Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Lunch [1x1]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Ooc: D=> four days? Yikes what a drive. Most I've gone is six hours. But at least you'll have lots of neat scenery to look at on the way.
bic

Draq could feel Lily's uncertainty, her unease at shopping. It came with being a predator, feelings of tension were easily picked up on his part. But her feeling were understandable. For all he knew, this could be her first time even being allowed in a clothing store. He'd found her in rags after all.
He rolled his eyes as she apologised for his touching her. She jumped, so what? When you had a chilling temperature, when you were a human eating vampire, the average mortal did jump when you touched them. It was nothing Lily needed to apologise for.
He watched Lily look around as he waited for Tom to return with his father: Luis. He noticed the fact Lily never took anything off the racks, she looked, barely touched, didn't say anything. He blinked as she halted in front of a dress, he examined it from a distance then wandered towards her, cautious to touch her due to her last reaction.
"Do you like this dress Lily?" He asked her quietly, just looming quietly over her shoulder, watching her. "You know, I'm sure the Patchets wouldn't mind if you touched the dress or tried it on. You have to tell me when you like things, money's no option. I don't want you to be shy about it, or you'll be stuck in the dead lady's cocktail dress forever." He gave a yawn, reaching up and taking the dress of the rack and holding it up against her. "It would fit you nicely, I think, you never really can tell." He stuffed it in her hands and looked up as Tom returned with an average height man with white skin, blond thinning hair, and blue eyes, in his mid-40s.
The man looked up at Draq and smiled, "Ross. So you did decide to come back before I kicked the bucket. Haven't aged a day, like usual. You look great." He turned to his son, "Tom. Turn up the air conditioning for our customer."
Tom nodded and did as he was told.
"So what can I do for you today Ross?" Luis asked him with a still remaining, friendly smile. Though he did catch sight of the girl hiding behind the tall vampire. "Hello, how are we doing today Miss? You must be the girl Tom was talking about. Ross' friend right?" He wasn't about to comment on the wisdom on taking a vampire's company. Though he'd known Roscuro his whole life, the man was still a vampire, and if it weren't for the wonderful eternity of rich business he provided, he doubted he'd let the man in his shop. But Ross was decent, and to was hard to imagine him ever slaying anything, but he did almost every day. He'd witnessed it himself on a customer that had happened to walk in after Ross and prick his finger on one of the hanger's stray sharp edges. Needless to say, there wasn't anything he could do but let Ross have his way with the poor soul, and afterwards smooth down each hanger to make sure it didn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkvampirelord.webs.com/
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 am

((yeah. Not 24 hour driving though.. That would be scary to do o.o
But there is and upside to everything =D
Also have fun camping I'll send that to you mentally too X] ))

“Oh I was just…” She stopped when Draq held the dress up to her saying that he thought that it would fit right and shoved it in her hands. Vampire charm had done it again. “Well okay. Where do I...Try it on? Is that what you said?” It sounded weird to say that. She never got the chance to try anything on. It was odd to even ask. She looked around not that she would find a changing room, not knowing what one looked like was a problem.
Lily looked out from behind Draq, still holding the dress in her arms. “Hello Sir.” She said politely, acting the same way that she had with Draq the night before. “I’m fine, sir. Yourself?” She moved out from behind Draq, shifting the dress onto one arm so she could extent her hand to the store owner. She knew that was the polite thing to do, but she had only picked that up from watching other people; pleasantries generally weren’t exchanged on the street. She extended her left hand instead of her right, not knowing the difference. “I’m Lilyana, or Lily, whichever you’d like sir.”
The atmosphere was strange here. She couldn’t quiet point it out because her mind was occupied with unease. Something was being forced. His friendliness? That could be it but she couldn’t tell.
“You make...” She paused like she couldn’t think of the words that she wanted to use. “Nice things.” She finished standing on her toes so she could see over Luis to the stuff behind him. She tried not to get distracted by the things around her because she was talking, but it was clear that she tuned out a few different times. There was more clothes and color here than she had ever seen in her life time. That in its self was distracting. She noted something that she liked and lowered herself back down to her heels so she was standing flat footed.
Lily fidgeted, shifting her weight, playing with the hem of the dress she was borrowing from Draq, shifting the dress between her arms. She couldn’t help it. He was able to vent her nervousness on the clothes that she was looking at, shifting and fidgeting without drawing much attention to herself, but now she was standing ‘still’ and there wasn’t anything that she could do to vent her unease elsewhere. It was just so strange.

Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:51 pm

Ooc: Aw thanks. ^_^ I'll wish you a happy vacation mentally if I can't catch ya before you head off to yours too. =)
bic;

Draq stared at Lily in surprise as she asked about trying it on. He guessed he should have suspected such a thing, but really, she didn't even know the term? Had she never shopped for clothes before? Then...how did she get her rags? Made them maybe, stole them, things like that. This is what you get for dragging a human off the streets. They need to be taught how to blend in society, and it was better they sort it out now then later.
"You try clothes on over there Lily, in that white box-looking thing against the wall." He pointed for her in the general direction, ignoring Luis' own look of bewilderment and confusion. It could be worse, he could have to show her how a toilet worked or something like that. At least she knew how to look after herself.
He watched Luis return the handshake with Lily and reply, "I'm good, never been better. Lily you say? Pleasure to meet you. I'm Luis, and this is my son Tom." He smiled as she complimented his clothes. "Thank you, I try. Better and longer lasting than any world marketed clothes I can assure you." He watched her fidget and looked up at Draq with another curious look. "Your friend you say?"
"My new maid," Ross muttered back. "She'll be tidying the house up for me, but I figured I should buy her some food and clothes first."
"Doesn't she have her own clothes?" Luis asked back curiously.
"Not really," Draq muttered with a shrug, "I pulled her off the streets." He rolled his eyes as Luis coughed sharply, harder than normally seeing as how he had a problem with his lungs.
"Is there a problem?"
"No, no problem," Luis muttered back, looking at Lily then to Draq. "But when you say streets..."
"I mean she's homeless, not a prostitute, not a drug dealer or taker, Luis," Ross muttered almost smiling at the comment. Luis was innocent and honest. If he was doubting, he cleared it up. It wasn't ignorance, just lack of knowledge and a high concern. "But anyways, I'd like you to make her some things. But she doesn't know what she wants, so you'll have to show her what you can do and let her design her own clothes... Would you like that Lily?" He asked curiously. "Go try that dress on, then come right back. We don't have all day for clothes. Food too you know..." He glanced at Luis, who caught his gaze and gave a half smile. Tom had merely taken his place at the counter again.
Draq was used to this behaviour, the feeling Lily was picking up was unease. It came from Luis alone, because Luis had never been the same after seeing the side of him he preferred to keep modestly hidden. Most people weren't the same after seeing someone get killed right in front of their eyes, and knowing that there was nothing you could do, because getting involved meant your own death. Luis, as he recalled, had tried to bind the cut before Draq had picked up on it, it had resulted in a couple broken ribs, which made Luis cough, probably for the rest of his life. Tom was a lot like Luis before the accident, he was friendly, in a way naive. He knew what Draq was, he knew the danger, but having never witnessed it, he was nothing but friendly.
Draq didn't mind, it had been an accident, nothing more or less. The person had been in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he had not died in vain. If he hadn't died, then Luis would have died. So in a way he'd saved Luis' life. That was how he preferred to think of it anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:27 pm

((=D))
Lily looked in the direction that Draq had pointed in. “Okay.” She said when she thought that she saw what he was pointing at. White box on the wall that was simple enough to find. She noticed Luis’ look. He wouldn’t understand, maybe he would but she wasn’t going to try to explain.
“Nice to meet you too, sir.” She replied folding her arm under her the dress she was going to try on. She nodded when he said that his clothes lasted longer than marketed clothes. Lily held her arms closer to her chest when they started talking about her. She kept her mouth shut and tried not to look angry that there was need to clear up that she wasn’t a prostitute among other things. They didn’t mention a gang banger. Funny.
She looked at Draq when he started talking to her, not just about her. She nodded. “Yes I would like that.” She turned and walked back towards the dressing room after Draq dismissed her from the conversation. Lily shuffled past the racks of clothing and into the dressing room. She slid the curtain shut. She looked around. There was a mirror and a coat hanger on the wall, She hung the dress up on the hanger. ‘Try it on. Okay. Simple enough.’ She reached around to the back of her dress yanking on the zipper. Stubborn thing. She pulled on it harder, it gave and slid down. Lily pulled the dress up over her head. She took the dress off of the hanger and hung up the one she was wearing. Lily checked the back of the dress, No zipper, perfect. She smiled and slid the dress over her head. Lily turned and looked at herself in the mirror.
Lily’s hands when to her mouth, muffling a ‘squee’ like noise. She couldn’t help but be excited; she’d never worn anything so pretty. Nor did she expect to be wearing such a bright color. She looked out from behind the curtain. “Sir Draq! Sir Draq, come look!” She was trying yell and be loud but she was beaming obviously really excited. She let go of the curtain and stepped out from behind it. The dress clung tight at the top like it was meant too, flaring out just below her knees. Lily smoothed the dress out and looked up smiling. Lily didn’t know if she was actually suppose to walk out of the dressing room with the dress on but she was too excited to care.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:47 pm

Ooc: I'll be leaving at 9:30 am tomorrow, so today's the last day I'll have to post. ^_^ Byes, well maybe. I may post again today, who knows. =D
bic;

Draq watched Lily take off, not after observing her reactions to their blunt conversation about her. She hadn't been pleased with Luis, he hadn't expected her to be, but it was nothing to hold against him. Just curiosity. Once Lily had gone behind the curtains he began to discuss basics with Luis. Like usual, no price limit, ask her about allergies and if she had any, she'd need to be measured all around, and walked through the whole thing. He also covered her lack of knowledge over shopping and such things, just so Luis wasn't taken by surprise.
"Don't manipulate her to what you want. She's a bit quiet, so you have to let her decide by making her. Otherwise she'll probably not say anything at all and just bob her head threw the whole thing." He paused as he heard her struggling with the zipper and shook his head, but Luis only gave him a curious look to which Draq just shrugged and muttered, "It's nothing."
But his eyes again became trained on the change room when he heard a sharp, yet forcibly muffled noise. He knew it all too well. It was the feminine noise of a pleased, and excited female, and just to prove his point, Lily's head whirled out of the curtains and cried for him to come over and see her.
He blinked at her energy, almost overwhelmed by it. He quietly stuffed his hands in his pockets and wandered towards her, only to have her bounce out of the room instead and show of the dress, which upon correct estimations, fit her perfectly. Not only did it fit her perfectly, but it looked nicer on her then on the hanger.
He pulled a smile for her, seeing how happy she was. His green sunglass protected eyes swept over her to take her new look in. He figured it was the first time Lily'd ever worn something like this in her life, and he wouldn't ruin it for her with a neutral attitude. Girls didn't seem to like that when they were excited.
"Wow Lily, it looks good on you. You like it?" Did she like it... obviously she loved it. She could have it if she wanted it. He didn't mind. Whatever she wanted, it was crucial that she was happy with him, because she'd have a lot on her mind when the full weight of her deal came down. He could put up with an eternity of killing. The question was could she? So he had to be on his best behaviour, he'd buy her whatever she liked, react how she wanted, dazzle her with his wealth and home. It was all he could do after all.
He glanced at Luis as he came over, though Tom was clapping briefly for her, Luis was smiling broadly. Obviously she'd picked something worth a bit of money, a good sale. Whatever, not that Draq cared. He had enough money to buy the whole building, everything in it, and still be rich enough to buy it all again at least three times over.
But of course to Luis, a deal was a deal. He didn't have a bottomless pit of money, he depended on Drake's personal business mostly. "Well Lily I must say, you look beautiful in that dress. Just stunning. Hell, you even make Ross look ordinary." He raised a brow at the vampire and muttered under his breath, "Sir Draq?"
Draq rolled his eyes, "She named me, so what?" He looked back over at Lily as Luis fell into another short fit of mild coughing. "You know Lily, You could wear that out of the store too. If you like it that is, I'll play for it now, we'll cut off the tags, and Luis will take you out back to have you measured and show you what he can do for you. You can have many dresses like that one, or even prettier. Whatever you'd like, Luis can do it for you." He patted Luis' back to help him finish coughing, to which luis held up a hand and muttered, "I'm fine." Then he looked up at Lily and nodded, "I sure could."
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:25 pm

((So I’m pretty sure I played the Sims and Dragon Age the whole time you were gone ^^’ Dear melted brain please come back X3
How was camping?))

“I like it.” She said smiling, broadly. “It fits right too.” Or it seemed to fit right; she didn’t really know what right was for a dress, but it stayed up and wasn’t causing any problems. Lily rubbed the fabric in between her fingers enjoying how it felt. It was hardly noticeable that she was playing with the fabric as her hands were at her sides.
“What kind of fabric is this? It feels…different.” A good different but different none the less. She didn’t take Luis and Tom’s reactions the same why that Draq did being on the other end, she took it as a complement not an ‘awesome more money.’ She’d ignored the tags for a reason; she’d have a mental spazz if she saw the price.
Lily looked at Luis when he spoke. “Do you?” She smiled. Whether or not he meant his flattery was something that she did not take into account. It made her laugh too that he said that she made Draq look ordinary. That was a little much but enjoyable none the less. “I think it would take a whole lot more than a dress to match a vampire’s beauty.” Lily’s jaw shifted, she didn’t really mean for that to sound like it did. More stuff. Not want she wanted. She simply shook her head. It would be a tease if anything.
Lily looked over at Draq, ignoring Luis’s coughing, figuring that she should. “Really?” She said happily. It wasn’t that she didn’t like the dress that Draq had given her to wear; she just liked this one better. “Okay. Let me go get the other one.” She said before turning and walking back to the dressing room. Lily took the other dress from the hook and the hanger that the dress that she was wearing now was on. She walked back to Draq and Luis, with the dress slung over her arm. Her fidgeting had calmed down noticeably but would sky rocket again when she was being fitted. How useful.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Ooc: LOL oh awesome. I looovve Sims, and Zoo Tycoon, but I've never heard of Dragon Age... Is it good?
Camping was good. ^_^ No showers, no shade, 30 degrees Celsius each day... But I had a really fun time.
bic;

Draq was quite mostly, listening to Lily comment on the dress, watching her fidget with the fabric, and nodding when it was required of him to show approval. The soft smile he'd pulled remained for her for the same reasons. He glanced at Luis, who, of course, was all over complimenting and baiting Lily into needing the dress instead of just pondering wanting it. He rolled his eyes, but really wasn't bothered by it. Lily was raised on the streets, she probably knew better than him how to deal with sleek sales men.
Luis smiled, "Yeah, yeah, it fits you real nice Lily. Perfectly." He paused as she commented on the fabric, to which he wandered over to her and examined the dress closer, having been a while since he'd made that one, he needed to refresh his memory. "This dress is made from a variety of fabrics. But the main cloth is soft cotton, and silk. I think that's what you were feeling out before and asking about. You've felt silk right?" He wouldn't know, silk was classified as a rich people's wear, but now-a-days anyone wore it, despite the remaining reputation it held. He smiled and nodded enthusiastically at her confirmation. "Of course," but he paused at her comment on vampire's beauty, and glanced at Draq a moment, who was shifting his weight from foot to foot and clearing his throat almost uncomfortably, before he looked back to Lily and muttering, "That depends on you ideals about beauty, Lily." He cleared his own throat and pulled back on his smile, watching as she disappeared back into teh change room, coming back with the old dress slung over her arm. "Alright, just come over to the till with me so I can scan the tags and the dress is yours." He wandered over to Tom behind the counter, talking to his son briefly and watching the boy take off and leave him to deal with the front counter. He smiled and waited, "Well?"
Draq watched Luis passively, then looked over at Lily and placed his hand on her shoulder, examining teh dress momentarily for rips or loose seams, minor repairs before he bought it. Upon finding none that alerted him he let his hand slid down Lily's back and pat her gently. "Come on," he gave her another light smile, then wandered his way over to the front counter, pulling out his wallet and setting it on the table, ignoring the look Luis pulled, as if teh wallet were doing flips before his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:34 pm

((Zoo tycoon is great. -cheats for unicorns X]
I really like it but I had to update my graphics card to play it. But its worth it I think.
Curse you US and your stupid 'lets be different with our measuring system.' *mumble mumble* lets see that do that times that divided by that... ah yes. That's toasty.
That's what camping is all about. Very Happy))
“I’ve heard of silk.” She said with a tinge of question in her voice, as if she wasn’t sure if she really had or not. She felt the cloth again to see if she remembered it any better. “ No, no I don’ think I have felt it before.” She wasn’t going to say that she liked it or that’s all she was going to end up getting. If this dress was expensive then Luis would happily fit all of her clothes with it. She didn’t really want that.
Lily felt that she had wandered off into the wrong territory with her comment about vampire’s beauty. Luis was right, but it was true. Vampires had to be pretty and charming. Survival tactics. That was the same as everyone else. Luis and Tom over did everything that had to do with selling things to make money and survive. That was found out through trial and error. There had to be vampires out there that didn’t have those genes and died off., or maybe not. She wouldn’t know. Maybe she’d end up asking some time. “Sorry.” She apologized, she’d made them both uncomfortable and that upset her.
Like she had before she tensed when Draq touched her shoulder. He normally only touched her for a short period of time. But he was looking at the dress that that took more time. She sucked in a breath, her jaw clenching shut. She held that breath only until she had to let it go. Tension spread through her body the longer she felt his cold skin. She’d had enough by the time he’d finished looking the dress over. She whirled around the minute his hand started to slide down her back, a low growl like noise admitting from her throat. Her grey eyes had narrowed significantly. She jolted backwards, almost falling when she’d noticed what she was doing. Her hands went to her mouth, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” she said, almost on the verge of tears.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 11:21 am

Ooc: I can't get unicorns! DX darn you zoo tycon 2!
The measuring system here isn't that bad. 0 is the mid point, the higher the number the hotter, the lower the number the colder. -7 =cold, +30= to hot for me! XP
And oh yes, that's totally what camping was all about. ^_^
bic;

Luis gave Lily a look of interest as she seemed doubtful about her knowledge on silk. The fact she'd never felt it before intrigued him, but when you made clothes, had felt every possible fabric, it would seem strange to meet someone who hadn't ever felt silk before. He watched Draq examine her dress or more so watched Lily's reactions to having the vampire so close to her. She reacted the same way he would. Though Draq never really touched him, other than the occasional pat on the back to clear a cough, he'd never liked having the vampire too close. It made him nervous, like it made everyone nervous, because you never knew what he was thinking and your life was on the line every time he walked through the door. Lily looked ready to smack Draq if he didn't give her space soon, which Luis was a bit worried about, he didn't know how Draq would handle aggressive behaviour. He really didn't want to find out either.
Draq was aware of Lily's tensing up under his touch, but it was also something he was so used to, he didn't even really acknowledge it anymore. He paused slightly in looking over the dress as he heard Lily's breathing stop, he'd glanced up at her a second only before carrying on. But when he'd finished, and moved his hand to coax her into moving to the front counter, he'd received a sharp turn, and a growl. His eyes widened a bit, his hand lifted away from her, but it seemed no explanation was needed once he saw her hands move to her mouth and her eyes water. He watched her in a short of awkward silence as Lily fought tears. Finally he muttered, "It's fine, not your fault. I need to pay more attention is all. It was too much, wasn't it?" He let his hands slid into his pockets, and let himself hunch in the animalistic way he always did, his sunglasses slid half down his nose, allowing deep green eyes to watch her more clearly before he turned and wandered to the counter, whipping out the money needed for the dress and waiting patiently for Lily to come within the scanner's reach.
He'd dulled down again, the smile was gone, replaced by the dark, emotionless expression he'd worn before meeting Lily. It was true, he needed to pay more attention. Lily was human, human's didn't like vampire's grabbing their shoulders and looking them over. Her reaction was something he should have seen coming a mile away, especially when he'd let his hand slid down her back. Girls in general didn't like that. But really, he'd been the rich, pretty boy so long, he was used to getting away with everything and anything he wanted. All it usually took was a half smile and a sideways glance to have a girl follow him anywhere despite knowing what he was. They all seemed to have the idea that maybe he wasn't going to eat them, and they'd get the handsomest boyfriend in town. But Lily didn't seem to really be like that. She didn't seem to strive for his touch like the others did. It was another thing about her that drew him in. Her resistance. But right now, he really shouldn't be pulling those strings. He glanced at Lily, cold eyes staring through her embarrassment asking her to come over to the counter, and giving nothing else.
Luis on the other hand, was far more sympathetic. "Lily? Did he hurt you?" It as a natural response now, to do with the accident yet again. "You can sit down if you'd like, there's a chair over there." He signaled to the chair by the waiting room.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:40 pm

((NUUUUUUZZZZ!!!!! That's lame. Bad Numero 2 Bad! *scolds it for you* X]
Yours makes more sense that's for sure. Even though I know 30 is warm My brain is like. 'That be cold.' 30 is around 86ish. which i'm sure makes your brain want to die cause that way toasty))
She didn’t want to lash out like that. Not here. She’d embarrassed herself enough in the short time that she was in her by not knowing what simple things were, but she could help it. She tried to, but the truth was she probably would never be able too. She’d lived on the streets to long. Touch was not common there, and if it happened it was negative. Lily reacted to it without thinking ever thinking about it. She was only able to hold off because she knew that it was Draq, maybe she should have reacted to it right away because he was a murderer but there were too many people around. He wouldn’t here, that would be stupid, even she knew that.
“For a normal person probably not.” Lily replied rubbing her eyes to stop in an attempt to dry them. “I’m sure you know better than me that you can only fight of instinct for so long.” She mumbled taking her hands away from her eyes. She stood by herself facing away from the counter. She needed to calm down before she did what Draq told her to do.
Lily felt the mood change becoming grimmer that it already was. Draq had recoiled within himself again. By his reaction to what she had done he wasn’t used to her kind of behavior. Which she guessed made some sense but he had to of had someone from the same background as her for supper sometime. Or maybe not.
Lily turned and walked over to the counter. She wanted to pretend that it hadn’t happened that would be the easiest way but that wasn’t going to happen right now, she could tell. Lily lifted her head from the floor when Luis spoke to her. She smiled softly, “No. Sir Draq didn’t.” If she did end up getting her because of that it would have been her own fault. She was sure that she couldn’t take a whack at him without breaking her fingers. Lily shook her head, she didn’t want to sit down she wanted to get this over with before she became a public embarrassment. “I’m fine, thank you.” She said smiling again, she tried to remain cheery.
“You need this right?” She said holding the tag in her hand, though it was still connected to the dress so it didn’t go very far. It had taken her a minute to find it as she refused to look at the tag. Even when she was holding on to it she kept her eyes up looking past Luis.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Ooc: Awe zanks. X) I guess I'll have to live without unicorns in my exhibits.
?? US uses Fahrenheit to measure temp rights? What's the freezing point of water?
bic;

Draq watched Lily stay still, temporarily refusing to come over to the counter until she'd gathered herself back together. The lifeless, cold look to his eye remained as he thought to himself about it. Her reaction.
Yes, he knew better than most people ever knew about limitations to fighting off instincts. Vampires, in truth, were usually always hungry. But in a small town, he couldn't afford to kill a person once everyday. So he settled for once every two or three days, he'd given himself rules too. He didn't kill youth, if he could help it, if he came across a gun fight it would be the wounded to go, not the healthy, criminals and homeless, especially, came before regular towns folk. But the fact he hunted criminals did not make him a hero, not even close. He hunted criminals because when you ate the bad guys, the towns people didn't light your house on fire as often.
Of course in his time he'd come across girls like Lily, girls that didn't want to be touched in anyway. But he didn't look like he did for nothing, when he tried, he could mesmerize the very soul of his victims, and they'd give in to letting him do whatever, lead them to his home, engage them in conversation and get full on enthusiastic replies, and lower their capability to address their situation, to the point where they only realised what was happening after his fangs were rooted to deeply in their neck to possibly have them survive. But he'd never use such a method on Lily, because it did destroy a lot of trust, especially when it really wasn't needed. It was almost inappropriate to mesmerize her just so he could look over her dress and coax her into moving to the front counter. He guessed he just needed to get over it, and try to keep his hands off her, for the good of them both.
Luis gave a smile of relief to hear Lily confirm she was indeed alright. When she denied taking a seat he caught on to the full volume of her embarrassment and chuckled softly, leaning over to her and muttering, "Dear girl, there isn't a person in town that would have reacted differently to a vampire's touch, no matter what his intentions were. There's nothing to fret, no ones laughing at you, and I won't speak a word to anyone about anything. As Ross knows of course." He smiled to the vampire, but was given merely a stone cold glance. He was used to it. In fact, today was the first time in his life he;d seen Draq even smile the slightest, first time he'd seen Draq interact with a human like that before. A blind man could see Draq had taken favour to Lily, the lucky girl.
He let his gaze drift down to the tag as she handed it to him, he smiled and nodded to her. "Yeah that's the one I need. Stay still a moment, he pulled out a pair of scissors, and with a nimble, and swift snip, the plastic leash that tied the tag to teh dress was cut. He took the tag and put it under the scanner until a beep was heard, then took Draq's waiting money and gave exact change to the vampire.
He smiled at Lily, "Now, if you'd like, we can take you into the back and get you measured out, and you can make your very own dress and clothes."
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:57 am

((32 degress F.
Leaving today. See you sometimes =]))
“Doesn’t make acting like that in public any less embarrassing.” She said quietly. The general population would act as she did to a vampire. Vampire or not he was her boss. She saw how that normally ended up. Back exits were the places where bosses talked to their workers. The back exits in the back allies, where she was for most of the day. She’d listen in if she had nothing better to do and needed to stay awake. Conversations in the back allies generally didn’t end well for the worker. Maybe she was over reacting by thinking of it this way, but she only knew what she saw, did or heard. She supposed that she would find out when they went back to Draq’s house.
“Maybe you won’t say anything, but anyone else could while we’re in town.” Not that she really cared; it was easy to pretend not to care. She just didn’t want to draw unnecessary attention to her or Draq, but she was already doing a wonderful job at that. Great. But on the bright side she did know how grocery stores worked, so maybe it wouldn’t be so bad.
Lily’s attention was elsewhere when Luis clipped the tags. This was probably a good thing since a closed pair of scissors could be mistaken for a dagger, another thing that she would react too automatically if it was coming at her without warning. She only looked back when the tag was taken from her hand thinking that it was still attached at that she was going to move, but they weren’t. She looked confused for a moment but didn’t say anything about it.
Lily blinked at the idea of making her own clothes. That sounded complicated, but she would venture that way because Draq had mentioned it earlier. “What do I have to do?” She asked, she didn’t know how this worked or what it involved. She became visibly nervous again as her mind twisted things out of proportion. Making her think that she herself was going to make her own clothes. Those would not look good, nor would they ever.
Her anxiety heightened when something else came to mind.” You’re not going to have to touch me a lot are you?” She would snap at him just like she did with Draq. Any touch set alarms off in her head, not just a predators. She didn’t want to be difficult, or cause more problems.

Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Ooc: Oh I see. ^_^
Okays, have fun! See you in a bit!
bic;

Luis shrugged, her points were true. It wasn't any less embarrassing, but as he'd said before, him and Draq were the only witnesses, and neither of them laughed at her, or teased her for it. No one else would talk, because no one else had seen.
Luis smiled as Lily mentioned what to do when it came to making her own clothes. "It's alright, we deal with people like you everyday, people who haven't the slightest idea how to make clothes, so we set it up in steps, the type of clothes you want, sizing (which you'd only have to go threw once in a while, because we safe out recordings), colours, fabrics, and anything extra you'd want. It'll be swift, easy and maybe even fun, if clothes are your thing. Trust me, you'll be fine." He smiled, then blinked as she started worrying about being touched, and he caught on that it wasn't just Draq she didn't like.
"Oh, no not at all. Not for anything but Sizing and Fitting, and the only thing that will touch you is some measuring scales, tape and fabric sections, and you could do it yourself if your really concerned. I don't mind, it doesn't take much brain power to wrap measuring tape around your waist."
He wondered what sort of life she'd had before she'd met Draq. She'd obviously not been in the wrong end of town, she'd just gotten the short half of the stick. A girl down on her luck. But really, she seemed very antisocial, very on edge. It made him wonder of maybe she'd been involved in gangs. But he figured it wasn't his place to really ask her such a thing.
He glanced at Draq, "I'd like a pay in advance, as usual." Draq shrugged and casually dropped a fifty in his hand. With that Luis smiled, added it to the cash register, then wandered to the back door smiling to Lily and asking, "Coming? It's back this way."
Draq watched Lily, and Luis with neutral cold eyes. He was still as stone, and his only movement was when Draq asked for money and he'd given the fifty. Of course, Lily being the new toy, his attention was fixed souly on her. Because he was curious about her reactions to everything and anything. He wanted to put her in situations just to see what she liked and didn't, what she could coop with and couldn't. He shifted his weight from one foot to the next out of habit, not of need. Then muttered to Lily as Luis offered her to follow him, "I'll be here waiting for you if you need me, Lily. Make sure you're clear on what you don't want and do. Luis will make the choices easy for you." Wit that he wandered over and took a seat on the chairs Lily'd been offered earlier.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:47 pm

It wasn’t really a lot to do but it was still over whelming to Lily. It did give her more respect for people who made clothes, it was all so complicated. Interesting, but complicated. She was a bit excited that she would get to see how this was done. She’d be nervous about it, but that was true with most people who were trying new things. “Okay. I’ll give a shot.” She said uneasily.
Lily listened to him when he talked what would be touching her. “Oh.” She said looking a little relieved. “I think I can handle that.” It was things. If he had to touch her for a few seconds that she could deal with, anything else longer, well he’d already seen that. Things were things. They could only hurt her if Luis tried to make them. She would still be on edge about that but less she would be if Luis was the one poking at her.
Lily looked from Draq to Luis. She had figured that Draq was going to come with. Her anxiety heightened momentary as she thought about how much she actually trusted Luis to be alone with him, but Draq had said that he had been coming here a long time. That calmed her thoughts a bit. She walked behind the counter to the door that Luis was standing.
Lily turned when Draq spoke. She nodded. “Okay. I’ll try.” She said with uncertainty. She wasn’t very good at saying no when it came to people trying to help her, but she didn’t need much so maybe she would do better. Maybe. Maybe she wouldn’t, she would find out soon enough. Lily watched Draq walk over to the chairs that she had been offered. She wanted to know where he was and then turned back to face Luis.
Lily waited for Luis to allow her in to the back room. She didn’t know what to expect. She assumed that by how it was in the first half of the store that it would be large in the back of the store, with clothes and cloth..rolls? Did cloth come on rolls or was it just folded? She also figured that there would have to be something to sew with. She’d seen sewing machines so maybe one of those. Other than that she couldn’t think of what else he would need to make clothes.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Luis smiled welcomingly as Lily came over, she looked shy, but that was what he'd picked up from her a while now. She was a shy girl, afraid of making a scene of herself. Modest for a bit fo a better word. He was sure she'd manage just fine, however, when it came to the clothes department, she wasn't as different as she thought. Many, many people had stood in the same spot, with the same nervous look of uncertianty as her, the same worry of looking stupid. But there was no harm in not knowing, that was how you learned afterall.
He glanced at Drake, who waas watching Lily, hunched over in the chair, cold green eyes peeking out from beneath his sunglasses. Luis gave him a smile, "I'll take good care of her Ross. Don't you worry." He'd known Draq to long to be fooled by any emotionless expressions, he read the vampire's eyes like an open book.
"You're a very lucky girl Lily," he muttered to her softly, "Drake likes you, and the more they like you, the less chance they eat you. Loads of people try for vampire's favour, but it's really not something you can work towards. It just happens..." He shrugged and pushed the dooropen for her. "Ladies first," he muttered happily.
The back fo the store was a mess, every table, every chair, every surface entirely, was covered in cloth rolls, in threads, needles, measering tapes and every other thing required to make clothes. Further off in the back you could hear Tom working on some clothes with the noisy ching of the sowing machine they owned. Obviously he was working on an order, or more shelf clothes.
"Tommas!" Luis called his son, who poked his head out of the room. "I'm going to help Lily, go man the front counter, or put out the bell for customers, or something."
Tom nodded, grabbed a small silver chashier's bell, and a door's bell and wandered out of into the front of the store, setting the first on the counter, and hooking the secodn up to the main front door, then running back to continue working on what he'd previously been doing.
Luis smiled to Lily, "Sorry for the mess. I've been to busy to realy clean up.... first things first. He walked her over to a wall, which had a planned schedual for exactly the task they were doing right now.
"Drake told me to let you decide what you want Lily, so I'm going to let you pick everythingout on your own." He reached over and pulled a list from the pocket that said: 1. The list consisted of basic clothing parts. Pants, Shirts, Dress, Socks, etc...
"We could make you a whole outfit if you wanted Lily, just tell me which ones on the list you'd like."
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:23 am

Lily smiled at Luis’s comment. She hadn’t tried that was true, but it was either, follow Draq and die then if he did intend to eat her or die of a, probable, and most likely slower and more painful death. It was a better deal to go with Draq then to stay where she was; it just benefited her more than she thought it was going to. Lily didn’t really know how to answer back to what Luis said. Anything that she thought of made her sound, stupid, ungrateful or full of herself. None of which she wanted to be. “I am grateful for what he has done for me.” Lily said finally settling on a phase.
Lily nodded and thanked Luis for holding the door open for her. The back of the store was kind of what she imagined, messier, but she shouldn’t have expected it to be clean. They were busy people and didn’t have the time to clean.’ So much work so little time.’ That must be a frequent phrase around here. Or at least by the looks of it. Lily stood just off to the side of the door so that she could look around without being in anyone’s way. “Wow.” She breathed, not bothered by the mess. She glanced around, turning her head when Tom walked by only because Luis had mentioned a putting a bell out. She wanted to see what he was talking about. She didn’t catch it.
Lily looked back at Luis when he spoke. “I don’t mind really I don’t.” She smiled. She’d seen bigger messes. The rooms in Draq’s house for instance. Hell, just yesterday she was classified as being a mess. Lily watched him as he walked over to the wall. She was glad that he at least had list of things. She would forget something if she had to think of it off the spot. She was nervous that she was going to have to pick everything out by herself though, that might get frustrating.
Lily took the list from Luis and looked it over; she needed most of the things in the list. “Um..” She raised the list to eye level so she could talk to the paper and not to his face when she mentioned that she needed underwear. She flushed a light pink, but moved on to say that she needed pants, shirts, a sweater, shorts and a coat.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Luis smiled as Lily seemed to not know how to rely to his vampire comment, then finally she did come up with a good answer. "As am I," he muttered, though their situations were different Draq's wallet assured him and his business a steady income, and he was sure they wouldn't be doing as well as they did if Draq didn't come here. Though there was a doubt edged blade to his service, you had less customers if you did business with vampires. People got growly at you, said you were kissing up, dishonorable o the human race, etc... problem was, when you had a customer shopping here since before you were born, you try telling him his business was no longer tolerated.
He was glad Lily wasn't bothered by the mess as some people were, but he figured it was great after being on the streets your whole life, then locked in a vampire's house. He'd seen it on the streets, it wasn't somewhere he'd ever like to stay, and in fact, in this town, Draq's house stood out like a donkey in a chicken house.
Luis watched curiously as Lily hid under the paper to say underwear. He couldn't suppress a chuckle at her modesty, then on his own list wrote down everything she asked for, waiting until she'd finished before he asked about the undergarments. They had pre-made regular underwear, usually it was only couples that wanted them custom made. Once she finished he smiled to her, "You want your undergarments custom made? Or do you just want to buy a package of pre-made ones? If you don't have much clothes, it may be better to do that, grab a couple packages of socks, undies and other things. You want to do that first? Then work on the custom clothes after? They're all over there," he pointed to the opposite wall were shelves hung packages of things, underwear, bras, undershirts, socks things like that. He figured unless she wanted something fancy, it was better for her to pick from their plain under-clothing selections.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:49 am

Luis’s chuckle made Lily turn a brighter pink. She remained behind the paper as he talked about custom made underwear. “No, no. I don’t want.. I just want normal ones.” Lily brought the paper down so that she could see where Luis was pointing. She scrunched up her face at the thought of wearing socks. The thought of wearing anything over her feet just made her feel uncomfortable. Even thinking about it made her shutter. She did wear shoes out of Draq’s house because stores were not happy when you walked in without them. No shoes. No shirt. No service. Was the rule. She hated that rule because she hated shoes and anything like it. Which made sense since she never wore shoes. Cut her feet open more that once because of it, but they were so scared and calloused that it didn’t bother her anymore.
“That works.” She said quietly obviously still embarrassed. She walked towards the wall that Luis pointed at. She stood in front of the wall looking. Her pattern still the same. She looked and barely touched anything. She pulled enough undergarments off the wall to cover a week. She figured that that would be what Draq would want, a week worth of clothes, so that was what she was going to do. She would be the one doing the laundry, but she didn’t want to know what he would say if she scathed by on clothes. Lily stuck to solid colored underwear not wanting anything flashy. No patterns or pictures, strait solid color. Most of them the darker shades.
“Okay.” Lily said walking a back to Luis with what she had picked out. “What now?” She asked quietly, still a light shade of pink. She kept everything in her arms as she was unsure as to where Luis would want her to set her things. She didn’t know what he was going to need or what space. So she waited for direction on where to place her things.
Lily did wonder if because Draq shopped here that other people would not, but she’d gathered from being around them both at the same time that something had happened. Something that made Luis uncomfortable around Draq, more than other people had. She gathered should not ask about it for the better of the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:09 am

Luis watched her patiently, grabbing a bag for her while he waited. If only all his customers could be clothless street kids with endless wallets. It was really very exciting for him. He noticed briefly that she didn't really look at socks, and wondered curiously why not, she was wearing shoes right now, why no socks? He figured it wasn't his business to linger in.
He watched as she returned, he handed her the bag and muttered, "For all your stuff Miss Lily." He observed her skin's new-found shade and smiled lightly, but grimly his thoughts traveled to curious thoughts on how Draq would react to a girl blushing. It was blood rushing to the face after all. His smile almost faded as he thought about it. He decided just to drop it, he didn't want to know. Draq's business was something he'd never want to get mingled in beyond his clothes and wallet. He started to cough lightly again, pounding lightly on his chest before clearing his throat and swallowing to make sure he was okay. Then at Lily's question of what to do next, he looked over the list.
"Well, you've got your basic undergarments now, so that's a check. Umm...Let's get the basics first. so we'll do the sweaters and coat last, okay? We could do pants or shirts next if you want. You decide, could you give me a basic number of how many of each thing you want? If you don't have any clothes yet, it may be best to have enough to at least over a week. But before we get to started I'd like to know how many of each clothing you'd need." He continued to look cheery and friendly in every way, trying to gain her trust and favour for the benefit of a good tip. He found himself wondering quietly what it was like in Draq's home, and if she was at all nervous about working there with something that could very easily just decide one day to end her life. Then again, it was the same for him too, for everyone, they just didn't spend as much time around it as Lily would be. He couldn't help but ask, he was curious.
"Are you nervous about your new job Lily? I mean, I'm sure cleaning's not really something to be nervous about but...with the vampire around and all, in the big spooky old house, are you doubting working there or anything?"
Even if Lily had asked about the incident with Draq, he doubted he could talk about it with a straight face, he'd probably break down, and he didn't want to do that in front of a customer, or in front of his son. He started to wonder how Lily would react when the weight of her deal came down on her, and she was forced to work for something that killed living people in her work space, maybe, if she was unlucky, right in front of her, like with him. He doubted any human with a heart could live with Draq after going through that. But then again, maybe he was just too soft.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:46 pm

“Oh, okay.” Lily said quietly taking bag. She flicked it outward using the air to separate the edges from each other. Once she got it open she put her undergarments into the bag. She noticed how fast Luis’ face changed, he was laughing at her modesty and then he was grim. She didn’t say anything not wanting to pry into his mind. She held on to the bag not setting it down on the floor. “Are you alright Sir?” She asked when Luis had finished coughing.
“Pants I suppose.” She thought for a minute on how many she would need. “Two pairs of shorts two pairs of pants.” She said, she was used to rewearing clothes; it didn’t make a difference to her. “4 t-shirts and one sweater.” She looked down as she said these things. Obviously feeling bad about it, but she didn’t want to make Draq angry when she walked out with one set of clothes.
Lily looked up when Luis asked about working for Draq. She was a little shocked, she’d picked up that he would rather have nothing to do with him. She stalled on the question unsure of how she wanted to answer him. She’d lived on the streets it wasn’t uncommon for fights to break out. People died---often, for various reasons. She wasn’t going to bring up dead bodies unless he did. “It’s either there on the streets. Either way he could kill me, just as anyone else could. It’s a choice of what would hurt less.” She had a higher change of being murdered that Luis did, he could hide behind locked doors and windows, but what did she have? Weapons, nothing more. She could just as easily starve, or get sick. She looked death in the face every day. It was obvious by her comment that her view of death was skewed; warped from her lifestyle.
Lily couldn’t help but wonder what Luis’ view was. Her social interactions were limited to people who had the same life style and the same view points. To her, her view point was normal and that of any human, even though it really wasn’t. “Does he make you nervous?” She didn’t ask for a why, leaving it to him to decide whether or not he wanted to say why. If he didn’t she would settle for whatever he said, she really only wanted a view point.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Luis nodded as Lily asked if he was alright, he was used to both the coughing, and the following questions by new customers, though he never gave the reason why he coughed, merely telling them it was because he'd gotten in an accident at a younger age. That was the truth, but it was not the full truth. Unfortunately it was all he was comfortable giving, talking about the actual incident was hard on him, and it could affect his business, not that Lily was a concern when she was living with the vampire.
He marked down each number as given to him. He didn't comment on the lack of numbers for not wanting to sound like he was trying to push her for money. If she was comfortable with a small number of clothes, so be it. At her age, he'd see her again, especially when she wasn't done growing.
Luis waited for Lily's answer to his question patiently, though he did wonder if maybe he'd stuck at something a bit personal for her. He'd guessed that living on the streets hadn't done much for her social skills, and her trust in friendly conversation. He didn't want to push her into uncomfortable territory, especially over this topic. He knew better than anyone about being nervous when it came to vampires. But she did reply, and her answer was both understandable and reasonable. A life on the streets was worse than a life with a vampire, where you were offered shelter, food, clothes, and whatever else you needed to survive. Lily had given off the vibe of being a tough cookie due to her answer, but who could blame her?
The street life was foreign to Luis, he'd grown up in an average, well-off lifestyle like his father before him. He'd never known a life like Lily's, he'd heard rumors sure, and you saw them on the streets rummaging through trash cans occasionally, but nothing he'd ever experienced himself. Nothing he ever wanted to experience either. Seeing danger from a distance was good enough for him.
Luis's expression became surprised at Lily's comment, though he'd guessed he should have expected it. He frowned, shrugged and muttered, "I suppose, yes. He makes me nervous, like he makes everyone nervous. Me especially I guess. Why? Doesn't he make you nervous too?" It was an un-understandable idea that a human could be relaxed with a vampire around in his mind. It seemed dis-wiring, like swimming beside a hungry shark with no caution. He sighed,shook his head and muttered, "Can you give me your general preferred length for your shorts? Just show me with your hand, then we'll get to measuring you, okay?"
He glanced at the clock momentarily, wondering if they were taking too long, not that he minded, he was just worried Drake might. The vampire didn't seem to be at his best in terms of how much he'd been eating, and though he didn't want to be rude, he didn't want hungry vampires in his store. Draq knew that too, he'd just come anyways because of Lily.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Lily noticed Luis’ surprised expression. She hoped that she hadn’t gone off into territory that she shouldn’t have, but he did give an answer and that suggested that she hadn’t, or that she hadn’t gone far enough into forbidden territory. She’d expected him to return the question, and her answer was again skewed. “Not any more than you do.” In her mind she was always bleeding in shark infested water. Anyone could do her in, race wasn’t a factor. Maybe Draq made her less nervous. Even she didn’t want to die despite what her life style was. More because all of the ways that could think of would hurt a lot, that was what she was afraid of. She had always figured that a vampire attack would be quick, or quick enough, better than taking a bullet. Lily wasn’t sure if her answer even seemed justified to Luis. She would find out depending on his reaction to her answer.
Luis had answered the complete opposite of what she had. That made her realize of far out of place she was when she was here. She became uneasy again. Maybe she should have just stuck to buying premade clothes. She shuttered like she was cold showing the extent of how uneasy she had become. Lily smiled softly trying to lighten her mood and the atmosphere. “I’m sorry.” She apologized. “Everything is just so…” She stopped, unable to think of a word that fit what she wanted to explain. “ Strange.” She finished, though even that didn’t fit.
She had only trusted Luis so quickly because Draq had known him so long, but that obviously wasn’t enough for her to trust him fully. Then again there was also no such thing as trusting someone fully either. Loyalties changed all the time. Someone could be your friend and then be out to get you the next for the chance of a cash reward or some other kind of reward.
Lily nodded when he asked about short length. She would wear anything but she did still have a preference to what she liked to wear and what she didn’t. Lily leant over and pointed to just below her knees. “Around there.” She said. Lily held her hand there for a few seconds not knowing if Luis was going to have to write anything down. She stood back up when she thought that Luis had seen what he needed too.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Lily's answer did not end teh conversation, in fact, in almost, in a way, fascinated Luis. He'd never in his life had someone say they were afraid of him, being the mid-height man with big, round innocent eyes and mild temperament, no one was really ever nervous around him. To be compared with a vampire, and come in as equal, was alien to him. He stared at Lily a moment, then curiously asked her, "You find me a caution? Me?" He could help but smile a bit, as if he were pleased to think that he could be menacing in some way, even if it was only to street people constantly stuck in survival overdrive mode.
He watched her puzzle and apologise again, then shook his head, "Not at all Lily, nothing to apologise for, honestly. You're not the first to feel and act this way, and you won't be the last. I promise you that." He pulled out a roll of measuring tape as soon as Lily lay her hand at the spot.
"Pardon my reach," he muttered, walking to the side of her and slipping the metal tip of the tap in Lily's hand, he drew up the roll to her waist, swiftly recording the measure and nodding in satisfaction. "Good. Now Lily, you aren't religious in any way? Not allergic to any fabrics or materials?" He waited patiently for her answer, holding the paper and pen in hand as he did.
Luis glanced at teh door to the main section of the store where Draq was, then let his gaze shift back to Lily, "Listen Lily, you're a sweet girl, and I'd hate for anything tragic to happen to you, so, if you ever need somewhere to go, or someone to talk to, I'd gladly do so. I know I'm old, but trust me, I've had my fair share of vampire phenomenon." He smiled gently to her, then glanced over as he heard the bell go off. His son didn't need to be called before he'd rushed out into the main section to aid whoever had rung. There was calm, and Luis once again waited for Lily, but it lasted no more than the time taken for Lily to reply before Tommas had come back in calling for his father, flushed redder than a freshly cut beat.
"I think you better deal with it," he squeaked, obviously intimidated by something. Luis looked extremely disapproving, "I'm with a client, what is it?" He watched his son swallow, and peek out the door, still not letting Luis have his view. Luis looked over at Lily and sighed, "I'm so sorry, my son's new." He wandered to the door, pushed his son aside and opened it wide, but his own eyes bulged at the sight. Drake was were they'd left him, in the chair, but now, there was also a girl in his lap, the bell was ringing because Draq was gripping the counter desk right beside it, and the two of them where locked together in deep kissing as if they'd been a couple for years. The girl was pretty, fair white skin, blond hair, blue eyes, short shorts and a tank top. She seemed more than content to be locked in such an activity with someone she'd just met ten seconds ago. Luis knew exactly what was going on, and he found himself both repulsed and infuriated Ross would bring activity like that in his store willingly. He found himself glancing back at Lily, knowing this was her first time seeing this, wanting her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:54 pm

“Well yes.” Lily said quietly, “You could kill me too. I would have never come back here.. but Draq trusts you enough.” Lily said still looking down at the floor. Lily laughed quietly, “Either way I’ll still feel bad for everything. As normal.” Lily shook her head when Luis excused his reach. “No, don’t worry about it.” She laughed softly, “you’ll know when to worry about it.”
“Religious? Me? Don’t make me laugh.” Lily said. She did lie often enough by going in to churches, but it was good shelter, and you’d rarely get kicked out, at least if you looked like you were doing something with the big guy upstairs. Lily thought for a minute thinking if she’d ever had a reaction to something. “No. Not that I can remember. So, I guess we’ll find out.” She laughed softly, shifting her weight needing to find a different way to stand. She sighed in an annoyed fashion, “Can I take my shoes off?” She asked. It probably sounded odd to ask but she would be much happier if she didn’t have to wear them at all.
“Thanks for the offer but…” Lily stopped when the bell rang, she looked up, not that she expected to see anything. She looked back to Luis about to continue when Tommas came back, flushed red--- dark red. She raised her eyebrows unsure of what was going on, but by the looks of it a good guess would be that someone had just run into the store naked. Lily watched Luis move to the door. She was curious as to what was going on.
Lily shifted so she could see through the open door. Shock spread across her face, that was not what she had expected. She raised her eyebrows unsure of what exactly was going on. She tried not to laugh, but it was funny to see Draq lip locked with someone, she assumed that it was stranger, but how was she to know? But what made her want to laugh was that, even though she only knew Draq for less than a day she had picked up on Draq’s antisocial nature, and too see him in such a social activity was funny. Lily covered her mouth to stifle a chuckle figuring it wasn’t appropriate for her to be laughing at such a situation especially since it was in a public place. Lily then turned and faced away from the door, feeling like she was invading the two’s privacy. That was also funny that she felt that way since they were in a public place, privacy wasn’t an option.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Luis had recorded the information she'd given him, he'd marked don not religious as N/A in the allergies section of his paper. He still found it strange that Lily would give caution in him, but her point was a good one, though a bit of a darker, hardened view on life. The whole, everyone and anyone was out to get you deal. But he knew he couldn't blame her for that, after all, what had she to compare it too? The two of them, it seemed were on opposite sides of the street.
Opposite sides of the street wasn't even in the list for comparable to what was happening in front of him now however, try opposite sides of the world when it came to vampires and him. He couldn't believe it, he really couldn't. He could hear Lily stifling a giggle, and he wondered what was so funny, she obviously had no idea what was really going on. But Luis knew better, far better.
"Ross!" He smacked his hands together loudly as if he were scolding a dog. It was only after the sound echoed in the empty room, and Draq shuddered from the noise did his attention focus on Luis. A hard, stone cold gaze, the one that told you quite clearly to piss off. But Luis paid no mind to it, he gave Lily a hard look that told her she shouldn't be finding this funny, a big enough hint he figured to tell her what was really happening. The girl was a stranger, there was no question, it was just a matter of who's fault was who's, and he had his bet on Draq.
He crossed his arms and muttered, "Ross, I thought we had a deal you wouldn't be doing any of this on my property ever again?"
"Oh lighten up gramps," The blond haired girl muttered with a smile, oblivious to Draq bluntly staring at her jugular with a hungry smile. He kissed her neck, and the girl looked over at him and lifted his face to his her instead.
Lusi frowned, "Miss? Do you know what you're getting involved in?" He knew by this point Draq wasn't interested in any questions, he follow that poor girl around until she wandered somewhere solitary, and that would be the end of it.
The girl giggled at his comment, "I found myself a hot guy, so what? You don't honestly believe that vampire crap do you? That stuffs for the gullible. The guy just has a big fancy old house and a wad of big numbered bills. That doesn't make him a vampire does it?" She ignored the way Luis shook his head sadly to her.
"I'd like it if you left," he grumbled to her. "Both of you. Out. Now."
The girl stuck her tongue out and took Draq's hand, giving him light playful pushes away whenever he fell behind her, grabbed a shoulder, and started to kiss and nip at her neck. Luis sighed softly, gave Tommas a shove that clearly said: "back to work" then he looked at Lily and muttered, "So you have a couple choices now. You can stay with us, we can finish making you clothes, and wait for Ross to pick you up, or you can follow him and his dinner around." He sighed softly and waited for her answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lunch [1x1]
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying :: 1x1-
Jump to: