Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

One:One (Semi-lit+) <3

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Vaix tilted his head as Cyrus internally fumed, which was much more noticeable than the boy seemed to realise, when the hunter finally did snap. He grinned, laughed a bit, rather harshly and loudly. Then he stood once more, hands in his pockets posture slouched in a casual way as he watched the boy reach his limitations to patience. Vaix was still not concerned, not if anything, he was more relaxed than ever. At this point it seemed the hunter was becoming clouded with anger, and confusion. Adrenaline no doubt thickening his blood and clouding his senses, making him even less of a threat to the old vampire than ever before. He smiled pleasantly, his head tilted to one side as he watched the boy fume. "You know," he muttered, "that's the first time I've heard you talk today. I must say it wasn't what I was planning for this conversation to start out as. You really are upset aren't you? Is it because I'm misbehaving? Not some brainless twit rushing you and planning to fight you? Listen, because quiet honestly, if I wanted you dead, I could have done it three times already tonight. First mistake, you let me come close to you, second, you even let me ruff up your hair, I could have easily whipped you against a wall or something and ended you, third, you insist on showing your anger to me, which is a downfall. Even as we speak you are blinded by rage, if anything you would become the one to rush me, and honestly, If I can dodge bullets...I can dodge and counter attack you fatally just as easily. You want to kill some scum, go pester the kiddie vampires. Your messing with someone you haven't even come to match. If I were you, I'd take the invitation to be my friend." He smiled warmly, stretching out a hand as if he wanted to shake, "I'm still to know your name boy. That's quite rude you know."
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkvampirelord.webs.com/
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Ooc: bumps... X)
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:28 pm

(( Oh hey there o3o;. ))

Cyrus was pretty sure he was going to die if Vaix felt like killing him. The vampire made a pretty good point- he could've killed him a bunch of times already. And bullets didn't seem to phase him as much as they did most vampires that the hunter had encountered. Any way he looked at it, he was now looking for a way out of this, hoping to salvage as much of his pride as necessary.
Attacking would keep his pride in tact. But it would also probably get him killed. And offering to be friends with Vaix just seemed like a bad idea. He didn't want to play the vampire's game. Besides, just as soon as he reached out to shake, the vampire could rip his arm off and laugh about it. He was either going to run straight into his death or get tricked into it. He had to stall while he considered. The blond glanced down at the vampire's hand, as if almost tempted to shake it. He was getting pretty desparate. However, he still refused further physical contact. He wasn't outright making friends. However, at least this way he had some chance of getting kept alive by a vampire's whim.
"Barr. I'm Cyrus Barr.."
Great. Now the vampire knew his name. He could run off and tell all of his vampire friends how entertaining it was to rip helpless, clueless Cyrus Barr apart. And maybe the story would even get back to the hunters, so they could use him as an example of exactly how a rookie could screw up. He regretted giving his name, wishing that he'd at least had the presence of mind to come up with a fake one, and cursed the fact that he clearly wasn't very good at this. Or he was just having an off night.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:25 pm

Vaix grinned his willy psychotic grin as he watched Cyrus become stricken with the reality of his situation, how very cornered he was. Though Vaix had to admit, the boy was incredibly lucky that his first Nosferatu* had been Vaix. He was a tease, but he was convinced there was more to life than killing pests that tried to shoot you. Most like him would kill Cyrus and be done with it, because they felt themselves so very powerful and godly that they forgot what they really were. He hated them, he'd met many like that, and usually he just killed them off, rare as they were.
He blinked as the boy refused to take his hand, and let his own slid smoothly into his jeans pocket when he caught on that he would not be granted a friendly shake. But at least now, he had a name. The grin on his face widened vastly to uncomfortable looking measures. "Cyrus Barr," he repeated, sounding the name out. "What an interesting, colourful name you have. Reminds me of mecha, machines if you will... You look worried. So you did give me your real name. How trusting of you, I'm honored. I'm glad we're finally getting somewhere, as I stated before, I have no interest in killing you, not the slightest in even hurting you Cyrus... Actually, I really was hoping for a hunter friend, dangerous as it may be." He laughed, "look at me, talking basically to myself. You don't really care what I say do you? You'd much rather pump me full of your bullets...oh right, I'm still bleeding." He touched the back of his head, as well as his chest, licking blood from his hands before he purred in an inhuman way. "I need to eat some stuff before day break or I'll bleed out. That'd be a shame,after meeting such an interesting person." He laughed, "actually, I haven't been eating healthy for a long while now. Not a long while...that girl was hardly what I was looking for. But it can't be helped, not when your world domination vision has been crushed by some hunter who takes a fancy to ripping the fangs off his prey. Of course they grow back, mine did. But I can't turn anyone into a vampire anymore, not a soul. That's girl you shot...you killed her, not me. Such a waste, there's so little vampires around these days. I wonder who's fault that is?" He grinned at the boy then grumbled, "I'd love o eat you right now...just saying. But I won't, because that too would be a waste. I need you, I need you alive so you can help me, and you will Cyrus Barr. I know you will whether you like it or not... want to help me get some food? I'm starved." With that he quite suddenly twisted, and walked away, bleeding down the sidewalk as he went. Yeah, Cyrus would help him. He was soo glad a hunter had come into the area, someone who could get around his blasted contract with Devonna. He wondered if Cyrus would be so observant as to notice the paper he'd left behind. The paper that had an address, and quite clearly stated what it was. It was that dam vampire refuge, out of his hunting grounds purposefully. "Be seeing you Cyrus!" he called, before he broke into a trot. He did need food, he needed something now. If Cyrus and turned to watch Vaix run down the street he would have seen the crazed vampire running, then quiet randomly grabbing a man that walked by and ripping into the alley with him.

(*Nosferatu- vampire term used for extremely upper class vampires, always old, and usually very powerful, preferring the blood of their own kind for sustenance rather than that of humans.)
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Cyrus had remained in stony silence throughout Vaix's entire monologue.
His first reaction was one of moderately annoyed confusion. Making fun of his name.. calling him a robot. He didn't think he sounded like a brand of mecha at all. And then of course Vaix realized that Cyrus had given his real name. How annoying. He could've just claimed that this was a fake name, had he the presence of mind. Now he felt no reason to dispute it. He'd just given a vampire all the means he'd need to track the hunter down in the future.
Cyrus was a total screw-up.
And his feeling of screw-up-ness was only deepened when Vaix mentioned that the girl wasn't turned into a vampire.
Could he believe anything that Vaix said? For some reason, the blond had been assuming that the vampire was trustworthy. After all, he'd said he wouldn't kill him and then he hadn't. That was pretty trustworthy. And he was being pretty honest about wanting to eat him.
He stood and stared in the direction that Vaix had disappeared off into. His mind was whirling with all that he'd just said. He was going to help him? How so? Why would he ever agree to help a vampire? And what was-?
He stooped down and picked up the paper. An address. Vaix had to have let this. Suddenly, Cyrus realized that having a vampire offering him tips on where to hunt might not be the worst thing in the world. He was fairly sure he was just being manipulated for whatever secret goals the vampire had for him, but he could benefit from this relationship as well..
Just as he was starting to feel a little bit better about the encounter, he remembered the girl. He hesitantly paced over to where she lay, and knelt down next to her. None of the usual necrosis or swelling around the vampire-inflicted wound was present. It just looked like two neat little pin-pricks. Her body hadn't responded to any poison at all.
Which meant.. He'd really killed an innocent person. Although on the same token, he reminded himself that she was going to die anyway. And then he brutally condemned that thought. He was supposed to be protecting people, that was the entire reason hunters existed. He hadn't even killed the vampire. Her life had been wasted..
He wished he felt guiltier about that.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:25 pm

It was true, while Vaix's venom didn't change them into a vampire, he didn't spread his infection, it didn't stop him from taking the persons life entirely. The man he'd caught was dead, drained dry. If he'd stopped before 40% of the blood had been taken, the man would have lived, but Vaix wasn't like that. He drank all that was there, because he was always hungry. Mortal blood barely sustained him anymore. He needed the vampires in the refuge to be drawn out, a hunter with a gun could do that, and though Vaix's contract clearly stated he couldn't hunt in those grounds, or attack anything there, it didn't mean he couldn't go there, protect Cyrus to get what he wanted. He'd get it, he had the boy cornered after all. If the boy didn't go, he'd be basically declaring he no longer wanted to hunt vampires, he was just another dude with a big gun. Vaix abandoned the body in the dumpster and wandered back the way he'd come, walking past the alley where Cyrus stood watching the girl. He stood there a second, watching him curiously, then called, "don't go there yourself boy, there's far to many for you. Tomorrow night okay? mall it over at home, I'll be there at dusk, earliest I wake up okay? I better not see your splattered remains..." He chuckled, glanced at the sky, then muttered, "it really was such a glorious night tonight, don't you think?" He grinned, then was gone with a blur of shadowed movement. There was no way he'd let Cyrus follow him home, it was too risky on his life. Besides, Devonna was probably already there. He stopped his run at a manhole down another narrow one man alleyway, lifted it easily and climbed down, placing the lid back on carefully. Devonna's lair was a hollowed out electrical station box, it was large, because the building it had been used for had been large, it was out of date, and untouched because of the padlock that closed it on either side, the padlock rotated from being locked on the inside, to being on the outside depending on if someone was in there. He tested the outside lock and watched with grim satisfaction as it opened easily, so Devonna was inside already. He knocked on the metal door, there was silence, the the sound of a faint breath as Devonna scented to see who was at her door, then opened it with a grim smile. "Oh it's you," she grumbled through her lipsticked red lips and rat nest overdone hair, her boy of the evening lay devoured in the corner of the space, with a look of contentment as he died the way most men would dream of dying. Devonna was a regular slut.
"Get that out of here," Vaix growled to her, wandering in, grabbing the body and tossing it into the sewer stream, then retreating in. He'd convinced Devonna to allow him to bring his coffin in here, that was where he slept, the bed was where she slept. He preferred the coffin, even i they were underground in a metal box, he needed the coffin for security that could never be explained to any mortal or typical day vampire like Devonna. He watched her lock the place up again, and take a seat on her bed. "You sure stayed out early, you smell of gun powder."
"I should," Vaix muttered with a smile, "I met a hunter on my first trip out..."
Devonna stiffened instantly, "a hunter! Here! In this town! Did you kill him? He didn't hurt you did he?"
"No no," Vaix laughed, "he was a rookie, easily dealt with. Everything's fine, he's no concern to me." He watched Devonna calmed as he gave her the sly half truth of the situation. You locked up the vampire refuge too right?"
"Yeah of course I did, no ones getting in there."
"Good," Vaix smiled. Pulling the lid from his coffin and pulling off his shoes, then sitting on the fine purple leather interior, "sleep well then." With that he pulled the lid of his coffin over his head and fell asleep as the sun began to rise. There were only two things that could ever wake a sleeping vampire, blood, and their own demise. Neither was a good way to wake up, and just as well, a vapires sleep was more like a dreamless blackout, one minute you were there, the next, you weren't. Just a corpse all over again...only to come too the next night and have to see what you missed while you were away. Nothing much changed for him in his sleep though. He woke up to the same velvot coffin top, and the same metal shack, and stinky sewer. It took him under half an hour to fall into unconciousness...
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:35 pm

(( Waita go, Devonna xD. ))

Cyrus started when Vaix spoke to him. He'd had no idea that the vampire had come up behind him. Yet another way that he could've ended up very, very dead that night.
Tomorrow night. He made no sign that he was agreeing, or even listening. But he was. He hated the idea of dealing with vampiers in any other capacity than what it took to kill them. And although going on this hint was utterly blasphemous and ill-concieved on even the best of days, Cyrus was going to do it. He knew that this would probably get him more than killed, but he just didn't see why Vaix would go so far to draw him to some other place to kill him. Did he really care about toying with him that much? Was there even a point in humiliating him if he just ended up getting eaten by a hoarde of vampires anyway?
But Vaix wanting these vampires dead.. it was almost crazy enough to make sense. Vampires had all sorts of vendettas against each other- not to mention worlds of hidden motives. The only thing that really wasn't making a lick of sense to him was why Vaix would even bother to get him involved in this. If he knew the location of a vampire refuge and he wanted to disrupt it- and was going to be present for the occassion anyway- then why not cut out the middleman? Maybe he'd just find it so amusing to see Cyrus ripped to bits by hundreds of vampires? Or he wanted to send a message to the order that sending hunters to this region would end in horrific deaths? But, on the other other hand, then he could've just tipped the vampires off on the presence of a hunter.
Cyrus didn't understand this. At all. And that was the real reason that he shouldn't have been doing this. It was also the real reason that he was definitely going to do this. He could not pass something as reckless and dangerous and mysterious as going to a vampire hideaway.
The blond left the dead girl without a second thought about her. Why couldn't he be a good enough person to feel miserable about this? He was somehow just so convinced that it wasn't quite his fault. Besides, he was too busy thinking about how he could keep himself alive. The only solution he could come up with was.. listening to Vaix so he didn't get killed somehow. That didn't sound so bad, as long as no one found out.
He hiked all the way back to his hotel room, showered, and then curled up in bed to lie awake for a couple hours trying to figure out what to do.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Devonna sat on her old box spring mattress, watching the coffin with narrowed eyes. She was more of a day bird. She could stay up earlier than most vampires, though Vaix woke up earlier than her, she guessed it was his age. She fluffed her blond curled hair and muttered o herself as she heard his breathing stop. He was out. It would be just so, so very easy to carry his coffin away somewhere, leave it in the middle of the street and have him wake with such a start. Who slept in coffins anyways? Vaix was the very reason there was vampire stereo types. Even if a cross had no effect on a vampire, did Vaix like it? Noo, it was bad luck, get it outta here. Bad luck? If anyone knew bad luck, it was her. She was stuck with the crazy, old, cannibalistic vampire. Even if she had managed to save her hide and her friends hides with a contract of agreement, saying she couldn't be harmed by him in anyway, and he could hurt a thing, or hunt withing a one mile radius of her home, she still didn't feel safe sleeping and knowing there was a killer sleeping right next to her. He woke up earlier than her every morning, and breathed down her neck as if fighting the urge to just suck her dry. She knew he did that too, because she woke up with his breath stuck in her nose, and his scent down her neck or her wrists. She felt herself already beginning to pass out, she couldn't last much longer, and like usual she'd pass out on her bed without even tucking herself in. But in a way, her letting Vaix stay here protected them all, if not, Vaix could have found somewhere else to stay, and they could all be unprotected, and slowly killed off one by one. What was worse was she knew he was toying with her. He breathed down her neck to warn her not to mess with him, because he was..well, he used some fancy word for it, stared with an N sounded a bit spider related at the end. Apparently he was some mega vampire. He could shove that lie up his ass. He was just a geezer, a crazy old kute driven mad by his cannibalistic preferences. What was worse, was he loved a challenge. He was the type of guy to do something, only because he wasn't allowed to do it. Dam, she should just push his coffin in the middle of the highway. Problem solved. Someone could run him over and they'd be done with him and his crazy mind games.
Devonna sighed, figuring she way as well put her self to bed properly tonight. She pulled the blankets away, then slid into bed and tucked them around herself, laying on her side away from the mess she'd gotten herself into, and fell asleep.
---
It was about 6:30pm when Vaix regained consciousness, he lay still a long while, eyes remained shut as he listened to his surroundings, then when he felt secure enough opened his eyes. He was greeted by the cushioned purple velvet pillow on the roof of his coffin. He gripped the installed handle sliding the door open and sitting up smoothly. He looked over at Devonna, it seemed she'd property fallen asleep last night. The content expression on her features, as well as the way she la and was tucked in showed that clearly. He yawned out of habit, stretched his stiff body, then stood, wandering to her bedside, and for sometime he merely stared at her. Dam he was hungry, and Devonna's limp form didn't help. Though the outline of his day was reassuring enough for him to ignore her yet again. He patted her shoulder gently, smiling, then turned and wandered out leaving both exits unlocked for her seeing as how if he locked the outside, she couldn't get out.
The vampire refuge was located directly above him, in the abandoned house for Devonna's hollowed out electric box. He pushed open the man hole, seeing the last after glow of the sun as it left the sky to the moon. He made his way to the refuge door, waiting patiently, and wondering silently if Cyrus would come. If he didn't he most definitely wouldn't be left alone, no doubt Vaix would follow him everywhere every night spoiling any hunt he attempted until he agreed. He had a feeling, however, that Cyrus would relieve him of his trouble tonight.He waited patiently, hearing the other early risers beginning to sturr inside the old house.
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Cyrus slept terribly. He woke up no less than four times, and he couldn't sleep past ten. He didn't leave his room until twelve, just sort of milling about. He hadn't anticipated being so conflicted about trusting a vampire. He'd always been trained with such a black and white view of what he could and couldn't do. It seemed like he was flagrantly violating the rules here, and he knew that there would be serious consequences.
He somehow made it through the day, and even managed to eat in that little cafe this had all started in, and soon enough the sun was dipping down in the sky. He waited for it to be completely dark, having no desire to be early for the night's main event. He didn't want to be the one stuck waiting outside either. He waited until he was quite sure that the vampire could go out and would've had ample time to reach the address, and then he set off.
A street light flickered as he made his way down the darkened city streets. He could hear voices far off, and the usual background din of traffic, but he felt as if the night was a little quieter than usual. It was undeniably eerie. Cyrus did not want to be here. But it was too late to back out now. Besides, he'd been thinking this over all day. There was no way of avoiding this.
If only he hadn't gone after that girl.
He was near the address, and believed he could see the figure of Vaix waiting for him just outside the door of the house in question. So this was.. really going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:57 pm

By the time Cyrus did appear, Vaix had almost begun to get nervous as to if Cyrus was going to show. All the vampires in the refuge had woken by this point, he could hear the faint muttering on the other side, he'd heard his name more the fifteen times in his time standing here. Once or twice a vampire had opened the door, stared at him, then retreated back inside as he smiled. They were unaware of the fact a hunter was coming for them, and he was more then grateful that he would be properly eating tonight. It took a lot of his will to not simply lung into that refuge and rain terror over them, but if he wanted a place to stay, this was how it had to be done. No one would be able to testify different on poor standbyer Vaix who merely watched as vampire's were driven from their home and slaughtered. As soon as he caught Cyrus' scent he'd straightened himself up, excitedly, and upon seeing Cyrus come over to him, he grinned. The life in his features indescribable as he basically bounded over to Cyrus, lapped an arm over the boy's shoulders and stopped him before he got into ear shot of the rest. "Cyrus, my friend. You made it after all, I'm so glad. All in one piece I presume? No cuts, bumps or bruises to slow you down? Alright listen," his grip on the boy's shoulder grew tighter. "There's got to be about 70 or more vampires in there, about every vampire in town in in there. I just want you to do you're job, and I just want to do mine, we're both on the same page, and no one will come near me, you as long as you stay by me you'll be okay, got it?" His grin was a vast ear to ear sort, revealing his set of wickedly sharp canines that drooped over his layer of bottom teeth, and almost lapped his bottom lip. His eyes had an eagerness to make any sane person uncomfortable under their crazed stare because Vaix wanted this, more than anything, he needed it. He needed it now...
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:34 pm

Cyrus, being something of a sane person, was incredibly uncomfortable. He could feel the dreadful cold of Vaix's body next to his. And seventy vampires didn't sound like something he was going to look forward to.
"Look, I'm fine. What exactly do I have to do?"
He just wanted to get this over with. He could be happy about leading to the deaths of vampires later, but for now he just wanted it to be over as quickly as possible. He didn't like dealing with Vaix, all the more so because he seemed absolutely insane. Cannibals were never normal, of course, but he hadn't expected one to be quite as unnerving. He expected that he was just going to go running in there, guns blaring. And.. the rest was sort of fuzzy. All he knew to expect now was that he'd get mangled if he strayed too far from Vaix.
Why did he need to be here if Vaix could really just go in and kill all of those guys, he wondered. Was he just bait to get them out and fighting? He was beginning to fear more and more for his safety. If he had any sense left, he would've fled by now.
But think of all of the vampires he could get killed by Vaix. This madman could be his ticket to exterminating such a huge number of vampires. And really, even if the plan was leading to his death.. Well, he was giving it up for exactly what he was supposed to be giving it up for. His goal didn't have to be to live through his days hunting, it could just be to trade his lifetime for as many dead vampires as possible. The order had taught Cyrus something, at least.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Vaix didn't move, he stared at Cyrus, reading his expressions, and through that, his thoughts like an open book. "Just do your job Cyrus, that's all," and that was all, it was all he needed. Devonna wouldn't be happy about this, she'd probably yell his ears off for it. Even if he hadn't broken the treaty, he snaked through it and done the very thing it stood to prevent. If he got this boys trust, there wouldn't need to be any dam treaty, he could stay with Cyrus, and he could rip things apart as he pleased. Cyrus wouldn't stop him, because it was also what Cyrus wanted, in truth. It was just a matter of getting the boy to trust him enough for Vaix to feel comfortable dragging his coffin into the boys home, and exposing himself in such a way that Cyrus could so easily end his life. If he lived through the first night of that however, then they were in business. Good to go for the next hundred years, until Cyrus retired of passed on. He couldn't wait. He wished every hunter was as easily persuaded as Cyrus.
He watched the door open again, a meager vampire peered out, looked at the pair standing in the distance, and upon making eye contact with Vaix, however, shuddered and retreated again into his now unsafe refuge. Vaix tensed, his mouth parted, to breath in the scent that haunted and teased him, then muttered, "just do your job my friend, I'll be right beside you the whole time...go." His arm on Cyrus' shoulder twisted and shoved his back sharply towards the building, he stalked behind the hunter, eyes gleaming with irrepressible lust to feed. His mind working out just how he'd do it. He'd pick one...one group...the biggest group that ran away, he'd scare them out the extra meter,out of the contracts way, then he kill the lot of them. He'd be full, satisfied, then spend the rest of the night getting to know his new friend.
"What a wonderful, spectacular, glorious night it is today," he breathed.
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Cyrus was fairly sure that this ordeal was going to end in his death. But he shrugged, trying to take it all in stride and remain nonchallant. Of course he didn't really feel so nonchalant, so that was difficult, but he managed to keep it together quite well.
He approached the door with Vaix in tow, figuring out just how he'd go about doing this. He had to flush them all out of the house. That was a given. The only worry he had was that they'd dig in deeper into their house to defend themselves. If they scattered or rushed at him like he needed them to, or even better, if they tried to flee, he'd be golden. He just didn't want to have to go through any trouble to dig them out, because they had the advantage the second he had to go poking around their home. Of course, it didn't seem that it'd be that way. A vampire had already appeared in the doorway. There were too many to seek shelter and hide in there, if Vaix's estimated numbers were correct.
He just tried the doorknob. Locked. Well of course, he hadn't actually expected it to be that easy, he'd just hoped that the vampires were lax in their security. As if a lock could keep him out. Still no turning back.
He reached into his coat, shuffled around for a bit, and produced a flash grenade. He pulled the switch, kicked in the door with a sharp blow near the doorknob, and lobbed the flashbang into the dark recesses of the house.
Game. Time.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Vaix followed Cyrus with the same relaxed posture as always. He appeared no different physically than in his everyday life, however, the look in his eyes spoke an entirely different language. He looked eager, beyond eager, determined to the point of being stupidly stubborn, and something else that could only be decoded as hope for finally getting a decent meal. He was very, very glad Cyrus had not used a flash grenade on him in their first encounter. Had it blinded him, he'd have been pissed beyond reasoning, and Cyrus wouldn't be here to help him today. He'd actually been about to kick the door down for Cyrus, only to have the mortal prove he could accomplish that on his own. Though Cyrus could not see what lurked in the dark of the home, Vaix could, he saw the masses of crowded vampires inside, cringing back as the door was kicked down. He looked curious as the grenade was pulled, and thrown, but he knew enough to cringe at the blinding flash of light before it stung his extremely sensitive, nocturnal eyes. Even artificial light could give a vampire a migraine if they stared at it directly for more than a second. He did not see their reactions of course, but he certainly heard them, the screams. He grinned, anything but a sane grin, and drooled. Straightening himself up to stare at the damage of the house's residents, many were holding bleeding eyes, others had fled. Some of the smarter vampires had already evacuated the building, and like startled deer to the cougar, no one even remotely came near Cyrus. Had Vaix not been looming over the boy, Cyrus would probably already be dead, but Vaix was the vampire of vampires, the lamb didn't attack the lion...and live. If they did he could always protest self defense, and get away with it. Many of the more aggressive vampires were hissing threats at Cyrus, others were hiding deeper in the house, but by this point more than half had fled out through the windows, though not in groups as Vaix had hoped. He figured they'd group after the ordeal. He stood casually behind Cyrus, following behind him like an ominous shadow. The grin across his face was unforgettable to whoever looked, anything but sane, ear to ear and vast, psychotic, because he was enjoying every moment of it. His fangs gleamed as a sinister form of light in the dark, and the vampires that stayed to contemplate an attack seemed almost mesmerised by the smile, despite the expressions, they didn't move, even if Cyrus where to fill them with lead bullets.
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:49 pm

(( I might be even more super sporadic posting for the next week x3x;. Prom is friday, and I won't get home from work until 10:30 from Monday through Thursday, which is really fail. So sorry in advance. ))

Vaix wasn't killing anything yet. Cyrus didn't know what his deal was.
"They're getting away," he growled- almost grumbled- sounding sort of huffy and rather frustrated. He was really pissed, but at the same time he knew he couldn't be lecturing Vaix about anything. Vaix could kill him. A lot.
He could see the faint forms of some of the vampires in the shadows. And that was quite good enough to prompt him to draw his trusty silenced pistol and a second, less silenced pistol and open fire. The little bursts of flame from the muzzles of his gun illuminated the room every now and again, revealing the fleeting positions of some of the vampires within. And he could tell from this that the mansion was teeming with them. It would've been unnerving, if some of them weren't still blinded and crying out in anguish. He was pretty much just making them really miserable with lights, loud noises, and a hail of bullets until they decided to finally come out and attack. Or come out and run, as so many of them already had. He'd just need Vaix to help clean most of them up. He certainly couldn't go after more than one or two to hack them up into pieces.. Then again, maybe he'd gotten his new vampire ally all wrong. Maybe he wasn't going to murder everything that got out of that mansion.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Ooc: that's okay. ^_^ I understand, Exam weeks coming up for me too...
bic;

Vaix's eyes gleamed as he watched the destruction in front of him, however in catching Cyrus speak in such a tone, he shook his head with a laugh. "Cyrus my friend, if I could hurt them here, would it be called a refuge? Would I need you? Of course they're getting away, because their getting away is the only thing that will allow me to get them later, understand? Shoot straight, you're missing them." He continued to loom over Cyrus, watching vampires cry out as bullets were hailed on them, more fled, the blind in company of whoever dared to guide them out more slowly. The ones that pondered fight were still dodging bullets and pondering so. Some had even tried to take a hard step forward before they met the blood red, hungry eyes of Cyrus's protector, and backed down again. Vaix shifted, the smell of fresh vampire blood made him rather frantic. In fact he'd lost his calm; he was shaking. The smile remained of course, because it wasn't an unnerving smell, it was a wonderful smell. He'd never wanted anything more than now, and he was being taunted. It took loads more control then what he had to stand by and watch food bleed. Like making a starving man stand by peacefully to watch the juices of a well cooked steak flow. He swallowed repeatedly, his fangs having slipped from under the cover of his upper lip at least an inch in visibility. This of course, only made them clean out faster, because he was going to lose it. It seemed his test of trust might happen a little sooner than he'd like, because once he broke the treaty, there was no going back, but if he survived there was such a vast future. Cyrus would be his haven, he wouldn't need contracts to sleep in safe places. He swallowed again, trying not to breath. He could no longer talk, his pupils had dilated to the point of being huge black orbs where his eyes were supposed to be, like a sharks. He placed a hand on Cyrus's shoulder, gave him a look, then backed away to allow something to come at Cyrus, anything. It didn't take long either. One of the stronger vampires that had been pacing and dodging bullets decided to take the chance, he lunged, and Vaix's reaction was like thunder. The vampire was caught in a bone breaking grip, sick cracks were heard, screams, and Vaix's fangs rooted so deeply in the vampire's throat that his victim ceased the ability to talk. If Cyrus was smart, he'd keep by Vaix, despite the fact he was breaking limps and ripping out the jugulars of any vampire he got his hands on. None of them were dying, but all he caught were severely bleeding out. There was no doubt now that all the vampires would be fleeing the building under the reign of massacre.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Ooc: mm bumples
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:23 pm

(( Whoooaaah. I can't believe I actually had TWO roleplays that I killed by forgetting to come to Sentrion o3o *is shot*. I'll catch up on this! Nice to see you again! ))
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Ooc: nice to see you too! XD
I thought you'd dieded...
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Cyrus was facing an interesting decision. A split second ago he had made the mistake of glancing towards Vaix, only to the vampire's usually normal features shifted to that of a starving fiend. That hadn't sat very well with the vampire slayer, and yet he hadn't even a chance to react. The moment his head was turned a vampire came hurtling out of the darkness towards him- only to meet with Vaix. So Cyrus had to either stay near this terrifying beast who was showering the streets with blood, or he had to let himself get ripped to pieces by a hoard of very upset vampires. He stuck by his 'ally', out of paralyzing fear if nothing else.

He'd never seen vampires fighting one another. He knew it happened- he knew that the stronger ones cannibalized too- but that hadn't prepared him to watch Vaix savagely tearing through waves of oncoming flesh as if it was nothing. And the vampires truly were pouring out of the front door in waves. They kept trying to storm out in enough numbers, with enough speed, to get by Vaix and rip apart Cyrus. His mind was swirling, and yet somewhere in the back of his head the reason that vaix needed him had finally clicked. He'd called this place a 'refuge' a second ago. The hunter was just now processing what that meant. These vampires were crowded in here because they were safe. From Vaix. And now he'd used Cyrus to storm the place and drive them out. He'd been a pawn in Vaix's hands.

And yet, it actually made him incrementally more relaxed. Now that he had a vague impression of what was basically going on, he didn't have to worry about the vampire tearing into him next. As long as he got away before he'd outlived his usefulness. Which may have been within the next twenty minutes.. And there was really no leaving Vaix's side right now. So he was trapped. And probably going to die. He'd just been in this sort of a situation the night before, and it was no more welcome now.

He reloaded his pistol with a numbed hand, opening fire into the stream of vampires again. They were thinning out, it was pretty much only the stragglers that were still heading out the front door.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:41 pm

The carnage came in waves, and Vaix was enjoying his blood fest to the fullest. He was dragging around a vampire in his mouth, while dancing around the room beheading, breaking bones, severing limbs, and anything else to make his meals stay put until he was done with them. Like a fox in the hen house, he murdered the masses before settling to eat.
He was aware that Cyrus had taken to keeping close to him, and by listening to the boy's heart alone, he could tell the hunter had caught on to his plans, or at least a piece of them. He grinned, dropped the drained vampire from his mouth and once again whirled around to face what little vampires had remained. None were challenging at this point, all focused on getting out. He let them, looming over Cyrus as he shot at them, and soon, they'd cleared out.
But the inside of the house was a massacre to behold. The walls, the ceilings, the floors, where painted crimson. It raining indoors, and Vaix was coated from head to toe, with his own layer of red paint. I fell off him like an ooze, dripping off his hair, his fingers, his clothes. Only his mouth was clean due to he constant licking it got from his eager tongue, and when the last vampire left, he threw his hands up in the air and laughed.
"Yes!! Isn't it grand Cyrus? Look at it, it's raining blood. I've never felt so healthy in my life! I'm full! I'M full! It's only once in a blue moon that I'm ever full. I've got you to thank for that my friend." He flopped over onto his back beside a body, grinning as terrified red eyes stared sightlessly back at him. He grabbed the body's hand and jumped up, running over to Cyrus with his bog grin and giving the boy it's hand, "Let's dance, it's a celebration!" Then he ran over and took his own limp vampire and paraded around the room, only to stop dead as he saw something outside.
The body dropped from his hands, and he shrunk back like a frightened child. "Shit," he hissed, "I'm screwed, she already knows, she's already here." He gripped his hair in his hands a moment as he heard Devonna yell out.
"Vaix you son of a bitch! Get your ass out here! We had a deal!!"
Vaix laughed nervously, talking to himself at a phenomenal pace as he worriedly thought this through. He sucked in a breath, looked to Cyrus and grinned again, lapping a bloody arm over the hunter. "Listen boy, the lady outside's a real bitch, she'll get in your head and rip you mind apart, so you have to let me deal with her alright? Don't talk, don't do anything, and don't look her in the eye. It's medusa in a disguise I swear it is. Come on," the arm on Cyrus' shoulder tightened and started to push him forward to walk with Vaix towards the exit.
He poked his head out, "Devonna, so nice to see y-" he duck back inside as a rock was whipped at his head and punched a hole through the wall, narrowly missing him.
"You Bastard!" she roared, "get out here so I can kick your ass!"
Vaix looked confused again, "Gee you think she's upset?"
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:04 pm

Cyrus wasn't outwardly gaping. He just stared. His expression was utterly blank as Vaix whipped around the dead bodies, laughing and relishing in the carnage. How much of a mistake had he made by letting Vaix feed off of these vampires? The hunter didn't even feel like he'd accomplished anything amazing, even though hed pretty much managed to incapacitate.. how many vampires was it? He couldn't even tell any more, just because so many of them were in pieces. He was sure he'd have to spend most of the night collecting up all the pieces and lugging them into a big pile to set them on fire and rid the city of them once and for all. He doubted that any of the vampires would venture back here after what had happened. Really, the only thing he had to worry about was Vaix deciding to kill him now that he couldn't really help him any more.

He shrunk away as Vaix offered him a dead vampire's hand, finally shooting him a look that made it very clear that he thought Vaix was the craziest thing ever. He was splattered with blood himself, but the ancient vampire was absolutely covered in it. It was truly repulsive, not to mention utterly terrifying. Cyrus still just couldn't be sure if he'd made an enormous mistake by coming here. Yes, these vampires probably killed tons of people every night.. But Vaix was a bigger threat then all of them. Then again, if he was only feeding off of vampires, did that make him Cyrus's ally? No, he'd seen him attacking that girl the night before.. He preferred vampires, but that didn't mean he wouldn't stoop to killing humans.. Cyrus was clearly being confronted with what nearly every vampire hunter was at some point. The enemy of their enemy was their friend.. even if their new friend should have been.. an enemy?

He followed Vaix's gaze outside when his cheerful demeanor suddenly dissolved, only to see some woman. No doubt this was another vampire. Nothing else could strike fear into Vaix like that short of a nuclear warhead, and she probably wasn't one of those. (( xD Probably. )) And if she was scaring Vaix, then she was probably pretty bad news herself. Cyrus was once again very sure that he was walking outside to get killed. He felt his stomach twist into a knot as Vaix put his blood-soaked arm around him, letting himself get shoved along towards the exit. Maybe this psychopath next to him had some notion of loyalty, or.. or at least gratitude? Cyrus had helped him out in a big way, apparently, so maybe he'd keep him from getting his limbs ripped off by this lady.

Pale and a shaken, Cyrus stepped out of the house with Vaix, more than willing not to even hazard a glance towards this woman. If only he hadn't come to this stupid city. If only he'd let Vaix take that girl away the other night without trying to stop him. He could have just waited for another vampire to come along and killed it normally. Nothing had to happen like this. Was killing this many vampires in this 'refuge' really worth dying? By sheer numbers, it might have been.. It depended on how many died tonight, vs. how many Cyrus could have killed over his whole lifetime if he hadn't come here and been lead to his death at the hands of this scary lady.
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Vaix glanced at Cyrus as the boy stiffened at his touch, and, like the predator he was, he smelt the fear from Cyrus. The boy had lost his nerve. He took in a deep breath and muttered, "Cyrus, boy, you're shaking. Do I make you uncomfortable? Am I not what you wanted?" He grinned, obviously this whole conversation was a game to him.
But Cyrus was incredibly lucky, because Vaix was what Cyrus pleaded for, Loyal. So long as the contract twisted in his favor Cyrus was hidden under the wing of the black angel. Thing was, however, that acting like a mouse, in front of a tiger, only got you turned into a play toy, and Vaix was most definitely interested in batting mice around.
He drew his main focus on the demon throwing rocks at the house, however, and taking a deep breath, he stepped out hand above his head and called, "Let me explain..."
"Explain what?!" Devonna roared, a picture of pure feminine rage, she whipped another rock and hit the old vampire straight in the forehead. But Vaix shook it off and continued walking forward, "There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this," he continued, "Just calm down, and let me explain."
"You have ten seconds to catch my attention," Devonna hissed.
Vaix looked panicked and rushed, looking around as if he thought his answer would fall from the sky, before he abruptly pointed to Cyrus, "He did it."
Devonna narrowed her eyes, "You lying piece of-" She cut off as she saw Vaix lift the hunter's hand that held the gun to his own head.
"He's a vampire hunter, I had no choice or he'd kill me." Vaix had an expression of a wounded, scared little puppy dog. Big round eyes, a pouted bottom lip, but the expression was spoiled by the coating of blood he carried.
Devonna sighed and rubbed her temples, "Look Vaix, I'm really not in the mood. I had a long day, they banned me from the strip club, so I couldn't get my dinner, and then some blood covered vampire ran up to me and told me YOU were killing the lot of them. I'm not going to deal with you, I'm going to let you bake. You're not coming into my house tonight, I'm throwing all your stuff out, find yourself somewhere else to live, and judging by the time, you have less that five hours to do so...
And you," she growled at the hunter, "You have no idea what you just signed yourself up for. This guys a cooke, he's a killer, he'll make you're life miserable. i suggest you run away before he ruins you, because you're dancing on the devil's plate.
You boys have a good evening." She threw another rock and Vaix's face, then stormed off roaring and kicking in a wall on the refuge as she vented after having to remain so calm.

Vaix watched her go quietly, before grinning and turning his stretched smile on Cyrus, "Can I live with you?"
Back to top Go down
RabidDustBunny
Verifier
RabidDustBunny

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Of course he was shaking. Any normal person would have had all kinds of a nervous breakdown by now. This carnage was probably enough to drive people out of their minds, or at least give them tons of post-traumatic stress disorder, and the looming mortal peril Cyrus found himself in wasn't helping at all. Nothing he'd learned about killing vampires had prepared him for dealing with Vaix. At. All.

He kept quiet as Devonna started to chew Vaix out for what he'd done, sincerely hoping that Vaix figured out a good way out of it. The excuse that he picked was not the one that Cyrus had in mind, however. He died inside a little as Vaix threw him under the bus, looking to his limp hand holding the gun that was clasped within the vampire. There wasn't an ounce of color left in Cyrus's face at this point, and his eyes widened, his mouth opening wordlessly as he tried to figure out what to say. Maybe it would have been best if he just started crying or something.

He just stood there and looked back to Devonna. If Vaix was trying to immitate the look of a sad puppy dog, then Cyrus was probably more akin to a puppy who was about to wet the carpet. Or have a heart attack. He could hardly hear what she was saying as she addressed him and warned him about Vaix. His head was spinning. He was torn between just wishing to crawl into bed and stay there forever and wanting to drink the rest of the night away. Neither seemed to be an immediate option, though, so it didn't really matter which one he decided to pine for.

And then she was gone. And Vaix spoke. Cyrus looked at him for a little while, unable to remember any words. Not one. He hadn't the slightest idea what to say, or how to say it, or how he felt.
"Wh-why..." He managed to start, his voice quavering a little more than he liked. "Why would I ever.. EVER.. A-after what you just did!? And you'll kill me if I let you! Or if I don't let you! You'll kill me anyway! Why the hell!? Why would I let you live with me! And the order- THE ORDER. They'd run me through if they found you there! I- I..! It doesn't even matter what I do anymore! I've known you for HOW LONG and you've already screwed me over in -i-in every way imaginable!!"

Cyrus pulled out of his grip, his eyes wide and desperate, his words barely coherent. He was just out of his mind with terror. And anger. He didn't understand a damn thing that this guy was trying to do.. and now..!
Back to top Go down
Blacksoal
Verifier
Blacksoal

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Vaix had been aware of the amount of stress he'd been causing Cyrus, he'd been aware that when he'd blamed Cyrus for killing of the vampire refuge, the boy had just about wet himself. He was aware that even now, Cyrus was ready to start crying. But foolishly, Vaix had not been prepared to get wave after wave of stuttering gibberish basically saying: No Vaix, you can't live with me.
His entire demeanor changed as the boy broke down, looking like a concerned parent, his smile became small and sweet, he placed a hand on Cyrus' shoulder, and started turning the table of Cyrus' mind.
"Cyrus. I want you to sit down, and I want you to calm down." He quite promptly sat down on the floor knees to his chest and watched Cyrus, "Sit with me boy... Listen, I'm going to tell you WHY I'm not killing you, why you'll be living a very long, and fulfilled life, with or without being a vampire, and I'm going to be telling you why you'll be letting me live in your home or I'll kill you and kick another easily manipulated newb."
He smiled lightly, and patted the floor, "Just sit down, you've fixed my life, and I'm going to make you the most famous, most respected hunter in the world. I don't want you to feel bad, or stupid, because I'm seven hundred years old, I have seven hundred more years of experience than you do, and no hunter has ever successfully killed an aged nosferatu such as myself."
He grew impatient waiting for Cyrus and tugged him down onto the floor. Still dripping blood, he smiled calmly, in a very friendly open way.
"Do you know why you're not dead Cyrus? Because I need you, do you honestly think that I needed you to get me into the refuge and slaughter a bunch of young blood vampires? No Cyrus." He smiled a little wider that his soft smile. "You see, vampires don't like vampires like me. They don't let me stay...unless I have a treaty, something that keeps them safe from me. But you see, I need to eat, and humans are watery and tasteless. If I had the choice, I wouldn't touch another human being ever again. That's where you come in Cyrus. If you look after me, you give me shade during the day, Ill kill whatever you want. We can murder whole covens together, you and I. You save your precious human race, and I get to eat. That little order of yours, they'll worship you. All you have to do is let me stay with you Cyrus. You have to let me live, because if you turn me down, I'll die this morning, and so will any chances you have of being great. I never intended to kill you, I never intended to hurt you. Just calm down, and say yes..."
He paused, licked more blood from his chops, then stood, stretched, and muttered "I'm going to grab my coffin before it ends up trashed alright? How about you stay here and think about it, and by the time I get back you can give me your answer. If you leave me I'll assume it's a no, in which case I'll make sure I take you down with me If I have to die tonight." He gave a friendly wave of his hand, then trotted off down the streets, people crying out at the sight of him, coated and leaving a trail of blood, singing a medieval English tune about burning witches as he made his way to the man hole to get at Devonna's home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One:One (Semi-lit+) <3   One:One (Semi-lit+) <3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One:One (Semi-lit+) <3
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next