HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Share | 

One:One (Semi-lit+) <3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RabidDustBunny
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:45 pm

Cyrus was tugged down to a sitting position next to Vaix, not terribly happy about having to sit there on the floor with him. He listened in silence to Vaix's persuasions, all the while thinking that the only thing that he really needed to say to get Cyrus to agree had already been said. He could rationalize all he wanted, make this look like a benefit if he felt like it, but the real reason that Cyrus would inevitably relent was that his life was being threatened. As long as he kept alive, he told himself, he could figure out another way to deal with this Vaix problem. Even if he was dealing with an ancient, seven-hundred-year-old monster..

He kept silent as Vaix left, wincing slightly at the sound of the volley of screams his appearance caused. He knew he didn't want to let the order find out about this. He wasn't aboslutely sure that they wouldn't agree with him. They very well might think that teaming up with Vaix was the lesser of two evils. But no matter how it was spun, it would be very clear that Cyrus had been pretty much forced to cooperate with Vaix. He hadn't captured a vampire, this decision wasn't even so much as mutual. He could always lie about it, but there would be people to figure out the humiliating truth. The hunter didn't want to let other people know that he was being manipulated by a vampire, even if it did benefit him in some ways.

He had the good sense to slink over to a nearby bench instead of sitting on the cold ground anymore, shivering lightly. He didn't want to go anywhere. No, that wasn't true, he was dying for a cigarette. Six months off of them, and now after one night with Vaix he would've killed someone to get a fresh cigarette out of their hand. But he couldn't summon up the energy to move. He sat there, thinking about what he could do. Maybe he wasn't as powerless as Vaix had led him to believe. The vampire would be making himself incredibly vulnerable if he stayed in Cyrus's house with him. So vulnerable that it seemed like it would be much safer for Vaix to kill Cyrus once he got his coffin into his apartment. That was most likely the vampire's plan. Otherwise, Cyrus would probably just kill him when he was asleep..

Except the draw of killing so many vampires might have been worth not killing Vaix. He could either run the risk of getting killed in exchange for the possibility of killing all those vampires, or drag Vaix's coffin outside one morning and save his own life. How could Vaix know that Cyrus would be so willing to risk his life for the mere chance of killing that many vampires? Then again.. Maybe he wasn't just trying to make a fool of Cyrus. Maybe he knew that his offer was too good to give up for a headstrong human.. And maybe he really needed the protection that another person could offer to get a secure place to live. It seemed like a stretch, but.. Cyrus could at least take that chance, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:25 pm

When Vaix arrived at the manhole, climbed down into the dark sewer, and found Devonna's electric box, he saw his stuff scattered around the floor carelessly, obviously thrown, all over the walls. He was glad there was no steady stream of sewage, or his stuff would have been toast. His coffin, however, sat peacefully outside the box, so Devonna didn't have a death wish. It was the one thing he'd stressed her when he'd first moved in, it was the thing he'd stress Cyrus about when he moved in with him. You messed with the coffin, you messed with him. You put you're head on the cutting board if you so much as scratched his coffin. But Devonna was a smart girl, she took out her anger on his clothes, and left the coffin alone.
So he scooped up the shredded remains, his trinkets, his shiny objects, and dumped them into the coffin, slung the large box over his back, and wandered back towards the manhole.
Now, considering the size of a manhole to the size of a full grown man's coffin. Getting one to go through, without any scratches, was a work of art in itself.
He smashed the hole through the damn road until it worked for him, and pleasantly lifted his black decorated coffin easily out of the floor. He dusted dirt off it, cursing as he dripped blood over it, then slung it back over his back and strolled along in the shadows towards where Cyrus sat.

All the while his mind was going over what a large risk he was taking, that, in his planning for a better, more easy future, he was putting his life in the hands of a boy that was in emotional turmoil. He would be sleeping all day, humans didn't do that. It would be so simple for Cyrus to open the curtains, and expose him to the light. So what could he do? Kill him once he got the apartment? Then what? Then it was done, no more, he'd milk the town clean of vampires, move to the next and get another damn treaty. No, he needed Cyrus, he'd worked the way he'd had to make Cyrus feel helpless, when really, it was Vaix that was needing to lean upon the boy. He got nothing from killing him, nothing. The boy was his only shot at living a hundred years of his life in satisfaction and health. Something he hadn't known for hundreds of years up until today, and he just couldn't give that up when it was so close.
He had to take the chance, he had to meet Cyrus, move in, and lay vulnerable in their time together. He could only hope that Cyrus had the state of mind to allow Vaix to live, that eventually, he could stop worrying for his life and consider Cyrus loyal. But right now, he was the one about to bake in the eye of heaven.

Vaix looked up, seeing Cyrus sitting where he left him, looking scared, looking emotionally destroyed, looking just as uncertain as Vaix was feeling. But no emotion could be seen through his plaster face smile...ever.
He strolled up to the boy, from behind, having stuck to shadows and roof tops, and gently placed the shiny black coffin beside the hunter.
"You're still here," he muttered with a smile, "I'll assume you either have a death wish, or you'll actually except me...or maybe you were to scared to run away." He sat down calmly on top of his coffin, smiled pleasantly, laced his fingers together and watched Cyrus. "Well boy? You gonna take me in or let me die?"
His eyes were no longer that shade of deep blackened hunger, from his blood fest, from his state of being so full he couldn't drink another drop, his eyes had taken to a sparkling shade of light blue. A huge difference under the will of his soot-black hair. It made him look friendly, more open, more human. Despite the fact he was covered in drying blood, Vaix looked almost human.

If I don't do anything to differentiate my characters, It leads to realization. Let Down. Disappointment. Incontinence. Bloody Stool. Fainting. Death, Heaven. Reincarnation. Hi I'm back.
-Kohta Hirano (From Hellsing V.2)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkvampirelord.webs.com/
RabidDustBunny
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:24 am

"Yes.."
Cyrus said quietly, before realizing that it totally did not answer the question that Vaix had asked. After a moment of silence, he corrected himself.
"I mean I'll let you stay.."
His voice was soft, yet so strained, as if every word was dragged along on a weak little thread that threatened to break at any moment and render him mute. Maybe tomorrow he'd have the courage to try to preserve himself. But for now he was just resigned to his fate. It had occurred to him that he'd been as good as dead when he'd first stumbled across Vaix. If he just decided that his life had ended there, that he should have died, then it hardly mattered what he was up to now. He could run whatever risks he wanted.

Of course, that wasn't true. He had a shining chance to save himself. He could definitely kill Vaix if he didn't get killed himself first. Cyrus didn't really have a chance to not take the vampire in- the only real decision he had to make was whether to kill him or not once he was asleep in his coffin the next morning. And that was only under the condition that Vaix didn't kill him as soon as they stepped through the front door, which was by no means a given.

He glanced toward the lustrous coffin and then stood up. He started off down the street, his pace slow. He'd inevitably speed up once Vaix was beside him, he was just giving him a chance to gather up his things that he'd just set down. Cyrus didn't seem to be much in the mood for talking. Sitting still had made him realize how tired he was. And yet he was so sure he wouldn't be able to sleep a wink with Vaix there. Not at first, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:32 am

Vaix lifted a brow at the boy's first reply. He opened his mouth to say something, only to have the boy speak again, and correct his answer. The peaceful smile stretched into his regular crazed one, and as Cyrus stood, so did he. He grabbed his coffin easily despite it's size, slung it over his back, and trotted onward after Cyrus as the boy dragged his feet along.
Vaix watched him quietly, and the only word he could find to describe Cyrus was: broken. Broken like a wild horse forced into obedience. He tilted his head to one side, and patted Cyrus on the shoulder lightly, giving a sigh.
"Ah, you poor boy, I was too rough dealing with you. Now look at you, you remind me of a slave. But, Cyrus, I don't want a slave, I want a partner. So if you feel you still have enough dignity, hold your head up when you walk and show a little pride. You are in as much power as me, I made sure it'd be that way when I planned it out."
He looked at Cyrus again curiously, looking for a reaction, and anything besides that dead downwards look. Vaix sighed, looking around, people weren't screaming anymore, but they were simply staring, some looked ready to call the cops if their pace hadn't been so casual.
He glanced at one very startled old lady, with her phone in her hand, a finger ready to push buttons. He sighed and called to her, "It's just dye, we went to a party, and I got covered in red dye." The lady gave him a look, the blinked and put her phone away, as well as all in earshot that had been concerned.
"And what a party that had been," he muttered with a content smile, "Not that I'm and expert at killing or anything, cause I like to just eat them and leave 'em be and all...but...you probably should deal with those vampires in the refuge, sometime today, or they'll come back after a period of time. Most hold grudges, believe me, I know."
He paused a moment, before speaking again, "Where do you live Cyrus? Apartment? House? What about money? How are you for money? I can't imagine your job pays a lot...""

If I don't do anything to differentiate my characters, It leads to realization. Let Down. Disappointment. Incontinence. Bloody Stool. Fainting. Death, Heaven. Reincarnation. Hi I'm back.
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:10 am

Cyrus only responded to Vaix's goading him to act more dignified by throwing a glare the vampire's way. He didn't put all that much effort into it, there wasn't any chance of making an impact on Vaix anyway. He could have gone through and described how angry and upset he was in great detail, it would have just as little effect as a quick glare would. They weren't partners. He'd rather be a vampire's worthless slave than their partner.

These stupid people. He wished one of them would have just called the police. Not that it would have made a difference. But their city was swarming with vampires and they didn't even have the sense to recognize one staring them in the face. The blond didn't object as Vaix offered them an excuse, hating everyone that passed them by. Morons. The whole lot of them. They even felt safe walking around at this time- it was all too much. These were the people he was here to protect? And they were just letting him walk by, a vampire's captive, without a word.

"I'll go back there today to get rid of them- an apartment- and no, not a lot of money."
He said, his voice still low, trying to keep his reply as short as possible.
Why was Vaix so keen on interrupting his sulking with all sorts of conversation? There was no way that anything but time was going to have Cyrus feeling any better, and that probably wouldn't even work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 am

Vaix watched Cyrus closely as he got little to no reactions on his attempts to start conversation. Cyrus was so cold. He figured the boy must still be in shock, and as Cyrus predicted, when Vaix received the glare, he made not shift in expression, and merely blinked calmly.
He wandered around, following Cyrus closely for the most part, but his steps swayed with a grace and ease, and he was hardly walking in a straight line, he was all over the place, somehow managing to keep up with Cyrus despite all his messiness. He heard someone muttering under their breath as he passed.
"Well at least they're not driving home."
He grinned, pondered that, and wondered what it'd be like to drive. Vaix had no license, no car, he preferred to walk, probably for the better interest of the world. But he was curious, he'd like to give it a try, despite how slow car's were to him. He could feel Cyrus venting mentally, in distress, pissed off at the stupidity of the uneducated children around him. He trotted evenly until he was standing beside Cyrus again, tilted his head to look at the boy's face, still smiling, having a nice time. He saw the raging eyes lock to his, and with a huff of cold, dead breath, he lifted his head away again.
He smiled as Cyrus finally said something to him. Letting him know about the loose ends.
He nodded calmly, then reached behind him, rooting through a cabinet in the side of the coffin and pulling out a few gold coins, taking Cyrus' hand and dropping them there.
"Here, those are over 500 years old, from England. A museum would pay a pretty penny to have them, and I have no real use for them. Buy yourself something nice."
He smiled pleasantly and continued to stroll along as if nothing had happened, as if he hadn't just dropped three coins worth at least 600$ a piece in the boy's hand, in mint condition.
Vaix checked the sky a moment for the time, and then, seeing they had loads of time, back to Cyrus. "You still mad with me?"

Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Cyrus' fingers locked around the coins, turning them over in his hand. He knew that vampires were often rich, that they often had some trinkets lying around from the past, but.. but nothing like this. Maybe it could be considered a perk of dealing with Vaix. Then again, he was pretty sure he would rather just let the coins rot in his apartment somewhere. Why did he have to accept financial help now? As if everything else wasn't enough? Vaix was somehow making Cyrus into the parasite, in the reversal of the century. A human being a parasite to a vampire- one would never expect such a thing.

"I'm not angry," he quickly snapped, "I hate you. There's a difference."
And Vaix would no doubt know of that difference, especially given that he was such a psychopath. Apparently the offering of money hadn't done much to soften Cyrus up just yet. He was being just as abrasive as ever. If only he could get Vaix to stay away from him by being a total jerk...

It didn't take them long to reach his apartment. It was a middle-of-the-road sort of place, nothing fancy, but neither was it the worst place in town. For a lousy teenager, he was doing pretty well for himself. Most people decided to go to college in order to get employed, but apparently dropping out of highschool was just as valid an option if you didn't mind being constantly strapped for cash and having your life threatened on a nightly basis. There was no doorman- or security cameras, by the looks of it- so Cyrus just lead Vaix into the nice roomy service elevator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:12 pm

Vaix smiled, watched Cyrus look at the coins in his hand, look fascinated. Maybe because he was holding something so old. He watched Cyrus think, then at his question, snap back at him.
Vaix's eyes widened a bit at teh force of the boy's words, the initial 'I'm not angry' to settle him, then that last 'I hate you' to startle him. He blinked, staring at Cyrus a moment, his eyes dilated and constricted as he breathed in and out due to his bloody state, and he narrowed his eyes a moment.
"Ah yes, I know the difference, but you don't." He grinned again, the smile sliding back upon his face as if someone had stapled it that way, and it was more of an effort to not smile than to smile. "You don't know hate until you feel it corrupt and fill your heart, until you eventually lose your mind, and slaughter everything you know and love to fuel it. You don't know hate until you're willing to sell of your soul like cattle to satisfy it. I don't want to hear you use that word until I see it burn in your very soul. Understand?" He continued to smile, almost unfazed by Cyrus' attempt to be a jerk, it didn't work like that for him, in fact, Cyrus would be more startling if he welcomed Vaix. the fact he didn't showed how vulnerable, and unprepared he was. How he absolutely nothing to hide, or anything Vaix should be contemplating with worry. Cyrus's mood was very reassuring for him.
He watched as they came across a bit of a casual building, a lot better than an electric box in the sewer, so he looked eager. He hopped into the elevator and grinned expectantly at Cyrus. "So maybe tonight you can tell me what made you throw your life away for this career? Most people have a story behind their choices. Me for instance, I chose to be a vampire. There's a difference." He was mocking Cyrus for his earlier comment of course, but he was also being friendly, or trying to be.

Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:22 am

There was a thin line between hatred and psychosis, and by that description of hatred it was clear that Vaix wasn't even anywhere near it anymore. This guy was screwed up. Of all the people that Cyrus had to be controlled by, why did it have to be Vaix? He'd lost all sight of humanity so long ago that it was hard to understand what could possibly be going on in his mind (although Cyrus could certainly guess). He wasn't sure at this point if Vaix would become more of a liability from his unstable nature. It depended on how predictable he turned out to be.. and so far, he wasn't very.

The blond sort of glanced over at grinning Vaix, silently deciding whether or not to tell him.
No.
Well that sure was was an easy decision.
"You chose to become a vampire?" He asked, immediately direction the conversation towards that, rather than towards his own flat-out refusal to divulge much. "... Was it for a girl?"
It was so, so often for a girl. He wasn't just asking because he thought that people only make stupid decisions for women, it was just because it was commonly the reason. Especially if it was consensual. Cyrus heard that sort of a story all the time. A human falls in love with a vampire and lets themselves get bitten to stay with them. And, amazingly, it never ended up working out, so then you ended up with two bitter, separated immortals. Needless to say, it was sort of a problem.

They got to his floor and he lead Vaix down the winding hallway. The building might have been in pretty good shape, but the confusing, less-than-ergonomic floor plan hinted that it was probably built a long time ago. He dug around in his pocket for his key, which hung on a ring along with a P.O. box key and an ancient, dead tamagotchi key chain.
"You can just throw the coffin in the.. living room, I guess.." He said quietly as he fought with the lock for a little while, jiggling it for a few seconds before the tumblers decided to turn and allow the door to open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Cyrus had gone quite again, he seemed to do that whenever Vaix didn't ask a question. Or maybe the whole hatred thing had been to much for Cyrus. Either way, they were both left with an awkward air Vaix was having trouble swallowing. But what had he expected from his speech? An "Oh yes, you're so right Vaix. I'm going to sell my soul to the devil and destroy everyone on earth because you're my idol."? Well...that'd be nice, but he wasn't expecting it.
He also noted how cleverly Cyrus avoided the subject of telling his own story, and lead Vaix down the path of telling his own. He didn't mind. What happened 700 years ago couldn't hurt him now anyways. At the hunter's guess as to why, however, he broke into a course of harsh laughter. "A girl?! You think I'd do it for some girl?!" He became chillingly calm in seconds, " Nah, I did it for my mother... I guess. Actually, if I have to pick someone I did it for, it'd be more myself. You see Cyrus, immortality can make you crazy, it can make you lose you mind, but once you've lost it, you can't lose anymore. Me, I lost my mind far, far before I became a vampire. If that gives you any comfort, I was a monster even before I was a monster." He grinned. "I had an older brother, named Luis. But he'd moved out with his wife, so I never really met him. Me and Luis were the sons of an Aristocrat named Nicholas, and we were happy for a while. We had a nice house, good job, I still lived with my mother, and then..." He frowned, "The king called upon her, and our dad wasn't our dad anymore, and a few months later, she had a third son. James...but he's changed his name to Iggy now. He was a sickly....runt. The king didn't expect much of him, and he sucked up all of mother's time, and all of mine." He narrowed his eyes, "That thing, was supposed to be the king of England you see. But he was lucky if he could sit up on a good day. I hated him. I hated him for making me a Bastard, I hated him for the time he took away from me, and the power he controlled. So I tried to kill him, I grabbed the kitchen knife and tried to kill him." He laughed, at this point so wound up in his past he didn't even notice Cyrus or any reaction he might be having, "Mother freaked, and she kicked me out of the house because of that rat living in her bed, and I sold my soul for his demise, and I kicked the door in, and I slaughtered my whole family!" He laughed harder, almost in tears. "They all died, all of them, except for him. James, whom I'd left to bleed out, lived, because I had so foolishly injected him with immortality in my attempt to end him. I found him a hundred years later, he was a walking skeleton, still sick, but better because of me. I killed my family to try to get rid of him, and all I did was make him better. I HATE HIM!" he roared, "I've been hunting that rat for 700 years and he's still alive?! I've slaughtered thousands...no...Millions of vampires in hopes one might be him in disguise. Isn't that funny." He grinned, watching Cyrus closely a moment before his smile faded, and he looked almost scared, "Isn't it strange, when I was human, I killed the humans...and as a vampire, I kill the vampires...Heh...I guess I was just made to be a cannibal."
That was the last he talked, interacted, he just stared blankly ahead as Cyrus struggled with his apartment lock, opened it and instructed him to lave the coffin in the living room, though personally, he'd have liked it better in the closet. He didn't complain, only walked forward into the living space and looked around, the smile gone for now, and almost spooked, past haunted eyes looked around, taking in his surroundings.

Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Cyrus had kept his back to Vaix as he finished out his tale, keeping himself very busy fighting with the stupid lock on the door. He honestly didn't want Vaix to be able to see his expression. The boy had gone a little pale, wide-eyed.. It seemed that no matter how desensitized to weirdness he gt, Vaix could just keep freaking him out. That guy was a total nutjob. He'd been just as psychotic in life as he was now. Yes, he sounded like he'd had a painful history, but.. that was not a reason to slaughter his family. And Cyrus had just let him into his apartment. Every functioning, logical neuron in his mind was leading him to the conclusion that he was just being incredibly, incredibly stupid by even showing Vaix this sort of a refuge.

The apartment was scarcely furnished, with a small pile of cardboard boxes heaped up against the far wall. Cyrus was a new-comer to this city, after all. But even though he was still clearly in the process of unpacking, it didn't seem like he would make the apartment any less sparse and bare. He was still just eighteen. He was practically a child. He just didn't have all that many possessions to his name. That was most likely the reason that he'd even ended up here- he was so mobile, not tied down in the least. He could just up and move at any time.

"So.. over there, I guess.." Cyrus gestured blandly towards the couch/tv sort of place.. which would probably have passed off as a living room. And without even a backwards glance at Vaix, he headed off towards a closed door, the one that most likely housed his bedroom. He certainly wasn't the most open, warm host, that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blacksoal
Verifier

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Vaix didn't need to see Cyrus's expression to see the boy was in shock, and he wasn't surprised. His story could put anyone into a state of shock. He began to regret telling Cyrus something so dark and personal, as they were still on that bridge where his life could be ended at this very dawn. He sighed, the smile having left after his story, replaced with a chilling calm that was alien to himself. He hadn't spoken about his past in so long, he felt regretful. It was true, Vaix was one messed up cookie, but he wasn't heartless. That night, he'd killed his mother in fury, by accident. He took it as punishment for his life's sins, and Iggy was still running around out there, and Vaix still hunted him with the uttermost stupidity.

He glanced at Cyrus, wondering for a moment in his current streak of sanity, if maybe this boy could be his redemption. Maybe. It would take a lot to wash his hands clean. He set the coffin down in the living room as instructed, positioning it like a coffee table and resting his feet upon it. He looked over at Cyrus as he made a retreat into his room and sighed.

The apartment wasn't anything special, but to a buy who'd just finished living in the sewer, it was a great improvement. Vaix had no complaints, in fact, he was excited. He didn't expect any warm welcome from Cyrus, he hoped the boy would grow to tolerate him, but right now, he doubted the kid wanted anything to do with him. That was fine, he'd do stuff on his own. Vaix looked at the TV sitting in front of him, being a man of the past, living in sewers, paying little mind to the evolution of life, he had no idea what it was. He stood, stepping over the coffin, and placing a hand on the screen of the black box. He tapped at it lightly, sniffed at it, but smelt nothing but a strong wave of dust. He frowned, narrowing his eyes at it before grumbling, "What are you supposed to be?"
No reply, naturally.
Vaix waved a hand over the screen, "Hello? Do you talk? ...listen, I don't like you. You stay there and I'll stay in my coffin and no body will get hurt, understand?" He narrowed it eyes at the TV, seeing his reflection in the screen and not recognising it due to the fact he was still covered in dried blood.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   

Back to top Go down

One:One (Semi-lit+) <3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3