HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Share | 

Lunch [1x1]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Sara smiled softly as Lily compared Draq's house to outside, but she couldn't relate. There was inside, and there was outside. A house could never be like outside in her mind, a house was a house. But she remained quiet, guessing Lily was saying so more for her own way of cooping than anything, and she wouldn't butcher the poor girl's method of dealing with the change. She nodded at the suggestion for laundry, "Oh yes. I'd imagine you'd have to do lots of laundry over there. Luis has told me the horror stories, and from what I've heard, Draq doesn't do a good job of keeping his meal in his mouth."
She paused as Lily mentioned no mother, and just as she opened her mouth for father, it was pre-answered for her. The word orphan popped into her head, but then again, she must have foster parents right? No. She would have mentioned them... so what then? She lived alone?
"Oh," she muttered, as Lily put up her hands and requested she lay off affection. "Sure thing Lily, whatever makes you most comfortable. I'm sorry to hear that though, you live alone? In an apartment or something right?"
She smiled as Lily took off with her basket, but she'd only gotten halfway through the fruit selections before Lily came back with her basket barely a quarter full. "Is that all you want Lily? I have lots to spare, don't be shy. Pick lots, lots and lots. I have a cherry tree, and a pear tree too. You haven't taken any blueberries, or blackberries. Don't you like them?" She smiled gently, holding up one of each of the berries she'd mentioned, "here Lily. Even if you don't like them, at least try mine." She continued on her way picking things on her way to the trees, and once she did arrive she grabbed a big couple handfuls of Black Cherries, Pears, Gala Apples and Golden Delicious Apples. Though she frowned as she stopped at an apple and found it to be eaten by a worm or something, filled with holes.
"Pesky little things," she growled, plucking the apple and tossing it into the compost, thinking nothing of it as she checked the rest of teh tree for infected apples.

If I don't do anything to differentiate my characters, It leads to realization. Let Down. Disappointment. Incontinence. Bloody Stool. Fainting. Death, Heaven. Reincarnation. Hi I'm back.
-Kohta Hirano (From Hellsing V.2)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkvampirelord.webs.com/
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:47 pm

((Post 101 =D))

Lily shrugged, she would find out Draq’s eating habits when she got ‘home.’ Until then she wouldn’t know. Even if she did she wouldn’t say anything. Or she didn’t that she would. Why would it matter how he ate? Humans could also be messy eaters. His way was just going to be more morbid in her view.
Lily just smiled when Sara mentioned her living in an apartment or something else of the sort. She supposed that because of the dress that Draq had bought her it looked that way. Lily didn’t answer until she came back with the basket. She needed to debate whether to tell the truth or not. She’d already gotten more sympathy than she wanted. “Would it make you feel better if I said that I did?” Lily asked honestly. She’d happily play a game of pretend if it would make things better. It made no difference to her.
“No I like them it’s just that I..” Lily stopped and shook her head. “No never mind.” It didn’t matter she would do what she was asked too. “I can pick more.” Lily said taking the berries that Sara held out to her. She took them and popped them in her mouth. She smiled. The flavor was great. She turned and walked off to pick more like she was told that she could. She felt awful about it, but it was what she was asked to do.
Lily watched as Sara tossed the apple. “What are you doing?” She asked confused as to why Sara would be throwing the apple away. Lily walked over to the compost pile and picked it up. Turning it over in her hands she looked back at Sara. She would eat it. “You can still eat it.” She said blunter then she meant to. “Sorry.” She murmured still holding the apple. It was clear that she wasn’t going to let Sara throw anything away while she was standing in view.
Lily held her basket out to Sara. It was half full now. She hoped that that would be better. “Is this okay?” she asked. She looked down at the ground, bent over slightly when she asked.

As he fell to the ground on one knee

For he'd come to wait for his Da at the gate
With a broken toy sword in his hand
From beyond death he'll come with the beat of love's drum
To honour his son and his land"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:56 pm

00c: XO post 102!! (I have no idea whats up with the #s just feel like it XD)
b1c;
Sara smiled ad nodded at Lily's question, "Please do, I'd love to hear your adventures...maybe over Dinner we could talk about it?" She really was very clueless, but no one had told her Lily was homeless, Lily didn't look homeless in her new dress, and Sara hadn't know her long enough to notice any odd behaviour besides the fact Lily was shy on food, which could easily be covered as being polite. That was how she saw it too, Lily was a shy polite girl who lived at home alone, probably worked minimum wage and saw working for Draq as a step up from her old life.
"Please," Sara answered as Lily stated she could pick more. Sara did hate to throw out good food, but usually her family didn't eat all she grew, and the markets that would take her food where all too small for her large produce. She was delighted to have someone to give her food too who needed it.
Sara paused from her apple searching as Lily took the rotten apple from the compost pile. She became confused and scrunching her nose, "Oh Lily, don't pick that up. It's a bad apple, really. You can't eat it. A worm's been in it, it's rotten, toast, done for. Animals have to eat to, and leaving the apple there makes fertilizer for next year's crops. For all I know the worm could still be in it, and if we leave the apple on the tree, the worm will destroy all the apples, understand?"
She shook her head as Lily apologised. "You want that apple, you can have it, I'm just warning you, it might make you sick." She watched as Lily held out her basket, a little better than before, but still so modest, so polite.
She sighed and shrugged, "If it's all you want, than I suppose it's fine Lily. But please come back when you need more, I'd be delighted to have the extra mouth to give my crops too. Alright, we're done. Let's get inside and make dinner, I'll give you that cook book and you can look through it if you'd like while you wait."
She smiled pleasantly, being a very happy-go-lucky person at heart, innocent to a fault. That was probably why Luis had married her, he'd done so after the Drake incident, her innocence had probably become his safety zone, because that event really had done a number on his sanity, as it would have to most people grown in a peaceful home.
Sara strolled off towards the backdoor with her overflowing basket of fruits and vegetables, glancing over her shoulder's once to make sure Lily was still around. "Coming?" she asked gently.

If I don't do anything to differentiate my characters, It leads to realization. Let Down. Disappointment. Incontinence. Bloody Stool. Fainting. Death, Heaven. Reincarnation. Hi I'm back.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:14 am

((I'm just used to saying it every 100 posts ^^Wink)
Lily smiled when Sara asked if they could talk about her adventures over dinner. “ I suppose we could.” Lily replied. If Luis was eating with them, he probably wouldn’t want her talking about it anyway. Friendly table talk could get out of hand. But, Lily, not knowing normal from not would not know what would make them not want to eat anymore and what wouldn’t. It was life to her, but a different world to them.
Lily turned the rotten apple over in her hands, looking at it again. “No, no it won’t.” She said quietly. She knew what would make her sick and what wouldn’t. She was wrong from time to time but, it was just a worm, and it wasn’t the whole apple. She could at least eat that.
Lily smiled when she was told that she had gathered enough. She was relieved. She was going to end up over eating now that her stomach had something in it and was craving more. That was how it worked. The more you ate the hungrier you got. It was going to be a rough night with Draq feeding and the chances were she was going to throw up at least once from eating too much in one go.
“I can help you.” Lily said. She really couldn’t she didn’t know anything about microwave let alone a cooking range. “You’ll have to show me what to do though.” She tacked on. She’d forgotten that Sara didn’t know that she’d been living on the streets and that she wouldn’t know anything about cooking over controlled heat… or cooking in general.
Lily looked off across the garden, something seemed to of caught her eye. A flower. Bright yellow, red lining the veins the flowers stacked on top of each other blooming from the bottom up. The others around it were other colors, red, dark purple and white. She thought they were pretty. Lily turned back to face Sara when she was asked if she was coming or not. It was a good thing that she was asked. She wouldn’t have moved otherwise. Lily walked after Sara following her into the house.
“Where should I put this?” Lily asked gesturing to her basket of fruits and vegetables. Lily watched Sara, house etiquette was something that she didn’t know anything about. She could do people etiquette but not housing. Where would she of learned?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Ooc: Oh lol, okays then. X)
btw; sorry but I can't post, I'm going on a vacation tomorrow and won't be back for a few weeks, but I'll post when I can, so see you around. =)

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:06 am

((Alright Have a great Vacation! :] ))

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 am

Ooc; thanks! =D
bic;
Sara smiled approvingly and nodded, so she'd have some stories at dinner time, that would be nice. Though, she really had no idea what she was asking about. She didn't know Lily was homeless, and so homeless, in fact, that she didn't even know a quarter of the things about a typical person's everyday life. She'd figured Lily was a little down on her luck as far as money was concerned, but she hadn't contemplated Lily not having enough to even buy food.
She stood in the doorway, shaking her head with an amused smile at Lily's protection to the worm infested apple. She wasn't going to argue, far from it, but she didn't understand Lily's concern. The apple had a different purpose now than to be eaten, and if all the apples were eaten, than there would be no next generation of apple trees. Lily was obviously the sort of girl that needed all the free food she could get, poor girl.
Sara smiled as Lily ran up to join her, agreeing to help her in the kitchen, "Really? Great! You can learn how to make a fruit salad, but it's really very easy. Little instruction needed, chop the fruit and toss it in the bowl with some sugar." She glanced at Lily, "Is it your first time eating a fruit salad Lily?" Maybe, she seemed pretty clueless on the whole cooking subject, so she must eat out a lot then. But she guessed whatever got you by was what was best. Food could be expensive, but some fast food restaurants wanted a little more than a buck for a cheese burger, it was what was convenient, so that was probably what she ate.
Sara looked at the basket and smiled, "just on the kitchen counter. We have to rinse all the fruit off first." She lead Lily inside her small house, and it was small in most people's opinion, but it was also very well kept, clean, and cozy. A place for one to feel safe. That was how Sara thought of it anyways.
She strolled along to the small polished wooden countered kitchen, pulling out a strainer and letting the fruit fall into it and began rinsing it all off.She did the big fruits on their own, because they'd crush the berries when she tumbled them otherwise. She made sure to give Lily a clear view of what she was doing, then when she finished, she put the fruit away in bags and the fruit basket on the counter. "You rinse your fruit off while I put some of this away, I've picked to much for everyone to eat in one sitting," as she said that, she picked out a large blue plastic bowl, and a cutting board, along with a large knife, laying the knife on the cutting board and carrying on about her business.

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:33 am

Lily thought for a minute. “I think so.” Lily said. She couldn’t be sure if she’d ever eaten fruit salad, than again it was better not to look hard at food out of garbage when you were going to eat it. It made it at least seem more appetizing. “Just the fruit and sugar?” She questioned, that seemed too simple, but the easier it was the better.
Lily nodded and looked around, spotting the counter she moved towards it and set the basket up on top of the wooden surface. “What would you rinse it off for?” Lily asked confused as to why it mattered it the fruit was clean or not. She would clean them since that’s what they did she just didn’t understand why it mattered.
She watched intently as Sara washed the fruits off so that she knew how to do it if she was asked. She hoped that she would be, she wanted to be helpful and not a statue in the middle of the kitchen that got in everyone’s way. Shortly after thinking this Sara asked her to clean off hers while she put some things away. Good. Lily took her basket from the counter and brought it over to the sink. She separated the large and heavy fruits from the smaller ones, like she saw Sara do. “Like this?” She asked as she put the berries in the strainer. She turned on the water running it over the berries. That was what Sara did wasn’t it?
Lily finished rosining of the fruits and moved to the bigger ones. She ran her apples under the water. She hadn’t caught Sara scrubbing them so she just did that. “There.” She said proudly. “All clean.” She smiled. “What do you do now?” Lily had noticed that Sara got out a bowl, a knife and something that she didn’t know what it was.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Sara smiled and nodded at Lily's clueless question on the simplicity of making a fruit salad, though she was surprised to hear Lily wasn't sure if she'd eaten one. "Yup, just sliced up fruit and some sugar to bring out the flavor. It doesn't really need a dressing in my opinion, the fruit juices will season themselves quite nicely. It'll be an easy one to memorize, and you can make it all different ways, just toss in whatever fruit you like. So it can always be different, and very good for you."
She hummed softly as she continued putting thing away, looking over her shoulder as Lily asked if she should wash her fruit. "Oh, we wash the fruit get get the dirt, and any other yucky things off it's surface before we eat it, makes the fruit more pleasant when you add the sugar... I think I'm going to whip up a regular salad to go with it actually. It feels like a salad sort of day. Maybe some boiled eggs, peppers, chives, lettuce, and the left over cold chicken from yesterday... Sorry, just talking out loud."
Sara looked up as Lily mentioned she'd finished, just as she'd brought out everything for the regular salad. She smiled and wandered over. "Now we cut all the bigger fruits up, and put all the little berries in the bowl. You know how to cute apples and pears and things right Lily?"
She took the sharp blade in her hand and took one of Lily's picked apples, cutting it in half, then again, and again until she had perfect portions, scooping out the core and chopping the remains into cubes and tossing them in the bowl.
"There, think you can handle this station?" she asked with another innocent, happy-go-lucky smile.

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Lily listened to Sara as she spoke about how to make it. It seemed easy enough, and it was so far, though she doubted that she was ever going to wash the fruit. She still didn’t get the point. A little dirt never hurt anyone, and it still tasted fine, but she wasn’t going to argue. “Salad sounds good too.” Lily said after Sara finished talking about what she was going to put in it. She didn’t know what chives were, but I didn’t put her off from the idea of eating it.
“No. I don’t cut up my fruit.” Lily said quietly. It was true; it tasted the same whole so she never thought about cutting it up. That took time and energy that she didn’t have. So Lily watched as Sara cut the apple up. She frowned as Sara took out the core of the apple. “You can eat this.” Lily said picking up half of the scooped out core. It was strange both Sara and Luis had done something that made it seem odd that she ate the core of the apple. Well if they didn’t want it she’d just eat it. Lily shoved the core in her mouth munching happily.
“I can try to do it.” Lily said after she finished chewing the apple core. Lily took the sharp knife from Lily and tried copying what she’d shown her. Lily’s weren’t anywhere near being perfect like Sara’s. “Yours looked better.” Lily said picking up a slice of the apple. She looked at looking unsatisfied that she’d done so poorly compared to Sara. Lily put the piece in her mouth before she cubed the apple and tossed them into the bowl. She’d ‘forgotten’ to take the core out. Lily moved on to the next apple, cutting them up until she was told to stop.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Sara smiled and nodded to Lily as she approved of her Salad night idea, though she became curious when Lily mentioned she didn't ever cut up her fruit. How come? She was still lacking the knowledge that Lily was homeless, so she was finding some of it hard to understand. Who had never cut up fruit before?But she didn't let it ruin her opinion on Lily, maybe she had a dysfunctional family or something?
She watched as Lily mentioned the ability to eat the apple core. She scrunched her nose, the idea being foreign to her, as it was to so many well-off people in this world. She watched Lily eat it with a raised brow, it didn't disgust her, because she knew there was nothing wrong with the apple core, she'd just never seen someone so protective over the whole food.
"You never waste a drop do you Lily? I like that, we should be less wasteful in our society." She gave a happy smile to Lily, watching calmly as Lily made her first attempt at cutting an apple. For a first attempt, it was well done. She giggled and shook her head at Lily's comment.
"No no, there's no wrong way to butcher an apple Lily. So long as the apple becomes bite-sized pieces, it's perfect. You've done it just right." She noticed Lily hadn't taken out the apple core, but she didn't complain. It was Lily's fruit salad, she could do what she wanted with it.
"Okay, so you just continue cutting up apples and pears and anything else that looks to big to fit in your mouth in one bite. The rest just gets tossed in the bowl alright? Tell me when you think you've added enough fruit, I'm going to start washing some Lettuce and things." With that said Sara took off into the fridge and pulled out a large bunchle of Romain Lettuce, working on that happily as she pulled the lettuce head apart and started filling the sink with some water and adding the desired pieces to it.
She glanced at Lily with a small smile, "So Lily, you from around town? How much are you getting paid at your new job?"

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:04 pm

“No I don’t.” Lily said. Her voice was flat; it was hard to waste when you had so little. Most of it being what others thought was waste. It was true that she did spaz when she saw others wasting food, but the truth was, if people stopped wasting their food she would have nothing to eat, along with everyone else who lived on the streets like she did. She didn’t mention that, she just smiled back.
“Yours still look better than mine.” Lily repeated even though Sara had said that they looked fine. Not compared to hers they didn’t. Lily didn’t really mind that they didn’t look perfect she was just trying to not let the kitchen go quiet. She’d raise her guard again and be more on edge in the quiet than she would be if they kept a steady conversation going. Silence made everything sound louder. “I cut the pears the same way right?” Lily asked picking one up as she asked. It was easy to see by the look that she gave the pear that she would much rather just eat the thing than cut it up, but she again was going to do things how Sara wanted.
Lily continued cutting the larger fruit into bite sized pieces as Sara worked on the other salad. She would stop and look what Sara was doing from time to time. Mostly due to the quiet that had momentarily come over the kitchen. She wanted to know where sounds where coming from and what was making them. It made her feel more comfortable.
Lily became distracted for a moment when Sara started asking questions again. In her distraction she sliced her finger open with the knife, not deep but enough for it to bleed. Her response to it came automatically, with little thought of where she was. She swore, unhappy that she’s just cut herself open. Instinctively she shoved her finger in her mouth, checking it every now and then to see how bad it was bleeding, not enough for anything drastic. It would stop on its own so she answered Sara’s questions. “Yes, I’m from in town.” She said smiling slightly. “Paid?” She shook her head. “Not in money form. He gave me a place to stay, clothes, food…or he’ll eventually get me food. Sir Draq got..” She paused thinking of better way to phrase it. “..Distracted. But He'll give me more that I could ever ask for.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:13 pm

At first, Sara had thought she may have offended Lily with her wasting food comment due to Lily's blunt reply, but later she wondered if maybe the idea of removing anything from fruits or vegetables was something Lily'd never witnessed before. It did fit in with the whole tight budget thing, but then again, you'd have to have a very tight budget to not be able to waste the smallest portion of food. But who knew? Maybe that's how it was for Lily.
She shook her head with a small chuckle as Lily remained convinced her apple cutting was worse than Sara's. "Practice makes perfect, just keep practicing and you may even get better than me eventually." She paused as Lily asked about the pears, and nodded her head. "Yup, just the same. Just cut it up into bite sized pieces and toss it in the bowl with the other berries and things." She did catch Lily's expression, and raised a questioning brow. Lily must be hungry: she concluded mentally.
She continued to wash the lettuce leaves, noticing Lily's looking over from time to time at noises that caught her ear, attentive girl it seemed. She smiled lightly, meeting her eyes once or twice in a friendly manner as she finished washing the lettuce and stuck them in the spinner, cranking the handle and watching the lettuce whirl around in circles, water flinging away and landing against the plastic protector.
She jumped a Lily reacted sharply after her question. She swore, which was something innocent Sara wasn't used to. She looked over as Lily held her finger in her mouth waiting until Lily removed it so she could inspect it. When Lily did, she saw it was a small cut. She'd be fine. "Here," Sara said cheerily, wandering off and returning seconds later with a small, circular bandage. She peeled off teh white side and muttered, "Hold out your finger please," while Lily answered her question.
The answer did shock her, "You're staying with him? Like all the time staying with him?" Her reasons made sense for someone on tight budget but really? Living with a vampire? She frowned, it wasn't in her place to judge people.
"Distracted huh?" Sara muttered quietly, placing teh bandage on lily's cut professionally with a swift dab before going back to prepare her salad. "You'll be in for a horror show then, I suppose. Mind you, I've only ever heard it from Luis, and Luis exaggerates when he doesn't like something, not that I like it..." She paused, frowning, "Let me guess, he picked a young, naive girl?" The whole vampire charm thing only worked on people of the opposite gender, or people of a different relationship preference. But Draq didn't seem the type o be interested in boys for meals. It was why she wasn't allowed in Luis's shop while it was open. Her poor, over protective husband...
"Sir Draq?" she laughed a bit, "He let you call him that? Aww, cute." She gave a wink and went back to her salad, unloading the lettuce leaves in a bowl and starting to cut up other vegetables to join them.
"But you know, you can't cut yourself while you cook at Roscuro's, or you'll drive the man mad. You must be a brave girl Lily, working 24/7 for a vampire."

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:38 pm

She held her finger out for Sara to cover it with a band aid. “Thanks.” She said smiling. Lily’s smile faded when it seemed to be such a horrible thing that she was staying with Draq. But then she remembered that Sara didn’t know Luis hadn’t brought it up. Maybe she should say something about that. “I don’t have anywhere else to stay.” Maybe she should be blunter. “I lived on the streets.”
Lily returned to cutting the fruit, listening to Sara talk about what Luis had told her about Draq. She didn’t really want to think about that right now. She stopped cutting a pear when Sara moved on to talk about the type of food that Draq had taken home. “Can we not talk about dead stuff?” Lily asked, “It’s not appetizing.” Not that anything could turn Lily away from food, but it was the best excuse that she could think of that would point out, nicely that she didn’t want to talk about what Draq was probably doing right now, or more likely had already done.
Lily returned to the pear scooping up the pieces, putting them in the bowl. “There. I think that’s enough. Do you?” She asked picking up the bowl, tipping it to the side slightly so that Sara could see into it. As expected she had skimped out on it. She thought it was enough for the four of them but, her idea of enough was far different from anyone else’s. She was hungry that was true, but she still kept the proportions that were ingrained into her mind.
“He looked amused too.” Lily commented hearing Sara laugh about her name preference toward Draq. “I don’t get it. It’s polite isn’t it?” She thought it was but maybe it wasn’t. Lily laughed when Sara mentioned that she must be brave. “Being brave and trying to survive are two different things.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Sara blinked, having completely stopped what she was doing when she learned Lily was homeless. "Oh..." She paused, sort of shocked, "Oh Lily, I'm sorry. How ignorant of me, geez." She gripped he forehead as if scolding herself, and shook her head. That tied all the pieces together then. "Sorry, you're right. Ross is a step up from where you were at for sure. You know, not that I was ever homeless, but I did run away from home once during my teen years. Lasted about four days before I needed to go back home. To scary for me." She smiled, "You must be a real tough cookie then Lily. I'm sure you'll be fine."
She covered her mouth as Lily grumbled about not wanting to talk about Draq eating things, once again, she frowned upon her manners, and here she'd been trying so hard to be a good host. Talking about vampires and dead things while they prepped food.
"I'm sorry," she said again, "Of course it's not appetising, I'll stop." She glanced over at Lily's bowl as she declared finished. She shook her head and tutted at the small fruit salad.
"That would only feed Luis, he's got a big appetite you know. Here, cut up two more apples, a couple more handfuls of berries, and one pear into the bowl. That should cover it for everyone, and give some leftovers for you to take home."
She gave a friendly smile and went back to her own salad, pulling out two pre-boiled eggs from yesterday and peeling off the shell and putting it in the kitchen compost bucket. then slicing the egg and tossing it in the salad as well, with all the other vegetables.
"There, now I need to work on the chicken..." Once again, she went into the fridge and pulled out a cut of chicken breast which had been defrosting from yesterday. She pulled out a pan, buttered it and flopped the chicken in. Smiling in satisfaction as it sizzled sharply while she added seasoning to it.
She glanced at Lily as she mentioned Draq also laughing at that name. "It is polite," she agreed. "But these days, people say Mister, or just Sir. Sir Draq is proper, but somehow it has an interesting ring to it. Like I said, I think it's cute. He wouldn't let me call him that, I know for certain. I get to call him by his first name, but then again, I don't work for him..." She shrugged.
"It's true; being brave and trying to survive are two different things... but sometimes you have to use both. I believe you still had to be brave to take that step to survive in such a hostile place. If it were me, I'd be struggling with the decision."

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:05 pm

“No, no. I didn’t say anything.” Lily said rationalizing Sara’s actions. “I really don’t mind. I just thought that I should say something.” Lily looked down at the floor. Her decisions were easier to understand along with her lack of knowledge of knowing how to do simple cooking preparation. Lily smiled lightly, “A few days is enough. Especially if you’re around on a bad day.” Lily stopped there, knowing that Sara, if she hadn’t seen one, she wouldn’t want to know what one was. It was no better than talking about dead things.
“Don’t say sorry. I know you meant well.” Lily said when Sara reacted in a way that made Lily sure that she was upset about something she’d done. So it wouldn’t be fretted over longer than it needed to be Lily changed the subject. “What’s your favorite flower Sara?” Lily asked.
“Oh.” Lily said looking into the bowl of fruit that she’d cut. “Okay.” She said putting the fruit salad back on the counter. Lily picked up the knife and started to slice the fruit that Sara had told her too. She looked up ever time Sara moved to a different place in the kitchen wondering what she was doing, and looking for.
Tossing the cut fruit into the bowl she turned hearing the chicken sizzle in the pan. Lily peered around Sara’s shoulder watching. “Is it good?” She asked. Her concern about meat was high and her asking showed how little she’d eaten good meat. She wasn’t going to not eat it, if Sara said that it was okay then it must be. What reason did she have to give her food poisoning?
Lily smiled hearing that her name choice was correct. “I guess I’m just old fashioned.” Lily laughed at her own joke. She couldn’t be, were would she have gotten from? Most of her ‘crowd’ had either been her age to their 20’s. Most of them in the same position that she was in. They couldn’t learn their behavior from their parents.
Lily shook her head. She disagreed. Hostility was something that was everywhere; you noticed it when you ran around the streets. People hated you for something that you had no control over. Her only form of disagreement was her head shake. She didn’t see the need to express her argument. “I see how that could be.” Lily said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Sara nodded, "Of course, I just didn't expect it. Maybe it's just me being ignorant again...but you looked so well mannered and dressed, I expected you were living in an apartment or something..." So that was it, Lily was homeless. Darn her husband for being a tailor, no doubt had he not been then it would have been much easier to tell Lily's state and background. She nodded as Lily mentioned a few days being enough.
"Yeah, it was rough. I was naive, left during winter, so it was always raining. I finally gave up once I ran out of money, I only had fifty bucks." She shook her head, fifty bucks was not enough to maintain the lifestyle she was used to. Though she knew that to Lily, finding fifty bucks would be a big big deal. Buy a coat and some food, she felt ignorant again for saying only fifty bucks...but this definitely wasn't her best topic.
"I suppose," she muttered, but it doesn't make it right." She had meant well, but it had been so rude due to her lack of understanding. She paused as Lily swiftly changed the subject, which, in a way, she was thankful for.
"My favorite flower? Um...Lotus' flowers actually. I love them, but with all the gardening I don't have room for a pond. My favorite land flower is Bleeding hearts, because I love the petals. What about you? Lilys?" She smiled at the though of flowers, brought back into her favorite state of mind, her gardening. Made her feel cooped up being inside again.
She watched over her shoulder as Lily got to cutting up the fruit she asked, she paused, then smiled, "Oh! Oh wait Lily, I have something else for your salad too. She dashed to teh fridge and pulled out an orange, organic, but not her's. They didn't like to grow in her garden. "Here, cutting up oranges for a fruit salad is tricky because you have to take the peel off." With her knife she expertly shaved the orange peel away and chopped the orange into cubes, dropping the needed amount in the bowl and leaving the rest for Lily to snack on.
"You ever had an orange Lily? They're really good. Full of Vitamin C." She smiled and popped a piece in her mouth before returning to the chicken, only to be accompanied by Lily and interrogated to know if the chicken was tainted or not.
She gave Lily a look, "Is it good? Well...not yet, I have to cook it first. But yes it's fresh, I just got it for dinner today, you couldn't get fresher chicken." She seemed a bit insulted, "I'd never feed my family and guest tainted meat, especially not chicken. That's dangerous." She flipped teh chicken over, smiling at the golden brown skin speckled with seasoning, the smell was mouth watering.
"That's alright, you can be old fashioned, I'm sure Ross will feel more comfortable if you are anyways. Lord only knows how hard that vampire tries to keep up with the world." She shook her head, she couldn't imagine ever being a vampire, she'd starve, wouldn't have the heart to kill anything.
She could tell Lily disagreed with her last comment, but Lily didn't argue, which was fine. She was entitled to her opinion, as Sara was to her's, that was the makings of a decent society.
"Are you looking forward to your new job?" she asked curiously.

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Lily smiled slightly; she was never told that she was well dressed and mannered. She’d heard worse, a lot worse. “Oh.” Lily looked down at her dress. “Sir Draq bought this for me.” Lily said. She didn’t see the need to say anything more. Lily said that it was okay that Sara thought that she lived somewhere. She didn’t see the need to reassure her. Lily listened when to Sara’s story. One fifty would get her by for a long time, but she didn’t say anything. Sara did have one thing right winter would be the worst time to take to the streets. It was wet, and cold. Temperatures dropped drastically at night. Lily made one simple comment. “It gets cold.”
Lily looked at Sara, glad that Sara let the subject be changed. “Lotus Flowers? Flowers grow in the water?” She couldn’t recall ever seeing flowers in the water around the water but not in it. “Oh I like Lilies.” She nodded agreeing, “But I also like…Glads and Dragon Wing.” Lily turned sharply at Sara’s sudden movement; it had startled her, even though Sara said that she that had something for her. In her turn Lily hand spun the knife so the blade was between her middle and ring fingers her palm on the butt of the knife. Lily dropped the knife on the floor before Sara turned around with the orange. She gasped slightly, trying to cover up that she’d been started enough that she had readied herself for an attack. She leant over and picked it up. “Sorry.” She said. She held on to the knife unsure of what to do with it.
“An orange?” She questioned. “I borrowed one once.” She was used to using a different word instead of stealing though it was obvious what she meant since you can’t borrow food. “It’s good, really chewy though.” Lily said, watching as Sara peeled it. Lily picked up a piece as it fell onto the counter. “You can’t eat this?” Lily asked. She had one but that didn’t mean that she knew how to eat it. Lily set the knife one the counter and scooped up the orange.
Lily hunched over sensing that she had done something wrong. She was used to asking about meat. “Sorry.” Lily said, “I don’t eat meat very often. I don’t like getting sick.” Lily said looking down at the orange in her hands kicking at the floor.
Lily popped a piece of orange in her mouth smiling at the sweetness of it. “It’ll be nice to have something to do.” Lily said smiling. “I’ve started cleaning some things. He told me to start in my room.” She laughed. “I started in the bathroom though.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:08 am

Sara nodded, so that made sense then, Ross ha been spoiling her before revealing the dark within, like some beauty and the beast story really. She over looked the dress, "Very pretty. Luis made that one right? Or maybe Tom? I'll have to pester them to find out, Tom doesn't like to admit it, but he's very good at making clothing, better than his dad even, I'd say...but he wants to be a mechanic. Crawl under cars and scare his poor mother to death." She chuckled and shook her head, "but what can a worried mother do?"
She nodded at Lily's flower response, "Glads and Dragon Wing. Oh! Glads, I have a glad in the garden, in fact..." she wandered to her cupboard and rummaged around through small packages filled with seeds, pulling one out and handing it to her, it was filled with around ten or so seeds, labeled obviously for marketing:
Sara's Home-grown Seeds:
Gladiolus
Colour: Mixed

On the back was instructions for watering and sunlight placement. Sara smiled happily and muttered, "A present for you. To help you get your own garden started, and maybe bring some life to Ross's house." She smiled and carried on through she almost dropped the orange at the sight of the knife, and Lily's trying to hide it. She looked a bit spooked, as anyone would when they realised they'd been threatened from behind with a knife. Nevertheless, Sara carried on to cut the orange without saying anything but a, "Oh that's alright," to Lily's apology, "I didn't mean to startle you. I'm harmless, really." She chuckled a bit, cheering herself up.
She got the hint that Lily'd stolen food before from her borrowed comment, but she didn't think any less of her, if she were in the same place, she'd try no different. "Chewy?" she questioned, but her puzzle was solved when she found out Lily'd eaten the skin too. She shook her head, "It not only tastes unpleasant, but it's bad for you too. People with weaker stomachs sometimes can't eat orange peels, but I bet you've had worse, right Lily? It wouldn't make you sick or anything, just yucky.
When she went back to the chicken, she shook her head at Lily's apology, "Lily, I can tell you right now, no person in the right mind messes with chicken meat. You cut it, cook it through, then wash your hands. Raw chicken juice can kill you, and I'm no murderer. If i were plotting against you, I'd give you under cooked beef or something, but never chicken or pork. Know that for when you cook Lily. Take care in chicken and pork. No licking your fingers." She waved a stern finger, her expression so serious it could be taken as nothing less than her caring for Lily's cooking welfare.
"However, when it is cooked, it's delicious, and healthy for you too." She smiled as the chicken finished, sliding it out of the pan and onto a ready plate, whipping out a sharp knife and slicing the chicken up into strips and tossing them into the salad while she listened to Lily talk about her job.
"Good choice. That's were I'd start too, if it's one room you want clean, it's the bathroom. I bet you had to do a lot of cleaning in there, right? I heard Vampires don't really look after their stuff..."

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:46 pm

“Luis told me what it was made out of, but I don’t know who made it.” Lily admitted. She listened as Sara talked about what Tom would rather be doing, which was not the family business. Lily wondered momentarily how many years Luis’ store had been family run, by the pictures it seemed like it was quite a while. Lily shrugged when Sara asked what a worried mother was to do. She wouldn’t know.
Lily smiled when she was handed the package of seeds. She held it in her hands turning it over in her hands to read what it said. “Thank you.” Lily said brightly, looking up at Sara. She didn’t know it Draq would let her plant them or not but it was worth a shot. It would be nice to see some of her favorite flowers around when she wasn’t allowed to leave the place without Draq. Though she had never grown anything so she would probably end up killing them.
“Oh.” Lily said popping a piece of orange into her mouth. “They taste better this way. “ Lily said smiling. “I didn’t like them then.” Not that it mattered what she liked and didn’t she’d eat what she could, unless she’d gotten sick from it. Being sick was awful when you’re healthy, with a weakened body and immune system it was ten times worse.
Lily nodded as it was explained to her how dangerous chicken and pork could be. She’d gotten sick from both and never touched them again. “I don’t normally eat meat.” Lily commented. She probably wouldn’t be asking Draq to get her any either. Food quality wasn’t something that was high on her list. She would end up eating it undercooked or not, and that would end with case of salmonella, or something of the sort.
“It was really dusty. I had to polish the metal.” It made sense to her, what would a vampire use a bathroom for? She shook her head remembering that she had fallen asleep waiting to ask Draq a question. “It was a lot of work, but I don’t really mind.” Lily said smiling softly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:32 pm

As Lily assumed, Luis' family business had lasted a long time, most of which was due to Ross's lack of interest in learning the value of money.
He'd wipe out a hundred for a twenty dollar shirt if it got things done faster. Because of which, he never asked for his change either. To some, it would seem wasteful, but to a vampire, someone that could get by with no electricity or heat, no water, and no need for money due to the plentiful food resources, money was a leaser alone, and if it weren't for the fact Lily'd probably leave if he offered, he'd just hand all his money over to her with a casual shrug. That was the main reason Luis's business had lasted generation after generation, and for that reason, it was the oldest business in the town, all the more reason Luis's would be upset that his son took no interest it carrying it on.
Sara, being a fairly imaginative, carefree sort of lady, had pictured Ross's manson as a wealthy place, probably with more workers, beautiful things, and rooms of money. It was exaggerating, but it was how she had figured things to be there, which was why she was so interested in Lily's new job.
Sara smiled brightly at the thanks she received, followed up by praise for the market oranges and eating them the more appropriate way.
"You didn't like them? Do you like them now though?" She'd hate to think she'd just tossed oranges into someones fruit salad and done a fault. She'd pick them out herself for Lily if that was the case, she loved oranges, as she loved all plants.
Sara glanced over when Lily commented she didn't eat meat, she responded as if she were surprised at first, though into considering it she nodded in understanding. "Makes sense, meat can be risky after the first five days. Have to be careful...but not with my meat. I cook it through, and it's fresh. Cooked today, right in front of you. No bugs or flues included or we'll all suffer together and I'll be the one to blame."
Sara's interest heightened as the conversation drifted back to Draq's home, which she was more interested in than the vampire himself, whom she'd never seen either. She liked sunny days, vampires didn't. She was happy go lucky and prancing around, and was told Vampires shied from to much positive energy. She'd probably just make teh vampire cranky if she ever did meet him.
"Well, once you get it clean it's easier to maintain later," Sara commented cheerfully. "You'll have to tell us what Draq's house looked like over dinner, I'd love to know, I bet it was marvellous."
She placed a hand by her mouth and called, "Boys! Dinner's ready!"
There was a grumble from her son and Luis poked his head in. "May I help?"
"Sure, go pry Tom off the PS for me please," she rolled her eyes and watched Luis sigh and take off.
"Thirteen years of marriage and he still thinks he can trick me," she grumbled softly to herself before smiling at Lily.
"Help me carry the bowls to the table, please?" Then she scooped up the bigger chicken salad and nodded for Lily to take the fruit one.

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Lily nodded vigorously when she realized that her comment about oranges being tough was being taken as her not liking them. “No. No.” She said shaking her hands in front of her. “I like them now. They taste good.” Lily said quickly, upset that she had come close to offending Sara’s food, again. Lily nodded when Sara talked about the chicken. She had seen it be prepared, but she was still a little hesitant about eating it.
“Oh I don’t know. It’s really big..” Lily said. She smiled slightly. “But, It’ll keep me busy.” Lily said with a small smile. Lily nodded when Sara said that she wanted to know what Draq’s house looked like. She didn’t think she could explain it without being pushed in the general direction with questions, but she would try and it seemed that Sara had a few in mind by how excited she seemed.
Lily looked between Luis and Sara when they spoke to each other. “Trick you?” Lily asked, picking up the fruit salad bowl. “What do you mean?” She asked not understanding how Luis had tried to trick her. She didn’t see anything that was strange.
Lily set the bowl down on the table and backed away looking at the floor. She didn’t know what to do now, so she waited far away from the table for instructions or for everyone else to do something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Sara smiled sweetly, "Eat what you can Lily, it'll be in the salad, so you can take as little or as much chicken as you'd like. Luis will have no problem polishing off what you can't eat. " She tossed the salad briefly, thinking for a minute about f it needed any last things, and deciding it could use a bit more peppers, went back to chopping and adding.
She glanced back at Lily as she asked about tricks, she looked puzzled herself a moment, before smiling and giggling, "Oh. Don't pay any mind to it. Luis just likes to linger in the kitchen when he's hungry, he gets in the way and starts picking at the food. He knows I hate it, so he tries to be sneaky about it... There." She scooped up the bowl of salad again and strolled off into the dinning room, putting the bowl down and seeing Luis sitting in his spot, but her son still missing.
She put her hands on her hips, "Tom! It's done! You'll miss dinner, get off your video games!" He came running and took his spot after, obviously hungry.
Sara looked to Lily seeing her standing awkwardly staring at the floor. "Lily? You can take a seat if you'd like. You okay?" She wondered if lily had ever been to a family dinner, if she even knew what to do. She smiled and wandered over, "Sit here okay? Beside me." She smiled and set a plate down for her.
"Now I don't want you to be polite, take as much as you want. We have lots, just scoop up what you'd like, as much as you'd like, and start eating." She smiling again and took seat on her chair, scooching in before watching Luis fill his plate with salad, while tom took a scoop of the fruit salad before putting the bowl down on the table and getting handed the chicken salad by his dad.
Sara took the fruit salad bowl and offered it to Lily.
"Lily made the fruit salad this evening," she announced to her family, and Tom looked up as if this fact startled him, while Luis nodded politely and took a bite, "It's very nice Lily. Thank you."

Back to top Go down
Ama
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Lily hesitantly walked forward pulling the chair next to Sara back. She looked up at Luis and smiled slightly, she was obviously nervous about the whole eating with other people deal. Lily slid down into the chair, looking down at her plate and silverware. She was wracking her brain for table etiquette. But she came up blank in that category. She didn’t know any because she never had to have them.
Lily listened to Sara was saying, nodding as she tried to absorb everything. She kept quiet her hands folded in her lap as everyone took food. She was watching, trying to figure out how this really worked. It looked simple but it couldn’t be. Lily jumped slightly when Sara offered her the fruit salad. She was to intent on watching what was going to pay attention to what Sara was doing next to her. “Oh.. Umm.. Thanks.” She said taking the fruit salad from Sara. She scooped some up onto her plate and set it down on the table. She picked up her fork making a fist around the handle.
Lily’s face turned a bright red when Sara announced that she was the one who made the fruit salad. “No.. No.” She said waving her hands—and fork--- in front of herself. “I just did what Sara told me too.” She said as she put her hands down on the edge of the table. She didn’t seem to notice Tom’s reaction and if she did it didn’t bother her.
Lily seemed to suddenly remember that she had food in front of her, and though her brain told her she knew better her stomach wanted it more than anything. She lent foreword and shoveled the food into her mouth, shoving more in after she’d barely swallowed the last mouth full. It was obvious that she’d switched from etiquette mode to survival mode.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:32 am

Ooc: If you're getting bored with the dinner scene we could fast forward to her being dropped off at Ross's? Imma sorta dry on this scene. X3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lunch [1x1]   

Back to top Go down

Lunch [1x1]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sentrion University :: Roleplaying :: 1x1-
Jump to: