Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Lunch [1x1]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ama
Verifier
Ama

Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:38 pm

((Thanks, I’ll need it. Both my dad and my sister were out for a week, but then again my sister did also have an allergic reaction to Codeine.[no opium for her lol] I hope I don’t end up the same way DX))
Lily stopped in place when Draq stopped playing, not that she was trying to hide that she was there. She knew that his hearing was off the charts. She turned around when she heard Draq’s voice behind her. Who was she to think that he wouldn’t notice that she wasn’t wearing shoes? She looked down at her feet wiggling her toes. “I don’t like shoes.” She mumbled.
She laughed quietly and looked at her arm, “I don’t mean to do it all the time, It is a temporary method.” The pen marks on her arm did look ridiculous, not to mention mess. She’d had to cross things off when she backtracked. She should have just brought paper. “It’ll come off, with all the cleaning there has to be done.” She paused almost dramatically, “If not I guess I’ll be dying.”
She looked back up when she was asked why she was over here. She opened her mouth to lie but then he asked if she liked it. He knew why she was over here there was no point in her lying. She nodded quickly. “I did, Sir Draq.” She said smiling. “It was pretty. It was good that it was a long song. I wouldn’t have found you if you had to keep stopping to switch songs.” She knew that no human could play that long without getting tired. “Do vampires have their own music store?” She questioned. It probably sounded like a stupid question to him, but she didn’t know if vampires had good relations with others or if they kept away from others.
She walked into the room, stopping dead in the door frame. “You play all of these?” she gawked. He did have a long time to learn them. That was still a lot to remember, or she thought that it was, but she also didn’t know how to play any of them at all. “Wow.” She said still not moving, she just looked. She wasn’t going to admit that she wanted to learn how to play something too.
A wave of confusion washed over her. “What’s that one?” She asked pointing to the Piano. She’d only seen the instruments that street players had. Guitars, Clarinets, Flutes, Saxophones, ones that could be easily transported. She’d never seen an instrument so large, or with so many keys. It confused her and intrigued her.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:36 pm

Ooc: I dear. I'm sure you'll be okay Ama. Best of luck, tell me how it goes. ^_^
bic;

Draq shook his head at the answers she'd given him for her appearance. So no shoes for Lily, and make sure she had paper, if not paper, then no pen. He didn't want his cleaning lady dying of ink poisoning, he also wasn't sure he liked her ready attitude to dying. It wasn't an incredibly pleasant thing. He should know, he'd have to go through it twice. There was no such thing as total immortality. everything had to die, one way or the other. As a vampire, he could dodge natural causes, to die, he'd either have to commit suicide, or be murdered, it was that simple. You could only cheat father time for so long.
He smiled at her comment on his playing, though he wasn't sure why her praise lit him up so. Maybe he was just too socially deprived. Probably, sounded about right anyway. His smile spread to a more noticeable size however, when she mentioned music stores. "Well," he muttered, "A vampire could very well open a music store. But it would be accessible to humans only. Vampires get defensive of their land. That's why there's only a couple to an area, unless you have a coven, which is a group of social vampires that decide to stay together. But to answer you're question, no. Vampires don't open music stores for other vampires."
He found the fact she'd ask something like that amusing. There were no bad questions, it was just an odd thought. A vampire's music store. It would be complex, because you couldn't simply open a store, you'd need to make sure the town would except a vampire. In other words make sure the town wasn't superstitious. Then you'd have to make sure you had music that mortals actually could play. It seemed far to complicated for it's own good. Vampires honestly, were lazy. If it didn't come easy, it wouldn't happen. At least, he was like that. He'd tried singing once, just once. He'd found it to be too much work than it was worth, and left it. He needed to see instant improvement to be interested.
His jaw dropped as she asked him what a Piano was. "What's that one?" he repeated, wandering over to her. "Lily, have you never seen a Piano before? They're a very old instrument, you play them just like an Organ, or a Keyboard. You've at least seen Keyboards right? They acme after Pianos and Organs." He pointed to teh larger instrument in the corner, "That's an organ. It produces a more sinister sound than the Piano. Here..."
He put a hand on her shoulder, forcing her to sit down on the Piano's bench, "It's a very simple instrument. Just press the keys." He pushed his finger down on the lowest E key, then let his finger slid up to the highest note.
He smiled, sitting down beside her and asking, "Do you know how to play any instruments Lily?" He started playing a classic Piano piece by Beethoven, which happened to be sitting on the music rest on the Piano. It was a rather slow song in his opinion, but it was nice nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkvampirelord.webs.com/
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:57 pm

((It went quite well. It took less than and hour which I’m assuming is a good thing because my dentist was excited about that. They used enough Novocain so I didn’t have to tell them to stop which is always a good thing. I was shaking pretty bad by the time that they started giving me my second round of Novocain though. And then I started to cry after that set was over because they didn’t mention that my jaw could lock up from them poking a needle into the muscle. So I freaked out. Jeez you’re getting a story out of this. X] And they were done, and they put the chair up, and I almost passed out. Why? I don’t know since they only gave me Novocain. Though I suppose it was kinda funny because my dentist came back and was like “You’re really pale. Do you feel alright?” To which I said. “I’m hot.” ;P After that was all good I felt fine. I still do. I actually skipped the severe pain medication because I don’t need it. So I’m on Codeine and Ibuprofen, which I only take every six hours. So it really just turned into a ‘Wait… I was freaking out over that?’ situation. =D
Though I’m not liking this soft foods thing. I’m so hungry DX and pudding doesn’t tie you over for very long DX ))
“So you wrote that song? Wow. That makes it even better.” She noticed that Draq was smiling again, she couldn’t help smiling back, vampire charm, maybe, or she just felt like it. “Did it take you a long time to write that?” It was long, but she didn’t know how long it took to compose music or how hard it was. She only heard the end product not the effort it took to get there.
“So vampires fight over feeding grounds then.” She pondered that for a moment. “You must be sneaky about it, I never hear about that.” But then again why would she have? She never heard of vampire attacks, rumors of them, but the police never came across evidence, or rarely. When they did it was pawned off as a freak accident or an animal attack. “Are large cities common places to be fought over?” She would think that it would work that way, there was more people and with a higher crime rate they could probably get away with more.
Lily looked down at the floor. His reaction had made her feel stupid that she didn’t know what one was. “No Sir Draq I haven’t ever seen any of those.” She followed his finger over to his organ and shook her head, still not recognizing it.
Lily sat down on the piano bench and looked at the sleek black and white keys. She watched as Draq played on the piano. Odd. “I’ve heard this before.” She said her eyebrows furrowing. She didn’t know how but she had heard not only the song but the sound that a piano made, but she hadn’t recognized the piano its self.
Lily crossed her hands in her lap, she was still confused but she answered Draq’s question. “No, I never learned how to play anything.” She said watching Draq’s fingers move across the keys. “I used to watch people play a lot. It’s fun to see.” She said before she fell silent so that she could listen to him play. She looked at the sheet music on the piano stand. She flipped to the next page, though she didn’t really know how she knew that he needed the next page.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:49 pm

ooc: Wow, lol. That's quite the horror story... D= I remember when I had my mouth operation done, they had to pull six teeth that hadn't even surfaced yet. So they just put me to sleep. Problem is, that uses needles, and I'm a needle phob. I cried my eyes out, though the needle itself is never that bad. Then I woke up, it was done, and I have to eat liquid food. Came in a soda can. Yum yum. I loved it actually, it was all vanillaie and yummy and smooth. Like a warm milkshake.
btw; I'm supposed to recruit literate rp members to this newly created site: Souls of Dawn
bic;

"The Violin song?" Roscuro asked curiously, "Oh yeah, it took days of concentration to write. It's a lot harder to write music than to play it, in some cases anyway. This songs about equal with difficulty to play and to create."
He listened to her guess on vampiric fights, which was really a touchy matter. He could talk all day about the things that caused vampires to fight. Basically, it took two to tango. You only needed two vampires, one space, and they could fight over anything just because they wanted too, or didn't like the other, or their personality, whatever. Vampires were ten times mere anti-social amongst themselves than to humans. He shook his head at the sneaky comment, "Well, we tend to stay out of each others way period. If there is a fight, the dominant vampire, being the older one, will usually warn the other in numerous ways, verbally, expressions, threats, displays. If nothing deters than depending on the argument, you could have a battle to the death go underway. Those are usually the ones that the police find, because they are extremely messy, loud, and vicious." He paused at the city comment and smiled, "Actually, the more human populated the area, the more tolerant vampires are of each other. They have to be for the sake of their prey. Strength in numbers, Lily. A vampire is strong, but one couldn't defeat an army. The less amount of attention we draw to ourselves, the better. More food that way."
He was in awe at the fact that Lily had never seen a Piano. He figured he couldn't blame her though, or be to hard on her. He had found her in the slummier parts of town, she'd probably never know a proper home. That was most likely why she'd been so eager to follow him, because he offered her not only a job, but a roof over her head and food as well. He had enough money for her to buy whatever she needed or desired.
He shrugged as she gave way to tell him she at least knew what a Piano sounded like. "You would know this song. It's a very famous song by Beethoven. You know, the deaf guy who played instruments?" He gave her another light smile.
As said before, he favoured her. He liked Lily, and he wondered vaguely what she thought of him; the creepy murderous vampire that she cleaned up after. He hoped she did like him, because it did take a certain amount of trust to adopt a servant. You had to be sure they wouldn't take advantage of you when you slept, or entered other vulnerable states as he would throughout her life time. For all he knew, he may get in a fight with another vampire, he may need her help. It took trust to ask for it, because in a weakened state he could easily be taken advantage of.
He blinked when Lily told him she couldn't play any instruments, but he wasn't surprised, she'd never been given an opportunity to know how to play. Heck she'd probably never even touched an instrument in her life.
"Did you want to play one?" he asked her calmly. "I don't mind. Pick anyone you like, I can teach you to play any instrument in the room. If you want to learn." He didn't mind teaching her during her break hours, she'd get free time, he was in no hurry to have the house spotless, it was up to her how she wanted to spend her free time.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:27 pm

((o.o Owie. I’m thinking yours was a whole lot worse than mine.
I suppose How I told it made it would horrible. It really wasn’t too bad. Or I didn’t think so.
I took a look at that site a few days ago. I think I should stick with just one RP for now. =]))

Lily looked surprised when Draq that it only took days, instead of weeks-- or months. But then again, she was also dealing with a vampire. They needed entertainment too, probably a whole lot more of it too, after living for so long, they must of run out of things to do eventually.
Lily listened as he explained vampire fights, or the parts that she would want to hear about without becoming bored or grossed out. She commented when he finished talking about the city. “Really?” She asked, “I would think that since there was more food around in larger cities that more vampires would want to live in that area. But I suppose that more vampires could be housed in that area before anyone would start to get suspicious.” By the time she’d finished her comment she’d figured out why they would be more tolerant. If they fought too much people would get suspicious and crime rates would spike. Their food would leave and then they would too. She thought of something else. “Since I just kind of jumped into your world should I know anything else?” She only knew about vampires because of words that circled the streets what was actually true she didn’t know.
“Beethoven.” She tested the name to see if that would ring a bell. She then shook her head again, and then stopped when he said that he was deaf. “Oh, him.” She said, “Yeah I know him. He was German. I guess I’d forgotten his name.” She laughed quietly and ran her and through her black hair exposing a pale scar momentarily.
“You—You’d teach me?” She asked stunned that he’d offered to do something that would take so long to do. She looked around the room, still amazed as to how many instruments he had. “I don’t know what one I would pick.” She admitted. “Can I think about it?” How strange it was to be asked if she wanted learn how to play something. She then laughed, “Are you sure you’ll be able to take beginner’s play?” It’d had to sound terrible when you first start, and with his ears it must sound ten times worse, than what she would be hearing.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Ooc: It was just some adult teeth, not my wisdoms. I heard those were really bad. My biggest issue was the stitches, they bugged me to no end. D=
bic;

"Yes really, "Draq muttered back to her as she seemed to not understand the city thing. Vampires only fought over scarcely populated areas, and for that very reason. They needed the people in the area to survive. In a city food was so plentiful that a vampire's territory could shrink to the very limits of it's apartment room. H nodded to her thoughts on cities. "You're right, there could be hundreds of vampires to a city, depending on the size. We still tend to glare at one another though, if we do walk past each other, it's a way hunters can find out who's a vampire and who's not as well." Hunters, now there was an interesting topic, or cannibalistic vampires, nasty, crazed things that they were. Usually sick in the mind, sick physically too. After all, vampire blood was just pre-used human blood. It wasn't much in the way of nutrition for Cannibals. He blinked when she asked about any important information. He frowned the muttered, "I suppose you know what I eat? Where I get it from?" He prodded at her arm a second, over a vein she probably didn't see, but he could sense. "If you happen to get hurt on the job, no matter how minuscule the cut, if there's blood flowing, I want you to get as far from me as you can in the house, lock doors behind you, maybe even hide, depending on how recently I've fed. Vampires are entirely different creatures when we smell fresh blood. I won't be there anymore, I won't have mercy, I won't be able to help you for the most part other then try evacuating the house... Not to scare you, just to warn you." He patted her head gently and thought a moment, "Anything else? Well, there's one other thing, but I doubt you'll ever need the knowledge. But I suppose it's better I tell you when I can. If I ever happen to be...disposed of. Burned up, reduced to a pile of ashes...whatever. Try to preserve them, protect them from the wind, take them inside if you can, but don't scatter them. I'll come back within a year or so if you leave me be, give my ashes a couple drops of blood a day. I'll come right back. Alright? That's about it."
He smiled lightly as she said she knew Beethoven, good, at least she knew one of the most famous musicians ever. Though he smiled widened even more at her reaction to his offering to teach her to play something.
"Sure, I wouldn't mind. I have nothing better to do with my life honestly....yeah you can think about it. Think about it as long as you want, I'm not going anywhere any time soon." He listened to her doubt her ability to learn, and his ability to teach.
"Well," he muttered with a shrug, "You want the truth? I probably won't. I'll probably make you practice until it isn't horrible anymore. Practice makes perfect, and we have all the time in the world to make you perfect at an instrument." He smiled again lightly, then glanced at the grandfather clock as it ran out. 6:30 am. He almost instantly yawned, shook his head to clear it, and muttered, "I won't last to much longer, is there anything else you wanted? Needed before I pass out for the day?"
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:55 pm

((I heard they were bad too but, it’s been three days and I only take Ibuprofen when I wake up and when I go to bed now. I took the stronger pain meds once because the dentist told me to when I got home even though I didn’t hurt (probably the mass amounts of Novocain.) and then was on the moderate pain stuff for a day and a half. So I wouldn’t say it was bad.
I hate the stitches, >> But I suppose that’s better than bleeding everywhere. That just tastes nasty.
Also I'm going on a weekend family trip to see a baseball game. I should have internet Friday and Saturday so I'll try to post but I don't know what my parents want to do. I'll be back Monday night.))
Lily looked down at her arm when Draq poked at it. She knew what he meant but she couldn’t see a vein, then again she wasn’t a vampire either. “Well yes, from me.. or people like me. I mean you could get blood from me..” She stopped. Why was she rambling about that? He knew his food source and so did he, it was probably better not to bring that up. “I’ll just always be on the safe side and lock doors and hide.” That sounded like a better way to go, though she didn’t know how that was going to help. He could smell her, how was hiding going to help? She wasn’t going to ask. “Then again the more safe side is to just not bleed.” What did she bring that back up for?
Lily frowned as another thought passed through her mind. He was probably going to pick up one of her friends eventually. They were all from the slums and she supposed that vampires preferred the ones that people wouldn’t think anything of if they disappeared. That was an unpleasant thought. She shook her head as if trying to shake the thought from her head.
She looked at him when he mentioned being burned. “That is a good thing to know. I wouldn’t have guessed. I always assumed that once a vampire was gone they were gone. But I’ll remember that. I should probably write it down somewhere too.” She said. “What if you don’t end up that way?” She paused. “Actually, that’s a dumb question. Leave you be, you’re just faking it? Or something like that?”
Draq’s yawn passed on to her, though she wasn’t exactly tired. Due to life style she was used to staying up for a few days in a row, before she crashed for several hours. “Umm, well do you have anything that I should be looking out for, enemies or something? I’m mean, if they’re vampires I won’t see them coming, I’m sure, but I can try?” She said. “Other than that? No, I can’t think of anything. Though I’ll admit that I didn’t know you had to sleep.”
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 am

Ooc: Ah, the wonderous effects of pain killers, where would we be without them? Or do I even want to ponder that? Scarey. ^_^
Okays, post when you can. Have fun with your family!
Bic;

Draq watched her with his head tilted curiously as she started rambling on about her blood and his availability to it. It wasn't exactly a very friendly topic, or a very smart one to be having with a vampire. Vampire's were always sort of hungry, that was there full, because it didn't get any better than that. He could drink blood until it came out his nose, and Lily was teasing him. Not intentionally of course, but you didn't wave a steak in front of a hungry dog and start talking about it, especially when Draq hadn't eaten tonight. He'd probably eat tomorrow at this rate. If she kept bringing his mind to such matters, because she did smell appetizing, and he found himself beginning to ponder the dos and don'ts of biting her. If you watched him, watched his green eyes, you could see them trained on her neck, more specifically on her jugular. You could see his pupils fluctuate in size like a hungry cat's would, and he swallowed a couple times before just averting his eyes from her all together and hunching himself in a ball. He grumbled, "Yes, it's better you just don't bleed all together. I'm just saying accidents happen, and I'm telling you to lock doors because that way you'll know if I'm after you. Even if I have a master key, I'll be far to savage to think to use it. You'll be hearing doors rip of hinges, and you can estimate my distance from you. Just try to get to a bathroom and wash the blood from the cut, and don't listen to a word I may say to you. If doors are crashing down, ignore whatever I may say to lure you out." It was a serious matter, it would happen in her life with him, guaranteed. You couldn't not get hurt your entire life, it was unrealistic.
"I'd also appreciate it if you made it easier for me by not talking about your blood. Blood in general I can handle, just not talk about your blood..." It was because her blood was right in front of him, so available.
He blinked as she started talking about what to do for him if he were in that condition, and why. He lifted his head from resting on hunched shoulders and muttered, "We're not gone, per say. Sad thing is we can never be gone entirely. The way you 'kill' us, is to burn us, then scatter the ashes, if the ashes aren't already close by, they can't take form anymore. But I suppose if there was someone devoted enough to go around teh world picking up each individual piece of ash and putting it back in place, the vampire could still come back. The main thing is you keep the ashes together. Even if you can't spare any blood, can't move the ashes, so long as they stay together, I'll be okay." He frowned at her other question, "What if I don't end up that way? What do you mean by that? No I wouldn't be faking it, if I was a pile of ashes, I'd be a pile of ashes Lily. There wouldn't be much I could do about it..."
He shrugged at her looking question, "No. I don't have any enemies. But if anyone comes to the door, I'd appreciate it if you just let me answer the door. Let me know if there's riots outside, that happens sometimes. People don't really like vampires. If that's the case it's better no one answers the door. But yeah, I have no planned enemies, other than angry towns people. You shouldn't tell them you're working for a vampire either. They'll probably call you a witch or something and burn you up... or was that the 1300s?" He became temporarily puzzled, though he glanced up when she talked about his sleeping.
"Well yes, I'm nocturnal. It's not some undead can't be woken sleep. Just wake me if you have problems. But regularly I sleep all day, wake up around nine or so... Though I don't think I'll do that today. I may sleep a bit, wake up at noon, then take you out into town so we can get you some food, and clothes you prefer, and whatever else you may need. I suggest you take a nap, then make a list of what you'd like ranging from any category, and we'll head out into town and sort you out. Alright?"
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:01 pm

((that would be really scary. I wouldn’t want to get sick ever.
Thanks =D))

Lily watched his body language change. “Sorry… I didn’t mean to.” She shook her head. “I’m so stupid.” She muttered to herself. How could she think that openly talk about her blood without their being consequences. “Sorry.” She said again. She also figured that now was not the time to bring up monthly matters. She’d bring that up later; she just hopped that she wouldn’t forget about it. That would be bad.
She folded her hands in her lap, twiddling them; the thought of a rampaging vampire was scary. Especially if it was her that was the target. She would have to think about that more. She supposed it would be kind of like a fire drill. Ha, a fire drill. That was a joke. But she would still have to remember what to do.
“Oh, that’s not what I meant by that.” She knew you couldn’t fake being a pile of ashes, though that would be quite funny if that happened. “Like your passed out or something…a coma.” She figured that would be a different story. Would he be fine if she left him be? Was he just really hungry? Or maybe he was just going to ignore her and freak her out now that she was mentioning that.
“I figured that I shouldn’t tell anyone. That sounded like a bad idea. I don’t think that they would call me a witch, but I don’t think that you would be seeing me ever again.” She thought for a minute. “Who knows though, angry people do stupid things. I could be burned or hung or whatever they decide that they want to do. After all that was started by people spreading rumors. ”
“Huh. I always assumed that you never had to sleep ever. That’s what most people assume too I think.” She looked at him. “I’ll try to sleep, but I slept yesterday.” She said honestly. Before she shrugged. “I’ll wake you up if I can find you.” She laughed.
She stood up. “I’ll let you sleep, if you’re going to end up waking up early on my behalf.” She turned and walked out of the room staring at her arm so she could find her way back to what she was originally cleaning. Not that rooms in this hallway didn’t need anywork.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:01 am

Ooc: No problemo. XD I won't be here today, going on the race boat! =D
bic;

Draq shrugged at her flurry of apologies, "It's fine Lily. Just hold off on the topic if you can, for your safety." He already had a drill for monthly matters, but it really hadn't come to mind yet. It wasn't exactly a friendly drill either. It had to do with a cement room, a lot of chains, and Lily's availability to look after him while he was stuck in it.
He blinked at her comment on his passing out or going into a coma. "Well," he muttered, "I suppose I could fake that, but there'd have to be an obvious purpose for that. I can faint, I don't know about a coma though. I'd probably have the same result as you if someone smacked me over the head hard enough with a shovel. Natural causes though, hunger can make me faint like it can make any person or creature faint. But you'll know way before it gets to that point, because I get...strange. There'd be a lot of stalking you before there'd be fainting, I probably wouldn't hurt you, in fact, the old house cleaner had to put up with me stalking her, pouncing on her and nipping at her, then taking off. That was when there was a famine going on at the time, though I don't think things like that happen these days. Not with all the non-organic foods. You'll probably never have to worry about me fainting Lily." Not when he wasn't locked in the cement room anyway, in fact, when he was, he'd be completely dependant on her. Once again, it was something that took a lot of trust, because he'd be chained up, vulnerable, unable to look after himself. He'd need her to look after him.
He was surprised by her next comment, "You slept yesterday? You mean you don't sleep everyday?" He found that odd, because he knew fully well that humans got tired, he was used to them needing sleep every night. The fact Lily didn't or implied she didn't, was curious. he was snapped out of his curiosity as she mentioned finding him. "Oh yeah," he grabbed a blank music sheet turned it over and started writing directions from her room to his. He folded it up, then muttered, "And I don't want to see anymore of that Lily." He pointed to her ink covered arm. "You're cleaning that before the house, people will think your crazy if you wander out with writing all over your arm."
He watched her turn to leave, and sat there patiently, before calling after her, "Remember to think about your instrument...If you want of course." With that he stood, arched his back in a stretch, and exited out the door opposite side of her's.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:28 pm

((Boat races!! Fun!!!
Also I am going to kill these stitches. ><
Though maybe I should stop playing with them. Lol))
“Wow. “ Lily said amazed. All of what he was saying completely went past everything that she thought a vampire was. It always seemed that a vampire wasn’t anything like a human, but a lot of what he was telling her now was. He was a whole lot more like them than she had thought. Though she still needed to remember the precautions that he had told her about.
She laughed quietly when he mentioned non organic foods. She didn’t really think of them that way but it was true that they had a lot of food going around, and yet there are still hungry people. It was also odd to think of what a famine was to him, Less people. That did follow the food chain though, one group suffers and so do the one above it. “I suppose I’ll just have to get used to it, if it does happen.” She didn’t really like being touched, but that was out of defense. She laughed, “I might try to fight back, not that that will do me any good.”
Lily just smiled. “Sleeping is a vulnerability. Less of it you can handle the better.” She stopped and shuttered noticeable. “We fight..over food, shelter. It’s easier to fight back when you not dazed from sleep. I sleep, just not every day. Every few days. It’s not really a good thing for you but I like to eat just as much as everyone else. I also don’t like to be wet.” She gazed in a random direction. “Most brawls are at night for that reason. I suppose it’s the opposite for you?”
She laughed at his comment about the writing on her arms, but didn’t say anything else. “I’ll clean it off before you wake up, Sir Draq.” She said as she took the paper from Draq.
She smiled as she heard him called down the hallway. “I will Sir, I will.”
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:00 am

Ooc: Haha! We didn't go to the boat races. We just raced around the lake in our race boat. XP I wish we could go to the boat races, if we had any around here.
Ewww stitches. I hated them so much I quite literally pulled them out of my mouth with my tongue after the first week. Stitches are soo annoying...
bic;

After living in this house for so long, Roscuro didn't even have to ponder the twists and turns anymore. Of course, in the beginning he'd struggled terribly, even gotten himself lost and jumped from windows so he could start again. He'd bought the house for it's maze-like quality purposely, because it was something to do. Find his way around the enormous, twisty, mazey, old house. Now however, such a thrill was lost with time. He knew the house off by heart, he knew how to get everywhere from anywhere, no matter where he may be. His room wasn't exactly close to Lily's, but it was around her area more then the music room was. He allowed himself to ponder what Lily'd said to him before she'd left while he walked.
Her new found fascination was typical. Rumors were spread and glorified with time, they lost their truth, and his was a very old rumor. The sunlight didn't burn him to a pile of ashes, but it did burn him if his didn't cover himself from it. Garlic didn't repel a vampire, food in general did, because it stunk and smelled highly unappetising, and he didn't even know what to think about the bat rumor.
Lily didn't like to be touched, that made two of them then. He wasn't particularly comfortable being touched at all. He preferred to touch, but not be touched. She was right of course, if there was another famine, and he decided to make false game of her, she could fight back, but she really wouldn't do anything to him, if anything he'd play around with her more because she fought back, being the big bully that he was.
As for her story on her struggle with life, he was sorry to hear that, but he really couldn't relate. When you didn't eat, when you could pick the wallets of teh dead guys you ate, you got rich fast. If you were rich, comfort came along with it. Lily would adjust to being rich quickly, seeing as how man was obsessed with paper instead of gold these days. He had both, when he ran out of one, he'd use the other. A poor peasant had once sold him a chest, and he'd dropped a gold nugget in his hand instead of a twenty dollar bill. He hadn't known what to do with it, but he'd been happy to have it. Not that Ross cared. It was a rock, it was paper, it had only the value it was given by man. Oh Yes, Lily would adjust quite fine. She'd forget what it was like to be starved, forget what it was like to have to save your energy for fear of being attacked or robbed, forget how comfortable the floor used to be, and overall, she'd forget how hard life had been on her while she hadn't been working for him.
For girls like her, working for a vampire was a win win suituation. She got everything she wanted to survive, and whatever she needed to amuse her, all she really had to put up with was his killing habbits. He did a lot of it, and really, tonight would be her full test. She'd either stay, or she'd run out at the sight of a body being dragged across the halls. He couldn't do anything about it other than make sure she knew her advantages of staying here before she made her final choice, and with his throat already aching, it would come soon. He needed to make sure she liked not only the way she'd be living, but him as a person as well, and in the end that still might not be enough, it was a test for her mental strength alone, and he couldn't prevent it. He needed to eat, just as she did. He could do less of it, but it wasn't wise, not when she was something he would ponder eating if he got to hungry. He was sure she'd be fine however, she seemed like a strong girl. She could take a little blood shed, he could only hope anyways.
At this point he'd come to his room door. His was, compared to the other doors in the house, remarkably beautiful and Gothic. It wasn't the door so much as the frame around the door that made it eye catching. At the top, two gargoyles confronted each other by each frame point. Along the sides realistic snakes with rubies for eyes slithered in masses towards the top of the door, fangs bared at whoever stood before the room. Almost a warning. The door itself was a blood red cherry wood, and it was engraved to so much detail that one couldn't even be bothered to describe it. Things ranging from bats, to snakes, to monsters, to mice and rats, all running from teh center of the door, which held and a brass lion knocker.
Ross just pushed the door open in little interest. The windows were covered with thin black curtains, allowing very small portions of light threw to dimly light the room as if it were night even in day. There was teh same thin curtains draped over the high posted bed. The floor was a dark wood, and the room had regular furnishings, a wardrobe, a rug, a closet, a desk, and on in that manner. All the things in the room were bought to match each other, all with the same engravings as before mas mentioned on the door, things involving snakes or monsters, usually with ruby eyes. There was no doubt even in the most non-believers eyes, that this was a vampire's room.
He wandered sluggishly over to the bed, and flopped carelessly down on velvet purple sheets. His feet pulling off their own socks, and he pulled off his shirt with sluggish annoyance, letting his clothes fall carelessly to the ground in a heap by the beside, then he curled up under the blankets, yawned, grabbed at the large dark toned pillow, and fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:12 pm

((if there where other boats on the lake then you were ‘racing’ them XD They just didn’t know it.
I get them out tomorrow =D But I also have to have them look at something. I’m pretty sure I have a bone fragment. And if they have to take that out I’ll just get more. YAY…
*laughs* though I’ve almost frayed one off XD ))

Lily walked back at to her room following the ink markings on her skin with ease. Some had become smeared but it was still simple to tell what direction was the right one. “There we go.” She said when she came her room. She would have known what one was hers if she had gotten lost once she passed it. With all the cleaning supplies on the bathroom floor it was hard to miss. She gathered them up, organizing them across the back wall before she went back to what she was doing before she’d left to find Draq.
She worked tirelessly at the bathroom, cleaning it first due to the fact that she’d already gotten the floors wet and partially cleaned it already. There wasn’t much more to worry about in there than dust, large amounts of it. She sneezed and coughed often enough but only paused long enough to get of the fit before going back to cleaning the dust off. The faster it was gone the less her body would throw a fit over it.
As she washed the dirt away the elegance of the room began to come through. Marble counter tops that shone once they were polished. Everything metal was a fine brass, craved with intricate patterns that pleased her eye. She paused long enough after polishing them to observe the flowing lines that swirled and twisted along the brass. She hadn’t noticed these when she was cleaning everything else, but now that she did she was glad to of been able to see such pretty things.
She laughed when she looked at the bucket that she had been using to collect the dirt that she’d been sweeping up from the floor. That was a lot of dirt, but now it was clean enough to actually mop the floor and not just wash around dirt. The water was a dark brown by the time she’d finished with the floor. She dumped it down the sink that was the simplest way of getting rid of the water.
She stood in the door way of the clean bathroom, hours of work right there. She radiated pride as she looked over her work checking to make sure that she hadn’t forgotten anything. She hadn’t, but it did ware her out significantly. She lent backwards to crack her back, sighing as some tension left. She hadn’t been joking when she said that by the time she was done with the bathroom the ink would have washed off. It had, leaving nothing of its presence behind, or not that she could see.
Now to tackle the room that Draq had given her. She moved the supplies across the hall and took a basket from the closet. She had no doubt that anything fabric needed to be aired out. She gathered up blankets sheets, curtains, and clothes from Draq’s past servant and dropped them into the basket. Setting a stack of papers on the top, holding the pen in her mouth so that she wouldn’t lose it, though she was careful not to get the tip in her mouth.
She wandered the halls trying to find her way to the entrance. She sighed in obvious frustration when she’d gone in a circle and ended back at her room. She then remembered something; if she left the area he would kill her. She didn’t know what the boundaries where. It was probably a good thing that she’d come back around in a loop. She should probably as about those boundaries.
She shuffled though her papers looking for the one that obviously wasn’t in her hand writing, or system of marking. She was stunned by the elegance of his writing. So old fashioned, so beautiful, even though she wasn’t used to it so it took a while for her to figure out the marking.
Lily shuffled along the hallways. She was getting tired now, and her brain was screaming at her for it. She huffed and continued forward trying to find Draq’s room. Once in the hall way the door itself stopped her dead. She just looked at it taking in the images, the detail, and how much it showed that inside was a creature of the night. She raised a hand as if to take the knocker in hand and use it, but she stopped suddenly not wanting to bother him. She would wait. She sat down across from the door so she could examine it farther, but doing this lulled her off to sleep. She was curled up on the floor after a short while sleeping soundlessly.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Ooc: XP unfortnately there wasn't much racing while I was driving. My father on the other hand... *raises a brow at him*
How'd the stitches go by the way? And a bone fragment? Ouch. Hope it wasn't serious...
Bic;

Draq slept as always. It was a dreamless sleep, it was and actionless sleep. He could very, very easily be mistaken for dead, if not for the occasional twitch of a finger, or an expresion change on rare occasion. He was very oblivious when he was sleeping. Lilycould have wandered into his room, stolen everything, and he wouldn't have woken. However, before falling asleep he'd carved the message in his brain that he wanted to wake at a certian time, and so he did. The clock came to 12:00, 12:01, 12:02-03-04, 12:05, and the green, nocturnal eyes opened. Not in a hurry of course, he was waking extremely early. Half opened eyes stared sluggishly ahead at the wall, then at the clock, then slowly he forced himself to sit up. He yawned, slipped on some new clothes, and hauled himself slowly towards the door, opened it, and was greeted by the light of high noon, which he hissed at sharply and shut the door again.
Draq leaned against the door rubbing his temple as the unexpected blast of light. Well now he was awake anyways. He grabbed a jacket, threw on the hood, put on some dark glasses and walked out again. He was greeted by a sleeping girl on the floor. Lily.
He sighed, she looked exhausted, obviously this was her nap. She'd probably forgotten to make a list too. He scooped her up with ease and carried her into his room, laid her on the bed, and watched her sleep momentarily, trying to decide what to do with her. She obviously needed to sleep, poor thing. He stretched again, looked around his room and shrugged. He could sleep too then. She could wake him when she woke up. He grabbed a paper from his desk, wrote, "Make a list, then Wake Me" in big letters. He wandered over and pushed Lily to the end of the bed like some sort of pet, then curled up back in bed with the note attached to his forehead. He fell back asleep in that way, the slow rise and fall of his chest quit as he fell asleep, this time without a set time.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 pm

((lol.
It wasn't a bone fragment just the socket or something. Nothing to worry about he said =] The stitches came out fine. Probably because I moved them around anyway so They didn't become attached or something. =] ))

Lily’s eyes opened when Draq picked her up. She tensed immediately but when she recognized who it was she relaxed. She told herself to stay awake but she didn’t. Falling back asleep before Draq had set her down on his bed.
She woke again, her shoulder ached, perhaps from the fact that she’d fallen off the bed and onto the floor. “Ow.” She murmured as she rubbed it gently. She hadn’t yet taken in her surroundings yet, nor did she remember being picked up.
She slowly recognized that she wasn’t in the hallway. Blinking she looked around. The furniture looked like Draq’s door. That clicked. “Oh crap.” She bolted to her feet, wavering slightly as all the blood rushed to her head. She looked around and saw Draq sleeping, with a note on his forehead. She couldn’t help but laugh quietly. Lily moved closer to his bed so she could read what the note said.
She backed away so if he woke up it wouldn’t be entirely creepy that she was leaning over him “Write a note…” She tried to remember. “Oh bother.” She murmured. The note of stuff she needed. She ran her fingers through her hair as she looked around for paper. She spotted it on his desk. Lily moved as quietly as possible. She didn’t know how heavy of a sleeper Draq was and didn’t want to wake him. She paused in front of his desk, again intrigued by the elaborate carvings.
Lily found a blank sheet of paper and pulled it from a stack of papers. She blinked when she found the paper under it was written on. Draq had said that he wrote about his daily life. She was curious, but averted her eyes, knowing better. She borrowed a pen from the desk and sat down on the floor scribbling out a list. It was simple enough. Food and clothes. She set Draqs pen back on his desk and wandered over to Draq, getting distracted by the other things in his room stopping to look at them.
“Sir Draq.” Lily whispered lightly touching his shoulder. She hoped that was enough to wake him. She also hoped that she didn’t startle him. She took a step back and waited.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Ooc: Oh that's good, so it all went smoothly then. ^_^ I dyed my hair by the way. It's copper now. XD Somehow it turned my eyes a reddy colour.
bic;

Draq was, as mentioned before, a heavy sleeper. He couldn't have been more oblivious to Lily's waking up than to a mouse nibbling on a crumb. He did make an expression as she got close to him however, due to the scent she let off, the smell of food. After that he was subconsciously aware of everything she did in his room, but he couldn't have cared less. He was basically making sure she wasn't sharpening a stake, or lighting a fire, doing something with the intentions to hurt him.
He heard his name, it was so softly spoken that he really didn't register why she'd said his name. He took him a while, around three to four minutes before he actually opened his eyes. But that was about all he did. Half open eyes stared dazed off into space, but as he became more alert of Lily's presence the green eyes flickered up to look at her, reflecting whatever grim amount of light was in his room like two shinning beckons.
"Lily," He muttered sleepily, then grabbed the note from his head and looked it over. "Oh yes," he crumpled the paper and tossed it aside loosely, then stretched and arched his back much like a cat would, all of that was concluded by a fang revealing yawn.
He sat up, still fully dressed, he'd been out for at least an hour since his last awakening. He looked up at Lily as he sorted out his messy hair and mumbled, "You make a list?" He then stood, slid on the black glasses, as well as the dark coat, then turned to look at her again.
"Did you sleep alright? I found you sprawled out in the hallway you know." He gingerly took the doorknob in his hand and cracked the door open, hiding behind it as light poured in, he gradually worked his way into it, like a child to cold water. Once he was used to it more or less, he stretched out a hand to signal she come along, then started walking out of the room.
Stores should still be open at this time, good thing too. He wanted to get shopping over with, it really wasn't his favorite especially when most of the town already knew what he was. Lily could amuse herself by all the looks the townspeople would no doubt give them. But sadly, their cooperation of him was based on fear alone. Because one time the riots had gotten so terrible his life had been on the line, and he like anything, he a very strong will to survive. It had ended in a blood bath of slaughter. No one had rioted against him since, but the anger was still there, and really he wasn't welcome in town. But what could he do about it? He wasn't leaving any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:09 am

((yup I'll be the one person I know who doesn't have a horror story o.o
Really? That sounds like a cool hair color. what color was it before? I'm assuming your eyes are brown? I can't see it making any other color look red, but that would be wicked it that happened.))
Lily waved the piece of paper that she’d written the list on. “Did it.” She said, “Though It’s not much of a list.” She looked down at the paper. “Or I don’t think it is.” She couldn’t help but think that she forgot something. She’d remember eventually, probably when she saw it.
She laughed. “I woke up sprawled on the floor too. I guess your bed is too plush.” She shook her head, “I didn’t intend on falling asleep though. Your door started it. So much stuff to look at. Made my eyes tired while I was waiting for you to wake up.”It was easy to see that she was going to be amused by the elegant things in this house for a long while.
“Rumor number four shattered.” She stated as she watched Draq walk out in to the sun lit hallway. She followed after him walking briskly as she knew that she was going to have to keep up with him. She pondered if she should tell him that she may run in to trouble due to the nature of owning territory. She knew the grid and who would be a problem depending on where they went. She wouldn’t normally have a problem, but she gave up arms when she came here. That was a small price to pay but discomforting none the less. She decided against the idea. It was still bright out; they had better things to do than attract trouble. If they were out closer to dark she would mention it that would make sense. Her mind wondered back to her own area. She wondered who’d taken it. They’ll move in like a pack of wolves once they saw she was gone, she was sure that they did by now.
“Sir Draq. When I’m cleaning can I go outside to hang things up? They need a little air.” She asked remembering the question that she’d intended to ask before she’d fallen asleep in the hallway. “You never mentioned boundaries. You said they existed but you didn’t say where they were.”
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Ooc: Yeah, my hair was brown, my eyes were brown, both are now sort of a reddy colour. By the way: I won't be here for a while, camping. I'm leaving tomorrow, and I'm not sure how long I'll be gone. But I'll post when I get back. ^_^
bic;

Draq nodded at teh sight of her list, but rolled his eyes as she doubted her list making abilities. He finally just shook his head as she mentioned waking up on the floor. He wasn't surprised, he just found it amusing that she'd subconsciously move herself like that.
"Too plush?" he asked her with a raised brow. The vampire's bed was too plush. Not that he'd know the difference, when he was tired, he'd sleep on anything and everything. Be it a plush bed, or a rock, or even a coffin. He'd done that before sadly, but you really had to be careful doing it, because people don't like seeing 'dead' guys walk out of coffins.
He listened to her talk about his door, the complexity of it, he smiled. "Yeah? I stared at my door lots when it was first completed too." He wasn't really in a talking mood right now. His questions were small, his answers were blunt statements, his attention span was seriously limited, and his movements were sluggish due to the hour. He didn't even comment on her statement on rumors due to his walking into the sunlight.
He watched her begin to walk briskly, and he found himself trying to keep up with her instead. yet again, it was due to the hour and his being only half awake. He did manage a proper reply, however, when she asked about boundaries, because it was something that needed to be straightened out.
"Well," he grumbled, "Your boundaries are entirely different than mine. As long as I'm following you around, you can go anywhere you want. But when I'm not around, I don't want you going past the property's gate, so if you use the yard it shouldn't be a problem." He blinked, "Oh yeah, also, I wouldn't dig in the garden if I were you. I'm not paying you for the things you find there." There was enough bones in that earth to make her an instant billionaire at five bucks a bone. "My boundaries are pretty big, all this small town, some of the country beyond it, but I really only defend the town. No vampire makes trouble over empty land."
After that, he fell into silence again, staring ahead of him in a sleepy sort of way, the reaching over and plucking the list from Lily's fingers. He looked it over, shrugged at the bluntness of all if it, then handed it back to her.
"You're more modest than the old lady was. She wanted a diamond necklace on our first trip into town." He shook his head, that girl had been a lot of trouble, mostly because she hadn't wanted to work for him, he'd bought her. Of course at that time it was still legal to buy girls for labor, and her parents had seemed to have the intention of wanting to have him warm up to her. But their relationship had been strictly professional, though she had done things that would have gotten her killed if he'd had a crueler temperament. Forgetting him when he was in the cement room wasn't something he'd looked lightly upon, and he had punished her for it in the same way he'd suffered, because he was a fair person. She'd starved him, so he'd done the same to her. Of course he hadn't killed her, and after that he'd never had that problem with her again, despite the cheeky thing that she had been
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:11 pm

((Wicked. =D
Okay sounds good. Have fun!!))
“I meant it as a joke.” She said. “The floors hard and your beds not.” Lily got the vibe that he didn’t really want to talk. Which made sense seeing that he probably would rather be sleeping right now. He was a creature of the night, not a creature of the mid afternoon.“I might not get anything done because of all the designs on everything in your house.” She said jokingly. “Or maybe I’ll clean faster because I want to see them all. They are very cool I think.” She slowed down when she noticed that he wasn’t walking like he was when he was showing her to her room.
She nodded when he told her the boundaries remembering them. “The garden your stash away?” She asked remembering that he said he would pay her for any bones that she found in the house. She smiled. “You also only said in the house. So I wouldn’t have thought of it.”
Lily looked at him when he mentioned that his last servant asked for a diamond necklace. “What would she want that for?” She asked confused as to why she would need that especially if she wasn’t paying for it. She shook her head. “No. I suppose it doesn’t matter.” She didn’t understand how other people lived sometimes.
“Where are we going to go?” She asked. It didn’t matter to her, or maybe it would if she started checking price tags. She wouldn’t want to get anything if she did that. It would be interesting to see where he went, not that it really mattered, but he must have favored somewhere. He had to need new clothes every now and then. Blood liked to destroy clothing, it if his house showed how much he liked to clean, maybe he just threw his clothes away after he wore them.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Ooc: XD yay back for two days. I have to go camping again for four more after my short break. X)
bic;

Ross shrugged at the bed comment, and rubbed at his eyes under his dark glasses. It was the sort of pair you could never really see eyes behind. They needed to be dark, because the sun was unforgiving, a mere glance could blind him if he went outside unprotected and looking after bleeding eyes wasn't a pleasant task.
He listened to Lily ramble on about his house, her inability to clean it all. Honestly, she'd never have all of it clean in one time. It was too big. It was definitely not a one person job, but honestly, he hadn't gotten her for the cleaning. He'd gotten her to start a war, and after deciding not, he'd gotten her for the company, because he got bored, he needed something to bat around when he got hungry, or talk too when he got lonely, or to look after him if he were ever rendered into a position where he could no longer look after himself. Yes, he was glad to have Lily around for those reasons far more than the house being clean. If you wanted to look at the darker side of it, Lily was a bit like a pet, a well educated pet. Seeing as how most animals were seriously intolerant of vampires, and lived far to short to supply anything but grief, he preferred a person as a company supplier.
He relaxed as Lily took to walking at his preferred sleepy pace, then his more alert night pace. "My Garden stash away?" He repeated almost in confusion, then he shook his head. "Oh, no, no Lily. No farmed food, that's disgusting, it ruins it, it really does. But I have to put the bodies somewhere, and the flowers and lawn love it." He yawned again, shaking his head as if to wake himself as they came to the entrance to the house.
"It doesn't matter. She wanted the necklace because she thought it made her look nicer, and in those days people obsessed with status. Walking around with a diamond necklace meant you were rich, in a position of high power. Not that she was, she just had a low self esteem I suspect." He opened the door gingerly, hiding behind it as brighter light poured in. He signaled that she go out first, shrugging at her last question about where they were going.
"We can go anywhere you'd like Lily. I get my clothing custom made, I could do the same for you if you'd like. Just tell the man what you'd like. Their all good friends of mine, that family has been doing business with me a long time now. It's hard to find places that take vampire service these days you know. In fact I'll probably have to follow you at a distance when you're shopping for food. It's usually the businessman that don't get my visits that are all uptight about me."
He slowly shifted his way into the light, locking the door behind him and turning his head in time to see a group of kids hanging around his fence, one was climbing the fence trying to get a ball that had obviously flown astray. They all looked nervous, all of them were about ten or so, and upon seeing him, there was sharp cries and scattering, the boy sitting half over the fence looked torn between which side he wanted to go on.
Ross watched him, pulled on his hood absentmindedly and grumbled to Lily, "Give the boy back his ball. he'll probably fall off the fence if I try." With that he merely leaned against the house as deeply hidden in shade as he could manage.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:02 pm

((did you have a good time?
Wow. Lotsa camping ^^
So I'll say this now. I'm going to be on vacation from 12-28. I'll reply when I can.))
“I bet they do.” Lily commented not thinking much of it, “Makes the soil richer doesn’t it?” Decomposing. One of the grosses processes in the world. She pondered as to why farmed food would ruin it. Odd. The more she thought about it the more it made sense. Humans didn’t like his food..or most didn’t but that was a different story. Why would he like their food? She assumed that it was that simple.
She sighed quietly. “Status still does matter to some people. I assume it was worse then?” She asked. She knew that. ‘The bigger the better,’ but that was how society was, she doubted that it was going to change at all and if it did it wasn’t going to be anytime soon. She watched him hide behind the door. She should have mentioned that she would be happy to make night trips, too late now she supposed.
“Taylor made?” She asked, almost doubting it. “Wow. I’d never..” She shook her head, it didn’t matter. “If it’s easier for you to go there then we can go there. Not that I know what I want.” She laughed quietly. She walked out into the sun light. It felt good to be outside. It was what she was used too. She’d be making trips outside often enough, she liked it outside.
Lily noticed the boys by the fence but she didn’t know the rules were on trespassers. She turned her head and looked at Draq, as if she was waiting. She nodded when He spoke asking her to retrieve the Boy’s ball. She smiled and waved at the boy. “I’ll get it for you Kiddo.” She as she walked across the lawn. She figured she shouldn’t run, the boy could easily think that she was coming after him. “Climb down; I’ll meet you on the other side.” She stated as she retrieved the ball from the lawn. She debated on whether or not she wanted to climb the fence it would be faster, but indecent. She walked across the lawn to the gate.
Lily flinched away from the gate when she touched it. The metal was hot from the sun beating down on it, she’d forgotten about that. She pushed the gate open using her back. She hoped that the boy hadn’t run off. She’d much rather not keep their ball; she didn’t have a use for it. Nor did she really want to have rumors start spreading around town that He had sired someone. That would go over so well.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Ooc: I had a great time. ^_^
not really, I think after this I'm done. X)
Oh are you? Well I should see you before you go on the 11th. But if not, have a great time. ^_^ Where will you be going?
bic;

Draq shrugged passively at her question on back then verses now. "Yes, back then it was all about status. About maintaining your status, or raising your status, going up the bar to have more power and wealth for your family. Needless to say every dime I paid the maid went to her father, not to her. Not that she needed it in the first place, I bought her anything she wanted. It's just money, it doesn't buy happiness like she thought it did."
He could tell from the look on her face that she'd misinterpreted the farming comment. He couldn't eat solid food, not eat it and keep it down anyways. But he'd been talking about people, having a stash of people. It was like farmed fish. Some vampires did it, some vampires didn't. He didn't for simple reasons. It wasn't as fresh as it could be, and it wasn't like it was laborious to catch a human in the first place. The vampires that did farm were obviously extremely lazy, and had taken whatever thrill they had left in their lives away for their own comfort. Comfort was overrated when you lived forever. It was no longer about surviving, but about living.
He couldn't help but smile lightly at her fascination with the Taylor question. "Why? What were you expecting of me? They're a good business, the prices aren't to bad and the clothes are top quality. They'll do whatever you want, however you want, when you want it." He was greeted with the comment that she didn't know what she wanted. He paused, "You've never seen people on the streets wearing things you wished you could wear? Never seen a style that caught your eye? We'll just go there anyway. They'll have samples for you, things for you to try on. It is a clothing store, not just a Taylor."
He noticed her mood change once the went outside, she obviously preferred it more than inside. That was too bad. There wasn't much to clean outside, much to do. Though he did own a large piece of property, he didn't suggest digging around in his garden. She may see things in there even he would have a hard time looking at. Decomposition was something no one fancied watching.
He watched her go to give the boy back his ball passively. He was mostly tolerant of trespassers, not vandilators, but trespassers, especially when they had a logical reason. Most did, like the boy trying to get his ball, or a newsboy delivering a paper he really wasn't interested in. He wanted Lily to give the boy back his ball because she was nonthreatening. The boy was less likely to panic, fall off the fence, and crack open his head if harmless Lily gave him back the ball. The last thing Draq needed was to become untamable over spilt children's blood. Like anything, he had morals, he had limits. He didn't take pleasure in slaughtering children, in fact, it would sometimes depress him. Though it was silly because there was a great chance he'd only eat them once they grew up anyways.
The boy narrowed his eyes at Lily as she took his ball and spoke welcomingly to him. He was confused, he was unsure and frightened, but he just wanted the ball back. He climbed back down and waited for her to approach him on the other side of the fence, his eyes glancing nervously o the figure looming in the shadows. the very person his parents had warned him never to go near. As she came round he wandered up cautiously and snatched up the ball from her, jumping back and halting as if he thought she were a vampire too. But she didn't look like one, or act like one, so maybe she was food. "Miss," he breathed, "You shouldn't hang around that guy. He's dangerous, he'll kill you if you stay so close to him. People go in there and never come back out..." He glanced over as he saw his friends peeking around the side of a house seeing if their friend was still okay. The boy looked up at Lily, then to Draq, then ran off to go be with his friends.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:38 pm

((Colorado to see my Aunt. =] ))
“Well, yes, I have.” She said. She’d see people walking down the street on their way to a bar, or a party or something of the sort. They were so many different kinds, short, log, bright, dark, straps or no straps. She liked the layered dresses, but frilly ones she just didn’t like. She tried to forget about them since she couldn’t have them. She’d know them when she saw them. She also saw the casual dress. She wondered how some of those things wore but she again tried to forget them. That was the easiest way.
She watched the boy as she gave him his ball back, it was the reaction that she had expected but it made her a little sad at the same time. “I’ll think about that.” Lily said holding of a smart mouth comment about her coming out after going in. She was an exception, and she wasn’t going to try and tell the boy that. That could cause massive problems. He’d probably end up coming back. Nor was she going to mention that it was better to live in there at than on the street. The kid wouldn’t understand that. He was well of as far as she could tell. He didn’t know what the world was like.
“Just be more careful next time!” She called after the boy as he ran off. She turned and walked back to where Draq was standing. She thought for a minute. Maybe she should have been mean about it. She sighed softly she hoped that she didn’t cause any problems, by not being rude and mean.
She looked at Draq before moving back across the lawn staying close to some shade. She’d noticed that he didn’t like the light. That made sense. She kept pace with him like she had before. She kind of remembered the way back but she wasn’t completely sure so she half followed him. She looked around as they walked. It was a lot cooler last night. In two ways, it was defiantly hotter out today than yesterday. She was glad that it was cool inside Draq’s house now that she knew how hot it was outside today. She’d hate to be sitting around in this. It was also spookier last night than now, but that was from the shadows that the moon and created when it hit the surrounding trees. She now understood why it was so shading from his house to town.
They eventually made it into town she walked towards uptown figuring that it was somewhere in that direction. If it wasn’t than she would be redirected by him. It was obvious that she’d lived on the streets because the moment they walked into town she had her guard up. Watching for the people that she knew would be around here. She looked at Draq making sure that she hadn’t lost him. Finding a needle in a group of people didn’t sound like a great way to spend the day. Entertaining maybe but not particularly fun.

Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Ooc: Oh nice! ^_^ Well have fun.
bic;

Draq was glad Lily had at least some idea of what she'd like. He didn't care. So long as she was covered, so long as she could go outside and not make a spectacle of herself, or need his assistance because she'd tripped over a broken heel, things like that. It'd probably be a good idea for him to go in there too, fashion changed so swiftly these days. Not that he was entirely interested, but you couldn't walk around in 1980's clothes in the 20th century. People noticed, and that was the last thing he wanted. To be noticed.
He watched Lily with dull, half-awake eyes as she returned the boy's ball. He'd muttered something to her, a warning perhaps. He hadn't really been paying attention. He wouldn't have done it differently than her. Probably with less energy, probably with a neutral expression that would be misinterpreted and send the boy crying home. Lily returned with a look on her face that told him she wondered if she needed to he corrected. But she didn't, and he didn't care to tell her so. She could figure it out with his lack of reply. He rubbed his eyes again from under his sunglasses, adjusted his hood and wandered with her out of his 'property' and towards town.
He stuck to the shade whenever he could, his movements had quickened due to the heat and his lack of ability to cope with it. Where as the sun was a mere pest to Lily, to his own heat sensitive skin, easily burnt skin, despite it being sheltered by his thin, black coat, it was an extreme discomfort. He was fidgety, restless, and extremely eager for any section of shade he could acquire.
He would have gone at night, but there were two reasons why that wouldn't happen. For one, stores didn't stay open that late, especially clothing stores or grocery stores. For two, he intended to eat tonight and he could not parade Lily around when he did that.
Draq's attention became divided from the sun as he watched Lily become more aware of everything as he returned her to her usual environment. Maybe she was looking for a friend or something to gloat to,or maybe a group she felt distaste too and intended to have him slaughter the lot. He wouldn't do that. Mass killings were something he didn't do. They were wasteful, especially when he had to eat every two or so days.
He fell behind her a bit, because there were people starting to watch him now. Most of the town, if not all of it, knew he was a vampire. Those who didn't believe it were in denial and thought him nothing but a serenade to get away with murder. Those people were easily told out from the rest by the raised brow they'd give him. The whole: 'stop playing this stupid game of yours' look. He left them be, they could find out later whether he was for real or not.
Other than the people in denial, most other merely glared at him. There was a noticeable group of people that had moved into the sun to deter him, but he could hardly care. They didn't seem to understand that he never hunted during the day. Never had, never would.
He let Lily wander through town, but he grunted to stop her when they came to the building he'd wanted to stop by first.
It was a cozy-looking building. A cute, small, family business sort of building. He glanced at the open sign, then pushed the door open. He was greeted by an familiar face at the counter. A mid-height boy, blond hair, brown eyes, with sort of tan skin. The son of teh man that had used to be standing at that very counter not twenty years ago.
"Hello Tom," Draq muttered coolly.
Tom smiled, "Good to see you here again Sir. What can I do for you?"
"I need your father to make my friend Lily some clothes," Roscuro muttered back calmly. "Is he in?"
"Yeah he's in, let me get him for you." With that Tom disappeared into the back room.
Draq turned his attention to Lily once more. "You can look around at some of their stuff if you want, it doesn't all have to be custom made." He patted her shoulder then wandered over, glancing at shelves as he passed them, to the main counter, placing a hand down and leaning against it calmly, admiring the wall where past generation photos were hung up. Lord only knew how long his business had kept their's alive. He knew almost all the figures on the wall.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier
Ama

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:52 pm

(( Yup. It'll be fun. Not getting there though.. its like 4 days of driving to get there. DX))
She noticed the looks that people were giving Draq. They made sense, but it was upsetting to see so much hate in one place. She’d gotten looks earlier when Draq was closer, but she was used to getting looks. When you were always dirty it tended to happen. They were different kinds of looks but they were still easy to ignore. She occasionally got one from some who seemed to recognize her, but that was rare since she spent little time up here.
Lily turned and looked at the shop that Draq wanted her to go into. She looked uneasy. This wasn’t her place to be. She didn’t know how to do this. That made her nervous. Lily walked inside after Draq, attempting to look relatively normal. Not that it really worked. She was gawking by the time she was halfway across the threshold, but she stayed directly behind Draq, almost as if she was hiding. She only side stepped when she heard him talking. She side stepped so that she could see who he was talking to. She didn’t really tune into the conversation, it was done and over with before she could really think much about it.
She did tune in when Draq started talking directly to her. “Okay.” She answered, tensing automatically at his touch, though she hadn’t meant to. “Sorry.” She murmured before she wandered off towards the first thing that caught her eye. Casual wear, summer dresses, Jeans, shorts, tank tops, t shirts. It was overwhelming.
Lily occupied herself by sifting through the racks. She paused at the things that she liked, glancing at them touching the fabric. It was softer than what she was used to, but that was to be expected. Lily, however, didn’t pull anything off the rack. She just looked. She wandered to the next rack. She never knew how there could be so many different types of jeans. It was the same material. So many things were beyond her.
Lily glanced up to see where Draq was not that she was going to lose him in this store but she still felt the need to look for him. When she looked up she noticed a dress on the other side of the room. It looked interesting so she walked across the store to look at it. She stood in front of it. It was probably close to being just below the knee. It was a brighter color than she was used too, orange. Not hunter orange, but a mid tone that didn’t attack the eye. The straps were wide, and had a pattern across them in an off white color. It ruffled vertically on the bust with small white buttons. It looked like it clung tight at the top and flared of for the rest of the length. The bottom was completed with two parallel horizontal dusty blue stripes. Lily just looked at it not moving for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Lunch [1x1] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lunch [1x1]
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying :: 1x1-
Jump to: