

((Whatever you do best, Movie. =]

Again, thanks for the compliment, I get really inspired when I have an idea that I haven't heard of before. x] ))

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:30 am

ooc: cool and your welcome =P
I'll have a detailed bio up for my charrie in a bit, and I'll probably do an intro as well to go with it. Not sure if I'm gonna write the intro now though, just whenever we start....and I might add a second charrie as long as it's alright with you.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:38 am

((Heh, don't hesitate to start us off. ^^ And yes, I'd like it if you added a second charrie. Now I just have to figure out what charrie I want to use. o-0
lol, I'll be working on my own characters and intro as people join.))
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:14 pm

These may change a little before I start. Or they may remain the same.

Spoiler:
Name: Kev Lrodeth
Favors: Constancy
Why? He has always worked toward keeping the peace, and changing doesn't fit with his view of the world.
Occupation: Chief of Police. (due to the minimal task force, he also works as head of the intelligence bureau.)
Personality: Generally mild, he acts slowly but has a pretty sharp mind when it comes down to it. He is a bit of a control freak and often takes over jobs himself to make sure they are done right. As a result he is often overworked. He is a proud man, and has blind spots in his personality. It takes a lot to make him realize his mistakes, but once he does he'll work tirelessly to correct them.
Appearance: See picture. He likes his uniform, and frequently wears it off duty. The sword is only a decoration, and although it functions, a hefty blunderbuss pistol with exploding balls of knockout gas is his actual tool for conflict.
Past: Worked his way up the ranks via hard work. He gets on the nerves of those below him, but they trust him with their life because he is too proud to do anything but what is right.
Other: Not a fire elemental.

Spoiler:
Name: Lorem Ipsum
Favors: Caste
Why? Organization is her life, and too often the ignorant make life worse for everyone. Those who are best at being in charge should guide life for the others, and honestly Constancy is too ideal to ever exist.
Occupation: She is now a Head Clerk at the Records Department. She has worked with Kev once in awhile to track down laundering, forgery, and errors in accounting.
Personality: Maddeningly calm, she rarely shows emotion except the barest amusement or disapproval. She is entirely devoted to her work and her small world, and doesn't seek company.
Appearance: As picture.
Past: Was an architect for awhile. She has an astounding head for numbers and is a human calculator, but didn't have the creative flair necessary to design good buildings.
Other:

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Ooc\\
This seems really interesting Manza, I like how it is all set up.
I would like to join, but I'm kind of hesistating about it...
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:49 pm

((*grins* Thank you! But why are you hesitating?

Of course you are welcome to wait and see how it begins, or just join much later..... but I want to know why you aren't jumping in right away. =] ))
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:54 pm

OOC: Holay =] I'm gonna post an intro. But I have a quick questions, when you say species, do you mean any species? Like shapeshifter, vampire, werewolf, etc?
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:59 pm

(( Yes, yes I do! Even quadrupeds are welcome. =]

The focus is going to be on the way the society is affected by the pull of the different beliefs. I don't care if the roleplay ends up realistic or magical. =] ))
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 pm

OOC: Alrighty cool =] I shall be a vampire =]
Hm, I'm gonna do an intro, so...I suppose I'll start construction on that XD
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:02 pm

(( haha, awesome! =D I might make an intro after you do, depending on how much time I have. x3 ))
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:13 pm

It was a typical day in the city of Lazaretto, it was always typical, in Utopia, one could expcet that. The streets were mildly crowded, but it was early enough in the morning that they hadn't become packed yet, thankfully. A tall, dark haired man moved through the streets. He was tall, standing well over six feet with broad shoulders. Like all of his kind he had pale skin, that even the most sun exposure could never darken. His eyes were a deep piercing blue, with shaggy dark brown hair. He strode slowly, a key in one hand as he walked to open his shop. Demitri Draq, or just Demitri, as he was known to his friends, was a vampire, one of the few that resides in Lazaretto. He, and the others of his kind, were rationed blood on a daily, or weekly basis, depending on their age. Though he resembled twenty five, Demitri was well over that in age, nearing nine hundred, though, as all his kind, he didn't appear that way at all. He stood in front of the only book shop in the city, his book shop, he had a passion for literature, which had translated into him selling them. He smiled, revealing his sharp fangs, though he never had use for them anymore, not that his blood was provided.

He stepped into the shop, inhaling the scent of old pages, leather bound covers, and the occasional dust mote. He was fairly social for his kind, thriving on the closeness that came from the people of this fair city. Turning the ancient sign on the door from opened to closed, he stepped back into the shop, begining to clean shelves, stock books as they were needed, and what not. He shook his head, sneezing as he unearthed a particularly dusty cover. Frowning, he used a cloth to wipe away the dust, trying to uncover what was hidden beneath.
"Ah" His voice was rich, a deep rumbled that suited him, and was pleasing to all the ears that it fell upon. He knew this book, in fact, he had been searching for it for numerous days now. He smirked, continuing to wipe it clean as he set it on the polished counter. He felt relieved, as if he had found an old friend, which was what books were for him. Humans lived such short lives, and often he was shy to befriend them for just that worry.

OOC: Hope this works =]
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:50 pm

((perfect. I'll be making mine now.....))

Midnight blue tailcoats swished as Kev strode through the plaza, his sharp boots thudded rhythmically across the tiled surface. A small fountain echoed in the distance as vendors set up their wares for that day's market, but Kev's mind was not on such trivial things. He had begun business early today because he was looking into a strange event that might be the work of an old gang. Odd writing had been found at the scene of a robbery, and one symbol had also cropped up at a sabotaged water treatment plant a few weeks earlier. He was certain there was a connection, and more than likely the symbol would help him track down the culprits. Sure enough, Lorem, head clerk at the records division, had found the symbol to be a famous woodcutter's trademark, now deceased. Unfortunately she had no other significant records to give him further clues.

His next order of business was to seek out the bookshop to see if they had any literature on the renowned woodcutter's life and work. Maybe it would be no use. Maybe it was mere coincidence. But Kev was not going to give up without exhausting the lead. His expression was of fixed determination, and it was clear to the passer's by that he was on official business. His gloved hand fingered the hilt of his sword. It was little more than decoration, but it still made him flush with pride. The habit of rubbing the hilt calmed him when he was worked up. At the moment he was preoccupied because the crimes were connected. There was no reason for groups to work together in their civil disobedience, unless some cult was emerging, and that would be a huge headache for Kev to eradicate.

Sighting the bookshop, he arrived at the door and swung it open swiftly. He stepped inside smoothly, and with precision stopped the door from slamming. Pausing to look around, and let his eyes adjust to the relative gloom, he looked disdainfully at the dust everywhere. With luck the owner could help him find what he was looking for without wasting time, but he doubted it based upon the condition of the shelves.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:18 pm

ooc: sorry guys, had internet trouble again....you can keep going on if you want. I'll just make a couple quick bios and then jump in soon =P
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Demitri's sharp hearing caught the noise of someone entering the store. Standing, he rose from behind the counter, looking at the man curiously. A quick sweep of his uniform told him who he was, where he worked, and just how to interact with the man. He set the book aside, brushing it carefully with his hand, his blue eyes observing the human for a moment, before he smiled lightly, instantly becoming the polite shop keeper.
"Hello, how can I help you today sir?" He asked, quirking a brow. He hadn't expected anyone this early, and he was still getting the shop in order. He had a shop assistant, but the woman hadn't been doing her job properly, and things needed to be orderd and cleaned. Much like the human, the scent of dust was displeasing to him, particularly due to the sensitivity of his nose.

He shook his head for a moment, looking around the shop, he often became lost in thought and what not. Life here was dull for him, mainly because it was so ordinary, living life the same day to day could be come monotonous, but for one who lived hundreds, if not thousands of years beyond the norm, it could be downright unbearable. He shook his head again, trying to force his attention to the man in front of him, the obviously impatient man who was here for business, not the simple pleasure of books, which saddened him slightly. He loved his books, and to know the man was only here for one thing, it was a bit annoying, he'd never understand the glory that could be found in the written word.
Back to top Go down
Movie
Verifier
Movie

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:59 pm

ooc: okay, finally got the bios XD

Spoiler:
Name: Elena Frohmeyer
Favors: Constancy
Why? She has believed in peace at all costs, and to her, none of the other groups can keep this.
Occupation: Architect for the city, mostly deals with renovations now seeing as there is no need to expand.
Personality: She is ambitious and hard-working, and she wants to be appreciated for it. She's highly social and enjoys the company of others. Things come easy to her, so sometimes she expects others to keep up at the same pace as her, even if they don't need to. She's quite the people-pleaser, sometimes to a fault. She is very down to earth, practical, and has a very high energy expenditure.
Appearance: She wears a knee-length skirt that is a dark shade of pink. It has as few blue sewed-in flowers running near the bottom on the left side. She also wears a blue short-sleeved boat neck shirt with a white tank-top underneath.
Past: As a child she had only lived with her father, her mother had died during birth. She lived a normal utopian life other than that. She also worked under Lorem for a while when she first became an architect.
Other: She's friends with Tucker, but they haven't talked to eachother in years due to their differences in beliefs.

Spoiler:
Name: Tucker Stanz
Favors: Chaos
Why? He has never liked how large the city had become, and is bored by the 'utopian' aspect of it. Plus, his past wasn't necessarily a utopia either.
Personality:He is outgoing, smart, and tends to do whatever he wants. He will always listen to people's opinions, but will usually ignore them when it actually comes to making a choice. He keeps the friends he needs for the time being, and never lets himself dwell on the past. He typically acts sooner rather than later and as a result, he really helps those in need, even at the cost of his own problems. He can be at times a typical adolescent–brash, rebellious, and affectionately obnoxious person when he wants to be.
Appearance: He wears black slightly baggy pants, and a white long-sleeved shirt. He also wears a black tie most of the time. He wears the same for his occupation as well, not seeing the need to change.
Past: His parents abandoned him as a child to live with his aunt and uncle. They had done it out of kindess because they were botanists and explorers, and were leaving the city for a few years to study. He knew this, but he didn't believe that it was an accident that their leave was planned just after his birth. He had met Elena during schooling.
Other: He has a strange ability to slow things down in his mind for a few seconds at a time, making his reflexes amazing for those few seconds. He however gets very drained by this and only uses it as a last resort; he's probably only used it about three times in his life.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:29 pm

((Sweet bios movie! Neat that you tied Elena to Lorem, and Tucker's ability is intriguing. It sounds almost like something that exists as a rare ability in real life, what made you think of it? ))

Nodding at the owner who had appeared as if on cue, Kev cast one more look around the shop before moving forward. He was careful to make sure he didn't brush anything, as he hated when other disturbed his workspace, he always tried to make an effort not to make the offence himself. He made a small effort to be amiable, but he really would rather be out of the bookstore and back at his desk working out the problem already.

"Hi, I was hoping you could be of some assistance please. You see, I am looking for anything you might have concerning 'Egard Shandof.' He was a woodworker of high regard apparently. If you have any books about his life and work I'd be much obliged." Kev's eyes turned to sweep the shop again, as if looking for the right tome already. He smiled politely, "I really would appreciate any help you could offer, as I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to learn more." It was true that Kev didn't have much regard for the pleasures of literature. He was too driven by his competitive nature to spare much time to focus on the more artistic sides of life, that much Demitri had read well.

Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Demitri listened to the man, eyes growing wide at the mention of the woodworker. He did have a few select books on the wood worker. He nodded, "I do have a fairly good biography, as well as a history of his work" He said, walking to a particular shelf with grace that no human could ever hope to obtain. As a vampire, he did have the benifits of such. Speed, strength, senses, but, here, he need not use them. Occasionally he would run home, or use his strength to lift large boxes, but besides that he didn't really allow his body's gifts to show. His movement however was one thing he couldn't control, if his stunning appearance didn't set you off to what he was, his movement would. A few select persons in the community did frown on the allowance of vampires, but his kind were an asset, few jobs involving heavy lifting, or delicate senses could be done without the help of one such creature.

He sighed, woolgathering again. He glanced at the shelf he had positioned himself in front of, and rose quickly, standing to his full hight, as he generally slouched a bit, not wanting to appear to intimidating to humans, as he towered above most. Carefully he dislodged the book, using a rag in his pocket to remove the dust, and repeated the gesture with the next.
"Strangely enough, you are not the first to ask me for these specific books" He noted absentmindedly, handing them to the man, silently asking if they were what he wanted, or if there was something else he could aid him with.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Kev was unable to help but admire the sure and smooth way Demitri moved. He practically glided to the exact location and within moments had the exact books Kev was seeking. Surprised, Kev inspected the shelves closer, but still could not glean what order the rows of texts were in. He was still turning over the details of Demitri in his mind as he cracked open the pages of his two books. Surely the man was a vampire. Only they had such unearthly grace and pale skin. Their talents were vaguely familiar to Kev as he had once or twice observed their skills wielded to assist him in his line of work.

"Thank you..." Kev hesitated, realizing he didn't know the man's name, then let the sentence drop at that.

He was already scanning the leaves, absorbed in any hints that might jump out at him right away, when Demitri's added information interrupted him. He looked up sharply, staring directly into the vampire's unusual eyes. "What did you say? Who was this?" He demanded intensely. This would be twice as valuable as anything he could get from trying to guess the connection between the actions of the mysterious group and this woodcutter. He might be only steps away from finding their leader for all he knew. In the back of his mind he registered Demitri's astounding height, but all his conscience mind was churning with plans to mobilize a unit to track down the individual that Demitri might be able to describe.

Self satisfaction tinged his thoughts. The entire ordeal might be cleared up in only a few days! Sure that would be a record for such intangible clues that he had to run on. Look what one little symbol had done. He had been skeptical, but an investigator had to always be thorough, and here was exactly the reason why. One never knew what leads one might uncover in the unlikeliest of places. Mmmm, but I'm getting ahead of myself, it might only be a coincidence. At least I have found these books for certain. he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
x_fire
Verifier
x_fire

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:18 pm

"Demitri" Demitri finished the sentence for him. He sighed, watching the man curiously, before walking over to his desk and ruffling around through some seemingly messy material, but managed to pull a sale's bill out. He made a habit of keeping them, you never knew when names, dates, paper would come in handy, and as someone who lived for far longer then normal, he needed to keep track of things. He pulled the bill out, handing it to the man, "There, you can keep that if you need to, I have another copy" he said with a shrug of his broad, yet perfect for his body type shoulders. He glanced around curiously, still intent on the man, he didn't understand what was going on, but something told him it wasn't his place to ask, particularly when the man commanded such an aura of power. He glanced around the store, a scowl appearing on his features, it really was a mess, he'd have to take awhile to get it back in working order. At this rate, customers would need his help finding stuff, as the place was in such disarray.

He jerked his attention back to the man, "Please forgive me, I find I have a hard time focusing on things for a prolonged period of time, it's something that comes with old age" He smiled lightly, Demitri thrived in all moods, though lately he had been leaning towards Chaos, it amused him, and after such a long life, amusmant was hard to come by. He shook his head once again, dragging himself back into the conversation, a devestating smile on his face. It was the type of smile anyone would notice, and countless people would declare their love for him on the spot. It was a side affect of being a vampire, humans flocked to you, but they didn't love you, no one but your own kind could love you.

He re-focused on the man, his eyes were shining, he could practically see the excitment coursing through his body. He couldn't understand why, but he felt a small drop of happiness at the idea that perhaps he had made the man happy somehow. He looked at him, cocking his head to one side, almost expectantly.
"Is there anything else I can help you with?" He inquired, remembering his duties as owner of this shop.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Verifier
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:55 am

Ooc\\
Bleh, I hope my charries are okay, I just woke not too long ago, and I'm still in sleep mode.
XP

Spoiler:
Name: Cecilia Storm
Favors: Caste
Why? Cecilia believes different opinions from different people can create great new ideas for the small city of their to works thing out, and bring back harmony, but with her creative mind, she sees things different in her point of view then others trying, to plan out the punishment if the power is handled by a small handful of people
Occupation: Works in the stables with her step mother and birth father riding the carriges around, bringing people to their designated spots
Personality: Cecilia has such a wild mind, and creative when it comes to things, but she keeps it private in case it upsets her father. She had never liked her step mother, seeing the women boss young Cecilia around like a servant, but when she tries to tell her father, he thinks his younger daughter just despites the women he is madly in love with. She had always dreamed of meeting her birth mother, and her real brother, the every few times her father mentions of them.
Appearance: [Look in Spoiler]
Past: Just when she was about two, her birth mother left her father for the love of another man who has stolen her heart. Her brother, whom she never really knew aside form his name, was forced into coming with her. The two siblings have never had time to connect, and know each other. Cecilia grew up with her father for five years, until her eight birthday he married the women who promised them a good life with her. Her son has respectfully taken care of Cecilia since they met, and he was a second brother to her, but she clings on to the hope of seeing her real, true, brother.
Other: Has the goal of meeting her birth mother once again and finally getting to know her older brother, Lavi

Spoiler:
Name: Lavi Noel
Favors: Chaos
Why? Ever since his mother left his father and married the guy, he had turned rebelious. Lavi had been growing faster then most boys, and he's been growing stronger, mentally. He has watched his mother cave into the man, being all naive, growing weaker and weaker, which was nowhere in life going to help her. He had refused to give his love to the man he is suppose to call 'father'. Lavi grown hard against his mother ever since then.
Occupation: Blacksmith assistance, he works along side with his friend and his friend's father
Personality: Lavi seems all quiet and strong on the outside, but sometimes he gets all soft when thinking about his real father and his sister he missed, the years they could of have spend together, the days when she needed help he would be there to help. He had grown strong against his mom and step father, moving out when he was just eighteen, sick of their ignorance not giving him a chance in life. He's been living alone since then, and sometimes after coming from work, sitting in his house, daydreams about how Cecilia is cooping along with their father.
Appearance: [Look at Spoiler]
Past: After leaving his sister he was heartbroken to see her stand there as his mother pulled him away, Cecilia face showing an expression of hurt. When they moved in with his step father, the man tired to grow a bond with Lavi but he refused, sealing the world all around him. His mother grown worry but he kept telling her he was okay, when he wasn't, wanting her to be happy, but that was long ago he told her does words, that small sentence that changed him since then.
Other: Is going to pursue his hopes of finding his long lost sister and father

Last edited by Chesire Cat Xx on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]   Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick your Poison. Pick your Panacea. [Lit]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying-
Jump to: