Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Mythodreas

Zetapets v2 Re-hosted:
www.mythodreas.com
You can also check out the update on Zetalia for more information.

All Mythodreas-related media copyright © 2004-2005 Mythodreas.com. Used with permission.

Sea Division [Ore]

Go down 
+2
ManzanitaGrove
Iceycreamy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 pm

SEA DIVISON

Wulf raised his head as the great doors to his throne room swung open. Banners bearing his family's proud insignia billowed slightly on either side of the cold throne he was seated in. His tired, wise eyes greeted the one who entered the antechamber came to stand before him. The Great King, Wulf the Iron One, raised and dropped a paw, and as if by magic the great doors closed with a resounding boom. He gathered his thoughts as the torchlight blazed and flickered, illuminating him with an eerie glow.

"Now." His rich, deep voice echoed, rolling around the room, entering into the very soul. It was strong, but kind and tinged with weariness. "You have been selected for your valor and unbreakable spirit. You will lead the sea-travelling division of the retaliation Hygard force. Your duty is to repel the unjust takeover, led by the Enure witch. Use my supplies and vessels well. But above all, lead the people wisely. Do not waste lives." his voice reached a crescendo, then fell silent.

"Ghonabon. You have charge of the Sea Squadron. Bring only justice where you travel. Take this as a symbol of my trust." He rose and walked deliberately to the maroon digolen to hang a silver medallion with the royal crest engraved in it over the captain's head. Stolidly accepting the tribute, the giant watched the king with a solemn dignity.

"We have recently acquired a submarine through a generous fund donation by the city of Raequor. We also thank you for delaying your joinment with the camp to transport said submarine to the edge of Hygard so that it may be boarded by our troops. You will be assigned many who have chosen sea as their squadron, but also some who have not, including those who are of noble birth. It is important that you treat them as you would any other. We will be striking at the very heart of Enure's power, the Island Spire located on the western Emestar Islands in three days at dawn. In addition to your submarine, there will be others that will be led in the same manner, as well as a twin attack from a position above in the sky. There's a chance that Enure may try to intercept you on the way - after all, she has two Generals devoted solely to the protection of the sea. In addition to the ship you already have, you will be supplied with PORCUPINE PANTZ the newest and best mechagical equipment - something that Enure will not be expecting or prepared for. She will be expecting the sea forces to be limited either to the inside of your submarine or those who have natural fins and gills."

Giving a final look at Ghonabon, he offered one more instruction: "Tallisse will bring you news and further orders, and he can send messages as swift as the wind. Now go. And do what you must." He bid Ghonabon to take her leave, then turned and refused to look as she exited.

Hours later he was still in his throne, holding his head, and looking crushed. The lamps had burned out and not been relit, as he had ordered that he not be disturbed. "I have sent them to their doom." He moaned.

"You did the right thing." A sweetly venomous voice purred in his ear from the shadows.

CREW MEMBERS
Ghonabon (SEA)
Rav(Sea)
Gibbous (Sea)
Nenadair (Sea)
Yaktooo (Sea)
Shoji (Sea)
Hukoni (Sea)
Hajeed (Sea)
Sethari (Sea)
Lark(Sea)

Last edited by Iceycreamy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://sentrionuniversity.forumotion.net
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:40 pm

A monolith rises out of the sparkling waters like the head of giant sea monster called forth from the depths. Its entire elliptical form is slick with a tangled mass of kelp, still streaming with the salty water from whence it came. The impressive turbine sent froths of water in geysers toward the clouds above. With the sea weed covering it, the color of the submarine was a deep olive, but in patches the dull brass and silver shown through. There were also bright spots of red, orange, fuchsia, and yellow that appeared to be sea anemones, sea flowers, or sea fruits, but they were also cloaked by the seaweed for the most part.

As the submarine came to rest on the rocky shoreline dotted with sandy patches a hatch opened and a hulking giant of a digolen emerged. She blinked slowly at the sunlight and then a smile crept across her maroon face. “A success.” She announced, continuing her quiet beam. “Set for launch.” She ambled down invisible steps, clearing the way of seaweed for the others to climb up and across the dull metal hull. "I am Ghonabon. I will be your captain." As one by one her new crew and passengers filed into the dark opening she nodded or clapped each one on the back with an enormous paw, only saying two words or less to express her approval. Though a giant, she was clearly good natured.

Once inside the recruits could get lost in the Varaha as each dimly lit corridor and hatchway looked mostly identical. The cold, dull metal, lit from a line of yellow green lights would seem confined, but was actually wide enough for three to stand side by side. It was always clean and uncluttered under the watchful hands of Ghonabon, who was known for her fairness. She would be sure to get the recruits informed about all procedures, necessary locations, and important information as soon as the voyage was underway. In the meantime they could pick their bunks from the crew’s quarters.

A few maps were available around the ship in case someone needed some sense of direction. It shows a top down view of each level.

Sea Division [Ore] Varaha

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hierogryphon.deviantart.com/
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 2:01 pm

Nenadair had found out his assignment, and rushed as fast as he could to the point marked on his map. Realizing there was no one there, he disappointedly stood before the dock looking forelorn. In all the excitement, he had forgotten about the silver circlet's disappearance.
The Aquas hoped that soon he would be able to see the vessel that would carry them underwater, and meet the Captain that would be in charge of him!
Back to top Go down
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Spoiler:

Nearly falling over in surprise over the large submersible/coral reef emerged from the peaceful waters of the ocean. Not even a whisper of sound or ripple of water had given away it's graceful uprising, and the prince admired it's sleek efficiency. He had never seen anything as incredibly aquadinamic before, and he'd lived underwater all his life! A hatch popped open and an unusually large Digolen's scaly snout could be seen. Climbing into the giant submersable more gracefllu than he had the tents in the camp, the Aquas stood proudy in front of the Digolen and saluted smartly. "I am happy to be aboard the Varaha, Captain Ghonabon."
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Spoiler:
Ghonabon, raised her soft eyes to observe the comparably smaller arctic individual that was making his way toward her. She approved of his ability to cross the hull without slipping or drawing back from the kelp covered vehicle. He seemed to have the energy of youth, and an innocent look in his eyes. Listening to his bright greeting and viewing her eager salute she answered, "Welcome," after a long pause. "You are early." she continued in a quiet drawl, and a smile once again spread across her face. "Choose your quarters at your leisure." Her claw swung in an ark to invite him into the dim interior of her home. She gave him a fond look, and continued to watch him with a kind of confident serenity.

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : colour change)
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:30 pm

Rav did eventually bury himself back in his precious papers and diagrams, and continued to peer over them, engrossed, as they neared where they were supposed to board. Gibbous hadn't had really any opportunity to get a word in edge wise, even if he had been able to figure out just what in the land of Sentrion the half mechanized gremlick was yammering on about. Rav, of course, was completely oblivious to this, as his head buzzed happily with plans and inventions. He had marched right up to the dock before he finally raised his eyes to take in the actual submersible. He appreciatively scrutinized it, visualizing the relative size of the engines and pumps within the vessel. He wasn't sure he approved of the living skin, but was too concerned with the inner workings to let it bother him. Sighting Captian Ghonabon, he turned to Gibbous, a pleased smile playing across his face. *I'm getting butterflies in my stomach,* He realized and was pleased at the discovery. Then waited a few moments to see Gibbous's reaction before they boarded for the journey.
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Yaktooo chose to go to the shoreline first, and follow it to the docks. The cool sea was a blur of rolling motion, crashing onto the sand. The rocks further up from the beach were already getting quite hot from the morning sun. He picked his way among the rocks and his eight feet were not bothered in the least by the warmth. This was nothing compared to the scorching sand dunes and rock outcroppings of T'enelm's deserts. He steered clear of the water lapping up on the beach, and the tidal pools forming between rocks. The water made him uneasy. He wanted to limit his contact with it for as long as possible. He cherished every step on the land, knowing he was approaching the Vahara, and he had no idea how long he would remain on the vessel. As he navigated his way down the beach, he occupied himself by picking up odd bits of sand and rocks along the way. He examined them, and either tossed them aside, or spat his glue on it and stuck them to his back if he felt a strong enough magical force emanating from them, or if they were valuable, or if he just plain thought they were pretty. The nice thing about collecting from beaches was that bits of material could be washed there from all over Sentrion, from land and from way down deep beneath the ocean. There was a great variety of rocks and minuscule gem fragments present here, much more so than you could find in a single sand dune, tomb, or cave in T'enelm, however much less concentrated. Most of it was ordinary sand and shells. By the time the dock with the Vahara came into view, Yaktooo had only found about 6 tiny fragments worth keeping.

He made it just in time to see a shadow Leo and none other than the creepy Gremlick from before boarding the vessel. You've got to be kidding me! he thought to himself. He slunk behind a rock peered from afar.
Back to top Go down
Ænigma
Verifier
Ænigma

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:52 pm

He was distracted as Rav chattered on and on, and only managed to pick up a little of the Gremlick’s excited quips as he, himself, attempted to find an escape route. Little was his motivation to be with Rav at the moment, or at any moment, but as soon as he’d begun to pace away, Rav turned to him. He suddenly straightened up into the dignified position he’d been in before and sent him a fanged, childish grin.
“Oh, yes. I’m quite excited, myself. So much to do, so many crew members to meet…” He trailed off as if overwhelmed by his own excitement. As he did so, though, he fell into his own trap as he spied the captain, Lady Ghonabon.
“Kings Almighty,” he said, in utter awe of her power and grace, “She’s magnificent.”
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:16 pm

"What? Oh yes..." Rav was a little surprised by Gibbous's observation of the mighty digolen, as he rarely had interest in others. Still endowed with energy at the thought of what awaited him inside, he scampered up the narrow and gently sloped stairwell to the captain, obviously intent on disappearing inside. Still, he held himself back just long enough to try to make a decent impression. "Hello. You are Ghonabon." His eyes darted to the hatch, and he didn't really know what else to say. His main reason for stopping at all was the thought of not starting off on the wrong foot and being questioned while he was working. "I am what you would call an expert in mechanics, so the Varaha's engine and all other such devices will be operate well while I am allowed to be her mechanic." Hoping that that would solidify his position, he edged closer to the entrance, but dutifully kept his eyes on the digolen. He subconsciously was ready to dodge if she swung a claw for any reason, but his mind was completely occupied with just getting inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghonabon wise eyes studied the pair that arrived on the beach, easily determining that they were bound to be on her squadron. She also eyed a smaller red visitor that was scuttling along the beach, but figured he would come on board when he was ready. The duo seemed to be an odd pair. The gremlick was strange on his own of course, but the fact that he treated the regal shadow leo as a sort of guardian was perhaps stranger still.

Just in the few moment she had seen them she could tell that they were of vastly different personalities. Sure enough, the brown one was in no way as stoic as the other. His greeting was not pleasant, or tactful. But it wasn't smug either. She studied him, realizing intuitively that he was an odd mixture and could not by judged by normal measures. Reservedly she stated, "Welcome aboard," and her eyes softened at his eagerness. He did not get along with others well, that was certain, but was certainly brilliant at his choice of interest. Mechanic. So he was the rumored Rav. Another had described him and related a rather negative story about his character, but such tales were not to be treated as true until justified. She non-verbally permitted him access to her vessel but averting her eyes to settle on the leo.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ænigma
Verifier
Ænigma

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Spoiler:

Gibbous smiled his most warm and welcoming smile and bowed his head gently. "Hello, Captain. I am Gibbous and this is Rav." As Rav once again tittered away in his excitedness, Gibbous simply watched and laughed gently at his antics.
When their was a pause in the conversation, he said gently, "If you'll both excuse me, I'm going to go explore a bit. If you need me, Captain, simply call for me; I shall be listening."

Last edited by Ænigma on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:28 pm

Spoiler:

Ghonabon nodded, smiling in return to Gibbous's own gentle laugh. *Then it is confirmed. This is Rav.* She was pleased by the generosity of the leo and blinked slowly before another smile swept across her face. "Thank you, and go ahead."

Last edited by ManzanitaGrove on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thought italics....)
Back to top Go down
Ænigma
Verifier
Ænigma

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:49 am

He nodded to her with a slight incline of his head and padded off, and, as soon as he was out of sight, he went into a bit of a run. He needed to find a spot where he couldn't be found. Perhaps he would be breaking rules, but he would need to hide from Rav to collect himself.
A bit of it was also for theatrics because if he put a break in the time they were together, Rav would suspect that something outside happened to him, and perhaps not blame Gibbous entirely for his change in demeanor.
It didn't take long for him to find a spot in the library where he could hide from the outside world. It was dead-silent in there, and for once, Gibbous wasn't compromised in the least. He wasn't some would-be king attempting to impress others, nor was he some tough soldier going into battle like he would need to be soon.
He was the scared little cub away from his pride, his parents, and lost in a world of chaos. He sighed gently and laid down, resting his chin on his paw. It was going to be a long journey for him.
Back to top Go down
DemonHirugi
Verifier
DemonHirugi

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:06 am

Sethari awoke with a groan as he found himself laying in a small area of the Vaharan that Hajeed had demanded to be closed off. He was lying in a pool of blood, as nobody, not even Hajeed, had been brave enough to get close enough to him to bandage his wounds. He got to his feet and immediately winced and fell to the floor. 'OW!', he said. He then proceeded to exclaim a large string of curses that would have driven the FCC insane. Hajeed was standing nearby. He had retrieved a contraption he had built himself that was similar to an SMG but was more primitive and fired hypodermic needles full of strong anesthetic. He then proceeded to fire several needles into Sethari's chest. Sethari blacked out.
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Yaktooo strained to hear what was being said over the crashing of the ocean's waves on the rocks to no avail. He watched as the Leo and Gremlick greeted an enormous yet graceful Digolen who must be Captain Ghonabon. The creepy Gremlick was obviously eager to get inside the vessel. Yaktooo was more than happy to wait until he succeeded. He was determined to have as little contact with the Gremlick as possible. Right now, he'd rather jump head-first into the water and risk drowning than facing off with the mechanical monstrosity again. If the Gremlick wasn't angry with him before, he definitely would be after Yaktooo had attempted to sting him.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Spoiler:

Rav ducked down underneath the hatch as soon as the signal came from the formidable Ghonabon, then disappeared down the minimal and gaunt spiral staircase. He descended a second floor, already calculating how far and where his objective was located--so of course he didn't even stop to look at the laminated maps that conspicuously decorated a green-tinged metal wall here and a bleak, shadowed corner there. Taking a left he sped down the first hallway, mildly irritated that he couldn't use his power stilts in the compact hallways. He hardly noticed the rough damp walls or the tarnished diamond plate floor that his claws clicked over as he sighted the compact round glass window. To any other the thick fogged convex windows might have a resemblance to pupil-less eyes, but Rav was not privy to such over imaginative thoughts. He realized that this central door must be the only entrance into the engine room. It led into an even smaller corridor that had three hatches in it labeled: Fuel, Supplies, and Engine Room.

After twisting the release wheel he hurriedly shoved the hatch open and barged in. He practically glowed at the sight. Magnificent, monstrous machines chugged and blew off steam. Murky red orange light streamed out from hot boilers and ovens while gears, levers, valves, and pistons all chugged, hissed, and steamed like a angry caged beasts. He reverently strode through the metal maze, under pipes, between rattling machines, and over the vibrating floor. *Gibbous, surely you sense the same magnificence....* He poked his head around a corner to realize that Gibbous was not behind him. Undisturbed, he was positive the leo would make his way there in a few moments and he soon forgot as he continued to warp himself in his ambitions. This place was positively alive, but in the predictable and indiscriminate way of steam fueled machinery. The dim lighting all came from hanging lamps that emitted an orangy-yellow luminescence that provided the light in the warm swirling mist and gloom that hung over the entire room. Silent he reached out his metal hands and stroked an oscillating rod, letting the energy pulse into himself.

Suddenly officious he pushed away and passed through narrow pass and pushed into every shadowed nook he could, getting a feel for every dimension. He would do some repair and improvement, (as he could tell someone(s) must had done before him from a few discrepancies of the original plans and the actual room) though the condensed size still meant he couldn't reach many of the internal parts, at least not without getting a close look and some clever engineering. Strangely he couldn't find the tools and devices previous mechanics had used to do such necessary operations. The boxes on the walls only contained simple tools. He pulled down a telescoping ladder and explored the upper level, walking on a metal grating-walkway that clanged and swayed on metal chains until he reached one of the overlooks that stood on metal supports. This layer had much more control panels and machine units that controlled the other parts of the submarine. Such things as lights, automatic doors, and plumbing.

Hearing more whirring he entered the pump room through another hatchway. The light here was much clearer and sharper with a much more smooth operation in the center of the room. He quickly understood that each room could be pumped or filled separately if the dashboard was operated correctly. Pipes were routed to each level and could be closed off or opened for pumping. The machinery itself was impressively powerful, humming away efficiently inside smooth shells. The lighting in this room was a sharp contrast, with a more sharp bluish tone and none of the maze like quality of the other room. It was clearly more modern and organized and had a pleasant grey theme.

He was pleased with both rooms but decided to return to the larger and more cozy engine room first. This time he inspected everything from the balcony level and was soon jumping and bounding across the room using the floor, top of the machines, and upper level to maneuver around. He had already marked in his mind which areas to avoid if they were too hot or moved unpredictably, and was comfortable moving around and through the variation of rumbling equipment. It was to be his his workshop cum playground for the entire voyage, and he was not disappointed with what he had been presented. He hummed a strange discordant tune that blended with the reverberating of everything around him as he opened and unscrewed things to take a look inside. Gibbous's absence nagged at him, but he was not conscious that his friend was still not there as he was swept up in his dreams and plans.
Back to top Go down
Ænigma
Verifier
Ænigma

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:09 pm

It didn’t take him long to recover from his helplessly confused state. His jaw set firmly as he rediscovered his resolve and began to pace slowly across the floor of the library. No one was in the room, so there was no one to hear him as he debated with himself quietly,
“I could stay with him. I could go back to him and he’d be none the wiser. Of course I would be upset—upset that he obviously desired the company of someone, or perhaps something else—but it isn’t as if it would destroy me. I could care for him as if he were one of my own kin…”
He paused, the idea speaking to his heart as it rose and filled with the life that it had been previously lacking with what he thought was a decision. No wonder no one had ever asked him to make a decision before; he was absolutely awful at it!
“But it’s unhealthy to force myself to live in a lie like that. It would cause me to hate my friends, despise my crew, and do awful things to my own heart. I would allow it to be hardened to one being, but for me to turn from everyone else for the sake of one other?”
Perhaps it would have been acceptable for anyone without his lineage, he reasoned, but for him, it was hardly an option.
He sighed. Pain was unavoidable in this situation; the decision would have to be based on which pain he could live with and which would kill him. He hung his head and bit his dark, lower lip, sighing once again. Eternal longing was far easier to handle than crippling pain.
He sat down again and began to clean himself, licking his massive white paws and then washing his face with them. He began to wonder how it had been for his father. He had been so close to so many of them; how could he have managed to be so warm and yet so trusting?
“I hope I discover the answer soon,” he said, resting his paw back down and placing his head on top of them. “Because if this feeling persists, I’m not going to be able to trust myself.”
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Spoiler:

After the creepy Gremlick entered the Vahara, the giant Digolen simply waited patiently. Yaktooo waited a moment, then scuttled over the rocks and onto the dock, his eight legs rapidly tapping and scraping on the damp, worn wooden planks. The great red Digolen turned her head calmly and watched Yaktooo approached, and Yaktooo suddenly had the feeling that she had known he was on the beach watching the whole time. He was a bit unnerved, but he knew he wasn't exactly trying his hardest to be a ninja and thought nothing more of it.

{Hello. I am Yaktooo, I believe I'm supposed to be a mechanic on your vessel. I'm sorry but I must tell you I have almost no skill in machinery. I was assigned the job because of my...} he thought back to the words the green Plato had used {... "stature."}
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:41 pm

Spoiler:
Kindly, Ghonabon nodded at the crimson vortailer who was drawing nearer. She shuffled her humongous hind claws once as she continued to watch him until he was directly before her. {Hello. I am Yaktooo, I believe I'm supposed to be a mechanic on your vessel. I'm sorry but I must tell you I have almost no skill in machinery. I was assigned the job because of my...} he paused to consider his words. {... "stature."} Although she was unsuspecting of the vortailer's mode of communication, the only thing that showed it was a delayed blink, a slow widening of her eyes, and then a return to her normal utter calm.

Truly he was minuscule in comparison, and his delicate phrasing brought a booming laugh from the towering female digolen. A warm smile ensued and she encouraged in her slow drawl, "Do not fear. I will ensure your inexperience causes no harm." She became serious, and paused to inspect the individual in front of her. Her wise eyes swept over his unusual body, and settled to stare deeply at Yaktooo. She had a foreboding sense... *This one is not all that he seems. There is something in him that I cannot make out. He is grey inside, in no way despicable, but he has duplicity.* She would let his personality work itself out, as she did not believe he would pose a threat unless provoked. Reviving her vocal cords she added, "There is one named Rav who you will work with. Whatever you have heard, I'd appreciate it if you'd wait to meet him until I can be there as well." Her words trailed off as she patiently inspected the vortailer's reaction.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Spoiler:

Yaktooo was tickled when Ghonabon widened her eyes in one of the usual, if slow, responses to the telepathic speech. He started to hiss out a laugh but was interrupted by the enormous Digolen's equally thunderous laughter. He jumped in surprise, equally spooked but more prone to show it than the solid captain. That was not an expected response at all.

He recollected himself and waited until she finished sizing him up and to respond. He was relieved to hear that he wouldn't be in charge of anything mechanical, that he would be supervised by someone much more skilled in..... machines.... Wait a second...

{Rav isn't that... brown Gremlick... is he?} he reared back, then twisted and waved his second set of legs above his pincers, snapping his pincers menacingly, to demonstrate the Gremlick's extra arms. {I've met him already. We didn't get along.} he put his legs back down. {I'd be happy to let you ah... moderate our second introduction.} He was sure the big, nice Digolen captain would protect him from the cranky Gremlick. If she could help smooth things over with him, it would be worth putting up with the Gremlick to stay in the position as a mechanic. The best way to get more information about the VaRAha would be to keep his claws in her heart, the engine room.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:14 am

Spoiler:
Rav finally surfaced from the haze of planning he had immersed himself in to realize that Gibbous had still not appeared. Uneasily he got up, leaving the metal pieces he had taken apart on a bench, laid neatly in the position to be reassembled. He wandered into the corridor with his stomach turning over as he realized that he had no idea where Gibbous was. His voice quaked as he called out lonesomely, "Gibbous...?" and he felt vaguely betrayed. *Again? What have I done to deserve it this time? I knew he was right behind me, and he knew I was going right away to learn how the engine system was... Why didn't he come? Did he ever get on board? Where could he be?* He hoped that Gibbous wasn't in trouble, but he couldn't imagine another reason his friend would be delayed more than a few minutes. Still, it was not Gibbous's fault, but his own doing for not staying by the leo's side again. *I was too consumed with my gadgets.*

Confused, he stopped. *But machinery is never bad, I don't need to stay by Gibbous right? He said I just need to think of him, right? I should just go back. This is unnecessary.* He argued with himself. *But I know that I need to be by him or else I lose something within me. How is it that I go a little beserk? It has something to do with the way I think. But I'm reasoning everything perfectly, and I'm remembering Gibbous so I'm alright... right?* He was unsure of himself, and was stuck between going on or turning back. He didn't feel like something was wrong, just a little more unruly and distraught than before.

*I have to be by him, I can't remember why. Just I had to be with him.*
Shadows of demons crept up on the edges of his vision as he made his way, trying to figure out where the proud shadow one might be. He opened a random hatch and saw it was a bunk room. On one side a small bunk sat, a little unkept, and the single recess light flickered with green tinged light. A dark slimy plant covered a quarter of one of the walls, and bright specks that looked like eyes peered out of it. Rav, unnerved, slammed and hatch and scuttled down the hall. The scraping and clanging of his claws rattled his brain as he tried to shake off the fear that was coiling in his stomach. *Look at me. Weak and frightened like a newborn.* He clenched his teeth and tried to uncrook his bent from. *I am Rav Peritron. The master mechanic, supreme to all crewmen who dedicate themselves to lesser arts. Why do I cower like this?* His eyes darted furtively, searching the shadows while his breathing slowed to a reasonable level, and then he moved in an insidious glide down the hallway. Still seeking Gibbous but now other thoughts laid claim to his shrouded mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nodding thoughtfully, the maroon digolen interpreted Yaktooo's impression. "Yes, that is Rav." Glad he that he seemed willing to try a second time, she turned away to look over the infinite expanse of the tossing sea. She continued to mull over the details of her crew so far, and wondered how she could arrive at a compromise since both the parties were such an unknown at that time. She would have inquired for information about the gremlick, however she would prevent herself from being influenced as much as possible, and learn everything straight from the zetian himself. She was not one to hesitate, and had an unshakable confidence in her abilities. "Any disagreement will be ended when I have a say." She said simply. Her eyes returned, bringing her mind with them. "You may enter and explore the Varaha as you like." She said kindly.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iceycreamy
Admin
Iceycreamy

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:40 am

Spoiler:
Nenadair wandered among the surprisingly wide halls, his tail dragging softly against the metal floor. The ship was surprisingly well built for something that was recently commissioned, the plans must have been made years in advance. The artisan who had designed it must have been thrilled to have recieved the funding to actually build it from the Ore Army! Pattering softly down the halls, he turned into wht seemed to be a crew quarter. He placed his bags and swords down on the bed, realizing how lucky he was to have a room with such solitude - no bunkmates, at least for now. There was room for another person if push came to shove, however. Leaving his posessions in Crew Quarter #2, Nenadair went to explore the ship. By now, he could hear others entering the ship, with the clang clang and ting ting of feet going down stairs. He himself found one of the many stircasses and slinked down, wandering until he found himself gazing through a slightly ajar door into a library. The cases ere lined with books, and a soft murmuring of undistinguishable words was coming from within. Nenadair slowly pried the door open, to see who it was. Inside was a Black Leo, sitting in what eemed deep thought. "I apologize.. am I disturbing you? I wished to see the library..."
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Spoiler:

Yaktooo thanked Captain Ghonabon and cautiously boarded the submarine, careful not to slip as he entered the hatch. He made his way down the staircase, noticing the air was almost as damp and salty as the breeze outside. It would have been pretty dank and sickly to Yaktooo, who was used to hot and dry air, if there weren't such a good ventilation system. Air wafted though the corridors, pushed through vents by fans that were just barely beginning to squeak with rust. The he crawled down the hallway, keeping along one wall as a habit while walking indoors to avoid being stepped on, even though no one was immediately around. He could hear other people moving around inside their quarters as he walked by or stepping up and down staircases. He was happy to notice that most of the doors had a second, smaller door set inside the larger one, almost like a doggie door except with its own latch. He turned the handle and went inside, pleased that the designer did indeed have some smaller crew members in mind. Some places literally had just holes cut into the walls to accommodate smaller Zetians. Such a hole obviously wouldn't work in a submersible though, because each room would have to be sealed off to keep water from coming in if there was a hull breach. He set his bag down by a cot, and went back out into the corridor to keep exploring. He wanted to head to the rear to check out the engine room, since he had a feeling he would be spending a lot of time there, but wanted to avoid Rav, so he went to the head of the vessel instead.
Back to top Go down
ManzanitaGrove
Verifier
ManzanitaGrove

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:49 am

With his distorted outlook, Rav had nothing to fear so he continued to peek into the rooms of the ship. All of the quarters he looked into had between two and four cramped beds, each with the same color sheets and wall with a dark climbing plant with bright colored berries or flowers. He continued to explore, half looking for Gibbous, half for his own benefit. Downstairs the food locker was a room with food stored in various boxes and other means. Next he moved across the hall to the distilling room. Within were tanks and some more machines. He took a quick overview, noting, *There are some chemical appliers, as well as evaporators, of course some regulators, and some other equipment that resembled the type in the pumping room. I see, so this also will be something I may be working on. I don't have the time for this now though.*

He sniffed, and moved on fairly quickly downstairs to enter the practice room. That room was a sort of multipurpose area, wide and open with lots of weapons and armor hanging on the wall. It also had some strange rectangles on the wall, which he realized were fold out tables. Across from him he saw that there were two zetian's already there. A vampiric rypher and a shadow gremlick. It was clear that the rypher was injured and the gremlick was a sort of doctor. He hovered in the doorway, unsure how they would react to his presence, then determined to lose his 'weakling thoughts' marched toward him with his head inclined in a haughty gesture. His narrowed eyes were kept trained on them anyway. "I..." He stopped with his feet splayed, "am Rav." announcing his name as if they simply had to know just who he was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghonabon stood where she was for awhile longer, then moved off to tread among the sea weed that covered her vessel. She tenderly inspected it, trimming it here and there, surprisingly delicately with her over-sized claws, and expertly avoiding some areas. She greeted the last few who entered, taking a lost circlet to deliver to a 'Nenadair.' Then descended into the interior, sealing the entrance behind her after she looked out over the surrounding terrain for a last time. As she moved down the hall, her large size practically making it impassible for anyone else, she reflected on just what was about to happen. *It has begun. We will set of within the next hour, just as soon as the specialized equipment is introduced.* She bowed her great head as if a weight had been placed upon her, and indeed the medal bestowed upon her by Wulf did burden her. She reached up to it, where it was wrapped around her shoulder, and touched it once before she entered her personal room. She didn't even look at the familiar place as she moved aside a leaf to speak into a metal pipe that connected to every room in the submarine. Her voice was eerily amplified as it echoed and resonated through the entire ship with magical enhancement. "All make your way to the practice room. Its top level and left when facing the turbine."
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aylias
Verifier
aylias

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Yaktooo was climbing down the staircase to explore the observatory when he heard Captain Ghonabon's orders echo over the loudspeaker. He turned around and went to the top level to get to the practice room. Upon reaching the landing, he froze in his tracks when he saw the creepy Gremlick standing in the doorway to the practice room. He was just as disturbing as ever, especially since he seemed to be in his element among the metal frame, pipes, and grates that surrounded him in the dim light and the coppery smelling air. After a moment, the Gremlick stepped inside and Yaktooo relaxed.

Well, Ghonabon said to wait til she's around before dealing with that Gremlick. That's orders. Aye, captain. Yaktooo thought, relieved to have an excuse not to enter the room quite yet. He waited outside, out of sight from the room's occupants.
Back to top Go down
Ænigma
Verifier
Ænigma

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Spoiler:

Having come to a decision, Gibbous collected himself. He found that suddenly he was extraordinarily weary, and quickly decided that he was going to look around at his quarters to see if he approved of the set-up.
He paced in and couldn't help but perk up at what he saw. He wasn't expecting much of anything, and so the fact that he did indeed have a bed made the world to him. He unceremoniously closed the door and leaped into the bed, quickly burying himself under the covers and curling into a ball in a very feline style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sea Division [Ore] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Division [Ore]   Sea Division [Ore] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sea Division [Ore]
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next